Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Showing Sources on Characters (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=53300)

AndrewD2 June 30th, 2015 11:56 AM

Showing Sources on Characters

1 Attachment(s)
I see a lot of people asking how to find out which books they need for PFS. The usual answer is "Prepare Portfolio for Distribution" and then Ctrl-K and look at what is there.

I made up an adjustment that will display the names of the sources on the hero if you click the "?" on it.

First do the normal prepare files for distribution (under the Develop Menu) then add the "Output Sources" adjustment to the character (attached below).

Click the "?" and you'll see the names of all the sources on the character. Note that you'll have to know if something you have is in more than one book. For example Adventurer's Armory comes up a lot for stuff that is in Ultimate Equipment.

Still not a perfect option, but it's better than some.

ShadowChemosh June 30th, 2015 12:31 PM

Nice!

Have you tried "Develop->Get Package Sources for Portfolios in Folder" yet? That prepares the portfolios and builds a text file with all the sources that are required for the Portfolios prepared.

I of course already broke it trying to use it on the Community Stuff. But for a single portfolio it should work just fine.

ShadowChemosh June 30th, 2015 12:34 PM

P.S. - If you don't mind can I add this into the Basic Pack?

AndrewD2 June 30th, 2015 01:07 PM

Go ahead

AndrewD2 June 30th, 2015 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 211874)
Nice!

Have you tried "Develop->Get Package Sources for Portfolios in Folder" yet? That prepares the portfolios and builds a text file with all the sources that are required for the Portfolios prepared.

I of course already broke it trying to use it on the Community Stuff. But for a single portfolio it should work just fine.

Yeah I did that, it works nicely, kinda. It hard crashes Hero Lab every time I run it, even on 1 portfolio.

Also, you have to remember to use a non-notepad text editor to view the files otherwise each portfolio is a single line.

ShadowChemosh June 30th, 2015 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD2 (Post 211882)
Yeah I did that, it works nicely, kinda. It hard crashes Hero Lab every time I run it, even on 1 portfolio.

I thought it was just the larger Community stuff crashing it. Good to know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD2 (Post 211882)
Also, you have to remember to use a non-notepad text editor to view the files otherwise each portfolio is a single line.

Yep. :)

AndrewD2 June 30th, 2015 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 211886)
I thought it was just the larger Community stuff crashing it. Good to know.

Yeah I e-mailed a bug report today.