Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed. (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Lizardmen (Feb 2009) (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=8221)

karlhunt February 13th, 2009 03:41 PM

Lizardmen (Feb 2009)

Yes - this book is already in the works. Can anyone tell me how to limit a unit upgrade to no more than 1/8 of the unit?

karlhunt February 13th, 2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlhunt (Post 29206)
Yes - this book is already in the works. Can anyone tell me how to limit a unit upgrade to no more than 1/8 of the unit?

Nevermind, I figured it out. Now if I could just get the terradons to act as a mount...

Naim Lok February 14th, 2009 01:50 PM

I'm kind of sad that they took away the sacred spawning rules

gilvagor February 14th, 2009 05:04 PM

I have mixed feelings about it. I like it yet I do miss them. I do love the fact that a Scar Veteran can take to hand weapons....so yummy.

studderingdave February 15th, 2009 06:58 AM

i just hope someone gets it into AB in a 3 months time.

karlhunt February 15th, 2009 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by studderingdave (Post 29236)
i just hope someone gets it into AB in a 3 months time.

Loosers like you make me want to keep it all to my self. You want to put a deadline on volunteer work do it yourself.

gilvagor February 15th, 2009 05:17 PM

Some people's children I tells ya. I'll wait with eager anticipation for the release. So looking forward to it.

studderingdave February 15th, 2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlhunt (Post 29241)
Loosers like you make me want to keep it all to my self. You want to put a deadline on volunteer work do it yourself.

all i know is i have been using AB for 3 years now and 40k/fantasy files have been regular and great. i dont know why there is such a lag for it now. in the end i am paying for it so i think i have a right to be a little angry about files not being out in a decent time frame.

i also apologize for not being a tech guru, i downloaded the stuff i needed to make my own files, but for the life of me i can't figure that stuff out.

i just don't understand it, 3 years of near flawless service and now this?

and in the end, this loser didn't mean any disrespect, im thankful for all the hard work the volunteers have done.

EDIT: if someone would like to break the datafile process down to me barney style i would be glad to help withy datafiles.

IraSummers February 16th, 2009 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlhunt (Post 29206)

Your the man! I was just about to post to ask about that as I just am starting (like yesterday :D)

karlhunt February 16th, 2009 07:07 AM

Don't wory Ira, I won't let the ignorant deter me from my path.

IraSummers February 17th, 2009 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlhunt (Post 29250)
Don't wory Ira, I won't let the ignorant deter me from my path.

Haha, good. Will it be for download via army builder or how? Any rough idea when to check for it? Finnaly, can I be of any assistance?

Dooks Dizzo February 19th, 2009 08:01 AM

Thanks a ton Karl for the work you're putting into this. I am a brand new Lizzie player and I really look forward to being able to tweak around with list idea's in AB thanks to your efforts.

Benman February 22nd, 2009 11:17 AM

Great Karlhunt .... waiting for the next great update.
I have been looking around in those data-files with ABCreator but i don't really get it. There's too much info and data to be put in.

So i am waiting with patience till someone has done the pile of work and puts it for download. ;)

[edit]Been looking some more at the files. It is like almost a complete rewrite for lizardmen.dat. So much that can be deleted and so much that has to be added. So i'd say, show some respect to Karl[/edit]

karlhunt February 24th, 2009 03:17 AM

Just a quick update on this so you don't think I've abbandoned you. The file is coming along nicely, I have all of the basic unit's stats in (I think) and I'm trying to work out some kinks with rules validations and special abilities. Once all of teh basics are 100% I will start building special characters. This is my first data file so it may take a while. Just bear with me.

Benman February 24th, 2009 10:15 AM

I guess you started from scratch? I've been trying to change the old datafiles, but that's a b*tch. I succeeded in deleting the spawnings and some other stuff, but right after i delete the last error (Given when starting Armybuilder, to check if it works) it gives me an error about 'unexpected stuff' and it will not even start AB after that.
I started over like 4 times, over and over again downloading and installing the new Warhammer data-files. Now i grew sick of it, i let someone else try.
So, GOOD LUCK!! and thx.

robert February 25th, 2009 03:19 PM

thx for your help karl! karls files will be included in teh official files and will be released soon.

everyone, pls remember that games workshop is happier if we wait a month after teh army book releases to release the files - we dont want to annoy them. :~) the lizardman book should hopefully be out around that timeframe.

thx!

Kayzar February 27th, 2009 02:43 PM

So when did the book release? I've been out of the loop for awhile and have been thinking about getting Army Builder for different reasons, including starting up a new fantasy army. I can't quite find a site that says the book released on XX, but it seems it possibly released early-mid February? So we're thinking (and I know it is just thinking, no guarantee) early-mid March?

robert February 27th, 2009 03:05 PM

iirc the book came out around feb 7th-10th, so i will get lizardmen out within the 1st 2 weeks of march thanks to karlhunt :~)

Benman March 2nd, 2009 08:43 AM

I got bored this week :lol: and put some hours in AB3.1 so now i have a temporary file for download, including Lizardmen. The lizardmen-data is completely stripped and only a normal army can be chozen. (no special armies at this point).
I am not a scripter so there are a few things i could not get to work properly (they could be scripted), ie.
--The first Discipline of the Ancients for a Slann is free but in AB it will show as 50 points. (09-03 Fixed. When choosing Slann it will show 225 points (instead 275) till first free Discipline is chosen
-Skink Chief save when on Stegadon can be influenced by giving him armor/shield. Save should be uninfluenced 2+/3+.
-To be able to vary the Salamander/Razordon crew from 3 to 4 i gave the crew 5 points each but it does function quite well.](09-03 Fixed. Salamanders and Razordons now show 75 points
-You can take more than 1 Kroxigor for every 8 Skinks. 16-03 Fixed
-US of Characters with Stegadons (and crew) is not accurate. Should be US10 total. (08-03 Fixed, now shows US 10 for Stegadon)
-When Kroq-Gar is present as General, a maximum of 1 unit of Cold One Cavalry should show as a Core choice. (07-03: Fixed, as choice under Kroq-Gar, again.)
-03-03: Added +1 casting and +1 dispel dice (on roster output) for Priest when mounting Ancient Stegadon
- 12-03 Fixed the save when mounted on Carnosaur
- 12-03 Removed large target for Slann
- 12-03 Fixed costs for Light Armor on Scar Vet
- 13-03 Fixed Stegadon costs for Chief
- 13-03 Fixed costs for Rod of the Storm
- 14-03 Fixed some stats.
- 14-03 Fixed the Save for Chief on Stegadons. (Light) Armor and Shield(s) can be added without improving save
- 15-03 Fixed save for Oldbood on Carnosaur
- 15-03 Fixed some more stats (Kroq-Gar, Slann, Tehen)
- 15-03 Stegadon Warspear can now only be selected when mounted. (Can still be chosen on terradon, needs fixing)
- 15-03 Fixed warning about 2 BSB's when taking Mazdamundi.
- 16-03 Fixed Shield save for Gor-Rok.
- 19-03 Fixed Revered Guardian's magic item allowance. (But still have to fix the max. magic 1 item)
- 20-03 Fixed Revered Guardian's magic allowance. Halberd and shield will react on chosing magic weapons or magic armor. (Allowance of max 1 magic item still needs fixing)
- 25-03 Removed 'Large Target' for Carnosaur and Grymloc
- 25-03 Fixed some stats
- 26-03 Fixed costs for Burning Blade of Chotec
- 27-03 Fixed Carnosaur, now S7.
- 02-04 I changed the validation-rule about using 'magic weapon & mundane weapon' into a warning.
It is allright to take a magic weapon and a mundane weapon. You just can not use the mundane one if you can use the magic ones.
But when it comes to a mundane CC-weapon and a magic ranged weapon it is allowed to have them both. (i.e. Staff of the Lost Sun/Mundane CC-weapon)

Download here

I do think Karlhunt will do a better job. I just had a week off and took a look at the datafile. So till he comes up with a better file you can use mine. Just keep in mind that it can have a few flaws.

rodroth March 7th, 2009 11:56 PM

So incredibly greatful for the people putting down time and effort into this datafile. Longing to get out of pen and paper and into building armies more efficiently. Does anyone know what program language was used for building the army builder?

Benman March 8th, 2009 07:14 AM

Fixed US when mounting a Stegadon. Same for TehenHauin
http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....8&postcount=19

imweasel March 8th, 2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benman (Post 29768)
Fixed US when mounting a Stegadon. Same for TehenHauin

Is this file up to date? States I am importing files older than I currently have...

Benman March 8th, 2009 09:58 AM

Yes it is. At least it is now. The file now also contains all latest updates. (Chaos etc.)

But remember this is a temporary file (for lizardmen) till a better one comes out. But it is pretty accurate.

Benman March 9th, 2009 02:43 AM

Fixed costs for Slann Mage Priest's first choice of Disciplines. Slann starts with -50.
Fixed Salamanders & Razordons. Now show 75 points.

imweasel March 10th, 2009 06:59 PM

Great update! Keep up the good work!

Batu March 11th, 2009 04:26 PM

Magic Item Cost Error

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benman (Post 29608)
I have a temporary file for download, including Lizardmen. The lizardmen-data is completely stripped and only a normal army can be chozen. (no special armies at this point).
I am not a scripter so there are a few things i could not get to work properly (they could be scripted), ie.
-The first Discipline of the Ancients for a Slann is free but in AB it will show as 50 points. (09-03 Fixed. When choosing Slann it will show 225 points (instead 275) till first free Discipline is chosen
-Skink Chief save when on Stegadon can be influenced by giving him armor/shield. Save should be uninfluenced 2+/3+.
-To be able to vary the Salamander/Razordon crew from 3 to 4 i gave the crew 5 points each but it does function quite well.](09-03 Fixed. Salamanders and Razordons now show 75 points
-You can take more than 1 Kroxigor for every 8 Skinks.
-US of Characters with Stegadons (and crew) is not accurate. Should be US10 total. (08-03 Fixed, now shows US 10 for Stegadon)
-When Kroq-Gar is present as General, a maximum of 1 unit of Cold One Cavalry should show as a Core choice. (07-03: Fixed, as choice under Kroq-Gar, again.)
-03-03: Added +1 casting and +1 dispel dice (on roster output) for Priest when mounting Ancient Stegadon

Download here

I do think Karlhunt will do a better job. I just had a week off and took a look at the datafile. So till he comes up with a better file you can use mine. Just keep in mind that it can have a few flaws.

Thank you for doing the list!!!!!

Benman March 12th, 2009 05:49 AM

- 12-03 Fixed the save when mounted on Carnosaur
- 12-03 Removed large target for Slann
- 12-03 Fixed costs for Light Armor on Scar Vet

Download here

Still keep in mind that this is an 'unofficial' AB 3.1 file, not supported by the 'official' Wolflair site or volunteers.
In time an 'official' file (also made by a volunteer) will be released. But till then this one will do.

rizzy March 12th, 2009 04:04 PM

I noticed couple point cost that were off. The first one was the point cost for a stegadon as a mount for a skink chief was 210. I believe it should be 235. The other one I noticed was was the Rod of the storm in the arcane magic items is listed as 35. I think that is only 25 points. Again as others have said Thanks so much for this "advanced copy" of the lizardmen army list.

Benman March 13th, 2009 11:57 AM

Fixed Stegadon costs for Chief
Fixed costs for Rod of the Storm

thx for comments

Benman March 14th, 2009 02:18 AM

Fixed some stats.

Paladin797 March 14th, 2009 10:10 AM

Hello

1) sorry of my bad english
2) very fast abfile for the lizardman! very good

my question is wen this abfile was update because there same failures (Carnosaurus cost 420 points, Stegadon for heroes that cost a rare slot and some other thinks)?

Benman March 14th, 2009 10:34 AM

- Fixed the Save for Chief on Stegadons. (Light) Armor and Shield(s) can be added without improving save.

@ Paladin797: I know. I messed up when i downloaded and installed the 'official' Datafile made by Karlhunt to take a look at it. But it is fixed again.

Suit yourself, use my datafile, or use Karlhunt's file. Karlhunt's file is the 'official' file that can be downloaded via AB3.1 itself.

Paladin797 March 15th, 2009 02:14 AM

Thanx. The official file dont work good but this file is ok

Benman March 15th, 2009 03:40 AM

- Fixed save for Oldbood on Carnosaur
- Fixed some more stats (Kroq-Gar, Slann, Tehen)
- Stegadon Warspear can now only be selected when mounted. (Can still be chosen on terradon, needs fixing)

Benman March 15th, 2009 01:20 PM

- Fixed warning about 2 BSB's when taking Mazdamundi.

Benman March 16th, 2009 09:09 AM

- Fixed Shield save for Gor-Rok.

Quaruk March 18th, 2009 12:16 PM

First off all idd like to say nice work benman :)

2nd i have noticed that using your file we cant give revered Guardian (temple guards) any magic items (25 points) i hope u will fix that :)

Cheers for your hard work :)

Quaruk

Benman March 18th, 2009 04:52 PM

- Fixed Revered Guardian's magic item allowance. (But still have to fix the max. magic 1 item)

Meph March 18th, 2009 06:32 PM

Quick question ... If an Oldblood is 145 points and a carnosaur is 210 ... why when I add the pair to my roster is the total cost 565???? Thanks.

.... never mind ... looks like update fixed this ...

Benman March 19th, 2009 09:22 AM

Keep in mind that there are 2 files going round now. That's my file and the 'official' AB file.
You can import both to AB. Just make sure you use different folders for both files. You then can choose when AB start what datafile to use.