Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Rise of the Runelords (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=65192)

Provos December 12th, 2020 03:49 PM

Rise of the Runelords

I am getting ready to run this Adventure path I am running the 3.5 version.
I noticed the deities are missing from the AP checkbox. I can make a file with them but how do I set it up so they are the only deities allowed?

As for as domains go, which versions should I go with, the spell compendium version seem to be the latest version. I can upload the file when I am done to add the the community if anyone is interested.

Provos December 13th, 2020 12:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are the deities listed in the Rise of the Runelords Players Guide. I did all the;Domains, favorite weapons, symbol, epithet, portfolio, alighment, typical follower, sacred colors, and temple info. I didn't fill in description as I don't know how much is allowed with the OGL.

Some of the domains have many duplicates in the editor. I think I picked the most updated based on the Spell compendium.

Sendric December 14th, 2020 05:07 AM

Thanks, Provos. I'll check it out.

Provos December 17th, 2020 09:06 PM

This is this odd thing when selecting the Rise of the Runelords as a source. On the Feats tabs a new subsection is added for Traits. I do not have the Use Traits/Flaws check box selected. Is there a way to make this not happen. My players are using HeroLab to create there characters and I do not want to have that option available.

Sendric December 18th, 2020 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 292381)
This is this odd thing when selecting the Rise of the Runelords as a source. On the Feats tabs a new subsection is added for Traits. I do not have the Use Traits/Flaws check box selected. Is there a way to make this not happen. My players are using HeroLab to create there characters and I do not want to have that option available.

This looks like it's built into the core system. I don't see anything immediately that can be done about it. Can you just tell your players to ignore it?

Provos December 18th, 2020 06:11 AM

Yeah I can I just thought it was strange.

Provos December 18th, 2020 08:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm making the Goblin Dog from RotRL and I am having issues with HP defaults, alignment not being True Neutral, and the skill tab showing I'm over on skill points. I have looked at other animals and I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. I have attached the .user file for the goblin dog it is self contained. Here is a link to the stats for the goblin dog everything is correct here just the errors are bugging me and I can't seem to figure out the problem.

Code:

CR 1
Male Animal, Goblin Dog (Animal, Goblin Dog +1)
Medium Humanoid
Init +2; Senses Low-Light Vision, Scent (Ex); Listen +1, Spot +1
Languages
---------------------
AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11
. . (+2 Dex)
hp 5 (1d8+2)
Immunity to Disease
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1
---------------------
Speed 50ft.
Melee weapon Bite (Animal, Goblin Dog) +2 (1d6+3) and
. . Unarmed Strike +2 (1d3+2)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Base Atk +0; Grp +2

Combat Gear (none)
---------------------
Abilities Str 15 Dex 15 Con 15 Int 2 Wis 12 Cha 8
SQ Track, Type - Animal
Feats Toughness, Track
Skills Balance +6, Hide +6, Jump +14, Move Silently +6
Possessions combat gear plus Artisan's Outfit (Free), Money
---------------------
Immunity to Disease You are immune to diseases.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Scent (Ex) Detect creatures within 15+ ft & follow tracks by sense of smell.
Track You can track opponents.
Type - Animal Unless otherwise noted animals have these features.

Dami December 18th, 2020 12:29 PM

Alignment, right hand column, near top, under "Alignment Options":
Alignment required - set to "Neutral Neutral"
In TAGS (top right corner), add two more tags
Group Id: Alignment, Tag Id: NeutralGE, Name: Neutral, Abbrev: N
Group Id: Alignment, Tag Id: NeutralLC, Name: Neutral, Abbrev: N

HP: in FIELDS (top right corner), add
Field Id: rHPStart, Value: 3

A 2 INT animal only get 1 skill point/level, ie 4 at 1 HD for d20. Pathfinder Bestiary only has "Stealth +6" under skills. Either give it a racial bonus to make up the difference or assign the 4 points differently. Why are you trying to give it high Balance and Jump?

Provos December 18th, 2020 04:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Its what is in the book statblock. Thanks for the assistance. I have everything situated now. the 3.5 version of The Burn Offering stablock for the Goblin Dog is has oblin dogs have a +4 racial bonus on Balance, Hide, and
Move Silently checks. and I didn't notice it at the bottom of the sheet. :p

Provos December 20th, 2020 07:24 PM

I thought I had this figured out but I cannot seem to make the 4 skill points to be selected automatically for the jump skill. i thought this would do it but it doesn't seem to work.

Code:

var index as number
      index = field[cClsIndex].value

hero.child[kJump].field[kInnate].arrayvalue[index] += 4

Provos December 20th, 2020 07:36 PM

A question about improvised weapons. Some of the creatures from RotRL seem to use improvised weapons. What is the best way to give the penalty to hit with the weapon?

I have also started adding all the creatures and items from RotRL to a separate .user file so I can share that when I am done making it.

I am also trying to use the tactical console to manage encounters. Is there a guide to using it?

Dami December 20th, 2020 10:15 PM

Code:

var index as number
      index = field[cClsIndex].value

hero.child[kJump].field[kInnate].arrayvalue[index] += 4

That's exactly what I've used and had it work. What Timing?
I've got Phase "First" and 100 or 5000. (I don't know why I have different priority used)

Provos December 20th, 2020 10:51 PM

Thanks Dami. When I switched the timing to "First" from "Pre-User" where I normally do thing it works.

Provos December 21st, 2020 10:07 PM

When creating the giant gecko for RotRL it has an ability called Expert Climber(EX). The ability is basically a permanent spider climb to the creature. Should I add that to the skill check or not? It already has a racial adjustment for climb and balance and the description for expert climber says it stacks. It basically allows them to take 10 on climb checks.

Provos December 22nd, 2020 11:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I took a look at copper dragon as it has the same ablity of non magical spider climb. It doesn't have the numbers added to the skill so I will leave it the same was.

I am having trouble with the editor for some of the creatures I am inputting. On some of them using the Base attack bonus area I can affect the attack bonuses for natural attack and sometimes it doesn't do anything. It doesn't even seem to change the BaB area in HeroLab when I pull the creature up. I have the same problem with the Fort, Reflex, and will save bonus area. For some creatures it works for some it doesn't. Any ideas why that is happening? Is there a better way to do it?

Sendric December 23rd, 2020 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 292457)
I took a look at copper dragon as it has the same ablity of non magical spider climb. It doesn't have the numbers added to the skill so I will leave it the same was.

I am having trouble with the editor for some of the creatures I am inputting. On some of them using the Base attack bonus area I can affect the attack bonuses for natural attack and sometimes it doesn't do anything. It doesn't even seem to change the BaB area in HeroLab when I pull the creature up. I have the same problem with the Fort, Reflex, and will save bonus area. For some creatures it works for some it doesn't. Any ideas why that is happening? Is there a better way to do it?

Difficult to say without seeing the user file or at least a portfolio showing the issue. Could be other things on the creature affecting it, or scripts over-writing the changes you make.

Provos December 24th, 2020 08:11 PM

Yeah makes sense. I think I fixed it.

I seem to need to add a source called Book of Fiends as some feats and classes for creatures are used in the adventure path. I think I should have the source in its own subscection but I am not sure how to do that. something like this
Code:

Green Ronin Publishing
  Book of Fiends

Provos December 24th, 2020 10:11 PM

OK figured out the source thing. didn't realize I need to edit the Custom-Sources.1st file. I also figured you need to reload the game system to see the changes. *facepalm*

Sendric December 26th, 2020 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 292500)
OK figured out the source thing. didn't realize I need to edit the Custom-Sources.1st file. I also figured you need to reload the game system to see the changes. *facepalm*

You don't. In fact, if you edit any files in the community set (this is one of them), those changes will get over-written with the next update. Instead, you can do one of two things. Create your own .1st file and include any sources you need or when you create your new user file, create the source on the first thing you make. This can be done in the editor by selecting "New Source" in the source selection menu.

You do need to re-load when you create new things and new sources, though. :)

Provos December 26th, 2020 06:05 AM

I did the smart thing and made a duplicate of the game system before I started doing all my changes just to make sure I don't lose anything if there is an update. =)

Provos December 26th, 2020 01:09 PM

I did make the "new source" the way you said originally but I wanted it to show up nicely too.

Provos December 26th, 2020 10:29 PM

When creating a new caster class that seems to function similar to a cleric should I make new copies of the spell or can I just use the cleric spells?

Provos December 27th, 2020 10:15 AM

I have a domain that give you x point per day based on thaumaturge Class to add to damage or attack. Can't find a eval script to duplicate any suggestions where to look, thanks.

Dami December 27th, 2020 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 292526)
When creating a new caster class that seems to function similar to a cleric should I make new copies of the spell or can I just use the cleric spells?

If a spell already exists use that - don't make a copy.

Provos December 27th, 2020 01:04 PM

I did have to make duplicates of some spells for the new domains as they had access at different levels.

Provos December 31st, 2020 06:59 AM

So I am making a class for an NPC that is from the Book of Fiends. I am trying to make the class Thaumaturge.

It seems to me I should just do an variant class of Cleric as it has spells an domains like a cleric. I tried making it its own class but couldn't get it working. The class has a special called corruptions. You roll a d100 and you get the a trait every 4 levels. see picture

How would I do that? I assume I need to add all the traits and then maybe make it a bonus feat the player must be select and it does the bonus or penalty?

Another ability is Instant Summons
Quote:

Once per day, per five levels in this class, the thaumaturge can cast a prepared summon monster of a level he can normally cast, as a free action. Monsters conjured this way must be of the following types.
How would I do this? Thanks

Provos January 1st, 2021 09:30 AM

So for the corruptions I decided to make each one a feat. I made the corruption a class ability. So now you will pick them like a fighter bonus feat every four levels. There is a rare roll that will make it a greater corruption so not sure how to do that as that is a different list of corruptions.

Provos January 3rd, 2021 05:08 PM

Is there a way to disallow ring use with a script? I looked at hand of glory script to add an extra slot so I was curious if you could change it to remove slots.

Sendric January 4th, 2021 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 292678)
So for the corruptions I decided to make each one a feat. I made the corruption a class ability. So now you will pick them like a fighter bonus feat every four levels. There is a rare roll that will make it a greater corruption so not sure how to do that as that is a different list of corruptions.

Seems to me you could make the Corruptions as Custom Abilities. Greater Corruptions could be a separate Custom Ability.

Sendric January 4th, 2021 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 292769)
Is there a way to disallow ring use with a script? I looked at hand of glory script to add an extra slot so I was curious if you could change it to remove slots.

Never tried, but it stands to reason you could reverse it. Best way to know is to try it and find out!

Provos January 4th, 2021 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 292780)
Seems to me you could make the Corruptions as Custom Abilities. Greater Corruptions could be a separate Custom Ability.

The problem is there is 20 different option for lesser and you only get 1 every 4 levels depending on what you roll on a d100. I don't know how to set it up so you get to choose one every 4 levels. My first thought was using a fight bonus feat type thing. I still have no idea how to even add that to the varient class so i just stuck to making all the corruptions until someone could answer questions to help me. :) Also some of the rolls force a greater corruption or no corruption or even two corruptions. I almost hate this class.

Sendric January 4th, 2021 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 292812)
The problem is there is 20 different option for lesser and you only get 1 every 4 levels depending on what you roll on a d100. I don't know how to set it up so you get to choose one every 4 levels. My first thought was using a fight bonus feat type thing. I still have no idea how to even add that to the varient class so i just stuck to making all the corruptions until someone could answer questions to help me. :) Also some of the rolls force a greater corruption or no corruption or even two corruptions. I almost hate this class.

That doesn't really prevent the use of custom abilities, but yea, some of these classes can be a real pain.

Is this on a class variant? You should be able to pretty easily set up how many custom abilities they get and when.

Provos January 22nd, 2021 07:45 AM

I have a few feat to create that have a class requirement and I cannot get the pre reqs working.

With the class requirement I used Spell Mastery which requires wizard 1.

tagcount[Classes.Wizard] >= 1

I get an error when I try to add class Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:
tagcount[Classes.Thaumaturge] >= 1

Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'fThgAbysFami' on line 1
-> Tag 'Classes.Thaumaturge' not defined

Thaumaturge is a class I created in this data set.

Provos January 23rd, 2021 02:34 PM

So I got confused with the latest update and ended up reinstalling herolab. I lost my deity file up uploaded on the first page of this thread and I cannot get the forums to let me download it again. I have tried a few different browsers and I keep getting a 3kb file that say there was a database error in the file when viewed with notepad++. A few browsers wouldn't even let me try to download the file. ugh, bad day for me and herolab.

Provos January 25th, 2021 09:24 AM

So I was lucky and found a copy I sent to my players via email for the deity files. I still am unable to download any attached files on the forums.

Provos January 27th, 2021 02:02 PM

I duplicated all the sinspawn and did a Replace Thing Id on them in my Paizo - Rise of the Runelord data file. They now all have two claw attacks and qualify for multiattack feat.

Provos January 28th, 2021 06:55 PM

I'm getting an error on my Attic whisperer when I load the race.

Attempt to access non-existent child pick 'kKnowLocal' from script
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'rAttcWhpr' (Eval Script '#1') near line 7
- - -

I also get Attic Whisperer: Skill points left to spend

Of course they error goes away when I select Knowledge local under additional skills. Is there anyway to force kKnowLocal to show up selected under the skills table to stop this?

Dami January 28th, 2021 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 293490)
I'm getting an error on my Attic whisperer when I load the race.

- - -

I also get Attic Whisperer: Skill points left to spend

Of course they error goes away when I select Knowledge local under additional skills. Is there anyway to force kKnowLocal to show up selected under the skills table to stop this?

No. Knowledge, Craft and Profession skills can be allocated skill points when you create a creature, but they have to be manually selected when you create the monster in a portfolio.
If you load it from the Encounter Builder (assuming there is a .stock file or associated .por file), it should already have these skills assigned.

Sendric January 29th, 2021 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 293491)
No. Knowledge, Craft and Profession skills can be allocated skill points when you create a creature, but they have to be manually selected when you create the monster in a portfolio.
If you load it from the Encounter Builder (assuming there is a .stock file or associated .por file), it should already have these skills assigned.

Actually, you can. Bootstrap the corresponding skill to the race. You'll have to re-create the race like you did with the Sinspawns.

Provos February 10th, 2021 05:08 PM

Wow it seems forums are up.