Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Online Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Roll for Combat Battle Zoo (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=66205)

Triton August 10th, 2021 01:03 PM

Roll for Combat Battle Zoo

Does Lone Wolf Development have any plans to support the Battle Zoo products being released by Roll for Combat? I believe that the first book, "Battle Zoo Bestiary", is being released August 31.

H2Os August 28th, 2021 02:00 PM

It's not being released August 31st. It's kickstarter begins the 31st. With that said, perhaps we should ask Glicker if there's any chance of having this content available for Herolab.

Dami August 28th, 2021 05:08 PM

LW rarely has time to do work for 3rd party products. They are having enough trouble keeping up with Paizo releases.
With 3rd party releases, you are always best asking the company releasing the product if THEY will produce HL files. Also, given the current situation (no HLO editor), it could only be for HLC, so (since this is PF2) it almost can't happen.

H2Os August 29th, 2021 12:35 PM

I asked in the Reddit ama for battle zoo and Glicker said he talked to Lone Wolf but they more than likely wouldn't have time.

Farling August 30th, 2021 01:53 PM

If it was based on PF1 then maybe someone would develop it for Classic HL.

Parody August 30th, 2021 04:46 PM

They're PF2 and D&D5.

MarcelGM August 31st, 2021 08:28 AM

Been following this a well and asked them if they reached out for HLO support. It seems highly unlikely it will make it into HLO

WatersLethe September 10th, 2021 07:34 AM

I hope Lone Wolf knows that failing to support this is going to be the death knell of my subscription. I've already had to abandon Hero Lab for Starfinder because I still can't make a Spell Sergeant. Pathfinder 2e is hanging on by a thread with hacky workarounds, but an ancestry as complex as the full dragon ancestry... workarounds aren't going to cut it.

marroon69 September 10th, 2021 07:46 AM

This is a good example on why Lone Wolf needs to allow for external content to be provided. They can focus on the system and their partners but allow smaller groups to provide content to fill the gaps. They need to move to a market place concept

I understand they cannot support everything but opening up the platform will allow it to grow. It worked well for HLC...personally this feature is way more important then all the time they spent in the "Campaign" stuff.

Not saying the "Campaign" stuff is bad just not as important as allow outside contributions personally.

Thrawn82 September 14th, 2021 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marroon69 (Post 296631)
This is a good example on why Lone Wolf needs to allow for external content to be provided. They can focus on the system and their partners but allow smaller groups to provide content to fill the gaps. They need to move to a market place concept

I understand they cannot support everything but opening up the platform will allow it to grow. It worked well for HLC...personally this feature is way more important then all the time they spent in the "Campaign" stuff.

Not saying the "Campaign" stuff is bad just not as important as allow outside contributions personally.

Allowing outside folks to add stuff would be nice... but honestly i wouldn't want it in place of any improvement on campaign theater, both for my own sake and for the company. the campaign theater is the only thing that makes this product superior to Pathbuilder.