Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   D&D 5e Community Pack (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55090)

daplunk February 21st, 2016 06:07 PM

There's alot more than me to thank! This was a community effort with at least 10 people helping.

So a HUGE thanks to everyone who participated.

Leaving it up to them to make themselves known however ;)

Krimson February 21st, 2016 09:31 PM

This is fantastic. Exactly what I needed to make the purchase of the 5e datafile worth it to me. Thanks to everyone who made this possible.

dafrca February 21st, 2016 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 224638)
There's alot more than me to thank! This was a community effort with at least 10 people helping.

Well a "Thank You" to the Mystery Nine along with the thanks to you daplunk. :D

MardukBathory February 22nd, 2016 02:02 AM

DaPlunk, I think I love you.

Starchildren3317 February 22nd, 2016 03:51 PM

Worked like a charm! DaPlunk and the rest of the community who worked so hard on this...THANK YOU!!!!

liz February 22nd, 2016 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 224638)

Tell your GMs next game that Liz from Lone Wolf thinks you deserve an inspiration point, or 2, or 3, or 100. :)

daplunk February 23rd, 2016 09:35 PM

New Release Available

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The names of some 'things' had to be changed in this release. Simply re-add the 'thing' back in using the character editor.

v1.1 February 24, 2016

New Features
  • The Book of Lost Spells 5e - 706 new spells
  • The (Not Really) Complete Tome of Spells - 470 new spells (Only A-C currently assigned to classes)
Enhancements and Changes
  • Source files updated to ensure clarity between Official and 3rd Party source material
  • DEITIES - Deities from SCAG. The Drow Pantheon (Eelistraee, Kiaransalee, Lolth, Selvetarm, Vhaeraun)
  • BACKGROUNDS(SCAG) - 13 new backgrounds added
  • CLASS OPTION - Human Variant - This has been made Obsolete. Replaced with in official HL release.
Bug Fixes
  • FEAT(Elemental Adept) - Fire add as options
  • FEAT(Spell Sniper) - Pre-req now recognizes Warlock spells
  • BACKGROUNDS(Tool Proficiency Display Issue) - Tool proficiency's that are hard coded will now be visible to the player. This is a temp work-around as this is not currently displayed by default.
  • BACKGROUND(Charlatan) - Missing tool proficiency added
  • BACKGROUND(Spy) - Equipment added, tools corrected, proficiency corrected
  • BACKGROUND(Naming Conventions) - Some naming conventions were incorrect and had to be fixed. This will impact the following: bBMilitiaA updated to b5CMilitia | btSdIndepe updated to bt5CSdInde | btBDefuse updated to bt5CDefus
  • CLASS(Naming Conventions) - Some naming conventions were incorrect and had to be fixed. This will impact the following: cClrTempes updated to c5CClrTemp
  • CLASS(Wizard Schools) - Will not appear if the Community Pack is not selected.
  • SPELLS(Duplication) - Many duplicate spells removed. There are a few variant spells of the same name, have added the source book abbreviation in brackets after those spell names to assist in differentiation.

MNBlockHead February 23rd, 2016 11:27 PM

Even though the subrace section no longer appears, I'm still getting a validation error that I need to select a subrace. This is with a character created before the update. Other than this validation error, everything is as I want it. Can I ignore a validation error and make it go away?

daplunk February 24th, 2016 12:05 AM

I can fix that next release. It's because the old Human Variant is still actually there just marked as Obsolete which is triggering the validation error.

You can ignore it or...

Open the Editor > Open COM_5ePack_PHB - Races.user > Delete the following:
Races > Subrace > Obsolete - Human Variant - Obsolete
Save the changes and restart Hero Labs.

I'll get this fixed next release.

TheBullDog February 24th, 2016 01:34 AM

I presume not everything from Sword Coast is implemented yet, or did Warlock: Other Worldly Patron: The Undying get missed?

Also curious about when DMG material such as Death Domain and Oath Breaker might be planned?

Mergon February 24th, 2016 10:42 PM

daplunk:

Is there any plans to add material from the DMG?

Specifically the Eldarin, the Aasimar, and the Death domain off the top of my head.

daplunk February 25th, 2016 12:13 AM

Raise requests in the Github and it will be added to the ToDo list.

Even better, create the things in a custom.user file and submit it via GitHub and Ill add it in.

I'm back at work now with a 4 week old also so expect my personal output to start to slow down. :(

dafrca February 25th, 2016 09:55 PM

Oh my, the fun of a new born. I remember those days. Enjoy it while you can. The years fly by so fast with kids. Trust me. :-)

Gord February 28th, 2016 08:38 AM

Thanks to everybody who worked on this and is still working on it. After fighting with the download, I clued into the fact that I shouldn't be using the URL in the Setup guide (since it was for Pathfinder) and should instead use the one that was clearly posted. It's a good thing that game store owners don't ever really need to read instructions to stay in business for a long time.

ShadowChemosh February 28th, 2016 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gord (Post 225118)
Thanks to everybody who worked on this and is still working on it. After fighting with the download, I clued into the fact that I shouldn't be using the URL in the Setup guide (since it was for Pathfinder) and should instead use the one that was clearly posted. It's a good thing that game store owners don't ever really need to read instructions to stay in business for a long time.

Yeah... Didn't have time to update that document to 5e yet. Its on the to-do list. :)

Update: I updated the document to cover Pathfinder, d20 and 5e now. Including giving all three URL's in the pdf. Sorry about that...

Vilhjalmr March 2nd, 2016 02:53 PM

I just realized Chromatic Orb wasn't available... Oversight or intentional? I apologize if I missed something somewhere. :)

daplunk March 2nd, 2016 03:05 PM

Will be restored in 1.2 which is coming within the next 24 hours. It's there just incorrectly marked as hidden.

If you want to see the changes early you can see them HERE.

Vilhjalmr March 2nd, 2016 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 225364)
Will be restored in 1.2 which is coming within the next 24 hours. It's there just incorrectly marked as hidden.

If you want to see the changes early you can see them HERE.

Excellent. Thanks again once more to everyone involved in this - literally a DMs dream come true. :D

daplunk March 2nd, 2016 06:51 PM

NEW RELEASE AVAILABLE - v1.2 March 2, 2016

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: With the new release comes risk that previous characters will generate errors when loaded. If this happens simply re-add the broken element to your character.

New Features
  • DUNGEON MASTERS GUIDE (Race) - Eladrin added
  • DUNGEON MASTERS GUIDE (Race) - Aasimar added
  • MONSTER MANUAL - 128 Monsters added. Currently heavy Work In Progress (Monsters listed are complete): Beholder; Death Tyrant; Spectator; Needle Blight; Twig Blight; Vine Blight; Pixie; Hook Horror; Kenku; Quaggoth; Myconid Sprout; Myconid Adult; Myconid;Sovereign and Piercer (some bugs needs LW).
  • TOOL (Gaming Sets) Added Dragonchess Set & Three-Dragon Ante
  • DEITIES (SCAG) - Added all deities Pantheons from SCAG : Dwarven, Elven, Orc, Halfling and Gnome Pantheon
  • RACE (DMG) - Added Aasimar race and Eladrin subrace.
  • SPELLS - The (Not Really) Complete Tome of Spells - 470 new spells (all assigned to classes)
  • HELPER - Added functionality to make any weapon/ammmo 'Silvered' or magic and Silvered.
  • ADJUSTMENT - Added "Equipment, Notes" that allows you to append up to 100 characters to a selected piece of gear description text.

Enhancements and Changes
  • BACKGROUNDS (PHB) Changed background special abilities Uniqueness flag to 'No' enabling the special abilities to display on the Backgrounds tab as well as the Specials tab.
  • RACE (Tiefling) The official Tiefling was unable to link to learn Hellish Rebuke as part of Infernal Legacy as the spell was not included in the SRD. We have therefore created a community copy of Tiefling and linked the spell correctly. Users who have made Tiefling characters previously may need to update their characters to use the new Tiefling 'thing' within Hero Labs. This can be done by simply "re-selecting" the Tiefling race on the "Race" tab after opening up your character.
  • The (Not Really) Complete Tome of Spells - 470 new spells all assigned to classes.

Bug Fixes
  • BACKGROUNDS (ab5CPosPri, ab5CRetain, ab5CBadRep) These special abilities were created as Background Custom Abilities instead of General Abilities. Changed these in line with everything else which fixed their display issue.
  • BACKGROUNDS (Clan Crafter) Fixed Tool Proficiency selection.
  • BACKGROUNDS (Far Traveller) Why Are You Here options updated. Duplicate entries for '5' resolved.
  • BACKGROUNDS (Inheritor) Fixed Tool Prof pick.
  • BACKGROUNDS (Inheritor) Fixed Inheritance pick.
  • BACKGROUNDS (Hermit) Fixed Pilgrim roll value to 8.
  • BACKGROUNDS (SCAG) Correctly assigned Ideals, Bonds, Flaws.
  • BACKGROUNDS (SCAG) Far Traveller roll corrected
  • CLASS (Rogue) - Fixed Arcane Trickster to only allow selection of 2 cantrips instead of 3.
  • FEAT (Spell Sniper) - Modified text on Cantrip selection to set pick to 1 cantrip.
  • FEAT (Medium Armor Master) - Corrected pre-requisite check to correctly check for Medium Armor Proficiency.
  • FEAT (War Caster) - Now correctly recognizing the Warlock class in the pre-requisite check.
  • RACE (Obsolete Human Variant) - The original community Human Variant was made obsolete on 24/02/16 with the release of an official Human Variant. ra5CHumVar was made Obsolete but this caused validation errors as the Human still thought a sub-race had to be picked. Have therefore removed 'ra5CHumVar' resolving the validation error.
  • SPELL (Chromatic Orb) - Removed this from *Hidden, now available to characters again.
  • DEITIES (Drow Pantheon) - Things ID of drow deities were changed to follow naming convention.

MNBlockHead March 2nd, 2016 07:54 PM

Daplunk, you are my hero.

PinkRose March 2nd, 2016 09:21 PM

Having an issue installing.
Races seem to be borked.
COM_5ePack_DMG-Races.user
line 3
line 11
line 19
line 35
line 45
Thing duplicate record encountered

So I can't load anything besides the SRD

ShadowChemosh March 2nd, 2016 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkRose (Post 225381)
Having an issue installing.
Races seem to be borked.
COM_5ePack_DMG-Races.user
line 3
line 11
line 19
line 35
line 45
Thing duplicate record encountered

So I can't load anything besides the SRD

When you get an error message you can RIGHT click on the window and copy the full error message and then paste it here. That will let us debug better.

As your have access to BETA software that you pulled down from GitHub you will/can run into this issue. You pulled down a file that has sense been renamed "COM_5ePack_DMG-Races.user".

My advice would be to go into your data\herolab\5e folder and delete "COM_5ePack_DMG - All.user" (old file name). You should be good.

If not good go into that folder again and delete ALL files that start with COM_*.*. Then re-download and install the v1.2 Community Pack.

daplunk March 2nd, 2016 09:33 PM

Try delete / move all the *.user files from: C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\5e and reload the Community Pack.

I had the same error but you and I are both working with different files to everyone else. I think this was due to a file-name change on the DMG stuff during the creation stage.

Once you do that it works fine.

dafrca March 2nd, 2016 10:25 PM

Thank You Community Pack Team :-)

solomani March 3rd, 2016 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 224561)
To make sure it loaded go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates". If installed and you restarted you most likely didn't turn on the new Source Options.

Open HL 5e game up and on the "Configure Your Hero" window make sure that you have checked marked "5e Players Handbook".
Attachment 4427

I added the source, restarted but I am not seeing the community pack. I am using the OSX version. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

MagicSN March 3rd, 2016 07:31 AM

Hi!

While I am currently staying with my own implementation of the 5e Datafiles (they are more complete than the offical ones, I cannot change the character sheet with the official one which is a "must have" for me personally, and it would be a lot of work to convert all my houserule-stuff) there is SOME stuff I might be able to contribute:

- I have must of the stuff from the "Primeval Thule" campaign setting implemented. Assuming the authors do not mind (I could ask them) I could share this and it could be converted to the format of the official datafiles?
- I have most of the "Arcana" articles new stuff converted (though I guess this again is not covered by the SRD, so a "no go"???)

MagicSN

ShadowChemosh March 3rd, 2016 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solomani (Post 225397)
I added the source, restarted but I am not seeing the community pack. I am using the OSX version. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Adding source I assume you mean you added the URL. Did you download and install the pack after doing that?

The first post HERE in this thread has a PDF with a detailed install guide. Did you do all those steps? Do you see the pack installed when you go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates"?

ShadowChemosh March 3rd, 2016 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicSN (Post 225409)
- I have must of the stuff from the "Primeval Thule" campaign setting implemented. Assuming the authors do not mind (I could ask them) I could share this and it could be converted to the format of the official datafiles?
- I have most of the "Arcana" articles new stuff converted (though I guess this again is not covered by the SRD, so a "no go"???)

MagicSN

You can't copyright the mechanics so only part that can't be shared is the "fluff" descriptions.

The bigger issue is unless you based your authoring kit logic off of Pathfinder all the base components are going to be different. Tags, fields, everything will be different. Trying to convert from your game system to 5e would be most likely more work than starting from scratch.

Even in systems like Pathfinder that came from d20 you can't just move a d20 .user file to Pathfinder or a Pathfinder to d20.

So comes down to how close is your game system to Pathfinder?

cryptoknight March 3rd, 2016 12:39 PM

It's not... I believe he actually based it on the 4e data files and structure/the system creation kit license.

ShadowChemosh March 3rd, 2016 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryptoknight (Post 225430)
It's not... I believe he actually based it on the 4e data files and structure/the system creation kit license.

That is what I assumed from reading posts in the past. In that case with all the required changes it maybe harder than its worth.... :( :(

Lord Gorchnik March 3rd, 2016 06:11 PM

First of all thanks for the fantastic work with this community pack. Unfortunately I seem to be having some issues with choosing my background. I downloaded and installed according to your PDF instructions in the 1st post. However, no matter what character race/class combo I make, I still only have the option to choose Acolyte in the background section.

http://i.imgur.com/rkfY0bE.png

daplunk March 3rd, 2016 06:26 PM

To make sure it loaded go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates". If installed and you restarted you most likely didn't turn on the new Source Options.

Open HL 5e game up and on the "Configure Your Hero" window make sure that you have checked marked "5e Players Handbook".

http://forums.wolflair.com/attachmen...7&d=1456030681

Lord Gorchnik March 3rd, 2016 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 225468)
Helpful post

Glorious. Thanks for your assistance.

MagicSN March 3rd, 2016 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 225424)
You can't copyright the mechanics so only part that can't be shared is the "fluff" descriptions.

The bigger issue is unless you based your authoring kit logic off of Pathfinder all the base components are going to be different. Tags, fields, everything will be different. Trying to convert from your game system to 5e would be most likely more work than starting from scratch.

Even in systems like Pathfinder that came from d20 you can't just move a d20 .user file to Pathfinder or a Pathfinder to d20.

So comes down to how close is your game system to Pathfinder?

As the pathfinder dataset does not include
Full datfiles I went with Authoring kit
Instead, I wanted full control of what I can
Do wirh the code (and for some features
as the charsheet I needed that).

Well, assuming the Thule people do not
Object to full text at least there you could
Profit all else I fear the implementation will
Be often very different.

Best regards,
Steffen

solomani March 4th, 2016 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 225423)
Adding source I assume you mean you added the URL. Did you download and install the pack after doing that?

The first post HERE in this thread has a PDF with a detailed install guide. Did you do all those steps? Do you see the pack installed when you go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates"?

Yes I did - added the new update source :
http://i.imgur.com/nhNauS1.png

Restarted but I don't see any 5e community options :
http://i.imgur.com/CfAxvCm.png

thecosmicgoose March 4th, 2016 04:01 AM

this totally rocks my socks. just made the 20 bucks i spent to buy the SRD package worth it. deepest and most sincere thanks to those working on this.

Mathias March 4th, 2016 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solomani (Post 225484)
Yes I did - added the new update source

They list an http:// in those instructions that's not in the URL you've entered.

Gord March 4th, 2016 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 225128)
Yeah... Didn't have time to update that document to 5e yet. Its on the to-do list. :)

Update: I updated the document to cover Pathfinder, d20 and 5e now. Including giving all three URL's in the pdf. Sorry about that...

Not sure why you are apologizing for my mistake in not reading properly. Perhaps you have some Canadian blood in you. ;)

Mergon March 4th, 2016 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solomani (Post 225484)
Yes I did - added the new update source :
http://i.imgur.com/nhNauS1.png

Restarted but I don't see any 5e community options :
http://i.imgur.com/CfAxvCm.png

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't D&D 5e Community Pack (v1.2) what you are looking for???

ShadowChemosh March 4th, 2016 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gord (Post 225499)
Not sure why you are apologizing for my mistake in not reading properly. Perhaps you have some Canadian blood in you. ;)

Because the document that use to be pointed to referenced only Pathfinder and a Pathfinder update URL. I have sense changed it to reference d20, Pathfinder, and 5e now.

I was sorry that the document was "out" of date and causing some confusion... :)

Hey be happy you got me on a nice day. Most days I am ready to tear someone's head off! :eek: