Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   PC, License and Backups (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54162)

Sir.Nel October 27th, 2015 11:32 AM

PC, License and Backups

I have two lone Wolf programs the first one is Hero Lab and the other one is Realms Works. My question is wait up let me rephrase that, my problem is that my laptop is being sent to the shop for three weeks for some repairs. I have backed up my hard drive and I also have a desktop that I can utilize, the problem is how I shall go about transferring the database of what I've been working on, from the laptop to the desktop. And keep in mind I need both programs is going to be three weeks and me without my drugs is no no. :D Lolol Most of the time my laptop does all the work even initiating the licensing, updates and back up. So can I transfer License back to the laptop after the three weeks is up, this is not permanent right.

AndrewD2 October 27th, 2015 11:43 AM

You do get a free secondary licence you could just use on the Desktop, and I believe Realm Works will sync your data when you login.

ShadowChemosh October 27th, 2015 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD2 (Post 218234)
You do get a free secondary licence you could just use on the Desktop, and I believe Realm Works will sync your data when you login.

Pretty much this. Use your secondary license on your desktop this is better as if your laptop has enough changes to the hardware HL will see it as a different PC and will want to re-license itself.

Then in RW make sure you backup to the Cloud on the laptop before shutting down. Then simply download from the cloud on the desktop.

Sir.Nel October 27th, 2015 01:39 PM

Thank you for the great advice again you guys help me out. I got the second license from the website and it was pretty easy from there. Now to transfer over all the profiles and custom data work that I've done. Again thank you until next time

DeltaMasterMind October 28th, 2015 07:20 AM

I feel like chiming in here, if you use the second license you will need to reapply the update links and will still need to manually copy over .user files you have made or gathered on your own. For pathfinder under windows the user files reside in drive:\program data\herolab\data\pathfinder. I assume LW uses this area for many if not all data their programs use. I do only possess HL so I can't really comment on RW.
The first sentence applies to any alternative system you use for these programs.

Sir.Nel October 28th, 2015 12:31 PM

Coool thx :-)

LazarX November 3rd, 2015 02:49 PM

I put my Herolab working area on dropbox. Keeps things synced on all the devices I own.

Sir.Nel December 2nd, 2015 12:30 PM

What's up guys a little update on what happened like I told you guys. I sent my laptop to HP repair shop and they they broke my laptop destroyed and I don't know what you I cannot retrieve. I still have the hard drive I wasn't totally crazy. But my problem is they given me and you computer and already used a second license on the desktop. Can you guys help me out I won't get the new computer until until December 26, 2015.

AndrewD2 December 2nd, 2015 01:06 PM

Um, so I get they broke your laptop and you have the hard drive. But your whole post is really really hard to understand beyond that. What are you looking for?

Togainu December 2nd, 2015 01:11 PM

Sir Nel, I am trying to understand your post and try to clear things up slightly.

You had a laptop, that broke down on you with a license for Hero Lab on there. Which is currently with HP to be repaired. And they send you a temporary to use laptop for the time being? You want to use Hero Lab on this temporary laptop. But currently don't have a spare license. Seeing you are using the free second license on your desktop.

Assuming that my interpretation is correct you would need to contact Lonewolf for an early license reassignment for the license you were using on the laptop. When they responded to you. You should be able to activate Hero Lab on the temporary laptop.

Then when you obtain your own laptop back around the 26th of December you would need to do the same.

The other assumption I can make is that you are obtaining a new laptop on the 26th and are wondering if you can transfer the license if that is the case just file a early license reassignment for when you get the laptop. So the license is ready for use when you get the new laptop