Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Mutants & Masterminds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   M&M 3rd first bug found.. (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=10943)

dartnet August 3rd, 2010 05:54 AM

M&M 3rd first bug found..

According to the DC adventures PDf, multiple Vehicles and HQ's are built as arrays where the most expensive one costs the full equipment point cost and all others cost one equipment point.

From page 151 of DC Adventures:
"ALTERNATE VEHICLES
Just like Alternate Equipment, characters may have multiple
vehicles. These are generally Alternate Equipment
by definition, since it’s difficult to drive or pilot more than
one vehicle at a time! So the character pays the full cost for
the most expensive vehicle, and then 1 equipment point
for each additional vehicle with the same or lesser cost.
The classic DC Adventures example is Batman: he pays full
equipment point cost for the Batplane (the most expensive
of his vehicles) and just 1 equipment point for the
Batmobile and Batboat. Batman’s player can even spend
a hero point to pull out the bat-sub, bat-copter, bat-auto-
gyro, or whatever other vehicle might be suitable for the
current situation."

And pages 161 and 162:
"ALTERNATE HEADQUARTERS
In the event that a character has more than one headquarters,
such as hidden bases scattered around the world, the
others are treated as Alternate Equipment: the character
pays the points for the most expensive HQ, then 1 equipment
point for each additional HQ of the same or lesser
cost. The extra headquarters are largely a convenience (for heroes visiting other areas) and insurance against the loss
of any one HQ.
The only exception to the Alternate Headquarters guideline
is a shared headquarters (previously), the characters sharing
the HQ all contribute to its cost and pay for any personal
headquarters separately. So Batman pays full equipment
points for both the Batcave and his contribution to the Justice
League Watchtower, and Superman does the same for
the Watchtower and the Fortress of Solitude."

Other than that it looks great.

dartnet August 3rd, 2010 06:39 AM

Also the Advantage Favored Opponent needs to be done so that one can wright in the Opponent that the Advantage apples to.

FifthWanderer August 3rd, 2010 06:41 AM

Something is odd in Presence skills. In the table, the Presence bonus is not displaying correctly.

Edit: Never mind, I was looking at it wrong.

fillerbunny_x1 August 3rd, 2010 12:29 PM

Movement -Environmental Adaption shows text stating Choose Environment instead of allowing text to be entered

Flight is showing Levitation as an available flaw twice, one with 2e text in the description.

Adding the alarm feature seems to have the side effect of bumping up Flight by 1 point on vehicles

fillerbunny_x1 August 3rd, 2010 01:03 PM

When trying to build Devices with Alternate Effect devices, the cost for being removable is being factored into the base cost of the device (i.e.- an Easily Removable 8 point device is only allowing an Alternate Effect to be built with 4 points, not 6 (or 8) that is then reduced to 4 by Easily Removable)

fillerbunny_x1 August 3rd, 2010 04:17 PM

Adding Reach to a damage effect (like a whip) is causing it to default from Fighting to Dexterity. I believe this is an error, based on the Extra's use with melee weapons

Jason_Sunday August 5th, 2010 08:07 AM

I created a power using Linked Effects (a Close Damage and Close Mental Blast power) and named it "FireBlade". Then tried to select the FireBlade for my Improved Critical choice. Hero Lab would only let me select from the effects of that power (Damage and Mental Blast). Per Linked p 130 Linked effects act as one power and use the same attack roll.

Jason_Sunday August 5th, 2010 08:09 AM

Immunity Damage Effects will not let you choose or write in a damage effect. There is no type box or drop box.

Jason_Sunday August 5th, 2010 08:17 AM

When choosing two Ultimate Efforts (this may do this with other type box Advantages too) in a row, then trying to type in one of the boxes, the curser moves to which ever box is currently 1st in alphabetical order. Example: Ultimate Efforts is at 1st labeled "Ultimate Efforts: Choose Action". In the box I start to write Ultimate Aim, when I type the "U" the box I am in drops down one the bottom box moves up and begins typing in the second box and I get Ultimate Efforts: ltimateChoose Action"

Jason_Sunday August 5th, 2010 09:36 AM

I have a Ranged Damage 3 Strength based (Str 2) power. I am unable to buy the range up to 5.