Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Making Incense, but not sure how to get the effects (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=67286)

Jobe00 July 29th, 2022 11:03 PM

Making Incense, but not sure how to get the effects

A friend running a PF1 campaign gave the party three blocks of incense that once you meditate for 8 hours and prepare spells or regain your spell slots, you gain a +2 alchemical bonus to Int and gain +1 caster level for 24 hours.

I know this is an activation, but how do I do the eval script to get the bonus when active?

ploturo July 30th, 2022 07:44 PM

Code:

if (field[abilActive].value <> 0) then

~ do stuff...

endif

Jobe00 August 2nd, 2022 04:17 PM

How would I make it a +2 Alchemical Bonus to a selected casting attribute (Int, Wis, Cha) and the +1 Caster Level bonus?

I figure something like an Alchemist's Mutagen, but I'm not sure what to copy and paste for it which is how I do most things because I go too long working on HLC datafiles that I basically have to relearn everything.

ploturo August 3rd, 2022 01:53 PM

Does the hero need to choose a specific class affected by the incense that determines which caster level and spellcasting attribute are boosted, or does the hero gain +1 CL to all spell casting classes and just choose an attribute?

Jobe00 August 5th, 2022 01:02 PM

The +1 CL is to all casting classes. They would choose their casting attribute if single class or one casting attribute if they have more than one spellcasting class.

ploturo August 5th, 2022 03:52 PM

The orange prism ioun stone has script to add +1 to all CLs, and the magenta prism ioun stone from Seeker of Secrets has conditional code for increasing a user-selected ability score (although I ended up using the #applybonus macro instead).

In addition to the script, you'll need to add some stuff in the "Item Selection" section of the details in the editor.

You'll want to check the "Show selection options on the in-play tab" box, and add "component.BaseAttr & AttribCat.Mental" to the Custom Expression text box.
The component.BaseAttr part limits it to ability scores, and the AttribCat.Mental limits it to Int/Wis/Cha.

I also added a few extra lines of script to hide the mental attribute menu when the incense isn't active, since it only needs to be there when it is being used.

Code:

if (field[abilActive].value <> 0) then

~ add +1 to caster level of all spell casting classes
    foreach pick in hero from Spellcast where "CasterType.?"
        eachpick.field[cCasterLev].value += 1
    nexteach

~ add +2 alchemical bonus to selected ability score
    if (field[usrChosen1].ischosen <> 0) then
      #applybonus[BonAlch, field[usrChosen1].chosen, 2]
    endif

else

~ hide the attribute selection menu when the incense isn't active
    field[usrCandid1].text = ""

endif

Jobe00 August 8th, 2022 06:10 PM

Thank you. You are awesome.

Now to figure out how much this costs.
Orange Prism Ioun Stone is 30K, so half that as it's not a permanent equipped item.
The +2 Alchemical Bonus to an attribute would be 4000.
So 15,000+6000 is 21,000.
As a 1 use item for a day, it would be a divisor of 5.
So final cost for one block of this incense would be 4200 gp.
That seems a little high though.

Jobe00 August 8th, 2022 08:42 PM

I put in the Eval Script as you posted. Copy/paste. I went Pre-levels and Priority 5000.
I checked "Show selection options on the in-play tab."
I added the Custom Expression. Copy/paste.
I checked "Show in Activated Abilities list."
I gave Activation Name as "Inhaled."

It isn't showing up on the In-Play tab.
So what did I do wrong?

ploturo August 8th, 2022 09:16 PM

Is the "Can be Equipped" box checked in the "Equipping" section of the details?

If it is, that item will only show up on the in-play tab if the box to equip it is checked in the list of magic items.

Jobe00 August 9th, 2022 06:48 PM

Derp. That did it.
Once more, you are awesome.

Is there a way to remove the free spell in a spellbook for spellbook casters that pops up? Nothing else is affected with Intelligence selected.