Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Build 254 Frequently Freezing (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63953)

Raistlindantilus February 26th, 2020 03:11 PM

Build 254 Frequently Freezing

Realm works freezes...like a lot.

Just randomly, switching from one app back to this one. Changing the color of a snippet, adding a new snippet, any random action it goes into not responding and doesn't recover.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? It's really hard to get anything done like this...

Acenoid February 26th, 2020 04:18 PM

OS System memory, who knows...

Do you run any other applications?
Do you work in many topics at once?
Try to reduce the number of issues that might play a factor first, other than that unfortunately I think the only hope is a support ticket and see if someone picks up on the other hand.

Raistlindantilus February 26th, 2020 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acenoid (Post 286378)
OS System memory, who knows...

Do you run any other applications?
Do you work in many topics at once?
Try to reduce the number of issues that might play a factor first, other than that unfortunately I think the only hope is a support ticket and see if someone picks up on the other hand.

The problem seemed to be having a number of smart images open at one time.

I liked to have my tabs ordered in such a way for easy reference but it included about 3 smart images at one time, when I sized that back it started responding a lot better.

Alas, without further development to improve Realm Works' efficiency I think only having open what you need and not having tabs open as a luxury is probably the best answer here.

Acenoid February 27th, 2020 10:05 AM

Well they improved on the performance already. But yeah it can always be better I guess.

Valyar February 27th, 2020 12:54 PM

Since the 64 bit update the performance increased a lot when I open multiple tabs and general stability improved. Even before I never had RW freezing or becoming unresponsive. Few tweaks you can do:
  • If low on memory stop all other programs to release space and reduce swapping
  • Get more memory
  • Get SSD. RW is having database as backend and each save or new tab are queries against the DB.
  • Increase the RW process priority to High or Real-time in task manager.

Raistlindantilus March 1st, 2020 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valyar (Post 286429)
Since the 64 bit update the performance increased a lot when I open multiple tabs and general stability improved. Even before I never had RW freezing or becoming unresponsive. Few tweaks you can do:
  • If low on memory stop all other programs to release space and reduce swapping
  • Get more memory
  • Get SSD. RW is having database as backend and each save or new tab are queries against the DB.
  • Increase the RW process priority to High or Real-time in task manager.

I have basically all of those things though increasing process priority helped a little. Didn't fix the issue as it did just randomly freeze on me again a moment ago. :-(

Acenoid March 2nd, 2020 03:24 AM

a guess in the blue try to clock the ccpu / gpu an tad slow, memory as well. tryy some compatibility options...

does rw freeze only on your large realm or in any realm? try a small one to provoke a crash?

nightpanda2810 March 2nd, 2020 04:17 AM

Try a Compress Database. May be a mess that needs cleaned up.

Raistlindantilus March 2nd, 2020 03:00 PM

I only have one realm, I compress semi-regularly. Compression is very quick so I think it's already fairly compressed.

Valyar March 2nd, 2020 06:13 PM

Let’s do the unthinkable - send support ticket!