Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

Illyahr June 21st, 2017 09:26 AM

Shadowcaster mysteries seem to have a timing error. Adding any (custom ability) gets an error that you having too many

Sendric June 21st, 2017 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 251698)
Shadowcaster mysteries seem to have a timing error. Adding any (custom ability) gets an error that you having too many

Hmm....the way it was set up appears to be a bit odd. I'll see what I can do with it.

Edit: Fixed....and so is Extra Fundamental.

alucardu July 25th, 2017 04:36 AM

I've added Spiritual Connection as a substitute class for my level 1 ranger. This should replace Wild Empathy with Spiritual Connection, but when I check the exported character PDF I see both Wild Empathy and Spiritual Connection within the Special Ability tab.

I'm trying to patch this by removing the cRgrWildE skill, but no luck so far.

Sendric July 25th, 2017 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alucardu (Post 253304)
I've added Spiritual Connection as a substitute class for my level 1 ranger. This should replace Wild Empathy with Spiritual Connection, but when I check the exported character PDF I see both Wild Empathy and Spiritual Connection within the Special Ability tab.

I'm trying to patch this by removing the cRgrWildE skill, but no luck so far.

Thanks. I've fixed this issue for the next release. It's a bit complicated, but if you need a workaround for the meantime, try adding this script to the class variant:

Phase: Render
Code:

perform hero.child[xWildEmpat].delete[Helper.ShowSpec]
PS I also updated the spell-like abilities so that you can actually track their usage in the Spells tab.

alucardu July 25th, 2017 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 253305)
Thanks. I've fixed this issue for the next release. It's a bit complicated, but if you need a workaround for the meantime, try adding this script to the class variant:

Phase: Render
Code:

perform hero.child[xWildEmpat].delete[Helper.ShowSpec]
PS I also updated the spell-like abilities so that you can actually track their usage in the Spells tab.

Okay I figured out I have to add the code to the Eval Rules scripts, but when I use it in hero lab I get a error message "????" (it's from the script I just made). How can I figure out where the error is from?

LoneWolf6155 August 5th, 2017 08:35 AM

I don't know if this has already been brought up, but the shadowcaster mystery UNVEIL has a prerequisite error.

Sendric August 5th, 2017 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alucardu (Post 253309)
Okay I figured out I have to add the code to the Eval Rules scripts, but when I use it in hero lab I get a error message "????" (it's from the script I just made). How can I figure out where the error is from?

The code I gave you is an eval script not an evil rule.

Sendric August 5th, 2017 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf6155 (Post 253829)
I don't know if this has already been brought up, but the shadowcaster mystery UNVEIL has a prerequisite error.

Thanks. I'll look into it.

spyker_katarn August 8th, 2017 12:52 PM

I'm not sure if this is a bug in the Community Set or in Hero Lab proper, but feats in the latest update don't seem to recognize when Smite is available for the purposes of prerequisites (e.g. Paladin class):

https://gyazo.com/3e7d1c1d7c778680865322cfa14bd781
https://gyazo.com/b6ee4443bebc0991701eaee827d0b1ca

The only smite feat that does recognize it is Smite Fiery Foe in the Frostburn splat, but I don't know if that's a bug either.

Note: I found this while theorycrafting a Human Paladin 6. I can provide files if needed.

Sendric August 9th, 2017 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyker_katarn (Post 253949)
I'm not sure if this is a bug in the Community Set or in Hero Lab proper, but feats in the latest update don't seem to recognize when Smite is available for the purposes of prerequisites (e.g. Paladin class):

https://gyazo.com/3e7d1c1d7c778680865322cfa14bd781
https://gyazo.com/b6ee4443bebc0991701eaee827d0b1ca

The only smite feat that does recognize it is Smite Fiery Foe in the Frostburn splat, but I don't know if that's a bug either.

Note: I found this while theorycrafting a Human Paladin 6. I can provide files if needed.

Sorry about that! Got it fixed.

spyker_katarn August 9th, 2017 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 253961)
Sorry about that! Got it fixed.

Awesome, thanks!

spyker_katarn August 11th, 2017 12:09 PM

Back with another report of what seems to be a bug in item interaction: Bracers of Armor only seem to work if their bonus is greater than what the worn armor is.

Example:
If I am wearing Hide Armor (+3), only a Bracers of Armor +4 or higher seems to apply its bonus, and even then it's only +1 above my existing AC. Bracers +5 only adds 2, +6 adds 3, etc. This is reproducible on multiple characters.

Dami August 11th, 2017 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyker_katarn (Post 254060)
Back with another report of what seems to be a bug in item interaction: Bracers of Armor only seem to work if their bonus is greater than what the worn armor is.

Example:
If I am wearing Hide Armor (+3), only a Bracers of Armor +4 or higher seems to apply its bonus, and even then it's only +1 above my existing AC. Bracers +5 only adds 2, +6 adds 3, etc. This is reproducible on multiple characters.

That's not a bug. The Bracers give an 'armor' bonus which of course does not stack with the armor bonus from actual armor - so only the item with the highest bonus will count.

spyker_katarn August 15th, 2017 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 254068)
That's not a bug. The Bracers give an 'armor' bonus which of course does not stack with the armor bonus from actual armor - so only the item with the highest bonus will count.

Ah, I see. It's not super clear from the description, but that makes sense. Thanks!

ShadowChemosh August 15th, 2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyker_katarn (Post 254243)
Ah, I see. It's not super clear from the description, but that makes sense. Thanks!

Check out the global "Stacking bonuses" section of the rules. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRD
In most cases, modifiers to a given check or roll stack (combine for a cumulative effect) if they come from different sources and have different types (or no type at all), but do not stack if they have the same type or come from the same source (such as the same spell cast twice in succession). If the modifiers to a particular roll do not stack, only the best bonus and worst penalty applies. Dodge bonuses and circumstance bonuses however, do stack with one another unless otherwise specified.

spyker_katarn August 15th, 2017 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 254250)
Check out the global "Stacking bonuses" section of the rules. :)

I think my confusion stemmed from this part of the description of the item:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Data Files
They surround the wearer with an invisible but intangible field of force, granting him an armor bonus of +1 to +8, just as though he were wearing armor.

The description makes it seem as though it is +AC (force) instead of +AC (untyped). Again, I get the difference now that I've been provided with some information. I'm still navigating the intricacies of 3.5e; my games previously were 4e and 5e, but my current GM is a "3.5e is the only edition worth playing" type of GM. Thanks again for all the help (and I'm looking forward to the upcoming TOB and Dungeonscape updates to the community set, since those will only help!).

ShadowChemosh August 15th, 2017 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyker_katarn (Post 254251)
The description makes it seem as though it is +AC (force) instead of +AC (untyped). Again, I get the difference now that I've been provided with some information. I'm still navigating the intricacies of 3.5e; my games previously were 4e and 5e, but my current GM is a "3.5e is the only edition worth playing" type of GM. Thanks again for all the help (and I'm looking forward to the upcoming TOB and Dungeonscape updates to the community set, since those will only help!).

Ahhh I see. Wasn't trying to be mean just mentioning the section on bonuses. I assumed you where totally new to D&D games. Sorry!

3.5 has allot more "gotcha" and corner cases than 4e/5e will have. :(

So I guess adding that the "effect" for Bracers of Armor is a 'Force' effect so its useful vs incorporeal touch attacks would just add more fun! :) Especially as your "normal" armor bonus would not be included on your touch attack but your bracers of armor bonus "would" get included vs incorporeal touch attacks.

Just an FYI it can be useful to wear Bracers of Armor if you plan to fight some undead. :D

Monteparnas August 16th, 2017 01:52 PM

Just to know, it isn't neither +AC (Force), nor +AC (untyped). It is +AC (Armor), that is itself one of the most confusing bonus types on 3rd edition. As a rule of thumb, HL is working fine, but it is worth to remember that incorporeal Touch Attacks meant to not be Touch if they were not Incorporeal will behave weirdly (because they can't actually ignore the Bracers, as said above).

I have a little issue to add here. The Collision enchantment that adds +5 directly to final damage should be added in the sheet, but it isn't. It is working only in description, like the more circumstantial or dice-based enchantments. By the rules it should be added and affected as other direct bonuses, like Weapon Specialization, since it can be doubled by Critical and similar effects, as it isn't a dice-based bonus to damage.

LoneWolf6155 August 24th, 2017 06:14 PM

Just found a few problems. After theurgeing with a warlock and going into hellfire warlock, invocations disappear from the warlock tab. Sublime Chord's spells per day is messed up. That's all I can think of for now.

Sendric August 25th, 2017 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf6155 (Post 254703)
Just found a few problems. After theurgeing with a warlock and going into hellfire warlock, invocations disappear from the warlock tab. Sublime Chord's spells per day is messed up. That's all I can think of for now.

Thanks. The Sublime Chord has already been fixed for the next release.

As for the warlock, I'll need more information. I'm not sure what you mean. Can you provide the portfolio or provide instructions to reproduce this issue?

LoneWolf6155 August 25th, 2017 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 254715)
Thanks. The Sublime Chord has already been fixed for the next release.

As for the warlock, I'll need more information. I'm not sure what you mean. Can you provide the portfolio or provide instructions to reproduce this issue?

While I was experimenting making an Eldritch Disciple, I added hellfire warlock after I completed Eldritch Disciple. Immediately the tab for adding invocations disappeared. I could bring the tab back when I deleted Hellfire Warlock. Problem is I have no idea on how exactly to reproduce this error. I have encountered the problem before and sometimes it resolves itself when I reload Hero Lab and other times it doesn't. Other times it never happens. I have no idea what is causing the problem. You might want to check out how Hellfire Warlock interacts with builds that are not Warlock with Binder dips. I am starting the think the prestige class has a bug or two under the hood. One last thing, I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but Paragnostic Apostle has a prereq bug related to Knowledge: Other.

Sendric August 25th, 2017 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf6155 (Post 254723)
While I was experimenting making an Eldritch Disciple, I added hellfire warlock after I completed Eldritch Disciple. Immediately the tab for adding invocations disappeared. I could bring the tab back when I deleted Hellfire Warlock. Problem is I have no idea on how exactly to reproduce this error. I have encountered the problem before and sometimes it resolves itself when I reload Hero Lab and other times it doesn't. Other times it never happens. I have no idea what is causing the problem. You might want to check out how Hellfire Warlock interacts with builds that are not Warlock with Binder dips. I am starting the think the prestige class has a bug or two under the hood.

Ok, I don't know if I fixed it, but I did find some suspicious code which I have removed. In its place, I gave the Hellfire Warlock the ability to improve one class's spellcasting ability since that works for Warlocks now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf6155 (Post 254723)
One last thing, I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but Paragnostic Apostle has a prereq bug related to Knowledge: Other.

That's correct. It's Knowledge (any other) as in any other knowledge besides Religion or Arcana.

Dark_Soul August 27th, 2017 07:55 AM

Right, but I'm entering a Paragnostic Apostle as well and even with 5 ranks in another knowledge skill, it still pops up a validation error saying I don't have them. That's likely what LoneWolf is referring to.

I'm entering a human cleric 5/PaA 3 with 5 ranks in Arcana, Religion, Geography and 8 in The Planes, and the error pops up. Domains are Travel and Knowledge, and it has the Education regional feat from Player's Guide to Faerun.

Sendric August 28th, 2017 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Soul (Post 254824)
Right, but I'm entering a Paragnostic Apostle as well and even with 5 ranks in another knowledge skill, it still pops up a validation error saying I don't have them. That's likely what LoneWolf is referring to.

I'm entering a human cleric 5/PaA 3 with 5 ranks in Arcana, Religion, Geography and 8 in The Planes, and the error pops up. Domains are Travel and Knowledge, and it has the Education regional feat from Player's Guide to Faerun.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification. Looks like there was a capitalization problem (skCatKnow should be SkCatKnow). I've fixed this for both the Apostle and Initiate.

LoneWolf6155 August 29th, 2017 04:08 PM

Found another error. Hierophant does not add magic levels.

Sendric August 30th, 2017 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf6155 (Post 255013)

I can't find this class in the community set. It might be a core issue, in which case it should be reported here:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54293

If it is a community issue, please provide the source for this class so I can find it. You should do this in general anyway, as it can sometimes be difficult to find things if I don't know what source book to look in.

LoneWolf6155 August 30th, 2017 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 255061)
I can't find this class in the community set. It might be a core issue, in which case it should be reported here:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54293

If it is a community issue, please provide the source for this class so I can find it. You should do this in general anyway, as it can sometimes be difficult to find things if I don't know what source book to look in.

Sorry about that, It's core. I did find one bug where the Able Learner feat gives skill tricks for one point instead of two.

Lord Magus August 31st, 2017 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf6155 (Post 255013)

The DMG states that Hierophant levels stack with the base caster class levels to determine CL; however, the prestige class itself does not advance spell casting (as opposed to Archmage for example)

Sendric August 31st, 2017 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf6155 (Post 255111)
I did find one bug where the Able Learner feat gives skill tricks for one point instead of two.

Fixed.

Dark_Soul August 31st, 2017 05:59 PM

Thanks for the quick fix, Sendric. Paragnostic Apostle works great now that I tracked down the correction you made and did it on my end.

Dark_Soul October 5th, 2017 08:36 PM

The Cloistered Cleric variant class is dependent on having the knowledge domain, so you lose the benefits if you lose the domain. This shouldn't happen. Cloistered Cleric should simply grant you another domain, but the only domain you can choose should be Knowledge.

Sendric October 6th, 2017 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Soul (Post 256980)
The Cloistered Cleric variant class is dependent on having the knowledge domain, so you lose the benefits if you lose the domain. This shouldn't happen. Cloistered Cleric should simply grant you another domain, but the only domain you can choose should be Knowledge.

The Cloistered Cleric variant class is part of core, so if this is a bug, it's a core bug.

That said, I'm not really sure I'm following you here. The variant is currently set up so that if the player doesn't select Knowledge, there's an error. This seems like the best way to handle it as things currently stand.

Also, I don't know what you mean about losing the benefits. If you don't have the Knowledge domain selected, you don't get it's benefits. This seems appropriate to me.

Zorikune October 6th, 2017 06:11 AM

The Shadowcaster is not getting any of the magic levels provided by other prestige classes so cannot gain anymore mysteries nor is it getting any of the arcane class levels for the shadow familiar feat so cannot take familiars like the psuedodragon or the eladrin coure even with the required feats taken.

Example: I have 5 levels in Shadowcaster, 3 levels in Avenger, 2 levels in Noctumancer, and 10 levels in Arcane Trickster. I set the magic levels of Noctumancer to apply for both Avenger and Shadowcaster, and Arcane Trickster I set the 10 magic levels for Shadowcaster, however I'm still stuck with the 5 levels worth of mysteries given just for Shadowcaster, it does increases the amount of spells I get on Avenger though. Same with the Shadow Familiar feat, while I do get the familiar, its only applying the 5 levels of Shadowcaster only and not the 5 levels from there and the 3 levels from Avenger.

Sendric October 6th, 2017 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorikune (Post 256991)
The Shadowcaster is not getting any of the magic levels provided by other prestige classes so cannot gain anymore mysteries nor is it getting any of the arcane class levels for the shadow familiar feat so cannot take familiars like the psuedodragon or the eladrin coure even with the required feats taken.

Example: I have 5 levels in Shadowcaster, 3 levels in Avenger, 2 levels in Noctumancer, and 10 levels in Arcane Trickster. I set the magic levels of Noctumancer to apply for both Avenger and Shadowcaster, and Arcane Trickster I set the 10 magic levels for Shadowcaster, however I'm still stuck with the 5 levels worth of mysteries given just for Shadowcaster, it does increases the amount of spells I get on Avenger though. Same with the Shadow Familiar feat, while I do get the familiar, its only applying the 5 levels of Shadowcaster only and not the 5 levels from there and the 3 levels from Avenger.

Thanks. I'll look into it.

Illyahr October 6th, 2017 05:18 PM

Hey Sendric, was there an issue with the ToB file I sent you? The prestige classes didn't show up with that update.

Dark_Soul October 6th, 2017 09:47 PM

If there's a way to flip the logic around, where taking cloistered cleric grants the Knowledge domain as a bonus (instead of giving an error if they don't have it), it would be more correct.

The reasoning behind this is because some popular character archetypes take Cloistered Cleric levels, then trade that domain away for the Knowledge Devotion feat. The character is still a cloistered cleric (with all the attendant class changes), they just don't have the Knowledge domain anymore.

Sendric October 7th, 2017 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 257036)
Hey Sendric, was there an issue with the ToB file I sent you? The prestige classes didn't show up with that update.

No. I realized recently that I forgot to integrate it. I will be doing so soon. I missed a couple of other things too. It's been a hectic few months.

Illyahr October 8th, 2017 11:06 AM

The samurai (CW) has an alignment requirement of Lawful Good when it should be any lawful.

The samurai's Two Swords as One class ability also needs a doneif statement as the OA variant replaces the ability but the scripting remains active.

Versatile Spellcasting (Races of the Dragon) has a prerequisite of being able to spontaneously cast spells but is programmed to only recognize spontaneous arcane spells.

Sendric October 9th, 2017 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Soul (Post 257041)
If there's a way to flip the logic around, where taking cloistered cleric grants the Knowledge domain as a bonus (instead of giving an error if they don't have it), it would be more correct.

The reasoning behind this is because some popular character archetypes take Cloistered Cleric levels, then trade that domain away for the Knowledge Devotion feat. The character is still a cloistered cleric (with all the attendant class changes), they just don't have the Knowledge domain anymore.

So the mechanic in this case is to be able to choose either the Knowledge Domain or the Knowledge Devotion feat. Presumably, if the character chooses the feat instead, they don't receive the additional spells, correct?

Sendric October 9th, 2017 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 257111)
The samurai (CW) has an alignment requirement of Lawful Good when it should be any lawful.

Fixed

Quote:

The samurai's Two Swords as One class ability also needs a doneif statement as the OA variant replaces the ability but the scripting remains active.
I'll look into this. We probably don't need both if one is replacing the other.

Quote:

Versatile Spellcasting (Races of the Dragon) has a prerequisite of being able to spontaneously cast spells but is programmed to only recognize spontaneous arcane spells.
Interestingly, there is no Hero.SpontDiv tag, so I'll have to make a foreach loop to handle this.