Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

Gotrek May 15th, 2019 08:55 AM

Kiss of Nymph, when taken for 1st level character, give 3 more Skill Points (4 instead of 1 only)

Sendric May 15th, 2019 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotrek (Post 278902)
Kiss of Nymph, when taken for 1st level character, give 3 more Skill Points (4 instead of 1 only)

This appears to be by design, but I don't know why. The author wrote the following:

Quote:

if the feat was taken at level 1, and we're modifying the class level at level 1, add another 3 skill points, so that we've added +4 total for this level
Anyone know of a rule that would suggest this is correct?

Gotrek May 15th, 2019 09:38 AM

Seems like the author wanted the "Nymph's bonus skill point" multiplied like the bonus skill point of humans

Sendric May 15th, 2019 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotrek (Post 278905)
Seems like the author wanted the "Nymph's bonus skill point" multiplied like the bonus skill point of humans

Sound right. The fey type has this feature:

Quote:

Skill points equal to (6 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die.
I think the author was extrapolating here. The feat doesn't seem to intend for this to happen so I'll remove this bit of code.

Gotrek May 15th, 2019 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 278906)
The feat doesn't seem to intend for this to happen so I'll remove this bit of code.

Thanks a lot!

Gotrek May 16th, 2019 12:46 PM

The Race Subsitution Levels for Goliath, Barbarian Goliath, are missing Knowledge (Nature) as class skill (source: Race of Stones)

Sendric May 17th, 2019 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotrek (Post 278918)
The Race Subsitution Levels for Goliath, Barbarian Goliath, are missing Knowledge (Nature) as class skill (source: Race of Stones)

Thanks. Fixed. Also fixed Goliath Rogue which was missing Survival.

Gotrek May 17th, 2019 09:27 AM

"Outcast Champion" PrC seems wrong. 0 Skill point instead of 4, Poor Attack bonus and Fortitude Save (instead of Good). No Skill class (Craft, Disguise, Knowledge Local, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Move Silenty, Hide, Jump, Climb and Survival the right ones).

"Kensai" PrC have instead only the BAB on Good instead of Medium

Illyahr May 17th, 2019 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotrek (Post 278925)

Is that Kensai from Complete Warrior or Oriental Adventures? The OA one has Good BAB

Gotrek May 18th, 2019 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 278929)
Is that Kensai from Complete Warrior or Oriental Adventures? The OA one has Good BAB

Weapon Master (Kensei) from Oriental Adventures have Good BAB and the .user file is correct. But if you select Kensai from Complete Warrior then you should find Medium BAB. In "3.5 - Complete Warrior.user" the Kensai PrC is with a wrong Good BAB (someone mixed with the Weapon Master - Kensei, probably)
KensEi != KensAi

Illyahr May 19th, 2019 10:58 AM

Champion of the Wild (both Archery and TWF versions) from Complete Champion are supposed to remove spellcasting

Sendric May 22nd, 2019 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotrek (Post 278925)
"Outcast Champion" PrC seems wrong. 0 Skill point instead of 4, Poor Attack bonus and Fortitude Save (instead of Good). No Skill class (Craft, Disguise, Knowledge Local, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Move Silenty, Hide, Jump, Climb and Survival the right ones).

Thanks. Both fixed. Also fixed some other issues with the other PrC's from Races of Destiny.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 278962)
Champion of the Wild (both Archery and TWF versions) from Complete Champion are supposed to remove spellcasting

Thanks. Fixed.

draco963 May 23rd, 2019 12:11 PM

The feat Metamagic School Focus should limit its choices to what school has been chosen as a Specialization school, and what has already been picked under the feat Spell Focus (which Greater Spell Focus does correctly).

The feat "Adriot" Flyby Attack should be spelled "Adroit".

Illyahr May 27th, 2019 12:36 PM

Dusklings (Magic of Incarnum) don't have their type and one of their subtypes show. They are attached to the race, they just don't show up.

Sendric May 28th, 2019 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draco963 (Post 279069)
The feat Metamagic School Focus should limit its choices to what school has been chosen as a Specialization school, and what has already been picked under the feat Spell Focus (which Greater Spell Focus does correctly).

The feat "Adriot" Flyby Attack should be spelled "Adroit".

Both fixed. Thanks.

Sendric May 28th, 2019 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 279200)
Dusklings (Magic of Incarnum) don't have their type and one of their subtypes show. They are attached to the race, they just don't show up.

I see Type - Fey, Subtype - Extraplanar, and Subtype - Incarnum when I select Duskling as a race. Do you have any classes, templates or anything else that could be affecting the type/subtypes?

Illyahr May 28th, 2019 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 279212)
I see Type - Fey, Subtype - Extraplanar, and Subtype - Incarnum when I select Duskling as a race. Do you have any classes, templates or anything else that could be affecting the type/subtypes?

Found it. The scripting for the True Incarnation ability of the Incarnate class (Magic of Incarnum) is borked. It's deleting the type and subtype before level 20.

It needs a doneif and not to disable subtypes (why the script is disabling subtypes, I don't know)

Sendric May 29th, 2019 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 279226)
Found it. The scripting for the True Incarnation ability of the Incarnate class (Magic of Incarnum) is borked. It's deleting the type and subtype before level 20.

It needs a doneif and not to disable subtypes (why the script is disabling subtypes, I don't know)

I assume I must have done that due to the vague description about how the character changes. Regardless, I've updated the scripting to not remove previous subtypes and to not do anything at all until level 20. Thanks for the report.

Illyahr June 9th, 2019 05:47 PM

When a template replaces bonus feats, it moves one bonus feat farther down instead of replacing it. For example, a level 8 fighter with resolve, aligned strike, and elusive attack (replacing the feats at 2,4, and 6) still has 3 bonus feats (should have 2, one for level 1 and one for level 8) and the overview shows two bonus feats at level 8.

Variants that replace a thing that has a bootstrap don't turn off the bootstrap (example, replacing the rogue's trapfinding only replaces the class ability and not the bootstrapped ability)

Sendric June 10th, 2019 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 279572)
When a template replaces bonus feats, it moves one bonus feat farther down instead of replacing it. For example, a level 8 fighter with resolve, aligned strike, and elusive attack (replacing the feats at 2,4, and 6) still has 3 bonus feats (should have 2, one for level 1 and one for level 8) and the overview shows two bonus feats at level 8.

Variants that replace a thing that has a bootstrap don't turn off the bootstrap (example, replacing the rogue's trapfinding only replaces the class ability and not the bootstrapped ability)

Can you be more specific about which templates and class variants? Unfortunately, there isn't a way to affect all templates/variants to fix issues like this. It will have to be done on a case-by-case basis.

Illyahr June 10th, 2019 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 279587)
Can you be more specific about which templates and class variants? Unfortunately, there isn't a way to affect all templates/variants to fix issues like this. It will have to be done on a case-by-case basis.

It doesn't look like a specific variant, but an issue with the scripting for variants as a whole. If you select variants that replace bonus feats, only one of them seems to work properly. The additional ones only shift the bonus feat.

I noticed this when I was making the changeling egoist substitution levels. Two of the three (levels 1 and 5) replace bonus feats but instead of replacing both feats the changeling would still get one of them. At first I thought it was something I was doing but I tested it with the fighter variants and had the same result.

Sendric June 11th, 2019 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 279598)
It doesn't look like a specific variant, but an issue with the scripting for variants as a whole. If you select variants that replace bonus feats, only one of them seems to work properly. The additional ones only shift the bonus feat.

I noticed this when I was making the changeling egoist substitution levels. Two of the three (levels 1 and 5) replace bonus feats but instead of replacing both feats the changeling would still get one of them. At first I thought it was something I was doing but I tested it with the fighter variants and had the same result.

When modifying bonus feats through a class variant you have to modify the level where the change starts and *every* level thereafter. For example, the fighter class variant Resolve from Complete Champion replaces a fighter bonus feat at level 2. So, the array for this looks like this:

Quote:

0:
1: -1
2: -1
3: -1
4: -1
etc

Illyahr June 11th, 2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 279608)
When modifying bonus feats through a class variant you have to modify the level where the change starts and *every* level thereafter. For example, the fighter class variant Resolve from Complete Champion replaces a fighter bonus feat at level 2. So, the array for this looks like this:

Ah, I see. In that case, Elusive Attack (PHB2) doesn't do that. It modifies the one level without modifying the rest.

A class variant allowing a whole category for bonus feats doesn't have them show up in the list for bonus feats.

Sendric June 12th, 2019 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 279618)
Ah, I see. In that case, Elusive Attack (PHB2) doesn't do that. It modifies the one level without modifying the rest.

Thanks. Fixed.

Quote:

A class variant allowing a whole category for bonus feats doesn't have them show up in the list for bonus feats.
Looks like this works if you select specific feats but not feat groups. Not sure why, but I located one such example (Cleric trading Domains Bon Feat from Complete Champion) and fixed it with the following eval script:

Run at First / 10000
Code:

perform hero.childfound[cHelpClr].pushtags[fCategory.?]
If you see other examples of this issue, please let me know.

Illyahr June 28th, 2019 01:11 PM

Ok, I'm getting weird errors when using the Oracle template from Creatures of Rokugan. It says it is attempting to access an out of bounds matrix when calculating spells per day and spells known.

Hinder (Dragon Magazine) needs to have prereq adjusted. It gives an error if you don't have skirmish rather than checking if you do

Illyahr July 5th, 2019 06:05 PM

The bonus mysteries for the shadowcaster (creator fix) only gives you the one stack of extra uses that can be used for any mystery for that level, not a bonus to each mystery

Gotrek July 6th, 2019 11:49 PM

Fatespinner Class skills doesn't include Spellcraft (It should be included).
Practical Metamagic doesn't allow to select the Metamagic Feat of application.
Draconic Heritage doesn't qualify for the dragonblood requisite.

Sendric July 8th, 2019 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 280002)
Ok, I'm getting weird errors when using the Oracle template from Creatures of Rokugan. It says it is attempting to access an out of bounds matrix when calculating spells per day and spells known.

Unable to reproduce the error. It does look like there could be a problem with the secondary spells as it doesn't indicate how many the character receives. I'll look into this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 280002)
Hinder (Dragon Magazine) needs to have prereq adjusted. It gives an error if you don't have skirmish rather than checking if you do

Thanks. Fixed.

Sendric July 8th, 2019 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotrek (Post 280132)
Fatespinner Class skills doesn't include Spellcraft (It should be included).

Fixed

Quote:

Practical Metamagic doesn't allow to select the Metamagic Feat of application.

I'll look into this.

Quote:

Draconic Heritage doesn't qualify for the dragonblood requisite.

This one is a bit trickier as it's not necessarily a bug with the Draconic Heritage feat. Can you specify for which feat/PrC/whatever this isn't qualifyin for?

Gotrek July 8th, 2019 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 280150)
This one is a bit trickier as it's not necessarily a bug with the Draconic Heritage feat. Can you specify for which feat/PrC/whatever this isn't qualifyin for?

Dragon Wings, Practical Metamagic etc...
All the "Dragonblood Subtype required" feats from Dragon Magic and Races of Dragons

https://i.imgur.com/7gDmNrd.png

Illyahr July 8th, 2019 06:53 PM

Setting up a class variant that removes some class skills from a class. But it doesn't. It just gives me an error.

Invalid syntax for tag template
Location: 'eval' scritp for Component 'BaseVary' (Eval Script #2) near line 58

Sendric July 9th, 2019 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotrek (Post 280151)
Dragon Wings, Practical Metamagic etc...
All the "Dragonblood Subtype required" feats from Dragon Magic and Races of Dragons

Got it. Can you point me to a rule that says Draconic Heritage counts as Dragonblood for the purposes of these pre-reqs? i'm having a hard time finding it.

Sendric July 9th, 2019 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 280164)
Setting up a class variant that removes some class skills from a class. But it doesn't. It just gives me an error.

Invalid syntax for tag template
Location: 'eval' scritp for Component 'BaseVary' (Eval Script #2) near line 58

I'm unable to reproduce this. I created a variant for the Rogue class that removes Appraise and received no errors. Can you provide more specifics or the user file containing this variant?

Gotrek July 10th, 2019 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 280165)
Got it. Can you point me to a rule that says Draconic Heritage counts as Dragonblood for the purposes of these pre-reqs? i'm having a hard time finding it.

Of course. Dragon Magic, p. 17
http://dnd.arkalseif.info/feats/drag...703/index.html

Check the 1st line of benefit:
Quote:

Benefit
You gain the dragonblood subtype

Gotrek July 10th, 2019 04:01 AM

If you get Arcane Hierophant PrC after less then 5 Level of Druid, the "Wild Shape" feature classe doesn't became active in Druid panel (and you don't qualify for feat like Natural Spell requiring Wild Shape).

Sendric July 10th, 2019 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotrek (Post 280171)
Of course. Dragon Magic, p. 17
http://dnd.arkalseif.info/feats/drag...703/index.html

Check the 1st line of benefit:

Ah, yes. I see what happened now. The feat description in the community set appears to have been taken from Complete Arcane which does not include this benefit. An update in Races of the Dragon does include this and was carried over to Dragon Magic. Alas, the description here doesn't include it so I never noticed. This should be an easy fix. Thanks for your help.

Sendric July 10th, 2019 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotrek (Post 280172)
If you get Arcane Hierophant PrC after less then 5 Level of Druid, the "Wild Shape" feature classe doesn't became active in Druid panel (and you don't qualify for feat like Natural Spell requiring Wild Shape).

This was originally done intentionally based on the description that if you don't already have it you don't get anything new. Upon a re-read I realize I interpreted that incorrectly. I've fixed this for the next release. Thanks for the report.

Illyahr July 12th, 2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 280166)
I'm unable to reproduce this. I created a variant for the Rogue class that removes Appraise and received no errors. Can you provide more specifics or the user file containing this variant?

I'm working in Races of Eberron and it showed up in the warforged paladin variant. I don't know what triggered it but it goes away when I don't have it remove class skills

Greylin July 14th, 2019 06:08 AM

This might be human error on my part, but the feat Domain Spontaneity (Complete Divine) seems to now be unavailable. I tested with human Cleric 10 (good alignment) - could see other Divine feats but this one no longer visible in list.

--edited--
Human error on my part - the feat is hidden in our custom campaign .user file. I've forgotten why as that's not listed in our house rules but that's an easy fix!

Dami July 15th, 2019 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greylin (Post 280264)
This might be human error on my part, but the feat Domain Spontaneity (Complete Divine) seems to now be unavailable. I tested with human Cleric 10 (good alignment) - could see other Divine feats but this one no longer visible in list.

I just made a 1st level Cleric and it's available for me. Maybe double-check that you have the source active for that character?