Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HLO - Pathfinder 1st Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   HLO PF1 - Encounter Library (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=65263)

freakman22 January 2nd, 2021 02:33 PM

HLO PF1 - Encounter Library

I've been looking at HLO now that PF1 is available to see if my group could switch from using classic. One feature that I haven't found yet is access to encounter libraries (for example, I purchased Return of the Runelords pack in Classic). Am I just not looking in the right place or is this not a feature yet? If not, is it planned?

I suppose an alternative is to create a classic file for each encounter and then import them into scripts but ideally there is a quicker way to get the same result.

Bionicman05 January 4th, 2021 11:27 AM

To go along with this, I've been trying to import encounters as portfolios into the cast section and into scripts but have gotten failures every time. Is there an issue with importing NPCs from HLC? Even setting up the NPCs as player characters it still throws errors. So it looks like I'll have to build all those encounters from scratch in HLO for right now. It'll be nice when the campaign encounters are available.

jjashley January 4th, 2021 11:53 AM

When I tried importing it failed everytime if there was more than one character/npc in the portfolio, I had to import them each individually. As for the encounter builder piece there is one but I don't believe it has all the creatures yet. They ran into an issue and had added over 900 creatures for now and should be updating more as they squash the technical issue they were having.

In a campaign if you go to screen scripts and create a new script you should be able to add creatures and use the import from vault option.

J

mototom January 4th, 2021 12:01 PM

I imported 4 characters (and an NPC by accident) in one portfolio. So it's not a technical limitation. Maybe a temporary bug?

Mathias January 4th, 2021 12:06 PM

Please give us specifics on which characters are failing to load. What I'm suspecting is that the same ones that didn't get imported in the vault will have troubles for users. If that's the case, then it's an issue we're already working on.

Bionicman05 January 4th, 2021 04:42 PM

I am trying to import named NPCs from Rise of the Runelords. Shalelu Andosana, Nualia, and the first few encounters from book 3. Since ogrekin aren't in the vault yet, I imagine that's part of the issue.

neutraltandem January 10th, 2021 05:18 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I've run into the same problem with content from Curse of the Crimson Throne Annivesary Edition. I tried to import the four encounters for The Acropolis of the Thrallkeepers chapter of the AP, which are attached as follows:

Cindermaw the Clan Eater.por
A single NPC

Havero Tentacles.por
4 Havero Tentacle NPCs

Red Mantis Assassins.por
4 Red Mantis Assassin NPCs

Sklar Quah Group.por
Krojun Eats-What-He-Kills (NPC), and 3 Sklar-Quah Thundercallers

Each time they're uploaded it looks like they're failing on Stage 1 or just immediately after Stage 1, unfortunately there's no log for me to know exactly when it fails.

HrdFrz February 19th, 2021 05:16 PM

Any development on this? I am also having issues importing .por files created from the encounter library from CotCT.

Thermo February 23rd, 2021 02:41 PM

I am also having the same problem trying to access encounters from Tears at Bitter Manor and Giantslayers. I own the packages for both already in Classic and can't figure out how to get an encounter from there set up.

I was able to import the PC's no problem but the encounter creatures not at all.

mototom February 23rd, 2021 04:43 PM

I believe Encounter Library portfolios can't be imported by design. This thread found the error that those are blocked.

That makes sense from an IP protection standpoint, but is unfortunate given that the encounter library content isn't available in HLO yet.