Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Question about Equipment (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63829)

dwobbit February 10th, 2020 07:33 AM

Question about Equipment

OK, I hope I can describe what I want to do in enough detail to get some help on how to do it.

On the "Gear" tab within a character, I would like to add additional groups on the left side, similar to the "Gear", "Mounts & Hirelings", and "Trinkets" groups. What I would like to put into those groups are certain types of equipment. For example, I'd like to move "Poisons" to a group of their own.... How do I go about this?

Thanks in advance!

dungeonguru February 10th, 2020 08:30 AM

It's easy to mess up sort orders when doing that, so take good notes on the categories you make.

Step 1: Create the "header" for the category of item.

Create a new item with the name of the category like "Poisons"
Go down to the Gear Type dropdown and select -New Tag-
  • For the Tag Unique ID type something like XXPoisons Where XX is your initials or your Unique ID.
  • For Name: type in Poisons
  • Hit OK.
Select a Custom Gear Type Order (I suggest 15 or higher). Remember this number.
To the far right is a checkbox under the blue buttons that says Show Only? You will want to check that, this makes the header for you.

It Save and Test Now if you want it to go live.

Step 2: Items in the category Poison.
Create a new Item.
Under Gear Type select the tag you created above in step 1 (should read Poisons).
Under Custom Gear Type Order, choose the same number as in step 1.
Put in your other stuff like cost and weight.
Save and Test Now.

This should be all it takes. If you look in the Community Tomb of Annihilation (ToA) there should be a flora and fauna category that's set up the same way.

Every time you create a new Gear Type you'll want to make sure that the Gear Type Order is different. I suggest skipping 5 between categories in case you want to reorder categories later since they tend to cluster on the custom gear type order number tag.

dungeonguru February 10th, 2020 08:34 AM

Oh, and if it doesn't appear to be working or the tag isn't showing up between step 1 and 2, quit HL and go back in. Sometimes the changes require a complete reload to show up correctly.

dwobbit February 10th, 2020 08:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Dungeon Guru... Thanks for what you posted... however, that is not exactly what I want to do. I have been able to do that.

What I want to do is create a new section as seen in the screenshot that I attached.

Thanks!

dungeonguru February 10th, 2020 11:59 AM

Ah, I don't think that's possible. The client window is handled by the developers so you would have to hit up the support e-mail to ask for this functionality.

I do know that those windows are related to the three types of component sets - minions, gear and trinkets - and are totally different even though the trinket section of the editor is in the same area as other gear.

If it were possible it guess it would require using the authoring kit to make your own "portals" and "entities" along with a lot of scripting code to generate how you wanted to lay out the UI.

So if any dev is out there listening, can you verify I'm answering that clearly?

dwobbit February 10th, 2020 12:45 PM

Thanks...I was afraid that would be the answer. :(