Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Foundry loose integration (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=65924)

Farling September 2nd, 2021 07:29 AM

0.5.2 fixes issues with Actor processing...

Ensure that ALL portfolios + statblocks in a topic are converted into Actors (instead of just the first one).

Prevent error when filename is missing for a portfolio or statblock.

Improve error logging to the console, particularly during actor creation.

Do NOT create actors in a topic when the actors are actually stored in a child topic (they are created for the child topic only).

The name of Actors created from Statblocks will now use the name from the snippet, and appended with the annotation if present (preceded by ":").

Fix an issue with processing a .por directly would fail if a character in the file had minions.

Farling September 3rd, 2021 01:46 PM

0.5.5 fixes some issues...

Links to the parent topic, and links to child topics, will now only contain the public name of the topic and will NOT include all the aliases.

Folders will be created with sorting set to MANUAL rather than AUTOMATIC, so that items in the folder retain the same order as in RW.

Speed up creation of Scenes by creating all Notes in a single call to the server.

Farling September 4th, 2021 01:40 AM

0.6.0 improves the decoding of PF1 actors from HL portfolios

Attempt to automatically populate the Combat tab of Actors from all the weapons in their inventory.
Detect "masterwork" and "+X" weapons and armour (doesn't work if the item name has other item properties in it).

Farling September 4th, 2021 03:10 PM

0.6.1 adds more to PF1 Actor decoding:
Non-weapon attacks now added to COMBAT tab in the "Natural Attacks" section.
Special Attacks (probably from classes & feats) are added to the MISC section of the COMBAT tab.

Farling September 16th, 2021 07:03 AM

0.7.0 adds support for decoding Call of Cthulhu portfolios into Actors.

It works much better if the Foundry compendium and/or Items Directory contain definitions for weapons, skills, books and spells.

Sword_of_Spirit September 25th, 2021 12:01 AM

I noticed that the prefixes and suffixes for topics aren't showing up in links to the topic (though you can see them from the topic entry itself). Is there anyway to have them show up in the link itself? I have quite a lot of duplicated names. Some are structural like a layer or domain in an outer plane having the same name as the plane itself, while others are similarly named dungeon rooms in different dungeons. So it's quite confusing when I can't see the prefixes and suffixes right on the link for clarification.

Gord September 26th, 2021 08:14 AM

Thanks to other paperwork pressures, I haven't been keeping up lately even though I still use RW for my D&D sessions. While I bought in to Foundry when they first asked for support after hearing about it, I had issues with installation on my main desktop and never really did anything with it. To be honest, the technobabble by all the smart people on the discord server scared me off. I'm fairly savvy but not to that degree. This might give me the incentive to start working on setting it up again when I get some time. Thanks for doing it.

It's hard to believe that it's been over 47 years that I've been playing and how far D&D has come since 74.

Sword_of_Spirit September 26th, 2021 11:05 PM

Also, I noticed a couple other weird things.

-On some of my maps the pins are showing up just fine. On other maps they aren't. So my Waterdeep Dock Ward has no pins, but my South Ward has all its pins, and I can't see any reason why.
-Some topics also aren't listing their governing topic.
-Links back to my home/starting point page are broken

I have my governed content depth set to 1, if that makes a difference.

Farling September 27th, 2021 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit (Post 296824)
I noticed that the prefixes and suffixes for topics aren't showing up in links to the topic (though you can see them from the topic entry itself). Is there anyway to have them show up in the link itself? I have quite a lot of duplicated names. Some are structural like a layer or domain in an outer plane having the same name as the plane itself, while others are similarly named dungeon rooms in different dungeons. So it's quite confusing when I can't see the prefixes and suffixes right on the link for clarification.

The text on the link should match the text in the original article, so if the article containing the link didn't use the prefix or suffix then the imported FVTT journal entry won't have that extra text either.

I'm not sure about the FVTT capabilities for links as to whether they show a different icon depending on the thing connected to the link (e.g. journal entry or actor).

Farling September 27th, 2021 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit (Post 296839)
Also, I noticed a couple other weird things.

-On some of my maps the pins are showing up just fine. On other maps they aren't. So my Waterdeep Dock Ward has no pins, but my South Ward has all its pins, and I can't see any reason why.
-Some topics also aren't listing their governing topic.
-Links back to my home/starting point page are broken

I have my governed content depth set to 1, if that makes a difference.

If something doesn't go as expected, it is worth checking the console of your browser (press F12 on windows/Linux to see it). There might be warnings or errors being reported there.

If nothing is obvious, would you mind PMing me a link to your RWoutput file so that I can run it myself and see where the issues might be? If so, could you give me the name of the journal entries that are lacking links to governing topic too please.

Farling September 27th, 2021 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gord (Post 296833)
Thanks to other paperwork pressures, I haven't been keeping up lately even though I still use RW for my D&D sessions. While I bought in to Foundry when they first asked for support after hearing about it, I had issues with installation on my main desktop and never really did anything with it. To be honest, the technobabble by all the smart people on the discord server scared me off. I'm fairly savvy but not to that degree. This might give me the incentive to start working on setting it up again when I get some time. Thanks for doing it.

It's hard to believe that it's been over 47 years that I've been playing and how far D&D has come since 74.

There is quite a technical group running and supporting FVTT. I've now got Foundry running on Oracle Cloud which they (Oracle) market as free forever (unlike AWS which only give you 1 year free).

Sword_of_Spirit September 28th, 2021 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 296840)
The text on the link should match the text in the original article, so if the article containing the link didn't use the prefix or suffix then the imported FVTT journal entry won't have that extra text either.

Ah, got it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 296841)
If something doesn't go as expected, it is worth checking the console of your browser (press F12 on windows/Linux to see it). There might be warnings or errors being reported there.

If nothing is obvious, would you mind PMing me a link to your RWoutput file so that I can run it myself and see where the issues might be? If so, could you give me the name of the journal entries that are lacking links to governing topic too please.

The console is giving a couple of warnings about two of my maps (they are gifs, so it doesn't like them), and Foundry's own stream of upload notifications gives me "You may not upload non-media files which would overwrite an existing file on the server" which I would assume is just echoing the same incompatibility with gifs, but there seem to be more than two of them, so I'm not entirely sure.

I can't seem to find any missing governing content anymore, and I can't remember the specific ones I saw, so I'm going to hope that one was just user error unless I see it again.

But I have been able to repeatedly replicate the issue with map notes disappearing.

When I run the tool on a brand new empty world, the scenes all have their map notes intact. But as soon as I activate a module, some of the scenes inexplicably lose all their map notes forever.

And it doesn't seem to matter what module I activate! I've tried it with TidyUI-Game Settings, and then I made a new world and tried it with Pings, and then another world and Better Rolls for 5e. I figured three completely unrelated modules was enough to establish some sort of pattern so I stopped checking at that point.

I'm going to send you a link to the file.

Farling September 28th, 2021 04:00 PM

I will look at enabling a module such as you list above after the import to see what happens, and to what map pins.

I'm testing an improvement for the Governed Content links which will include the prefix and/or suffix in the titles for those particular links.

Farling September 29th, 2021 03:14 AM

Version 0.8.0 is out.

It fixes an issue with scene notes not being saved when the world is restarted.

It converts GIF images to PNG images so that they can be used for scene backgrounds.

It displays the FULL name (prefix + title + suffix) for topic links in the Governed Content and Governing Content of journal entries.

Farling September 30th, 2021 04:56 AM

Version 0.8.1 fixes a problem with the Governing/Governed links not working as soon as a child topic with an & in the topic name is encountered.

Farling September 30th, 2021 03:25 PM

Version 0.9.0 adds creation of RollTables from the Tables in your RW snippets.
BUG FIX for Actors not being created from Statblock snippets.

RollTables are created from the Tables that you've got in your RW snippets.
Formatting is retained where appropriate.
Links and in-line dice rolls are created within the RollTable result details where applicable.

The first row of the table is assumed to be titles, and will not be added to the RollTable.
The first column of the table must contain the rolled number(s), either as a single number, two numbers separated by a dash, or two numbers separated by a comma.
The second column of the table is used to populate the RollTable (although if the second column contains all blank entries then the third column will be used instead).
If the title of the first column is a valid dice roll syntax then it will be used as the formula for the table, otherwise the formula will be calculated by examining the lowest and highest numbers in the table and creating a single dice roll with a fixed addition.
A link to the RollTable is added to the end of the converted section within the corresponding Journal Entry.

Sword_of_Spirit October 10th, 2021 10:28 PM

[Edited to add some issues]

Loving it.

A few other issues I found:

1) Within topics, governed content, relationships, and inbound/outbound links aren't in alphabetical order, even though that's how Realm Works displays them. It gets a bit unwieldy without that alphabetization with a lot of those links.

2) Some links aren't there. For instance on my Arvandor topic (the domain of the Seldarine, not the layer that governs it), in Foundry some of the deities' name's are not clickable links, though they are in Realm Works. Labelas Enorath and Shevarash are examples in the file I sent.

3) Some links are dead, and outlined in dotted red lines, even though they work fine within Realm Works. On my Portals of the Multiverse topic, you can see five of them as examples.

Farling October 11th, 2021 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit (Post 296998)
[Edited to add some issues]

Loving it.

A few other issues I found:

1) Within topics, governed content, relationships, and inbound/outbound links aren't in alphabetical order, even though that's how Realm Works displays them. It gets a bit unwieldy without that alphabetization with a lot of those links.

2) Some links aren't there. For instance on my Arvandor topic (the domain of the Seldarine, not the layer that governs it), in Foundry some of the deities' name's are not clickable links, though they are in Realm Works. Labelas Enorath and Shevarash are examples in the file I sent.

3) Some links are dead, and outlined in dotted red lines, even though they work fine within Realm Works. On my Portals of the Multiverse topic, you can see five of them as examples.

For ordering purposes, the same order is used as they appear in the RWoutput file. I don't know if RW allows child topics to be arranged in a non-alphabetical order within RW itself.

I will have another look to see what links might be missing. I think there are some links which it isn't possible to re-create because of the way that "aliases" are handled in the RWoutput file.

I've found one issue where topics with special characters in their title weren't linking properly, so a topic with a name like "pie & mash" would cause links to it to be created as broken links.

Sword_of_Spirit October 12th, 2021 02:52 AM

I think child topics in RW are always alphabetized, which is how I like it anyway, so it threw me off when they weren't ordered right in Foundry.

If aliases don't work, I might have to go through and convert some links before exporting. I've become used to using everything from aliases to custom links based on what looked best in the particular context. What are the limitations on which ones don't work?

One of the broken links is my "Welcome to the Realm" homepage. I wonder if it might not work because it is a unique topic in RW with no topic type.

Farling October 12th, 2021 05:33 AM

Version 0.9.1 fixes a bug where links were broken if the topic title contained an ampersand (&).

Farling October 12th, 2021 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit (Post 297017)
I think child topics in RW are always alphabetized, which is how I like it anyway, so it threw me off when they weren't ordered right in Foundry.

If aliases don't work, I might have to go through and convert some links before exporting. I've become used to using everything from aliases to custom links based on what looked best in the particular context. What are the limitations on which ones don't work?

One of the broken links is my "Welcome to the Realm" homepage. I wonder if it might not work because it is a unique topic in RW with no topic type.

Hi,

As you can see, I've pushed out a small update to deal with topic with & in the title.

I need to check aliases again.

The issue is that the RWoutput file only contains the text for the link inside a "span" element, with no mention as to where that link is actually connected.

For each topic, the RWoutput file also has a list of "linkages", but there's no indication as to where each linkage appears in the actual topic!

Because only the text of the link is in a "span", sometimes the import module will see a "span" and assume that it is a link - and so might create a broken link rather than not showing any type of link at all. This is the reason that "Himinborg" appears to be a link the Portals topic.

The RWoutput file you previously sent me didn't include the topic called "Welcome to 'The Realm'" so I see broken links to that topic when I test with your file.

I tried creating some additional links in one of my own realms, and they appeared in the RWoutput with NO span at all; so the import module didn't think that there were any links at all in that topic.

I may have to revisit whether I should be using the RWexport file as the basis for the import - but that gets far more complicated in processing the XML file.

Sword_of_Spirit October 13th, 2021 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 297019)
Hi,

As you can see, I've pushed out a small update to deal with topic with & in the title.

Thanks!

Quote:

I need to check aliases again.

The issue is that the RWoutput file only contains the text for the link inside a "span" element, with no mention as to where that link is actually connected.

For each topic, the RWoutput file also has a list of "linkages", but there's no indication as to where each linkage appears in the actual topic!

Because only the text of the link is in a "span", sometimes the import module will see a "span" and assume that it is a link - and so might create a broken link rather than not showing any type of link at all. This is the reason that "Himinborg" appears to be a link the Portals topic.
Himinborg should be a real link, but it's a custom link to "1st - Ysgard (Layer)", which is probably at least as tricky as a link to an alias.

Quote:

The RWoutput file you previously sent me didn't include the topic called "Welcome to 'The Realm'" so I see broken links to that topic when I test with your file.
That's actually the name of my RW home page--the one you get when you click the house button next to the back button. Looking at it, it seems its topic category is "Realm Starting Point".

Quote:

I tried creating some additional links in one of my own realms, and they appeared in the RWoutput with NO span at all; so the import module didn't think that there were any links at all in that topic.

I may have to revisit whether I should be using the RWexport file as the basis for the import - but that gets far more complicated in processing the XML file.
I'll be happy with whatever we end up with. It's really useful in any event. As long as I know what glitches aren't fixable I can try to work around them.

Also, the roll table extraction is really cool! I can see a few of my random encounter tables got converted. I'll check and see if there are others that didn't and what the differences might be.

Farling October 15th, 2021 04:20 AM

Release 1.0.0 is out

There is a big change with this release, in that it will read RWEXPORT files, not rwoutput files.

By reading the rwexport file it will allow all links to be created properly, and allows for better features in the future.

TRUE NAME is now identified in the topic's list of aliases.
The Category of each topic is listed at the top of the journal entry.
Date fields will have a different format, since rwexport doesn't have the "display" option that was present in rwoutput files.

Farling October 15th, 2021 03:04 PM

1.0.1 fixes a bug introduced in 1.0.0 where links were mis-aligned within or after a table appearing in a snippet.

Sword_of_Spirit October 15th, 2021 08:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I attached a picture of some warnings I got on import. I'm not sure if they mean some of my topics didn't make it through.

Looks like the custom Himinborg link works now.

This time the links to "Welcome to 'The Realm'" are completely missing, not even listed but broken.

Farling October 16th, 2021 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit (Post 297046)
I attached a picture of some warnings I got on import. I'm not sure if they mean some of my topics didn't make it through.

Looks like the custom Himinborg link works now.

This time the links to "Welcome to 'The Realm'" are completely missing, not even listed but broken.

I will need to fix the wording of that particular error report.

It indicates that the identified numbered topic does not exist within the RWEXPORT file.

Does your RWEXPORT contain everything in your realm, or is it a partial export?

Farling October 16th, 2021 08:54 AM

Version 1.1.0 sorts Governed Content and Content Links alphabetically.
It also provides a better warning message when a link is to a topic not found in the rwexport file.

Farling October 16th, 2021 09:00 AM

I should add that 1.0.0 onwards should always correctly create links regardless of whether the text is the real topic title, an alias, or a manual link created on non-matching text.

Farling October 16th, 2021 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit (Post 297020)
That's actually the name of my RW home page--the one you get when you click the house button next to the back button. Looking at it, it seems its topic category is "Realm Starting Point".

I think this is a BUG in Realm Works: the HOME PAGE topic is not put into the Realm Works Export file.

This will affect anybody who tries to use that page in a realm that they want to export to another user.

Links TO the home page do get put into the Export file, but the topic to which the link points does not get created - maybe this will generate an exception/error during import into a new realm.

Even the "Duplicate Topic" link is disabled, so it isn't a trivial matter to make it a normal topic within Realm Works.

Farling October 17th, 2021 04:24 AM

Version 1.1.1 is out.

Fix the labels on map pins.
Don't include aliases in the name of RollTables.
Remove old code that supported RWoutput files.

Sword_of_Spirit October 18th, 2021 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 297054)
I will need to fix the wording of that particular error report.

It indicates that the identified numbered topic does not exist within the RWEXPORT file.

Does your RWEXPORT contain everything in your realm, or is it a partial export?

It's a full export. I tried it again with the updated importer and I didn't get any warnings this time, so maybe something is different, or maybe it was just a glitch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 297054)
I think this is a BUG in Realm Works: the HOME PAGE topic is not put into the Realm Works Export file.

This will affect anybody who tries to use that page in a realm that they want to export to another user.

Links TO the home page do get put into the Export file, but the topic to which the link points does not get created - maybe this will generate an exception/error during import into a new realm.

Even the "Duplicate Topic" link is disabled, so it isn't a trivial matter to make it a normal topic within Realm Works.

I don't really need the home page, since making a custom landing page in Foundry is probably better practice anyway, and it can include all the links I want from the RW home page.

I will note that the links to it in the import seem to have vanished. So rather than broken links there is nothing. That's not a problem, since otherwise I'd have to delete them manually, but it seems to differ from the expected behavior as I understand it, so I wanted to report on it.

Is it possible to also alphabetically sort the Relationships? I think that's about the only issue I can see left. Everything else seems to be working great.

Farling October 18th, 2021 05:40 AM

Version 1.2 is now available.

It contains improvements for the presentation of Connections:

They are sorted in alphabetical order of the linked topics.
They are put into a bullet list instead of just separate paragraphs.
The link information is all presented before the link, and only enough text displayed to show the full connection.

Farling October 20th, 2021 02:19 AM

Version 1.3

Two new processing modes have been added:

Only import NEW topics
Any already-imported topics will remain untouched; only new topics will be processed to create new items in your Foundry world.

Overwrite previously imported things
This will overwrite the contents of world things, but will retain the same foundry IDs so that manual links are retained.
Unfortunately, Actors will be deleted and created again (new IDs) since there is no simple way to edit everything attached to an Actor.
Any changes made locally to these things within Foundry VTT will be lost.
Note that this option will NOT delete anything that was previously created but no longer exists in the import file. (maybe a future evolution).

Also:
d% should be recognised as a valid dice formula when creating RollTables (it will be replaced with d100).

Sword_of_Spirit October 20th, 2021 10:48 PM

Awesome.

I noticed some of the Relationships are coming through odd, so I made a test topic to see which ones were affected.

The following Relationship types are showing up as "undefined":

Family Relationship to: Immediate Ancestor of
Family Relationship to: Offspring of
Family Relationship to: Union with

Also, with using the RW export instead of RW output, would it allow for an option to have unrevealed snippets show up in Foundry's secret style?

Farling October 21st, 2021 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit (Post 297126)
Awesome.

I noticed some of the Relationships are coming through odd, so I made a test topic to see which ones were affected.

The following Relationship types are showing up as "undefined":

Family Relationship to: Immediate Ancestor of
Family Relationship to: Offspring of
Family Relationship to: Union with

Also, with using the RW export instead of RW output, would it allow for an option to have unrevealed snippets show up in Foundry's secret style?

I've identified the wrong relationships, and I'm about to release an update that uses all the correct text (to match what you see in RW).

For unrevealed snippets, do you think that this should only be done in journal entries which are marked as revealed? Otherwise the import will end up marking entire journal entries as secret text.

Farling October 21st, 2021 12:49 AM

1.3.1 fixes an issue with relationships sometimes being reported as "undefined".

Sword_of_Spirit October 21st, 2021 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 297127)
I've identified the wrong relationships, and I'm about to release an update that uses all the correct text (to match what you see in RW).

For unrevealed snippets, do you think that this should only be done in journal entries which are marked as revealed? Otherwise the import will end up marking entire journal entries as secret text.

I'd probably pick it applying to unrevealed entries by default. That's just a matter of preference. If I reveal an entry and don't want the party to know everything about it, I'll have to either remove the secret formatting from the parts I want them to see, or add it to the parts I don't. Since I often start out with them only getting small bits of information about a topic, having to manually un-secret the info is likely the better option for me. (It's obviously a chore to do compared to RW, but I'll have to do it one way or another regardless.)

Farling October 21st, 2021 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit (Post 297129)
I'd probably pick it applying to unrevealed entries by default. That's just a matter of preference. If I reveal an entry and don't want the party to know everything about it, I'll have to either remove the secret formatting from the parts I want them to see, or add it to the parts I don't. Since I often start out with them only getting small bits of information about a topic, having to manually un-secret the info is likely the better option for me. (It's obviously a chore to do compared to RW, but I'll have to do it one way or another regardless.)

I'm working on this at the moment. It gets a lot more complex when you consider how reveal affects linking - the relationships and governed content need to have links hidden if they aren't revealed (or the topic to which they're connected isn't revealed).

And whilst writing the above I've realised that links within the body of the text can't really be replaced with just the text if the linked topic isn't already revealed. I don't have a solution for this particular aspect (other than creating completely separate PLAYER and GM versions of each revealed topic).

Maybe I should simplify this by having a switch for reveal processing. If the TOPIC is revealed, then the body will ONLY contain revealed content - so links to unrevealed topics can be created as normal text. If the topic is NOT revealed, then it will contain everything (since the assumption is that the topic is only of interest to the GM).

Sword_of_Spirit October 22nd, 2021 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 297149)
I'm working on this at the moment. It gets a lot more complex when you consider how reveal affects linking - the relationships and governed content need to have links hidden if they aren't revealed (or the topic to which they're connected isn't revealed).

And whilst writing the above I've realised that links within the body of the text can't really be replaced with just the text if the linked topic isn't already revealed. I don't have a solution for this particular aspect (other than creating completely separate PLAYER and GM versions of each revealed topic).

Maybe I should simplify this by having a switch for reveal processing. If the TOPIC is revealed, then the body will ONLY contain revealed content - so links to unrevealed topics can be created as normal text. If the topic is NOT revealed, then it will contain everything (since the assumption is that the topic is only of interest to the GM).

Yeah, I hadn't thought about the complication with links.

I can't think of a really good solution. I'd want all the material to come across--most of my topics are only partially revealed, and it would be a real pain to have to go through each one of them after import and copy+paste all the info in from RW.

Maybe the best way is to not worry about it at all, and just have a note that the conversion process doesn't preserve unrevealed states. I could just manually convert all my unrevealed snippets in RW to DM only text before bringing them across so they'll be secret in Foundry; and then after import manually hide the links.

Edit: I just noticed that there is no scene padding. Is there a way to add scene padding on import without it throwing off the map pins?

Farling October 22nd, 2021 04:33 AM

1.4 is available

FIX: Custom section names should now be decoded properly.
IMPROVEMENT: bold and italic text now encoded as strong and em text (to match how Foundry VTT does it).
FEATURE: Add option to include numbering on section headers, emulating the numbering in Realm Works.
CHANGE: Connections and Content Links now use same topic name format as in Realm Works "topicname ( suffix - prefix )", rather than the format used in topic titles and governed content "prefix - topicname (suffix)".
FEATURE: Add option to handle REVEALED state of things. If a topic is revealed, then its contents will be only the snippets that are revealed, and actors/tables/playlists will only be created from that topic if the containing snippets are revealed, and the topic will have its permissions set for players to be OBSERVERS. For topics which are not revealed, the full contents will be created (and the observer will NOT be set).

This has a first attempt at providing some capability for handling the reveal state of topics and snippets.