Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Eval script errors (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=57363)

Benevalent January 11th, 2017 05:00 PM

Eval script errors

I'm not good at coding or xml and am having trouble with a community file. Was hoping some good soul out there would help me out and point me in the right direction.
Its in reference to when I add FIst of Raziel to a Paladin/Knight build. Only after Raziel is added it appears immediately and at any other changes are made from health, or skills, etc. Not ignorable.

This is the error.

Invalid Tag expression specificed 'foreach' statement
Location: 'eval' script for component 'BaseClHelp' (Eval Script 'Calc cSpecial') near line 80

Now i've edited things before and so i have some basics. If I knew how to find the lines of script that would help. I have a guess its some interference with the instances of smite evil.

Any help would be appriciated.

Dami January 11th, 2017 09:30 PM

I've just confirmed this with a Level 6 Paladain + 1 level Fist. The error pops up when you add the class and then every time that you change anything. You can "ok" past it, but it will keep occuring. Apart from this the PC appears to work correctly. (The Prestige Class is in the "Book of Exalted Deeds" user file.)
"BaseClHelp" sounds to me like one of the core things we can't access.

Sendric January 12th, 2017 03:42 AM

I can reproduce this just by adding 1 level of Fist of Raziel. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the cause. I'll do some investigation, but I may need some help from Shadow on this one.

ShadowChemosh January 12th, 2017 06:02 AM

I will try and take a look tonight.

ShadowChemosh January 12th, 2017 08:27 AM

Ok I had a minute. The classes in 3.5 - Book of Exalted Deeds.user has set a "SpecSource.?" tag onto the "Class". This is causing confusion deep in HL coding. You need to remove SpecSource.? from any "Class" Things.

Looks like the following have them in that file:
Sword of Righteousness
Fist of Raziel

Sendric January 12th, 2017 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 241016)
Ok I had a minute. The classes in 3.5 - Book of Exalted Deeds.user has set a "SpecSource.?" tag onto the "Class". This is causing confusion deep in HL coding. You need to remove SpecSource.? from any "Class" Things.

Looks like the following have them in that file:
Sword of Righteousness
Fist of Raziel

Ah...sorry Shadow. I should have been able to find that. I'll get that fixed.

Benevalent January 13th, 2017 07:54 PM

Like a well oiled machine. That was a work of art in text and collaboration.

How does this work? Is any fix you design to be released with other bug changes as a new patch later?

Sendric January 14th, 2017 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benevalent (Post 241207)
Like a well oiled machine. That was a work of art in text and collaboration.

How does this work? Is any fix you design to be released with other bug changes as a new patch later?

The community gets updated every so often (2-3 times a year typically). There is no set schedule as it largely depends on my availability and whether I think enough has been added. That said, it's a simple enough fix that you could make yourself. Simply open the editor, bring up the file in question, open the Helper thing for the class and look for the tags button. In there, scroll down until you find the SpecSource tag and delete it.

I do hope to get another release out relatively soon, but it could still take a month or two so you may not want to wait. I've been getting slammed at work and home so time is limited.

Benevalent January 14th, 2017 09:22 AM

Thanks a alot! I've done similar really simple fixes but the error wording was a bit too mysterious for my means.