Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

Sendric July 11th, 2020 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 289557)
Also, the coding for the binder's Binding ability (Tome of Magic, xBind) is still calculating wrong. Please change to:
Code:

var level as number
      var check as number
      var difficulty as number
      level = hero.childfound[xBind].field[Value].value
      check = level + #attrmod[aCHA]
      difficulty = round(level/2,0,-1)
      difficulty = difficulty + 10 + #attrmod[aCHA]

field[xSumm].text = "EBL = " & level & ", Binding Check 1d20 + " & check & ", Special DC = " & difficulty & "."

Thanks. I've already fixed this for the next release. I'm hoping to get that out later this month.

Illyahr July 11th, 2020 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 289581)
foreach loops are powerful, but also notoriously slow. As a modification, please try this:

Code:

~ Assign the appropriate tag to all weapons that meet the criteria
  foreach pick in hero where "WepFocus.? & (thingid.wBattleaxe | thingid.wWarhammer | thingid.wGreatclub)"
        perform each.delete[wCritMult.?]
    if (eachpick.tagis[thingid.wGreatclub] <> 0) then
        perform eachpick.assign[wCritMult.3]
    else
        perform eachpick.assign[wCritMult.4]
    endif
  nexteach

Unfortunately, it only works for the selected type of weapon. If you had two of them with weapon focus, only one would get the critical bonus.

Sendric July 11th, 2020 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 289585)
Unfortunately, it only works for the selected type of weapon. If you had two of them with weapon focus, only one would get the critical bonus.

Good point. Let's try this then:

Code:

foreach pick in hero where "WepFocus.? & (thingid.wBattleaxe | thingid.wWarhammer | thingid.wGreatclub)"
        perform eachpick.delete[wCritMult.?]
    endif
    if (eachpick.tagis[thingid.wBattleaxe] + eachpick.tagis[thingid.wWarhammer] <> 0) then
    endif
  nexteach

PS Just tested this. Seems to work.

Illyahr July 11th, 2020 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 289589)
Good point. Let's try this then:

Code:

endif
    if (eachpick.tagis[thingid.wBattleaxe] + eachpick.tagis[thingid.wWarhammer] <> 0) then
    endif
  nexteach

PS Just tested this. Seems to work.

This doesn't seem to restrict the modifier to the chosen weapon type. The ability only works for the weapon chosen from the dropdown.

Sendric July 11th, 2020 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 289594)
This doesn't seem to restrict the modifier to the chosen weapon type. The ability only works for the weapon chosen from the dropdown.

I must have glossed over some detail. I'll take another look when I get the chance

Sendric July 12th, 2020 04:20 AM

Sorry. I was so focused on the foreach loops I failed to notice only the chosen weapon would be affected even though you explicitly told me.

Code:

doneif (field[usrChosen1].ischosen = 0)

var wpn as string
var crit as string

wpn = field[usrChosen1].chosen.tagids[thingid.?]
if (field[usrChosen1].chosen.tagis[thingid.wGreatclub] <> 0) then
  crit = "wCritMult.3"
else
  crit = "wCritMult.4"
endif

foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where wpn
  perform eachpick.assignstr[crit]
nexteach

Provos July 17th, 2020 11:44 PM

Not a big deal but I noticed a typo in the explosive item description has a typo "teh" instead of "the" a few sentences in.

Sendric July 18th, 2020 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 289747)
Not a big deal but I noticed a typo in the explosive item description has a typo "teh" instead of "the" a few sentences in.

I have no idea what item you're referring to, but I went through the data files and fixed a bunch of "teh" spelling errors.

Provos July 18th, 2020 03:16 PM

Sorry let me clarifty. ipExplosiv had the typo in it. "though the wielder may be subject to teh extra damage"

Provos August 15th, 2020 01:02 AM

Hey, the +2 "skillful" weapon special ability from complete Arcane has the wrong cost of +3. It is spelled skillful in the book but skillfull in HeroLab It also seems to increase your BAB but doesn't seem to add the iterative attack. Am I misunderstanding that it changes you to a 3/4 BAB?

Sendric August 15th, 2020 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 290341)
Hey, the +2 "skillful" weapon special ability from complete Arcane has the wrong cost of +3. It is spelled skillful in the book but skillfull in HeroLab It also seems to increase your BAB but doesn't seem to add the iterative attack. Am I misunderstanding that it changes you to a 3/4 BAB?

Thanks. The price is an easy fix. The rest might take me a little more time. I'll look into it.

Provos August 16th, 2020 04:48 PM

Horseshoes of Speed don't have an eval script to change anything. I used the speed eval script from haste to make it work. Now my hoofed creatures have the right speed displayed.

Code:

~ Add a +30 or our speed enhancement bunus, whichever is lower
      if (hero.child[Speed].field[tSpeed].value >= 30) then
      hero.child[Speed].field[BonEnhance].value = maximum(hero.child[Speed].field[BonEnhance].value, 30)
      elseif (hero.child[Speed].field[tSpeed].value < 30) then
      var bonus as number
      bonus = hero.child[Speed].field[tSpeed].value
        hero.child[Speed].field[BonEnhance].value = maximum(hero.child[Speed].field[BonEnhance].value, bonus)
    endif

Gotrek August 19th, 2020 11:27 AM

In 3.5 - Complete Mage.user, kKnowArcan is in rules instead of kKnowPlane (1 rank in Knowledge - the Planes is required, not Arcane)

Dami August 19th, 2020 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotrek (Post 290408)
In 3.5 - Complete Mage.user, kKnowArcan is in rules instead of kKnowPlane (1 rank in Knowledge - the Planes is required, not Arcane)

More info? What prestige class, or feat is this with the wrong requirement?

Gotrek August 19th, 2020 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 290423)
More info? What prestige class, or feat is this with the wrong requirement?

You are right, I deleted the part between commas for error.
In 3.5 - Complete Mage.user, for the Druid Variant "Elemental Companion", kKnowArcan is in rules instead of kKnowPlane (1 rank in Knowledge - the Planes is required, not Arcane as written there).

Sorry!

Sendric August 20th, 2020 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 290371)
Horseshoes of Speed don't have an eval script to change anything. I used the speed eval script from haste to make it work. Now my hoofed creatures have the right speed displayed.

Thanks. Added for next release.

Sendric August 20th, 2020 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotrek (Post 290424)
You are right, I deleted the part between commas for error.
In 3.5 - Complete Mage.user, for the Druid Variant "Elemental Companion", kKnowArcan is in rules instead of kKnowPlane (1 rank in Knowledge - the Planes is required, not Arcane as written there).

Sorry!

Thanks for the report. I'm not sure why either of those was in rules anyway. Seems weird. This issue is fixed for the next release.

Provos August 29th, 2020 01:54 PM

Another issue with the Elemental Companion Druid Variant is even with the rules fixed you still don't get an elemental added like you would with your animal companion. I am talking about the added character sheet. All the elementals are in herolab they just are not set to animal companion checkbox not sure how that would be done for this variant.

Dark_Soul August 30th, 2020 04:59 PM

Someone asked about Splitting a couple pages back. It's in the community set, because I put it in when I added the Justice of Weald and Woe prestige class from the same book.

That being said, what I didn't do was set it to have its correct cost. Sendric, when you get a chance can you make it a +3 equivalent enchantment?

Sendric August 31st, 2020 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 290564)
Another issue with the Elemental Companion Druid Variant is even with the rules fixed you still don't get an elemental added like you would with your animal companion. I am talking about the added character sheet. All the elementals are in herolab they just are not set to animal companion checkbox not sure how that would be done for this variant.

I'm not sure it's as simple as checking them off as Animal Companions. It's something I've been meaning to dive into along with other kinds of companions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Soul (Post 290579)
Someone asked about Splitting a couple pages back. It's in the community set, because I put it in when I added the Justice of Weald and Woe prestige class from the same book.

That being said, what I didn't do was set it to have its correct cost. Sendric, when you get a chance can you make it a +3 equivalent enchantment?

Done. Thanks.

Dark_Soul September 7th, 2020 05:28 PM

Does anyone know why I have a "Dragonborn, Sword Scale" race, supposedly from Races of the Dragon? It's not in that book in the community set, and it doesn't look like a standard 3e race because it's got a -1 penalty to an ability score.

EDIT: Uninstalled and reinstalled the community set and stock portfolios and it seems to be gone.

Sendric September 8th, 2020 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Soul (Post 290710)
Does anyone know why I have a "Dragonborn, Sword Scale" race, supposedly from Races of the Dragon? It's not in that book in the community set, and it doesn't look like a standard 3e race because it's got a -1 penalty to an ability score.

EDIT: Uninstalled and reinstalled the community set and stock portfolios and it seems to be gone.

The only thing that would make sense to me here is if one of your files was modified to add this race at some point since the last time you updated. The stock portfolios would have anything to do with it as far as I know.

One useful tool I like to use to locate things is Windows Grep. Might be worth checking out for situations like this.

Spyderbane September 8th, 2020 10:08 AM

Obtain Familiar is throwing an error.

Attempt to access field 'hIsOn1' that does not exist for thing 'cArcFamil'. Location: 'eval' script for Think 'fShadBlade' (Eval Script '#1') near line 10

Provos September 8th, 2020 10:14 AM

I see "Dragonborn, Sword Scale" as being sourced to Races of the Dragon in the editor. +2 STR and -1 Wisdom but the 3.5 Races of the Dragon.user file does not contain that race. I am not sure where the actual data for that race is located.

Sendric September 8th, 2020 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 290735)
I see "Dragonborn, Sword Scale" as being sourced to Races of the Dragon in the editor. +2 STR and -1 Wisdom but the 3.5 Races of the Dragon.user file does not contain that race. I am not sure where the actual data for that race is located.

Oh, I know where it came from. There's a file named "HomeMade.user" that snuck into a release a while back. I haven't been including it since, but I also can't zero it out (which would force delete the file) since I'm sure someone is using it. That's my fault on that. It's a relatively harmless file, though, so keep it if you want it, delete it if you don't.

Sendric September 8th, 2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyderbane (Post 290734)

Attempt to access field 'hIsOn1' that does not exist for thing 'cArcFamil'. Location: 'eval' script for Think 'fShadBlade' (Eval Script '#1') near line 10

That doesn't make any sense. Can you provide a portfolio that shows this error?

Sendric September 8th, 2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyderbane (Post 290734)

That doesn't make any sense. Can you provide a portfolio that shows this error?

Update #1: NVM. I see the error.

Update #2: The error is in the Shadow Blade feat. I'll fix it for the next release. (for now, you can change the first line of code in the script to: "foreach pick in hero from BaseCustSp where "SpecSource.ShaHnd & !Helper.Secondary"")

Trion October 12th, 2020 01:52 AM

***PLEASE DELETE THIS MESSAGE***
***I meant to post in another thread***
***This was NOT a bug report***
***PLEASE DELETE THIS MESSAGE***

Dark_Soul October 31st, 2020 04:22 AM

I don't know if the errata has been applied to anything else in the Dragon Compendium file, but I was looking at the Dead Eye feat just now, and it hadn't. Base Attack Bonus prerequisite should be +1, not +14.

https://paizo.com/download/dragon/co...umeIErrata.pdf

Provos December 24th, 2020 09:00 PM

Dark Sun - Athas.org Elf, Athasian typo in decription field Natural resistance to extreme temperature natural has two n's.

Illyahr December 27th, 2020 11:06 AM

Kundala (BoEF) has its spell progression skewed by one spell level. Matrix shows 0-3 instead of 1-4

Bloodwolf December 30th, 2020 02:00 PM

I had not run my laptop with HL on it for a while and today when I started it up it needed an update. Ran the update and restarted the laptop and now it will not retrieve updates for HL. Not sure how to fix this.

Dami December 31st, 2020 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodwolf (Post 292595)
I had not run my laptop with HL on it for a while and today when I started it up it needed an update. Ran the update and restarted the laptop and now it will not retrieve updates for HL. Not sure how to fix this.

You would be better off posting in the Hero Lab Discussion forum, or perhaps simply sending an email to support.
In any case, was the update for HL? When you restarted HL did you get any error messages?

Sendric December 31st, 2020 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodwolf (Post 292595)

Make sure your settings for secondary updates are set correctly.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=11584

Illyahr January 3rd, 2021 05:12 PM

The Shadowcaster (for some reason) is giving extra mysteries known with high Charisma when the Mouseferatu update is active. I don't know why this is as it isn't mentioned in the update. The extra uses per day is already attached to the mysteries themselves

Sendric January 5th, 2021 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 292542)
Kundala (BoEF) has its spell progression skewed by one spell level. Matrix shows 0-3 instead of 1-4

It looks right to me based on what I can find online. I don't have the book, though.

Still Crazy January 5th, 2021 09:37 AM

Hello all!
Was the Tibbit (catwere) race from Dragon Compendium (pg. 21) ever added? Or am I looking in the wrong place/ lacking an update/ etcetra?

Provos January 5th, 2021 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 292542)

Checked the matrix and it matches what is in the book.

Illyahr January 7th, 2021 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 292852)
Checked the matrix and it matches what is in the book.

The kundala has access to spell levels 1-4. The matrix has it set up for 0-3. That first column is 0, not 1.

Provos January 7th, 2021 04:46 PM

The matrix in hero lab starts at 0 for level 1 and ends at 19 for level 20. It is confusing but how all the classes seem to work.