Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Feature Requests (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Preferred Text (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54449)

Grey Mage December 12th, 2015 10:45 PM

Preferred Text

I know I have read somewhere about this in another post, so feel free to move it there.

Is there a simple way to set a 'default' preferred text (font/size) so that when using the 'Text Content -> Clear Text Formatting' option it would automatically use the desired default?

Vargr December 12th, 2015 10:59 PM

Go to Manage.
Choose Preferences.
Select Styles in the left most column.

This should give you what you want.

Grey Mage December 13th, 2015 10:37 AM

Vargr

I have already done that.

None of the options there allows you to reset the basic system font/type size (Tahoma 9); it appears to be hardcoded.

Vargr December 13th, 2015 11:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
That is weird.

I will test that.

Hmm, it works here - but bear in mind that it only changes the text in the snippets (what you have typed), not the heading of the topic, the tags or the section headings and various other places. Which, I might add, looks like an oversight.

Setting the style:
Attachment 4270

The result:
Attachment 4271

I do NOT recommend those settings...

So to sum up:

The style settings seems to only alter some of the text (name, the text inside the snippets).
I would have expected it to change the text globally.

Parody December 13th, 2015 12:34 PM

Realm Works says that the style is only going to affect Text Snippets, Notes, and Journals right above the setting. You can see it in your first (way too wide!) image. :)

I thought initially that Realm Works might be at least partially keying off your system settings for some or all of the headings, but it doesn't seem to be doing that. Letting you (eventually) set the font and color for the headings seems like a reasonable feature request. Perhaps this would be a per-user feature rather than a realm setting, as the headers are different in the web client previews we've seen.

Vargr December 13th, 2015 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parody (Post 220546)
Realm Works says that the style is only going to affect Text Snippets, Notes, and Journals right above the setting. You can see it in your first (way too wide!) image. :)

[my colour coding]

I know - just now succeeded in adding an image to a post, so I guess I got carried away.

I will try to limit myself next time :-)

Parody December 13th, 2015 12:43 PM

Sorry. I do tend to harp on it sometimes. :)

Grey Mage December 13th, 2015 01:02 PM

Vargr,

Are you cut and pasting some text with different fonts and colors, then using the 'Text Content -> Clear Text Formatting' option (wrench on the right top of the snippet) to clear all previous colors, styles, fonts, sizes, etc?

What I am asking for is something that will take that 'cleared' text to a defined default text.

Parody December 13th, 2015 02:07 PM

OK, now that I understand what you're doing it looks like a bug. I'd expect the Clear Text Formatting command to reset text snippets to the formatting specified by the Normal style. You should probably submit it via the online bug reporter.

Vargr December 13th, 2015 08:32 PM

I agree with Parody, it must be a bug (or an undocumented feature).

I, too, would expect Clear Text Formatting to revert it to your default text style.

Even more strange is, that when you choose
1: Wrench to the right of snippet
2: Snippet Style
3: Normal

It just reverts to the Tahoma, size 9 regardless of what you have in styles, normal.

I guess that there are a few kinks to work out after the introduction of styles.

If you lodged a report, I am sure that it will gradually be corrected with each new release.