Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

Sendric May 4th, 2012 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olaf the Stout (Post 81854)
Hmmm, I tried making a new character after updating the community data set, but the issue was still there.

However, after I updated the latest official update to Hero Lab the problem was solved. Not sure why, but as long as it works that's all I really care about! :)

Olaf the Stout

Indeed. Glad you're all set.

Mazaeus June 12th, 2012 10:24 PM

Bug in 3.5 Marshal character class

I think this counts as a bug - if not apologies...

The Marshal character class feats are absent from the 3.5 dataset.

Thanks!

Kelbec June 22nd, 2012 02:36 PM

i just installed the lawful_g and now my feat "weapon specialization" does not show up to be selected in either the fighter feat selection or normal feat selection.

wilddeath June 23rd, 2012 10:33 PM

I could not find the Kalashtar race in the data set. is this an error on my part or is it just not in the data set?

Gilmax July 12th, 2012 01:55 PM

The Knights second level ability Mounted Combat has a condition applied to the boot strap that is not needed (and breaks the ability if you are using it in a gestalt setup).

Gilmax July 12th, 2012 02:08 PM

Also the Knights ability 'Knights Challenge' is not calculating properly (currently shows me as having 3.5 uses at first level instead of 3).

Sendric July 13th, 2012 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazaeus (Post 84773)
I think this counts as a bug - if not apologies...

The Marshal character class feats are absent from the 3.5 dataset.

Thanks!

Not a bug per se. The feats from the miniatures handbook were never added. I'll include this in the list of requested features.

Sendric July 13th, 2012 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelbec (Post 85362)
i just installed the lawful_g and now my feat "weapon specialization" does not show up to be selected in either the fighter feat selection or normal feat selection.

I can't reproduce this. Are you still seeing this issue? If so, can you tell me more about the character in question?

Sendric July 13th, 2012 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilddeath (Post 85448)
I could not find the Kalashtar race in the data set. is this an error on my part or is it just not in the data set?

I believe this is from Eberron, yes? I haven't paid much attention to what's been added from Eberron, but I don't see it either. Presumably, no one has added it. There seems to be a lot of Eberron stuff missing. If anyone is interested in tackling that data, feel free to sign up. Otherwise, it will likely have to wait until after some of the regular stuff is done (like the Complete and Race series).

Sendric July 13th, 2012 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilmax (Post 86471)
The Knights second level ability Mounted Combat has a condition applied to the boot strap that is not needed (and breaks the ability if you are using it in a gestalt setup).

That condition is placed there to keep the feat from showing up at 1st level. Can you describe the problem that arises when using it in gestalt?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilmax (Post 86474)
Also the Knights ability 'Knights Challenge' is not calculating properly (currently shows me as having 3.5 uses at first level instead of 3).

Fixed in next release.

Sendric July 13th, 2012 06:00 AM

Thanks everybody for the bug reports. As a courtesy, I would appreciate if you mention the source material when entering a bug report just to make things a little easier on my end when searching for the data.

Gilmax July 13th, 2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 86503)
Can you describe the problem that arises when using it in gestalt?

Since it is using class Knight as the level verification, when I select to use it for my gestalted knight class, my class name is diffrent so it doesn't show up. For know I just created a new ability to mimic it and used the new class name instead of Knight.

Regarding the fix for the calulations in Knights Challenge, can you provide me the updated eval script, as this may help me with some other issues I am having with some custom stuff I have. Thanks.

Gilmax

Sendric July 13th, 2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilmax (Post 86518)
Since it is using class Knight as the level verification, when I select to use it for my gestalted knight class, my class name is diffrent so it doesn't show up. For know I just created a new ability to mimic it and used the new class name instead of Knight.

Is the gestalted knight something you created? Unfortunately, I don't know much about gestalted classes, so I'm not really sure what the fix would be for the community files to support this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilmax (Post 86518)
Regarding the fix for the calulations in Knights Challenge, can you provide me the updated eval script, as this may help me with some other issues I am having with some custom stuff I have. Thanks.

Gilmax

Of course!

Code:

var level as number
      var total as number
      level = hero.child[cHelpKni].field[cTotalLev].value/2
      level = round(level,0,-1)

total = level + hero.child[aCHA].field[aModBonus].value
      total = maximum(1, total)

field[hTotal].value = total

Gilmax July 13th, 2012 10:35 AM

Gestalt is an option from Unearthed Arcana which allows you to combined two classes into one. So yes the Gestalted class (in this case a Knight and Favored Soul) is something that I have to create. This was the first time I have run into a class ability that had a conditional modifier on it like this, so I thought it may have been a bug from the person that originaly created the content. Again, I have a work around in place for this, but figured I would bring it up to the attention of others.

This does leave me with a question of why does this ability need the condition, when no others are needing it to apply at the proper level?

Gilmax

(P.S. Thanks for the script, and fast response. This is one of the many reasons that I love Hero Labs.)

Sendric July 13th, 2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilmax (Post 86522)
This does leave me with a question of why does this ability need the condition, when no others are needing it to apply at the proper level?

Gilmax

(P.S. Thanks for the script, and fast response. This is one of the many reasons that I love Hero Labs.)

I don't specifically know why this is the case, but when you bootstrap something (in this case a feat), it bootstraps immediately regardless of when the class special is added. LW uses helpers to add feats with class specials, but I can't seem to see the helpers so I don't know how they do it exactly.

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Mathias July 13th, 2012 11:34 AM

Sendric, the Ranger's endurance feat class special - the one that uses a helper - should be considered an obsolete way of handling a bonus feat from a class. Look at more recent exampes of class specials bootstrapping feats like "Speed of Thought" from the Soulknife class.

Sendric July 13th, 2012 11:57 AM

So, of course I looked at the one special that uses an antiquated way of doing things. /sigh

Anyway, I looked at Speed of Thought. Basically, it appears to be the same methodology used to create Mounted Combat. Two oddities I saw though:

1) When I open up the srdpsi_class_soulknife.dat file and looked at the Speed of Thought class special, there is no condition attached to the bootstrap. However, if I'm in a .user file and do New (Copy) and select Speed of Thought the condition is there. Its not clear to me why or how that happens.

2) Speed of Thought lists "None" as the source. If I do the same thing with the Mounted Combat class special, it no longer shows up in the Knight tab of the portfolio (Speed of Thought does) in the list of abilities. If I list Knight as the source, it shows up.

I can't see any other differences between the two that would explain either of these oddities. Thanks for pointing that out, though, Mathias.

Mathias July 13th, 2012 02:09 PM

The /source folder represents the data files as of quite a while ago - we've stopped updating that, so its contents don't represent the current state of bug fixes. Only those who originally installed the d20 files while we still used the /source folder will even see it.

Sendric July 13th, 2012 05:53 PM

Ah. Makes sense then.

salexnder July 22nd, 2012 03:48 PM

Same issue: adding 2 to reflex save

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 81432)
Thanks for the report. This issue was actually fixed in the 1.7 release. Please make sure your files are up to date.

Downloaded the current d20 core set and followed the instructions off cheeseweasel.net to install and got the same results. Adds 2 to the reflex saves when you pick a class then a race (or vice versus). Tried it over and over with a human cleric. Running HeroLab v4.0b #315 on a Mac with d20 system v4.0, and it calculates correctly. Add in Lawful_G d20 v1.7 and the bug happens. Deleted all files, reinstalled, same results. Deleted all files again, just installed stock d20, works fine.

Really wanted to use it as I need some stuff out of the PHB2. :(

OgrePuppy July 29th, 2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 77989)
Ah. My fault then. Sorry, Bodrin.

I'll take a run at this tomorrow, and hopefully have a fix by the end of the day based on your suggestions, Aaron.

As an aside, should all the types and subtypes from that file be sourced to the Monster Manual? Or should they not be sourced at all? It currently appears to be inconsistent as some of the types (5 or 6 off the top of my head) are sourced, but none of the others.

Any idea when these fixes will be publicly available? (This is for the bug that adds +2 to Reflex saving throws.)

Sendric July 29th, 2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OgrePuppy (Post 87501)
Any idea when these fixes will be publicly available? (This is for the bug that adds +2 to Reflex saving throws.)

Well, we have a fair amount of content for the 1.8 release, so we could probably start thinking about getting it together. It also depends on what Shadow's schedule looks like.

Gilmax August 14th, 2012 09:36 AM

Either I am missing something, or there is a problem with the Changeling race (rChangelin). It appears to be using an invalid source, so it is never available. It should have sources of Monster Manual 3 and Eberron Campaign Setting.

howardb3 August 28th, 2012 06:28 PM

Phylactery of Undead Turning is incorrectly listed as a Neck slot, should be Head slot.

Sendric August 29th, 2012 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilmax (Post 88649)
Either I am missing something, or there is a problem with the Changeling race (rChangelin). It appears to be using an invalid source, so it is never available. It should have sources of Monster Manual 3 and Eberron Campaign Setting.

Thanks for the report. I'll make sure that gets fixed for the next release.

Sendric August 29th, 2012 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howardb3 (Post 90125)
Phylactery of Undead Turning is incorrectly listed as a Neck slot, should be Head slot.

This is actually a core item, so technically this is a HL bug, not a community bug. That said, we could provide a "fix" for it by replacing the original with a new one that uses the head slot. I'll also post this in the HL bug thread.

thegreatslayer August 30th, 2012 02:30 AM

The portable hole for d20 system does not seem to be a container or for some reason I just can't add items to it.

byzcath September 1st, 2012 11:07 AM

Not sure where to put this so I will put it here. If it needs to go elsewhere just let me know what I will move it.

When you create a profile with the Bladesinger prestige class and you click on the Bladsinger tab and hover the cursor over the Special star the Special Abilities listed are blank.

Attacks, Saves, and Spells are all okay.

Sendric September 4th, 2012 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreatslayer (Post 90307)
The portable hole for d20 system does not seem to be a container or for some reason I just can't add items to it.

Thanks for the report. This is another core item bug. I will add it to the official bug report. We can put in a fix in the community files in the meantime, but keep in mind we'll have to back out any changes made to core items if/when there's an official fix put in place.

Sendric September 4th, 2012 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byzcath (Post 90845)
Not sure where to put this so I will put it here. If it needs to go elsewhere just let me know what I will move it.

When you create a profile with the Bladesinger prestige class and you click on the Bladsinger tab and hover the cursor over the Special star the Special Abilities listed are blank.

Attacks, Saves, and Spells are all okay.

Thanks. You're in the right place! Looks like an oversight. All of the class specials are there, but they weren't linked to the class. This looks like the only one affected, so I don't think this warrants a re-release. That said, it's pretty easy to fix yourself if you are familiar with the editor. Open the "CWar - Bladesinger" file, go to the Class tab and scroll down to "Class Special Abilities...". Add the following:

Bladesong Style
Lesser Spellsong
Greater Spellsong
Song of Celerity (2nd)
Song of Celerity (4th)
Song of Fury

Save and recompile. If you need further help on this, please create a new thread for it and I will give step-by-step instructions. In the meantime, I will make sure this is fixed for the 1.9 release.

bodrin September 7th, 2012 01:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
BUG : Complete Adventurer - Scout class has a numerical error.

To replicate

Race : Half Elf

Add 3 levels of Scout, 13 Dexterity (+1)

Base Reflex save should be +3

Final Reflex should be +4 (+3 base, +1 Dex)

Actual figure shown on printed character sheet (Attached) is +5

Workaround : Altered the base save in the editor to poor which rectified the error. However at first level the Reflex save is still incorrect!

Bug : Skirmish @ level 1 once the scout class reaches level 3

Text title description should only read Skirmish (+1d6, +0AC) (Ex)

Actual description reads Skirmish (+1d6, +1AC) (Ex)

Edit : The text dynamically updates so it reads +1AC @ 1st level and @ 3rd level. It's confusing as it looks like a +2AC bonus as well as +2d6 damage bonus!

bodrin September 9th, 2012 09:54 AM

Duplicate Entry : Quick Reconnoiter is listed twice in the feat table.

Book : Complete Adventurer

Unique ID : fQuicRecon or fQuiRecon

Solution : Suggest using replaces ID mechanism in editor.

Truwen September 11th, 2012 04:26 AM

The impact modifier on a blunt weapon does not effectively double the crit range as it is supposed to. I was able to fix it by copy and pasting some of the keen attributes, but I figure this should be looked at since it is not working as it is supposed to without user intervention.

Sendric September 11th, 2012 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodrin (Post 92107)
BUG : Complete Adventurer - Scout class has a numerical error.

To replicate

Race : Half Elf

Add 3 levels of Scout, 13 Dexterity (+1)

Base Reflex save should be +3

Final Reflex should be +4 (+3 base, +1 Dex)

Actual figure shown on printed character sheet (Attached) is +5

Workaround : Altered the base save in the editor to poor which rectified the error. However at first level the Reflex save is still incorrect!

This actually appears to be an issue with the race. I remember fixing a problem similar to this before (human I think it was). Looks like there may be more issues here. It'll take a little time for me to go through it all, but I'll take a look when I get a chance. In the meantime, I suggest using an adjustment to reduce the reflex saving throw by 2. Note that you can see this same issue with other classes, so changing Scout won't fix it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodrin
Bug : Skirmish @ level 1 once the scout class reaches level 3

Text title description should only read Skirmish (+1d6, +0AC) (Ex)

Actual description reads Skirmish (+1d6, +1AC) (Ex)

Edit : The text dynamically updates so it reads +1AC @ 1st level and @ 3rd level. It's confusing as it looks like a +2AC bonus as well as +2d6 damage bonus!

I am not seeing this issue. I see Skirmish +1d6 at first level, then at 3rd level, two separate entries showing Skirmish +1d6 and Skirmish(AC) +1. I made my own Scout and opened your portfolio, and saw the same thing in both. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place. If so, please clarify. Otherwise, I'm not really sure what to do here.

Sendric September 11th, 2012 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodrin (Post 92358)
Duplicate Entry : Quick Reconnoiter is listed twice in the feat table.

Book : Complete Adventurer

Unique ID : fQuicRecon or fQuiRecon

Solution : Suggest using replaces ID mechanism in editor.

Looks like you already fixed this one, and added to dropbox. Thanks. :)

Sendric September 11th, 2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truwen (Post 92827)
The impact modifier on a blunt weapon does not effectively double the crit range as it is supposed to. I was able to fix it by copy and pasting some of the keen attributes, but I figure this should be looked at since it is not working as it is supposed to without user intervention.

I agree! Fixed for the next release. Thanks for the report.

bodrin September 11th, 2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 92837)
Snip... Iam not seeing this issue. I see Skirmish +1d6 at first level, then at 3rd level, two separate entries showing Skirmish +1d6 and Skirmish(AC) +1. I made my own Scout and opened your portfolio, and saw the same thing in both. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place. If so, please clarify. Otherwise, I'm not really sure what to do here.

No you're correct. At 1st level it shows in the text "Skirmish +1d6, +1(AC)" and also at 3rd level "Skirmish +1d6, +1(AC)" however because looking at the scout tab and both entries are displayed it can be misread as applying a seperate stacking bonus at each level. Not just a single bonus.

Hope this clarifies the confusion!

Sendric September 11th, 2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodrin (Post 92864)
No you're correct. At 1st level it shows in the text "Skirmish +1d6, +1(AC)" and also at 3rd level "Skirmish +1d6, +1(AC)" however because looking at the scout tab and both entries are displayed it can be misread as applying a seperate stacking bonus at each level. Not just a single bonus.

Hope this clarifies the confusion!

Yes. I was looking under the Specials tab, not the Scout tab. Thanks!

So, to fix this I think you just need to remove the last line of the second eval script for "cSctSkirm1". I've commented it out, and it seems to be ok. If you want to try it out yourself, let me know how it looks. If its good, I'll make the change official and add it to the next release.

bodrin September 11th, 2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 92865)
Yes. I was looking under the Specials tab, not the Scout tab. Thanks!

So, to fix this I think you just need to remove the last line of the second eval script for "cSctSkirm1". I've commented it out, and it seems to be ok. If you want to try it out yourself, let me know how it looks. If its good, I'll make the change official and add it to the next release.

I'll take a look and report back if it's good. I presume it's in Dropbox good to go.

Sendric September 12th, 2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodrin (Post 92901)
I'll take a look and report back if it's good. I presume it's in Dropbox good to go.

It was, but only in my area. Sorry about that. Added to the 1.9 folder. Check it out at your leisure.