Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   More small errors (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=9059)

Lawful_g August 19th, 2009 08:23 PM

More small errors

I went through the Magic items in HL to do some editorial work. These are the errors I found, most are minor formatting issues for descriptions, but a few are functional problems.

Mask of the Mantis has description formatting issues.
Plaguebringer's Mask has description formatting issues.
Reaper's Mask has description formatting issues.
Portable Stalactite has description formatting issues (in the bottom, crafting req section).
Potion of Protection from Arrows 10 and 15, and Potions of Protection from Acid/Cold/Fire/Electricity/Sonic and Potion of Resist XXX 10/20/30 have description formatting issues. (It says " desc: " at the beginning of each.
Maleficus Spike has description formatting issues.
Robe of Eyes is not giving +10 to Spot
Lapis Camel has description formatting issues.
Obisidian Steed is missing a large portion of text in it's description.
Ring of Spell Storing, Minor has MAJOR description format issues
Ring of Wizardry (all levels 1-4) has MAJOR description format issues
Rod of Enemy Detection has description formatting issues
Staff of Heaven and Earth is priced incorrectly (a steal at 26 gp!)
Staff of Power has description formatting issues.
Staff of Swarming Insects has description formatting issues.
The Impossible Eye has a name Mispelling, currently is "impossible", should be capitalized.

Finally, I remember already mentioning this one before, but it is still not fixed, so I thought I would bring it up again.
Ring of Energy Resistance has MAJOR description format issues, and only the Minor version is currently in HL (not the moderate or Greater versions).

chiefweasel August 20th, 2009 04:12 AM

You must have been up late Lawful_g. lol

I did detect an error as well, with the Shield Specialization feat it doenst allow you to select a shield type.

On a side note, with errors that are discovered, how would the Hero Lab folks like us to inform them about it? A special forum just for reporting bugs might not be a bad idea. It would keep the other forums from getting clogged up with error reports and would also give the HL folks a central location from which to work from.

Just a though. Thanks.

Mathias August 20th, 2009 10:20 AM

I'll look into all these after doing more Pathfinder work.

Having the bug reports in the game's forum is easier to check. Not every user would see that there was a separate bug reports forum for each game, so bug reports would still be posted in the main forum. Therefore, someone trying to figure out if their bug report had previously been posted would have to check both forums. Also, bug reports in a central forum wouldn't always be labeled with the game system they applied to, which means we either guess or ask.

Just create a new thread for bug reports - perhaps something like "Bug Reports: Magic Item descriptions"

dungeoncrawler May 8th, 2021 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawful_g (Post 32198)
I went through the Magic items in HL to do some editorial work. These are the errors I found, most are minor formatting issues for descriptions, but a few are functional problems.

Mask of the Mantis has description formatting issues.

Did any fixes happen with this? It's missing Deathwatch and See Invisibility under Activated Abilities List - and I don't know how to add them, although I'm trying to search this in the forums it appears to be a herculean task beyond my skills.

Provos May 8th, 2021 06:30 PM

Wow, 11 year old necro. =)

dungeoncrawler May 8th, 2021 06:43 PM

I seriously can't find anything else on the Red Mantis Masks.

Provos May 9th, 2021 11:54 AM

Sorry, was only teasing.
Are you playing Curse of the Crimson Throne in 3.5e or pathfinder? If it is 3.5 I can take a look at the item. It looks like it has charges under tracked resources and a button to add the skill bonus. As far as the the darkvison, death watch, and see invisiblity. Those can be handed without needing to do anything. Are you looking to just have what those abilities described?

Sendric May 10th, 2021 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dungeoncrawler (Post 294890)
Did any fixes happen with this? It's missing Deathwatch and See Invisibility under Activated Abilities List - and I don't know how to add them, although I'm trying to search this in the forums it appears to be a herculean task beyond my skills.

I don't think it was ever intended for these to be included as Activated Abilities, especially since it already uses an Activation for the spot bonus which leaves only one possible Activation button left. I could see using the second activation button for Darkvision. You didn't mention this, but I see in the description that's one of the options. To fix this, you would need to use the "Replaces Thing Id" box in the editor.

Open or create a local .user file (note: this cannot be part of the community set or anything else that gets updated in a similar fashion. It must be a local file or it will get over-written during updates.)

Use New (Copy) in the Equipment -> Wondrous subtab and select Mask of the Mantis. Make sure to take note of the original thingid as this is what will be entered into "Replaces Thing Id". Create a new thingid for your new object (usually the old id with a 2 on the end will do) then add whatever options you want. If you need help with this part, let us know.

Provos May 10th, 2021 07:01 PM

I think this was about Pathfinder as they asked the same question in the Pathfinder area.

dungeoncrawler May 7th, 2022 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 294933)
I think this was about Pathfinder as they asked the same question in the Pathfinder area.

I am so sorry, I was not alerted to new responses on this thread!

Yes, it is for pathfinder Curse of the Crimson Throne - and believe it or not, I'm still playing this module and using the item.

It should have 3 checkboxes; darkvision 60ft, or perception, or see invisibility.

I tried to do it myself, but alas I could not get it to do more than 2 checkboxes. Any help is appreciated. :)