Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

Sendric February 8th, 2014 02:37 PM

Sorry about that. Glad you were able to fix this. Unfortunately, as things get added, there's no way for me to know whether the new files will conflict with pre-existing user files not related to the community set. I suppose one option, though, as this grows is to separate the release so that Forgotten Realms is its own release (as well as Eberron and Ravenloft if they ever get larger than they currently are). Would people be in favor of this?

TobyFox2002 February 8th, 2014 05:50 PM

Had to remove them, Well that's somewhat of a let down. After all I went through to put them together.. ;) Well, I wish there was more I could do to help blend them into your files.

If there is anything I can do to try and fix this I will do my best, especially since I'm going to be adding to them as I can.

And I wouldn't object to keeping them separate, but I'm not the one compiling them. So that's up to Sendric and Lawful_G.

jbearwillis February 8th, 2014 07:23 PM

It will be a lot of work, but one way of solving this is, lets say for the forgottens realm files, if you add a (FR) in front of the Unique ID (Example: Chosen of Mystra, UQ IN: cHelpChM and change the Uq ID:cHelpFRCM or something along those lines. It would solve a lot of the user files from conflicting). Just food for thought,you could do it to Eberron, such as EB in front and the like.

Like I said - A lot of work, but worth it in the long run.

TobyFox2002 February 9th, 2014 03:32 AM

I can do that with some things but not all, cant do that with classes or spells because the character limitation on class abbreviations and wildcard searches. As for the regions, they have so many cross-linked references that if I change that I'd have hundreds of ids to change (in scripts).

Perhaps if you send me a copy of your Faerun file I could see specific examples of where your duplicates are and I could reduce the problem. (but probably not eliminate it). I intend to add alot of the of the prestige classes and content from the other Faerun books. So if you remove all of the new faerun books you'll be missing out, unless you have made stuff for in in which case I'll be wasting my time and you should send me what you have so I dont duplicate your efforts. =p

Sendric February 9th, 2014 04:34 AM

Also, you have to be careful about what gets changed. Changing thingids in the community set can cause issues with portfolios.

ShadowChemosh February 9th, 2014 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 (Post 175473)
I can do that with some things but not all, cant do that with classes or spells because the character limitation on class abbreviations and wildcard searches. As for the regions, they have so many cross-linked references that if I change that I'd have hundreds of ids to change (in scripts)

You can do this with classes and Spells if you start off from the beginning naming the Unique ID to be different. Plus they even added a new feature into HL to make this easier. Under the Editor in "View" you can add your own "two digit" ID so that those two digits get added right away when you copy/new something.

Also for mass changing Unique ID's the .user files are just text. So you can open it in say TextPad and do a simple Find/Replace of the Unique ID. Character files .por are nothing more than a .zip file holding text files inside. Their are free tools that can Grep through .zip files doing a Find/Replace.

For classes what I have been doing is naming the cHelp??? with two letters that corresponds to the package and then a 0-9 and then A-Z. So for example for a Psion it would be cHelpPU0 which is Psionics Unleashed with 0 as the Unique ID. That gives me 36 base classes to add without the chance of running smack into someone else's stuff. As most people would add the Psion as cHelpPsi....

So things to think about. :)

jbearwillis February 9th, 2014 11:48 AM

I have no problems with the files myself, I was just giving suggestions on how to stop the errors. What I said to do I did in some pathfinder files I made and in the High-Space file I made in the savage worlds game so it wouldn't clash with other community files. It was just a suggestion to you guys for future. releases.

Like ShadowChemosh said, I use Notepad++ to edit the text in mass.

Sendric February 13th, 2014 09:28 AM

Copied from PM:

Quote:

I would like to report a problem with a recent build. I was trying to build a sword sage using the d20 software, and the following problems arose. First the feat Extra Maneuver, is not giving the extra maneuver. Second: Crusader Strike's abilities are showing up in the Moment of perfect mind maneuver, and the choice of Crusader;s Strike is absent from the menu.
I should have a fix for this tomorrow. Thanks for the report.

Edit: The Extra Readied Maneuver feat is working correctly. This increases the number of maneuvers you can have readied, not how many you know. The bug appears to be an incorrect description for Moment of Perfect Clarity. This has been fixed. Thanks for the report.

Bluephoenix February 19th, 2014 03:35 PM

Hey guys, been out of gaming and hero lab for a couple of years (life sucked) but back in and going again.

have a few things to point out that were loose ends of contributions I had made and were never fixed, I'll start with the worst of them:

in This Thread there is discussion of methods to add dex mod to damage, and this problem also applies to the "Champion of Corellon Larethian" PrC I did for the races of the wild book.

it seems that I never sent chemosh the revised version of the file with a similar solution to the above for the elegant strike class feature (currently just a non functional special) and the file has since been lost in 2 PC and house moves :(

also the class needs a name update, "larethian" is still typo'd in the class name.

Geometer still has an issue where the Glyph of warding spells are not added to the spellbook as part of the special if base class is wu-jen or wizard

the Runesmith PrC from RoS still has a non-functional special in permanent rune, mostly because I had no idea how to modify spells per day at the time, it also requires a spell selector to convert to an SPA (2/day). The class should also include ignore ASF from all armor and shield types, due to the rune magic special, but since that's a 1st level feature it could be done in base.

is there a procedure for submitting new files for the community set? I've accumulated a few odds and ends from stuff I regularly use, along with some material from mongoose publishing's Ultimate Equipment series. they're currently scattered across individual files so they don't get nuked by the community set updates.

I also have some bugfixed/updated versions of the stuff listed above.

Sendric February 20th, 2014 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluephoenix (Post 176041)
is there a procedure for submitting new files for the community set? I've accumulated a few odds and ends from stuff I regularly use, along with some material from mongoose publishing's Ultimate Equipment series. they're currently scattered across individual files so they don't get nuked by the community set updates.

I also have some bugfixed/updated versions of the stuff listed above.

Yup. Basically, you just email me the files and a list of changes/additions. My email address is sendric [at] gmail.com

Oh, and welcome back. Glad to see you around here again. :)

btallon February 20th, 2014 12:15 PM

A friend of mine who is fairly new to HL recently added the Lawful G secondary downloads to his HL. He is now unable to add the Travel domain to his cleric. The existing Travel domain that he had already added is listed in the validation rules shows "This selection is not permitted". Any ideas?

I just also tried to create a new Cleric and I am not seeing Travel as a selectable domain.

Sendric February 20th, 2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btallon (Post 176099)
A friend of mine who is fairly new to HL recently added the Lawful G secondary downloads to his HL. He is now unable to add the Travel domain to his cleric. The existing Travel domain that he had already added is listed in the validation rules shows "This selection is not permitted". Any ideas?

I just also tried to create a new Cleric and I am not seeing Travel as a selectable domain.

Based on your other post, I'm guessing the user files aren't compiling, which means nothing from the community set or any of your own user files are going to be available until the issue is resolved. Even one error in the user files can cause all user-created content to be unavailable. You'll need to let us know what the error is that appears when you are loading HL.

btallon February 21st, 2014 09:00 AM

He is not getting any error when he loads HL, just seeing the validation warning once he opens the profile.
My computer is another story, but I do see the same validation error when I load his profile.

I do not get any errors when I load HL but when I open some of my portfolios I get a pop up window with the errors indicated in my other post. The mainly look to be related to spell objects if I am reading this correctly.

Thanks for the reply.

btallon February 25th, 2014 10:36 AM

Ok, of my two friends that I just introduced to HL. One has a default install, the other recently added the secondary download URL.

Default build has Travel domain available and useable.

Build with secondary downloads, Travel domain is gone and the one he already had added is marked as not permitted. The Red diamond with exclamation point indicated there are dependency errors. There are no errors displayed when launching HL.

I am not able to create a new Cleric and Travel domain, it is missing from the list.

Sendric February 25th, 2014 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btallon (Post 176434)
Ok, of my two friends that I just introduced to HL. One has a default install, the other recently added the secondary download URL.

Default build has Travel domain available and useable.

Build with secondary downloads, Travel domain is gone and the one he already had added is marked as not permitted. The Red diamond with exclamation point indicated there are dependency errors. There are no errors displayed when launching HL.

I am not able to create a new Cleric and Travel domain, it is missing from the list.

Thanks for the report. Looks like someone replaced the original with a version from Complete Champion. You have two options. First, you can check Complete Champion as a source in your configure window. This will allow the Travel domain to appear. The other option is to open the 3.5 - Complete Champion user file in your editor and remove the source from the domain. I am going to do the latter for the community set so this issue won't happen again. This file also has the same issue with the Weather Domain. I will fix that as well, but I'll remove the Madness one since its redundant and replaced in the Spell Compendium anyway.

TobyFox2002 February 28th, 2014 05:33 AM

Passion Domain bugs for Domain Wizard/Other class

The passion domain seems to glitch out when being used for other classes that use domain magic. Such as Domain Wizard/Sorcerer/Druid etc..

I think the issue is the Domain special "cdPasRage" that has the following code:

Code:

~ Calculate our total duration
      var level as number
      level = hero.child[cHelpClr].field[cTotalLev].value
      field[hTotal].value += level

I know that most domains are taken by clerics, but in certain situations this may cause some errors, and this might not exactly be considered a bug since it works mostly as it is supposed to.

Sendric February 28th, 2014 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 (Post 176642)
The passion domain seems to glitch out when being used for other classes that use domain magic. Such as Domain Wizard/Sorcerer/Druid etc..

I think the issue is the Domain special "cdPasRage" that has the following code:

Code:

var level as number

I know that most domains are taken by clerics, but in certain situations this may cause some errors, and this might not exactly be considered a bug since it works mostly as it is supposed to.

Ah yes. The Dragonlance data needs to be looked at. There are a number of bugs there. Also, it appears that the Class Variant Domain Granted Power doesn't allow you to choose a domain. Something else that needs to be addressed.

Stormcrow March 8th, 2014 06:48 AM

The Dragon Disciple class doesn't allow you to select the class you want to add bonus spells to.

TobyFox2002 March 15th, 2014 01:48 PM

I ran across an error with the Warlock
I 'cWrlDOOLuck' is the unique id for the invocation Dark Ones Own Luck

Code:

Attempt to access field 'Value' that does not exsist for thing 'cWrlDOOLuc'
Location: 'sythesize #0' script for Dossier 'statblock' near line 293
---

Sendric March 16th, 2014 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormcrow (Post 177311)
The Dragon Disciple class doesn't allow you to select the class you want to add bonus spells to.

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 (Post 177783)
I ran across an error with the Warlock
I 'cWrlDOOLuck' is the unique id for the invocation Dark Ones Own Luck

Code:

---

This one as well.

Sendric March 17th, 2014 07:07 AM

The Dragon Disciple bug is actually a core bug, not a community bug. Not sure how to fix it, or if I even can. I would recommend using adjustments to get around the issue for now.

Toby, can you give me more info on how you got that error with the warlock? I'm not able to reproduce it.

TobyFox2002 March 17th, 2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Toby, can you give me more info on how you got that error with the warlock? I'm not able to reproduce it.
All I need to do is create a 13 levels spellthief, 3 levels warlock. I don't really know what Information else I can give. I'll see what else I can add, but I think that's it.

Sendric March 18th, 2014 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 (Post 177932)
All I need to do is create a 13 levels spellthief, 3 levels warlock. I don't really know what Information else I can give. I'll see what else I can add, but I think that's it.

Looks like its another one of these SpecType tag issues. I removed SpecType.Resist from this custom ability, and the error appears to go away.

Sendric March 19th, 2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 (Post 176642)

Code:

var level as number

Fixed.

Bloodwolf May 4th, 2014 04:12 PM

Some players of mine are wanting to use traits and flaw, which I believe are out of Unearthed Arcana, but the Murky Eyes flaw doesn't seem to be there.

Sendric May 5th, 2014 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodwolf (Post 182455)
Some players of mine are wanting to use traits and flaw, which I believe are out of Unearthed Arcana, but the Murky Eyes flaw doesn't seem to be there.

Thanks. I'll check into it.

Bloodwolf May 10th, 2014 03:15 PM

I have a player who wants to play a tiefling from Thay but traits is not recognizing that tiefling is a planetouched creature.

TobyFox2002 May 11th, 2014 02:54 AM

The planetouched are a range of several races. And the first release has some known issues with how it handles them. Just ignore the error for now and add your desired regional feat manually.

This problem has since been corrected and will be distributed at the next release of the community set. Thank you for pointing this out to me, if you find any other issues with the faerun set please let me know.

Also, if there is any class/monster/race that is in these books that you would like to see don't hesitate to send me a message.

Sendric June 12th, 2014 10:35 AM

I've made some changes to Ultimate Magus for the next release. It should now allow you to select spells from your Wizard or Wu Jen spellbook and add it to your chosen spontaneous caster's list of spells to choose from. If there are other Arcane classes with a spell book, let me know. If you see any other issues let me know.

TobyFox2002 June 28th, 2014 01:57 PM

Is adding to the Ravenloft files on the to do list, if not I could go in and add some of the items, feats and spells.

I just don't want to step on anyone elses toes if someone is already handling it. I know the ravenloft books are mostly images (which is a pain), but I'm fairly good with ocr software and I might be able to shave some time off of the data entry aspect.

Sendric June 28th, 2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 (Post 186412)
Is adding to the Ravenloft files on the to do list, if not I could go in and add some of the items, feats and spells.

I just don't want to step on anyone elses toes if someone is already handling it. I know the ravenloft books are mostly images (which is a pain), but I'm fairly good with ocr software and I might be able to shave some time off of the data entry aspect.

It's on my to-do list certainly, but I'm not picky. Just let me know what you are doing so we can avoid any overlap. Not like I don't have plenty of other things to keep me occupied.

TobyFox2002 June 28th, 2014 04:08 PM

I'll start with Van Richten's Arsenal, and then move on to the Campaign Setting, for now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 186415)
It's on my to-do list certainly, but I'm not picky. Just let me know what you are doing so we can avoid any overlap. Not like I don't have plenty of other things to keep me occupied.

Guiche007 July 13th, 2014 08:32 AM

Hi,

There's a little problem with the requirement of the Mystic Theurge prestige class from the DMG. The little problem a found is when you take the warlock class with any other divine spellcaster class. I check on the web and everyone is clear that the warlock with the ''Wall of Gloom'' invocation meet the requirement for the 2nd arcane spell. Is there a way to enabled it?

Thanks

mirtos July 13th, 2014 03:26 PM

Oversized Two Weapon Fighting error in printout

Oversized Two Weapon Fighting Bug -

When using the Feat "Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting"

never noticed it until now, but the PDF/printout is doing incorrect attack bonuses, but the program is using the correct ones.

It looks like the oversized is adding two to all attack bonuses to handle the negating of the penalty, but by doing so its making the single attack (main hand only) off by 2.

Sendric July 14th, 2014 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirtos (Post 187520)
never noticed it until now, but the PDF/printout is doing incorrect attack bonuses, but the program is using the correct ones.

It looks like the oversized is adding two to all attack bonuses to handle the negating of the penalty, but by doing so its making the single attack (main hand only) off by 2.

What's the situation under which this is happening? It might be a bug in HL rather than the community set.

Sendric July 14th, 2014 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guiche007 (Post 187482)
Hi,

There's a little problem with the requirement of the Mystic Theurge prestige class from the DMG. The little problem a found is when you take the warlock class with any other divine spellcaster class. I check on the web and everyone is clear that the warlock with the ''Wall of Gloom'' invocation meet the requirement for the 2nd arcane spell. Is there a way to enabled it?

Thanks

Yes. I can fix this for the next release. Thanks.

mirtos July 14th, 2014 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 187547)
What's the situation under which this is happening? It might be a bug in HL rather than the community set.

It only happens when I have the "Oversized Two Weapon Fighting" Feat.

It might very well be a HL bug, but it seems tied to the feat.

(EDIT: I had mentioned that in the "title" of my reply, but i forgot the title is not used when you are just replying to a thread.. ) I have editted this post, and the original to make clear)

Sendric July 14th, 2014 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirtos (Post 187550)
It only happens when I have the "Oversized Two Weapon Fighting" Feat.

It might very well be a HL bug, but it seems tied to the feat.

(EDIT: I had mentioned that in the "title" of my reply, but i forgot the title is not used when you are just replying to a thread.. ) I have editted this post, and the original to make clear)

Ok, thanks. There definitely appears to be something wrong here. I'll look into it.

ekendra July 17th, 2014 11:58 PM

Nothing showing in Encounter Builder

1 Attachment(s)
I'm not sure what's happening but after loading the Lawful_G as per instructions I'm not getting any new creatures in the encounter builder panel. I'm still stuck with the same 375 that came with Hero Lab.

I do, however, have access to so many items, races and classes now so I know that the .user files must be accessed somehow. Just not in the Encounter Builder. I've selected "show all" and I've reset the Encounter Builder via the Develop drop down. Nothing.

Here's a screenshot to show you what I'm talking about.

ShadowChemosh July 18th, 2014 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekendra (Post 187866)
I'm not sure what's happening but after loading the Lawful_G as per instructions I'm not getting any new creatures in the encounter builder panel. I'm still stuck with the same 375 that came with Hero Lab.

I do, however, have access to so many items, races and classes now so I know that the .user files must be accessed somehow. Just not in the Encounter Builder. I've selected "show all" and I've reset the Encounter Builder via the Develop drop down. Nothing.

Here's a screenshot to show you what I'm talking about.

The encounter builder pulls from "stock" files which the d20 community have not yet created. So for now the monsters all exist but won't work with the EB until someone takes the time to build a .por file for each and every monster. Then they get combined into a single .stock file.

But if you turn on the books and go to select a Race you can build/create your monster from all the different books. They just won't appear in the EB.

If stock files where included the size of the download can reach very large sizes. For Pathfinder community stuff because of ".por/.stock" files we are over 1.1 gigs in size. So in some ways its nice to not have all those stock files. :)