Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

Sendric August 17th, 2022 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 299789)
Hey Sendric, can you look at the Discipline Weapon Focus ability for the Swordsage (Tome of Battle)? I got it to apply Broadcast.WepFocus to each of the discipline weapons but when I tried to assign WepFocus.eachweapon to the hero it kept giving an invalid tag error

WepFocus.eachweapon is an invalid tag. I think there's an easier way to handle this. First, change all the thingid.w? tags on the general abilities to WepFocus.w? then apply the following changes to the script on class special starting with the doneif line:

Code:

doneif (field[usrChosen1].ischosen = 0)

perform field[usrChosen1].chosen.pulltags[WepFocus.?]
perform hero.pushtags[WepFocus.?]

var weapons as string

weapons = tagids[WepFocus.?, "|"]

foreach pick in hero where weapons
  perform eachpick.assign[Broadcast.WepFocus]
nexteach

Illyahr August 22nd, 2022 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 299794)
WepFocus.eachweapon is an invalid tag. I think there's an easier way to handle this. First, change all the thingid.w? tags on the general abilities to WepFocus.w? then apply the following changes to the script on class special starting with the doneif line:

That doesn't work as WepFocus hasn't been assigned yet. The chooser picks the discipline and is supposed to assign Broadcast.WepFocus tag to each of the discipline weapons. I have that working without issue.

the problem is this line

Code:

perform field[usrChosen1].chosen.pulltags[thingid.w?]
id = tagids[thingid.w?, "|"]
focus = replace(id,"thingid","WepFocus",0)
perform hero.assignstr[focus]

I need to assign the WepFocus.? tag to the hero for each of the weapons to meet prerequisites for feats and classes. For example: the feat quickstaff requires the hero be tagged with WepFocus.wQtrstaff. If the chooser is Setting Sun, which has quarterstaff as a discipline weapon, it needs to tell that to the hero

Sendric August 22nd, 2022 12:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 299825)
That doesn't work as WepFocus hasn't been assigned yet. The chooser picks the discipline and is supposed to assign Broadcast.WepFocus tag to each of the discipline weapons. I have that working without issue.

the problem is this line

Code:

perform field[usrChosen1].chosen.pulltags[thingid.w?]
id = tagids[thingid.w?, "|"]
focus = replace(id,"thingid","WepFocus",0)
perform hero.assignstr[focus]

I need to assign the WepFocus.? tag to the hero for each of the weapons to meet prerequisites for feats and classes. For example: the feat quickstaff requires the hero be tagged with WepFocus.wQtrstaff. If the chooser is Setting Sun, which has quarterstaff as a discipline weapon, it needs to tell that to the hero

I tested the changes I recommended before I posted it and it does work. The tags appear on the hero. It does look like the script is running later than Weapon Focus so push the script back to Pre-Levels/5000. I've tested this with the example you give above and it works.

Edit: Changing the timing messed up the candidate expression. I don't know why the script needs to adjust that so I made some changes to remove that part of the script. I also added some text to the description so users can at least see what weapons they'll be getting weapon focus for. See attached.

Illyahr August 23rd, 2022 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 299828)
I tested the changes I recommended before I posted it and it does work. The tags appear on the hero. It does look like the script is running later than Weapon Focus so push the script back to Pre-Levels/5000. I've tested this with the example you give above and it works.

Edit: Changing the timing messed up the candidate expression. I don't know why the script needs to adjust that so I made some changes to remove that part of the script. I also added some text to the description so users can at least see what weapons they'll be getting weapon focus for. See attached.

I see where the disconnect is. I have the weapons tagged in the discipline things as thingid.weapon and you have them tagged as WepFocus.weapon.

I have the candidate expression the way it is due to feats from Path of War that will allow you to swap out disciplines for different ones. In that instance, the Swordsage would need to find the thing for that discipline instead of the one forgotten.

I'll do some working and see what I can do.

Shaman964 September 19th, 2022 07:46 PM

The synergy description for the Search Skill has changed. It no longer reads that you get a synergy to Survival checks to find or follow tracks.

Now it reads that you get a +2 bonus to find secret or hidden doors. I have no idea where that appeared from. Though you did get that bonus from Knowledge: Architecture & Engineering which remains unchanged.

Dami September 19th, 2022 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaman964 (Post 300002)
The synergy description for the Search Skill has changed. It no longer reads that you get a synergy to Survival checks to find or follow tracks.

Now it reads that you get a +2 bonus to find secret or hidden doors. I have no idea where that appeared from. Though you did get that bonus from Knowledge: Architecture & Engineering which remains unchanged.

I see that too. Maybe its been abbreviated, but without realising it they cut out the middle of the text. This should be a LW error, not a community change.

Sendric September 20th, 2022 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaman964 (Post 300002)

Curious. There isn't anything in the community set to change that as far as I can tell. Not sure why it would have been changed in the first place, even by LW. That said, it can be easily fixed in the editor by creating a new Search skill to replace the old with a new description.

Spyderbane February 16th, 2023 01:29 PM

The Spell Shapechange has the old info that has been errata'd

Quote:

Shapechange
Player's Handbook, page 277
Second sentence of spell description is in error.
Change “more than twice your caster level in Hit Dice”
to “more than your caster level in Hit Dice.” Also,
change “50” to “25”

Denricht August 28th, 2023 12:29 PM

Fix: if you build a cleric using Divine Magician variant and select Vampiric touch and Command Undead to meet all the pre requisite of Pale Master it doesn't recognize the requirement

Dami August 29th, 2023 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denricht (Post 302066)
Fix: if you build a cleric using Divine Magician variant and select Vampiric touch and Command Undead to meet all the pre requisite of Pale Master it doesn't recognize the requirement

This is not likely to be changed - if fact it probably can't be. HeroLab doesn't have a way of checking if you can cast individual spells. The Pale Master class is set up to check for the skill requirements and Arcane Caster level 4+.

Personally I'm inclined to believe that a Cleric with 'Divine Magician' is NOT casting those "as arcane spells". He's still a Divine caster that has added Arcane spells to their cleric spell list. If you want to allow it, you'll probably just have to ignore HL's warning.

Spyderbane October 21st, 2023 11:42 AM

Wilderness Rogue pops up an error
Code:

Invalid syntax for tag template.  Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseVary' (eval Script '#2") near line 58
Looks like its from Open Content unearth arcana.

Sendric October 23rd, 2023 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyderbane (Post 302375)
Wilderness Rogue pops up an error
Code:

Invalid syntax for tag template.  Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseVary' (eval Script '#2") near line 58
Looks like its from Open Content unearth arcana.

Hmm...it seems to be complaining about some of the NotClassSk tags. I'm not sure why, but I created a new version and added a script to remove class tags from the Rogue instead. This seems to work.

Spyderbane November 30th, 2023 03:42 PM

In the Pathfinder core book the custom ability "Hammers" looks like it needs to be renamed from cFtrHammer to cFtrWHammer.

The class special "Weapon training" has a custom expression "CustTaken.cHelpFtr & thingid.cFtrW?" and it appears the id is missing the W.