Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed. (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Warriors of Chaos bugs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=11033)

Voloch August 16th, 2010 11:45 AM

Warriors of Chaos bugs

Marauder Horsemen has 6+ armour save naked, not 5+

Voloch August 16th, 2010 01:07 PM

When taking Throgg, trolls do move to the Core unit tab, but when taking 4+ units the validator says "Too many of the same Special".

Rokin August 18th, 2010 05:40 PM

Mark of Tzeentch + hand weapon shield should have +6, +5* ward save.

Chaos Sorcerers can't take the Level 0 Death spell

-Rokin

sithkhan August 18th, 2010 11:46 PM

When choosing an Exalted Hero as the BSB, the WoC book states that any banner may be chosen for a cost of 25 points, regardless of the actual cost. Currently the AB charges the full point value.

Whoops! I did read that rule incorrectly! Thanks for pointing that out! :)

gilvagor August 19th, 2010 03:25 AM

Sithkhan that has to be a mistake in your book or your reading it incorrectly. Mine states that he can carry a Battle Standard for +25pts or carry a magic banner with no points limit but no magic items.

If your book sais that can I get a scan of it so i can use it :)

Gil,

Romulus68 August 19th, 2010 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voloch (Post 42890)
When taking Throgg, trolls do move to the Core unit tab, but when taking 4+ units the validator says "Too many of the same Special".

Notes for whomever is doing WoC right now.
Similar issue I had when updating the Empire Flagellants. I ended up creating two separate listings of Flagellants in the editor with one being Core and the other being rare. The Core Flagellants only appearing when a priest was selected.

I'm not a great programmer, so that was my work around. I was having issues getting them to be core, but not mess up the rare count. Hence, I just created a separate listing in core that only appears if Priests are selected.

GodlessM August 20th, 2010 03:16 AM

Book of Secrets makes the bearer a Level 1 Wizard which allows him access to Arcane Items. This isn't in the AB file.

Furthermore, Knights and Chariots come up with an armour save 1 greater than what they actualy have (i.e. they come up as 0+ and 2+ respectively instead of 1+ and 3+)

A final point is that Warriors of Chaos have not been given an exclusion for the War Banner cost. Any army with a cost in their army book use that cost as per the GW FAQ, yet in AB file they are paying 35pts instead of 25.

genx3000 August 22nd, 2010 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voloch (Post 42883)
Marauder Horsemen has 6+ armour save naked, not 5+

he is mounted on a warhorse that is why its 5+ not 6+

Mr_Rose August 22nd, 2010 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by genx3000 (Post 43244)
he is mounted on a warhorse that is why its 5+ not 6+

No armour + no barding on a horse is worth a 6+ save. You need either: barding; light armour; or a shield, to get to 5+.

AlAztech August 22nd, 2010 05:46 AM

Point Calculation for Additional Equipment

I'm not sure if this is a bug or I've been interpreting the rules incorrectly, but when I upgrade one model to a unit champion it subtracts the points for additional equipment. For example, if I add shields to 20 Chaos Marauders it calculates 20 points, but when I upgrade to a Marauder Chieftain, it subtracts 1 point. Is that correct?