Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Urgent Help Needed! (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=53328)

Polecat July 3rd, 2015 09:10 PM

Urgent Help Needed!

Hey Guys,
In about 3 hours the guys are coming over to game and when herolab did its latest update it asked I reactivate my license. Only I don't have my original license. I figured I would just do a recovery thing by putting in my e-mail or something, but so far no luck. The best I can find is them telling me to contact customer support and they say its going to be a few days before I get a reply.

Can anyone help me?

I am legit, I have the license. I just don't know what it is. No one is going to be able to print off their characters if I can't log into this damn thing.

AndrewD2 July 3rd, 2015 09:15 PM

you can try logging into the license server but that needs a license too

dafrca July 3rd, 2015 10:02 PM

And that is why I keep a small doc file with my license number in my HeroLab folder. I just know someday I will need it.

rob July 4th, 2015 12:11 AM

If you go to the "License" menu within Hero Lab, there is an option to "Send My Licenses To Me". You then enter your email address and you license number(s) are sent to you.

I'm not sure what more we can do to make this simpler or more discoverable. If you have suggestions, we're happy to listen.

Also, if you're being told to "Reactivate" your license, it typically (if not always) means that Hero Lab knows your existing license number already. So you probably just need to go to the "License" menu and select the "Reactivate Current License" option, for which the license number should be auto-populated for you.

Polecat July 6th, 2015 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 212102)
If you go to the "License" menu within Hero Lab, there is an option to "Send My Licenses To Me". You then enter your email address and you license number(s) are sent to you.

I'm not sure what more we can do to make this simpler or more discoverable. If you have suggestions, we're happy to listen.

Also, if you're being told to "Reactivate" your license, it typically (if not always) means that Hero Lab knows your existing license number already. So you probably just need to go to the "License" menu and select the "Reactivate Current License" option, for which the license number should be auto-populated for you.

I would advise adding a recover your license button somewhere in the registration screen in the builder or on the website. That is the "typical" way these things are handled. I ended up finding a way to recover it in the program, but I had to load it as a trial version then go through the menu, etc. Its just a little counter intuitive, thats all.