Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Community Created Contributions (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=65384)

Sendric January 25th, 2021 04:29 AM

Community Created Contributions

Hi. Creating this thread for users to attach any files to be added to the community set.

Might be helpful if the powers that be could Sticky this one.

Provos January 25th, 2021 07:43 AM

I have a concern with that plan. As of the past few days I cannot download any attachments. I have tried 3 computer, tablet and my phone. I used 3 different browsers with and without extensions enabled. We could make a community dropbox account or something similar.

Dami January 25th, 2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 293446)
I have a concern with that plan. As of the past few days I cannot download any attachments. I have tried 3 computer, tablet and my phone. I used 3 different browsers with and without extensions enabled. We could make a community dropbox account or something similar.

Neither can I. This is new, suggesting its a new LW problem. I have also had heaps of database errors over the last few days while trying to read or post on the forum, which may be related.

Sendric - a forum thread to drop files in is a great idea though.

Provos January 25th, 2021 06:10 PM

I added the class Thaumaturge class from is The Book of Fiends. With tons of help from Sendric. This book was need to run Erylium the quasit from Rise of the Runelords.

Know problems:
Domains for the Thaumaturge are not working right but you can still select the spells from the spell list that comes up.

Cannot attach the file at this time as the forum is acting up.

Monteparnas January 25th, 2021 11:29 PM

First of all I must thank Sendric for the thread and all the help. I'll try to attach my file.

Some stuff on this file is pure homebrew, but I made the Blackspawn Stalker from MM IV and I'm working in the Gestalt classes.

The Blackspawn Stalker is working fine. The only issue here is that its Web is showing (8/day) twice in the same line for no apparent reason. Maybe I have missed some wrong info from a Special Ability being copied from other source, but I checked it once, so there is a fair chance that there is no other issue.

If someone knows how I can make HL calculate its Spit Acid damage and show in the Specials (HD/2 in d6), it would be nice, as would its attack bonus (it is a Ranged Touch instead of a line area, for reasons).

On the Gestalt project I ran into some variable issues. To make it viable I'm creating the Variants in a way that adapting them is as easy as possible, and not only will this make my work easier, I included a guide to make the user's work as easy as possible. I think it is good, but I would like comments on the guides.

My most general issue is that I don't know how to make the added abilities to appear in the references for Special inside the class tab, that grey star and the 'Special Abilities' buttom. For the Barbarian this is the only standing issue.

Also I don't know how to make the added class count for pre-requisites verification. For most this is only an issue when picking Variants, but the Fighter needs this to pick the specific feats and the Sorcery have several feats that work this way, too. Maybe the Monk for Stunning Fist, IDK. Adding the tag Classes.Fighter didn't worked, though maybe it will for the Sorcerer.

Like that but minor I'm stuck with adding Variants on top of the added class. Putting aside the validation error, adding Variants do add the new abilities and non-base bonuses, but does not remove the abilities they should. I don't know how deep is this rabbit hole, though.

Getting rid of the pre-requisites for the Monk's feats also eluded me, and so I couldn't test if their level requirement is working either, although I don't think so. I couldn't add an Ex-member box through the variant, if someone can help with this (although I personally don't use the rule almost never as DM).

Casters are a problem, but I did found a convoluted way around the second spell tab issue. For now it is based on a lot of effort: add a special class with no abilities, just the full spellcasting progression of the desired class, a single level of it, get rid of the excess Hit Points and Skill Points through Adjustment and reduce the ECL with a Template with this sole effect. It doesn't adjust for the actual extra HD, though. I would like a way to code as much as possible of those changes directly in the special class and code some way to reduce Total HD, so the HL won't give feats and ability increases out of synch.

You may have some interest in the few other stuff in the file. There is a gestalt-like adaptation for Maho spellcasting from Oriental Adventures meant to recreate some aspects of the Rokugan setting as it is in its native L5R K&R System. There is a couple magic items made for a version of Sun Wukong more in line with its depiction in the original Journey to the West. And there is a Wereweasel (Dire Weasel).

No luck with attaching the file, though, so it will have to be through another means.

Sendric January 26th, 2021 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monteparnas (Post 293455)
No luck with attaching the file, though, so it will have to be through another means.

The forum certainly has been a pit prickly of late. I've sent you a message that includes my email address. You can send me files that way for now. I can definitely help resolve some of these outstanding issues.

Hopefully, the forums get some maintenance. In the meantime, please use this thread to discuss community contributions. Even if we can't attach them here, it's going to be a lot easier for me if I don't have to look in a million places to keep track of everything.

Monteparnas February 11th, 2021 01:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now that the forum is back and attachments are working I'm sending through here my .user file.

Without help and waiting for the forum stabilization I took my time to start another project bigger than my head, I'm coding Legend of 5 Rings 4th Edition into HL. This won't go far, but it is helping a lot with learning how to code in HL, which is the true goal.

Even then, maybe I've added one or two things, I'm not sure, but everything is commented anyways. I'll take my time with some other stuff and then try to crack down the bugs before furthering the main Gestalt project.

Spyderbane February 11th, 2021 03:37 PM

Poison Craft

1 Attachment(s)
Here are the Feats for PoisonCraft

Sendric February 12th, 2021 04:14 AM

Things have been a little insane on this end. Thanks for the contributions. I will try to get to them in the next week or two. Glad to see the forums are back up at least.

Illyahr February 12th, 2021 12:54 PM

I've got a few things that I've been working on also. I'll pop them in here when I get a free moment. I'm also going to try to do that backlog of requested content

Provos February 12th, 2021 05:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is Green Ronin games Book of Fiends thamaturge class. This is the class used in Rise of the Runelords for the quasit in book one.

Spyderbane February 13th, 2021 12:00 PM

Poison Craft

1 Attachment(s)
Here is everything from "Poisoncraft: The Dark Art" except for prestige classes (6 classes) and templates (2 templates). Those are a bit too complicated for me to perform.

Sendric February 25th, 2021 05:10 AM

I've added Book of Fiends and Poisoncraft to the next release.

Monte, gonna take a look at your stuff today. I will probably need to break the file up to put things in their proper sources. Will discuss with that means for you when I've gotten through it.

I've moved Blackspawn Stalker over to the MMIV file and adjusted the source. I've also added the Spit Acid weapon with auto-calculations and fixed the Web name to remove the extra 8/day text.

Monte, this change will require you to delete any duplicate things in your file once you get the update. I can email you the changes if you like.

Sendric February 25th, 2021 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyderbane (Post 293551)
Here is everything from "Poisoncraft: The Dark Art" except for prestige classes (6 classes) and templates (2 templates). Those are a bit too complicated for me to perform.

Note: It appears Cautious Harvester has an erroneous source of "SW". I've fixed this on my end, but please let me know if this is meant to be something other than Poisoncraft.

Monteparnas February 25th, 2021 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 293803)
I can email you the changes if you like.

I would to help me understand the process, otherwise as expected. Just let me know as things are added so I'm aware of what I have to delete on my end.

Some stuff happened here to put the Gestalt on hold for a time, but I don't think it will be for long. The delay is actually mostly because I have some idea on a way to maybe solve the extra spell tab issue for good, but it will take time to run the tests I need. Can't make promises, but it is worth trying.

Sendric February 28th, 2021 09:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the updated MMIV file. You'll need to delete the following things from your homebrew file:

rBlkSpSt
xBkSpAcBt
xBkSpRcTl
xBkSpDbWb
xBkSpTmBl
xBkSpSpAc

I added a script to Spit Acid to automatically determine the damage dice for the attack, and the natural weapon was bootstrapped directly to the race.

For Web, I merely removed the "8/Day" text you were manually adding. When a special is set to uses per day it automatically adds that information into the livename.

Illyahr February 28th, 2021 10:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Extra line of code added that removes abilities replaced with variants from appearing in the class mouseover. Not really all that big a thing, just helps clean up the interface a bit.

Spyderbane February 28th, 2021 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 293804)
Note: It appears Cautious Harvester has an erroneous source of "SW". I've fixed this on my end, but please let me know if this is meant to be something other than Poisoncraft.

It's not needed for anything else. Looks like I accidently attached it to my Homebrew source instead of PoisonCraft.

Sendric March 3rd, 2021 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 293542)
Here is Green Ronin games Book of Fiends thamaturge class. This is the class used in Rise of the Runelords for the quasit in book one.

Hi Provos. I added this file. I had to modify the domains and spells to match how things are currently done. Many of the spells your domains were pointing to are obsolete spells. Not a big deal, but you should know for when you get the update you may have some issues with any portfolios that use those domains/spells.

Provos March 4th, 2021 04:09 PM

Yeah I was having a problem with determining what spells to you as there is no list of of obsolete spells. I went through the list and picked the one from the latest published sources.

Sendric March 5th, 2021 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 293919)
Yeah I was having a problem with determining what spells to you as there is no list of of obsolete spells. I went through the list and picked the one from the latest published sources.

Obsolete spells are marked with the tag "Helper.Obsolete". This, obviously, isn't much help when selecting spells for a domain, but it's best to remember the new spells thingid are structured as such: spSpell1

Every new spell's thing id begins with sp, then an abbreviation of the spell name, then a number indicating the level of the spell.

Illyahr March 17th, 2021 02:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished the prestige classes from Complete Divine and the Dawnstar relic.

Sendric March 18th, 2021 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 294262)
Finished the prestige classes from Complete Divine and the Dawnstar relic.

Got it! Thanks.

PS. If anyone decides to grab this, you'll need to create a 6th level version of the spell Antipathy with the thingid "spAntipat6". This can be easily done in the Players Handbook 1 user file by duplicating the 7th level version, applying the id and changing the level.

Illyahr April 2nd, 2021 09:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Added an item I didn't put in.

Sendric April 5th, 2021 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 294483)
Added an item I didn't put in.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to download this. Maybe you could zip it up instead?

Provos April 5th, 2021 08:27 AM

It seems all downloads are broken for me.

Sendric April 19th, 2021 04:24 AM

Looks like things are working again. I've downloaded the file and will add it to the next release.

Illyahr June 19th, 2021 01:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the Paragon classes and some of the class variants done. I'll do more but I figured an update was in order :)

Sendric June 20th, 2021 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 295509)
Got the Paragon classes and some of the class variants done. I'll do more but I figured an update was in order :)

Great! Thanks. I was thinking about when the next release should be. Probably after I finish adding the armor and weapon crystals.

Provos June 28th, 2021 01:11 PM

If you do an update remember the Age of Worms user file is actually the deity list for Dark Sun.

Dami June 29th, 2021 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 295628)
If you do an update remember the Age of Worms user file is actually the deity list for Dark Sun.

Your post made me go and check that file. I don't know about Dark Sun - as far as I know Arthas has NO deities in any edition. The "Age of Worms" user file has (only) a bunch of Greyhawk gods, and all the text in it references Oerth.
We already have 2 user files full of a much greater list of Greyhawk deities.

Provos June 29th, 2021 07:48 AM

Thanks for noticing they were Greyhawk deities saves some time on my end. I made the file long ago and somehow it get mixed in with my dark sun stuff. I think Dark Sun only has some kind of clerics but cannot remember how it works offhand.

Sendric June 30th, 2021 07:24 AM

Soooo....do I need to do anything with the file at this point?

Provos June 30th, 2021 12:16 PM

Yeah just delete it. It is just redundant dieties from greyhawk it seems.

Illyahr August 15th, 2021 10:30 AM

Modified the Hexblade class as recommended by one of the Wizards R&D guys. Original thread is nonexistent now due to Wizards restructuring their website but it is quoted frequently, as appears here.

Edit: Ugh, nevermind. File is to large to put in here.

Sendric September 21st, 2021 08:09 AM

Is anybody close to adding some content? I'm thinking of putting out a release later this week.

Provos September 21st, 2021 10:53 PM

I just have the rise of the runelord stuff I have been working on. There is a lot more to go but I can add what I have done already.

Sendric September 22nd, 2021 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 296787)
I just have the rise of the runelord stuff I have been working on. There is a lot more to go but I can add what I have done already.

Up to you. This feels like the kind of that could wait until you're done, but if you want to add it now that's fine too.

Provos September 23rd, 2021 10:38 AM

Ok we can wait. =)

Illyahr September 26th, 2021 11:35 AM

I'm not working on anything that would be replaced, so I'm good :)