Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

Illyahr April 2nd, 2021 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayhova (Post 294469)
I am looking for the Vestment of Many Styles out of Races of Eberron. I check to make sure the source was check but no dice. Was this missed or have I screwed up somewhere? >Newbie<:D

Hmm. Must've missed that one. I'll put it in and drop it in the community submission thread

Jayhova July 1st, 2021 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 294482)
Hmm. Must've missed that one. I'll put it in and drop it in the community submission thread

Thanks

Jayhova July 25th, 2021 12:39 PM

I noticed I could not add the weightless scabbard to my PC. I went and looked and noticed the "Arms and Equipment Guide" user file has 0 wonderous items in it. What's up?

Dami July 26th, 2021 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayhova (Post 295967)
I noticed I could not add the weightless scabbard to my PC. I went and looked and noticed the "Arms and Equipment Guide" user file has 0 wonderous items in it. What's up?

There are a very large number of 3.0 and 3.5 rulesbooks, from WotC, and evne more when you consider other publishers. Content from nearly all these books is provided by users. This means that stuff that has been done is mostly by people who wanted it for their own game, put it in HL and shared the file. There are very few people using the editor to work on content, and so not everything has or can be put into HL.
433 items of equipment from that book have been done. I consider that amazing... but no-one's got to the magic item part. (Some items may have been updated for 3.5 and been entered in another "book".)

Jayhova July 27th, 2021 09:02 AM

I thought somehow it got missed or my version was screwed up or some other thing, IDK. Is there a tutorial of how to create items and place them in the .user files?

Edit: Found some info and copied a glove of storing which is functionally similar to the A&EG Weightless Scabbard I wish to create. Is there a way (easy or not) to limit the items that can be stored in this container i.e. bladed weapons such as swords and daggers and limit it to one item? Also what conventions exist for assigning a unique ID to an item?

Sendric July 28th, 2021 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayhova (Post 295989)
I thought somehow it got missed or my version was screwed up or some other thing, IDK. Is there a tutorial of how to create items and place them in the .user files?

Edit: Found some info and copied a glove of storing which is functionally similar to the A&EG Weightless Scabbard I wish to create. Is there a way (easy or not) to limit the items that can be stored in this container i.e. bladed weapons such as swords and daggers and limit it to one item? Also what conventions exist for assigning a unique ID to an item?

Thanks to some (relatively) recent updates, thingid's now allow up to 17 characters. Typically when you create a new thing, the editor will automatically provide the first two characters. These are used to give the user an easy way to identify what kind of thing the thingid is referring to, but it's not required that you keep it.

If you are making items for yourself it doesn't really matter what convention you use for creating unique ideas as long as they don't clash with existing ones. In general, though, we try to have them make sense and capitalize letters at the start of words. So, for something like the Weightless Scabbard, it could look like this:

ioWeightScabbard

I drop the "less" of Weightless here because it's too long to fit, and try to keep the "words" being clear. You could also do:

ioWeightlessScabb

Though I think the first one might be easier to understand what it is.

Jayhova July 29th, 2021 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 295996)
So, for something like the Weightless Scabbard, it could look like this:

ioWeightScabbard

I drop the "less" of Weightless here because it's too long to fit, and try to keep the "words" being clear. You could also do:

ioWeightlessScabb

I went with the earlier convention and named it ioWeigScab.

If I wanted to do the rest of the wondrous items in the A&EG and contribute them to the community, how would I do that?

Should I even worry about limiting the scabbard to one bladed weapon?; assuming that is even possible.

Sendric July 30th, 2021 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayhova (Post 296000)
I went with the earlier convention and named it ioWeigScab.

If I wanted to do the rest of the wondrous items in the A&EG and contribute them to the community, how would I do that?

Should I even worry about limiting the scabbard to one bladed weapon?; assuming that is even possible.

If you can figure it out, great, if not make a note and I'll look into it when I get the chance.

There's a thread for providing files to the community set here:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=65384

If you have any trouble attaching any files, let me know.

Provos October 24th, 2021 04:40 PM

Arms and Equipment guide is missing Quick-escape armor add on.

Spyderbane April 14th, 2022 02:05 PM

Not sure if anyone is aware but Lyric Thaumaturge from the complete mage appears to be a blank class.