Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed. (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   [Bug Reports] High Elves (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=13511)

Carny July 19th, 2011 12:52 AM

[Bug Reports] High Elves

No bug please delete this

AntaresCD October 16th, 2011 09:55 PM

Champion Errors

I noticed a bug relating to champions when working with a High Elf army, although this bug may be present elsewhere as well, I did not look.

Essentially, if you upgrade a unit to have a champion, the champion itself is not listed as having the army wide special rules (Valour of Ages & Speed of Asuryan), and the unit specific special rules (causes Fear For a Keeper of the Flame, for example). The weapon choices and other such options seem to all propagate correctly though.

This is overall cosmetic, since most people should understand that a champion acts under the same rules and abilities of the rank and file in his unit (except the fact that he is a champion of course), but there are some situations where people can be confused or accidentally mislead.

The first example of this was the one that caused me to notice the bug and test to see how far it reached: A Bladelord (Sword Masters of Hoeth champion) will be listed as having Always Strikes Last (which is not true, despite having a Greatsword, because like all High Elves, he has Speed of Asuryan). Again, mostly cosmetic on the program and printouts, but can cause confusion.

A more prominent example of this that I noticed was a High Helm (Silver Helm champion) will have the 6+ Ward save for close combat from hand weapon + shield listing in his statistics. Which means it's not registering the fact that he is on an Elven steed like the rest of his unit, so he cannot claim that Ward Save (it shows correctly on the rank and file).

Overall, it looks as though specials are not propagating down properly to a champion's entry, so misleading, or erroneous statistics are popping up.

Hopefully my description gave enough detail for you to find the problem.

Thanks, for the great Data File,

~AntaresCD

UltraPrime October 16th, 2011 11:21 PM

Yes, I see what you mean. It was, as you stated, assumed that it was unnecessary to repeat everything for the champion. However, I overlooked the error that would occur with mounted champions and shields, so this is something I will address. This is no small feat, as every single champion entry will need to be edited. I will get round to it, but it may take a while...

heliah November 8th, 2011 11:13 AM

in high elves roster , magic armour, enchanted shield is costed 10 pts rather than 5 that is in the book.

UltraPrime November 28th, 2011 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heliah (Post 65170)
in high elves roster , magic armour, enchanted shield is costed 10 pts rather than 5 that is in the book.

10 points is correct. The price in the Army book overrides price in Rule book. I'm sure when High Elves get a new book, it will use Rule book pricing.

Ambrose December 3rd, 2011 07:01 AM

High Elf Question/error

Greetings,

Thank you for the awesome work done with the Army Builder.

I noticed using the High Elf Hero Eltharion that he only has a 4+ armour save. The rules for Eltharion give him heavy armour (5+)+ the helm of Yrvesse (6+) armour save giving him a total of 4+. Now, he is also mounted which should give him an additional armour point of +1 for a total of 3+ armour save.

Hope this helps!

Peace,
Ambrose

UltraPrime December 4th, 2011 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambrose (Post 66705)
Greetings,

Thank you for the awesome work done with the Army Builder.

I noticed using the High Elf Hero Eltharion that he only has a 4+ armour save. The rules for Eltharion give him heavy armour (5+)+ the helm of Yrvesse (6+) armour save giving him a total of 4+. Now, he is also mounted which should give him an additional armour point of +1 for a total of 3+ armour save.

Hope this helps!

Peace,
Ambrose

Hi, you are welcome :)

Eltharion is behaving for me. I don't mean to sound condesending, but you are selecting Stormwing?

Ambrose December 4th, 2011 06:53 AM

Aaaaaah,

Many thanks. Although that just completely changed the points for my army, it makes the armour save correct. I apologize for the misstep.

Ambrose

UltraPrime December 4th, 2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambrose (Post 66748)
Aaaaaah,

Many thanks. Although that just completely changed the points for my army, it makes the armour save correct. I apologize for the misstep.

Ambrose

No worries :)

Verdauga February 13th, 2012 03:47 PM

I have 1 bug and 1 I-think-it's-a-bug.

Bug: The High Elf Talisman "Amulet of Fire" just needs a description change. Currently reads:
"Magic Resistance (1). Bearer is immune to flaming attacks"
Due to the current errata, it should read:
"Magic Resistance (1). Bearer has a 2+ ward save against flaming attacks"

Possible Bug: Any time any character is given a shield, the 6+ parry ward save is added. If any weapon aside from an extra Hand Weapon is added, the save is lost. This is correct. However, if you add a Great Weapon, the 6+ save remains. I checked the book and errata and I'm pretty sure this isn't correct, i.e. the Great Weapon should also remove the 6+ parry ward save. This occurred with any army's character that could be given a shield and a great weapon.

UltraPrime March 7th, 2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verdauga (Post 74509)
I have 1 bug and 1 I-think-it's-a-bug.

Bug: The High Elf Talisman "Amulet of Fire" just needs a description change. Currently reads:
"Magic Resistance (1). Bearer is immune to flaming attacks"
Due to the current errata, it should read:
"Magic Resistance (1). Bearer has a 2+ ward save against flaming attacks"

Possible Bug: Any time any character is given a shield, the 6+ parry ward save is added. If any weapon aside from an extra Hand Weapon is added, the save is lost. This is correct. However, if you add a Great Weapon, the 6+ save remains. I checked the book and errata and I'm pretty sure this isn't correct, i.e. the Great Weapon should also remove the 6+ parry ward save. This occurred with any army's character that could be given a shield and a great weapon.

Talisman fixed, will get to Great Weapon soon.

thedge79 August 10th, 2012 06:44 PM

Talisman of Loec states that 'all successful saves are rerolled' however in army builder it says to reroll successful armor saves.

So in the book armor saves AND ward saves are rerolled.

UltraPrime August 14th, 2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedge79 (Post 88447)
Talisman of Loec states that 'all successful saves are rerolled' however in army builder it says to reroll successful armor saves.

So in the book armor saves AND ward saves are rerolled.

Fixed for next release.

WanderingBME May 27th, 2013 05:55 PM

With the new update, Dragon Armour and Shield of the Merwyrm give an error for too many pieces of armour worn. Thanks for the update!

AL13N May 27th, 2013 07:12 PM

Most of Lords not in the program.
Loremaster of Hoeth doesn't have access to Magical Armor upgrades as it states in MRB if a mage is aleady wearing armor it may take magical armor. Loremaster wears heavy armor.

mephetran May 28th, 2013 05:03 AM

Drakemaster of dragon princes should be able to take 50 pts worth of magic items, not 25. tnx

arclight79 May 28th, 2013 10:29 AM

Found 3 minor errors, no big deal really. And 1 bigger. (I'll keep editing this post, and not make new ones with errors I find.)

Anointed of Asuryan is missing the 4++ ward save (shown in the rules, but doesn't appear like on Pheonix Guards).

Frostheart Pheonix is missing the 5++ ward save.

Shield of the Merwyrn count as armour and not a shield.

Also, when you do add a pheonix to your AoA, it goes points both into Lord and Rare choise, so it becomes REALLY expensive :)

EdSteiner May 28th, 2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arclight79 (Post 158420)
Found 2 minor errors, no big deal really. And 1 bigger.

Anointed of Asuryan is missing the 4++ ward save (shown in the rules, but doesn't appear like on Pheonix Guards).

Frostheart Pheonix is missing the 5++ ward save.

Also, when you do add a pheonix to your AoA, it goes points both into Lord and Rare choise, so it becomes REALLY expensive :)

I suspect that UltraPrime will be tracking and fixing these things for the mid-month release.

Halinnn May 28th, 2013 12:35 PM

Magic items:
Shield of the Merwyrm takes the slot of an armour, instead of the shield that it is.
Moranion's Wayshard description has a typo ("cannotnleave")
Banner of the World Dragon has an incorrect description (doesn't state that it applies to spells), and a typo as well ("ny" should be "by").

Lords:
Loremaster should be allowed to take magic armour.
Anointed of Asuryan does not show his 4+ WSv.
Phoenix mounts deduct rare points when they shouldn't.

Heroes:
Dragon Mage should be allowed to take magic armour.

Rare:
Frostheart Phoenix is missing its 5+ WSv.

UltraPrime May 28th, 2013 04:20 PM

I will be :)

Xabre May 29th, 2013 03:27 AM

High Elf Dragon Mage gets the option for Dragon Armor, therefore he needs to be given the option for magical armor, as well. All I've seen so far, but it's the first unit I snagged trying to list out my new army.

afnolte May 29th, 2013 11:28 AM

The War Banner is showing a 20pt cost rather than 35pt.

lowix May 29th, 2013 12:33 PM

- Dragon mages, who can buy Dragon Armor, are not allowed to take magic armor

- Loremasters of Hoeth, who come with Heavy Armor, are not allowed to take magic armor

- Dragon Princes are permitted up to a total of 50 points, not 25

hardyworld May 29th, 2013 06:27 PM

HE Errors

Whenever I mount my Anointed of Asuryan on a Phoenix, the Phoenix counts against both the Lord and Rare slot point limits (the total point cost of the list is correct, however).

When my Dragon Mage adds The Gem of Sunfire to his items (under enchanted items), and I then add any arcane item, the "Too many arcane items" error shows.

walga May 30th, 2013 01:01 AM

I'm only allowed to pick single eagles in armybuilder. In the new book, you are allowed to pick units of eagles.

Omega Rechara May 30th, 2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowix (Post 158547)
- Dragon mages, who can buy Dragon Armor, are not allowed to take magic armor

- Loremasters of Hoeth, who come with Heavy Armor, are not allowed to take magic armor

Per page 172 or the mini rulebook (or page 500 of the brb), in the magic items section:

"Magical Interference:

Wizards cannot choose magic armour unless they have an option for 'normal' armour. Magic is the stuff of dreams and nebulous imagination, and rests uneasily alongside the physical. There is little more real and physical than wrought metal, and its tenacious actuality casts a peculiar and unyielding shadow in a Wizard's mind. As a result, most Wizards cannot wield the winds of Magic if they wear armour of any kind - their magical senses are smothered by the armour's embrace - and so cannot choose an item of Magic Armour.

The only exception to this is when a Wizard has armour as part of his standard equipment or an option for 'normal' armour, such as light armour, or a shield. Such sorcerers have trained their mind to focus and can wear armour without confusion or penalty. The chief examples of this kind of Wizard are the dread Chaos Sorcerers of the frozen north."

Therefore, the loremaster & dragon mage have (and are currently missing) access to magic armor in the magic items section

If you have knowledge of an official gw ruling contrary to this (the current faq up on the gw website refers to the 7th ed army book & hasn't been updated since 2010), please post a link to the official publication.

EdSteiner May 30th, 2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walga (Post 158593)
I'm only allowed to pick single eagles in armybuilder. In the new book, you are allowed to pick units of eagles.

Increase the unit size to get more eagles. However each unit fo eagles counts as a rare choice now.

DilemmaEnder May 30th, 2013 03:24 PM

While I noticed many of the same issues already listed here I will attempt to refrain from repeating previously mentioned issues. Things I noticed as inappropriate:
1) Loremaster of Hoeth's strength bonus remains even if given a magic weapon. Should drop back to 4. (I used Blade of Leaping Gold for my test.)
2) Anointed of Asuryan's strength bonus remains even if given a magic weapon. Should drop back to 4. (I used Blade of Leaping Gold for my test.)
3) Dragon Princes are allowed a 75 point banner yet the Rampager Standard does not appear in their choice list.
(Next one is more a nit-pick than rule misstep. I have noticed other armies do it efficiently so would hope HE will too.)
4) Swordmaster, White Lion, & Pheonix Guard champions are allowed 25 point weapons but weapons of much greater cost are on their choice list.
Thats all for now. I will make you aware of any other issues that come up.
Great work guys! Thank you for what you do! It is appreciated.

UltraPrime May 30th, 2013 04:39 PM

And I was only saying how confident I was about this release lol. I'll hit these over weekend, kids on holiday this week so not had any chance to do anything yet...

arclight79 May 31st, 2013 04:41 AM

Another minor error:
If you choose the star lance, then you get an error msg when you choose another weapon like great weapon.

Tindragon June 1st, 2013 02:14 PM

Description for Mark of Asuryan for Caradryan needs to be updated. Still states that it is D6 wounds instead of the D3 that is has been changes to.

Thx a bunch for all your work m8. Really appreciated!!

Tindragon June 1st, 2013 02:27 PM

on a closer look on Caradryan it seems that his entire special rules section needs revision:) Only magic resistance 1 now instead of 3, and speed of asuryan should be updated to ASF. And Ashtari the phoenix should have 5+ ward save on profile due to Attuned to Magic special rule.

thx again :-)

Tindragon June 1st, 2013 03:18 PM

Anointed of Asuryan has Magic Resistance (2)

arclight79 June 3rd, 2013 04:48 AM

Anointed of Asuryan is missing MR2 amongst the rules.

Mathias June 6th, 2013 03:43 PM

This message came in through our support email, but it's about Warhammer Fantasy, so I'm copying it here:

Quote:

First, I want to say I love your guys' product and am on my 2nd bi-annual renewal after a 1 year gift. I've been in the GW Warhammer hobby since 1993. I have multiple armies in Warhammer Fantasy and just used the new High Elf program last night for a game today.
1)The High Elves (HE) have a magic weapon called the Star Lance (30 pts, +3 strength on the charge only. If the bearer is charged or combat continues beyond the initial charge round, you MUST fight with another weapon). The program problem is that when you select the Star Lance, it negates the ability to also select another weapon, like a halberd or great weapon. I believe the Bretonnians have a similar scenario that is/was dealt with, but not sure.
2) The other issue is with the Dragon Mage of Caledor. He is the only HE wizard allowed armor (besides Eltharion, a special character). He can take dragon armor for 10 points. Since he is allowed this, he's supposed to be able to access all magic armor as well. I chose the dragon armor and wanted to take either the Charmed Shield or the Enchanted Shield, but the program didn't allow it.
I didn't know if others had already contacted you on these issues or not. I just wanted to give you a heads up as soon as I found them with hopes of seeing them being fixed as soon as possible. Thanks again for fantastic product that supports and simplifies thingsa for all us gamers out here. Master Sergeant (ret) Lee Werling

Mathias June 10th, 2013 12:46 PM

This message came in through our support email, so I'm copying it here:

Quote:

Hi

Just to let you know of a bug in the new High Elf list. If you take Shield of the Merwyrm you get an error if you then take armour as well.

Thanks

Daniel

UltraPrime June 13th, 2013 01:33 PM

All issues have now been fixed :). Will be in next update.

EdSteiner June 13th, 2013 08:02 PM

Just got the update from UltraPrime today, checking off each of the items from above to make sure we covered them all. Expect release by midnight 15JUN13. Thanks for your fixes UltraPrime <o

EdSteiner

finngoalie June 13th, 2013 08:34 PM

Fast and efficient fixes; I can tell UltraPrime is definitely NOT a government worker

EdSteiner June 15th, 2013 11:39 AM

Still got one outstanding issue to solve so I will delay the update till Sunday night.