Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Shadowrun (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Bug Reports - Version 2.18 (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=22057)

cryptoknight September 10th, 2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dusttraveller (Post 91763)
Currently, with 2.18 installed, using BP character creation, Negative Qualities are costing BP, and Positive Qualities are giving BP back. As this seems like a pretty noticable and crazy bug for no one to be commenting on it, I wanted to make sure that I'm not just doing something wrong here.

It seems to be affecting all Qualities, although I didn't check every single one.

Doesn't seem to be the case for me.

Make a brand new character (by default 80 BP spent because HL defaults everything to 2).
Added Albinism BP spent 70/400

Added Ambidextrous BP spent 75/400

JDDyslexia September 11th, 2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almos (Post 92209)
Bug Fixes: "Under the Karma system, the Enemy quality was costing double what it should, and imposing an incorrect limit on the amount of karma spent."

Unfortunately this fix affected the Build Point system so that the Enemy quality now grants half of what it should.

First post on Page 3. Search the thread to see if the bug is already reported before posting. :)

JDDyslexia September 11th, 2012 07:24 AM

Magical Initiation

Page 50 of Street Magic shows the costs of initiation. When you select one (or both) of the options to reduce the Karma cost by 20%, the book specifically says "Round Up". Hero Lab is rounding down.

Mad Hamish September 20th, 2012 07:05 AM

Now only 1 essence hole

The latest pdf of Augmentation does not have separate essence holes for cyberware & bioware (on page 128)

betterwatchit September 20th, 2012 09:34 AM

Chatty Quality not costing enough.

I've found that you haven't errata'd the Chatty Positive Quality.

It costs 10 BP instead of 5, as per the Unwired Errata. (Link leads to the Unwired Errata PDF on the Shadowrun website.)

JDDyslexia September 20th, 2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Hamish (Post 93795)
The latest pdf of Augmentation does not have separate essence holes for cyberware & bioware (on page 128)

I'm not sure what you are getting at. Are you saying Hero Lab isn't filling that Cyber/Bioware hole when you upgrade/replace?

Mathias September 20th, 2012 11:48 AM

Unless the essence holes specify whether they were bioware or cyberware holes, here's a situation that can result:

A character has 4 essence of bioware and 3 essence of cyber (halved, subtracting 1.5 from the essence attribute) = essence 0.5.

That character removes 2 essence worth of bioware, leaving 2 points of essence hole + 3 essence of cyber + 2 essence of bioware (halved, subtracting 1 from the essence attribute) = essence 0 = dead.

JDDyslexia September 20th, 2012 07:18 PM

Oh, ok. I get it.

Did the older version of Augmentation treat the essence holes separately?

Mathias September 21st, 2012 08:35 AM

I think they've always been vague about essence holes - it doesn't say they are separated, it doesn't say they aren't separated.

RavenX September 21st, 2012 08:52 AM

Cyber/bioware both replace parts of the character's body. I think part of the reason they're being vague with it is that if a character loses some of these things, they can die of system shock as Mathais pointed out, Essence 0 being death.

I believe it was left vague with that in mind, but perhaps we should ask Catalyst this question?