Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   HL Feature request - Notepad (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=53977)

MikeKn October 2nd, 2015 04:01 PM

HL Feature request - Notepad

One thing I'd love to see added to Hero Lab (especially the iPad app) would be a general note pad. Just a single tab with a text field. The notes in the journal are nice, but what I'm looking for is just a place to store lots of game notes without having to remember what session they are from.

Villadelfia October 7th, 2015 03:53 AM

Can't you use the "Background Details" tab for that?

Togainu October 7th, 2015 04:09 AM

MikeKn you could still just use the Journal and just not make new entries? You would end up with just one massive journal. Which in theory is just a note entry at that point

Amatyr October 8th, 2015 06:52 AM

One problem with that is that the Journal has some serious character limits. I often end up needing 3 separate journal entries for a single session. In the iPad app it's also very bad at noticing the limits and appears to let you keep writing, something that's caused me to lose ~4 hours of notes on one occasion.

With the new iOS9 multitasking, I'm starting to just drag over an open Note and multitask instead of doing it inside Hero Lab. (Would be great if HL supported rotation and full split screen in the future!)

ShadowChemosh October 8th, 2015 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amatyr (Post 217040)
With the new iOS9 multitasking, I'm starting to just drag over an open Note and multitask instead of doing it inside Hero Lab. (Would be great if HL supported rotation and full split screen in the future!)

Yep that would make it so much nicer with the new multitasking window.

MikeKn November 15th, 2016 11:33 AM

Learning! Never noticed any responses to this (sorry about that). I've fixed my settings for future posts.

On my current character I am using the background details as Villadelfia suggested, but at the time I posted, my character had it filled with character background :)

daplunk November 15th, 2016 04:17 PM

I see Realm Works Web Access taking on this role eventually. Fingers crossed anyway. Then the linking etc will tie your notes in.

MNBlockHead November 15th, 2016 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 237922)
I see Realm Works Web Access taking on this role eventually. Fingers crossed anyway. Then the linking etc will tie your notes in.

Not everyone that uses HL will use RW, so not sure that this will meet the OP's needs.

daplunk November 15th, 2016 06:43 PM

Yeah completely agree. But... imagine a world where the two products where one. Where they shared the same content market and the functionality across both products worked seamlessly.

I'd probably buy that again. Twice.

MNBlockHead November 15th, 2016 09:35 PM

Yes, DaPlunk, i agree. I really hope that they will eventually have that level of integration.