Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HLO - Pathfinder 1st Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Lone Wolf PF1 Newsletter Mistake? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=65299)

Dragnmoon January 9th, 2021 11:19 AM

Lone Wolf PF1 Newsletter Mistake?

So when I bought the PF1 it was only $9.99, The email of the newsletter that went out today said it is $20, did the price go up or is the email a mistake?

Maidhc O Casain January 9th, 2021 11:59 AM

When I log onto the HLO website and look at my options, I have the option to migrate my PF1 stuff for $9.99.

Possibly purchasing the game system (if you don't already own things on HLC) costs $20? I haven't gotten the newsletter, so I don't know how it reads.

mototom January 9th, 2021 02:59 PM

The newsletter states that migration is $20. I believe buying the game system is $25; it's not mentioned in the newsletter.

Dragnmoon January 9th, 2021 03:10 PM

Should have clarified that, I paid $9.99 for the migration. Did not have to spend anything else to have full access to PF1 and all the add-ons since I owned them all in HLC.

Daniel V January 10th, 2021 09:31 AM

Hmm, I'll poke the powers that be about this, I believe that is an outdated price that was initially projected, and the $9.99 is what we settled on instead for the migration.

Dragnmoon January 10th, 2021 09:44 AM

I will say if it stayed at $20 I would not have bought it since HLC is still the superior product, $9.99 was cheap enough to make me curious enough to buy it just to see what it looks like on HLO. So good decision on that price drop, at least for me.

Parody January 10th, 2021 10:26 AM

Poking around the HLO shopping cart: if you don't currently have a paid account for Hero Lab Online, it looks like you have to buy service as well as the migration fee. Standard service + migration fee = $19.98.

mototom January 11th, 2021 12:47 PM

That makes sense. If you're new to HLO, you'd need Standard at a minimum. Thanks for poking around and solving the mystery.

MadCat75 January 11th, 2021 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragnmoon (Post 293015)
Should have clarified that, I paid $9.99 for the migration. Did not have to spend anything else to have full access to PF1 and all the add-ons since I owned them all in HLC.

Ok, this is whats confusing me, do i have to pay the $9.99 to have full access to PF1, even after i linked my account & license?

Parody January 11th, 2021 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadCat75 (Post 293104)
Ok, this is whats confusing me, do i have to pay the $9.99 to have full access to PF1, even after i linked my account & license?

Yes. You pay the $10 to give HLO access to everything you've purchased for HLC. Afterwards they both are licensed for everything; if you buy more content for PF1 you can use it in both.

You also have to have HLO service, which costs extra if you aren't already using it.