Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

ekendra July 18th, 2014 11:54 AM

Thanks for that reply.

So now I'm going through and creating the .por files for all the encounters I expect might take place our next gaming session.

Most of the work is done, it seems, when I select the race and/or class. I have noticed a few discrepancies between the preloaded stats and what is listed in the manuals. No biggie though as I like that I can customise each creature a little. For example, in a gang of goblins there would most likely be a dominant goblin who may hit a bit harder or have some special ability. This just makes for more interesting and customised game play.

Still, it would be nice to build up a shared community resource for .por or .stock files to lighten the workload a bit more. I'm new to Hero Lab so I don't know if I'd be violating any licence by starting a thread to share the files I've done?

What do you think?

ShadowChemosh July 18th, 2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekendra (Post 187909)
Thanks for that reply.

So now I'm going through and creating the .por files for all the encounters I expect might take place our next gaming session.

If you drop your those files you made into your ProgramData\Herolab\data\d20 folder then the EB will pick them up.

Quote:

Most of the work is done, it seems, when I select the race and/or class. I have noticed a few discrepancies between the preloaded stats and what is listed in the manuals.

You may find allot of those mistakes are from the MM itself not from HL. :)

Quote:

Still, it would be nice to build up a shared community resource for .por or .stock files to lighten the workload a bit more. I'm new to Hero Lab so I don't know if I'd be violating any licence by starting a thread to share the files I've done?

What do you think?

Sendric will be around and if he wishes it you can easily share these with the community. Then Sendric could build the stock files to include if he wishes.

If we go that way we have a shared dropbox folder that you could upload the files too.

Sendric July 18th, 2014 05:22 PM

I'm always happy to take new stuff for the community set. I've actually been toying with the idea of putting together some .por or .stock files, but I think I would make it a separate release from the regular community set for the reasons Shadow touched on earlier. Adding these files in can rapidly increase the size of the release, and I think it might be better to separate them so that only the people who actually want it need to download the larger file.

Feel free to email me (sendric [at] google [dot] com). I can give you the dropbox information or answer any other questions you may have.

mirtos July 19th, 2014 10:30 PM

There are some feats that require "Epic Hero", but there doesnt seem to be anything that can be done to give them this.

Is this a tag or something that i can assign?

Sendric July 20th, 2014 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirtos (Post 187969)
There are some feats that require "Epic Hero", but there doesnt seem to be anything that can be done to give them this.

Is this a tag or something that i can assign?

There's a bug reported against HL for this. Hopefully Shadow will take a look at it. In the meantime, you could try seeing if you can assign the Hero.Epic tag to any hero with at least 21 levels. I would make a condition (or use an existing one) to put the script on. That way its on all heroes.

mirtos July 20th, 2014 10:57 AM

Yep, that worked. Thanks.

ekendra July 20th, 2014 03:26 PM

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll just start a thread in the d20 forum and post links to my .por files uploaded to my dropbox. I'll include some basic instructions where to put them in the file structure and encourage other d20 hero lab users to share theirs. That way people can pick and choose the ones they want to download and use and aren't forced to download any huge bundle.

I definitely agree that this should be separate from all the good work you've already done Sendric. I'm really impressed by the effort you've put in and our game benefits from that too.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/dcc...i6lpaldu6g.jpg

Sendric July 20th, 2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekendra (Post 188042)
I definitely agree that this should be separate from all the good work you've already done Sendric. I'm really impressed by the effort you've put in and our game benefits from that too.

Thank you, but make no mistake, I am not alone. TobyFox has really stepped up of late and added a bunch of stuff, and of course without Shadow and LawfulG himself (now cleverly disguised as Aaron), this never would have gotten started in the first place. Others have contributed as well, and I always try to make sure they get the credit they deserve when announcing the new release.

TobyFox2002 July 21st, 2014 12:57 PM

I have run into this several times, especially with my two attempts at adding stuff from the epic level handbook (both failures). The simplest way to do this is as Sendric has suggested until it is resolved and [for feats] don't mark them as Epic Level, as that automatically adds the prerequisite that always comes up as false.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 187990)
There's a bug reported against HL for this. Hopefully Shadow will take a look at it. In the meantime, you could try seeing if you can assign the Hero.Epic tag to any hero with at least 21 levels. I would make a condition (or use an existing one) to put the script on. That way its on all heroes.

mirtos July 21st, 2014 08:07 PM

I just created an adjustment/condition. It seemed to be the easiest.

Sendric July 22nd, 2014 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirtos (Post 188185)
I just created an adjustment/condition. It seemed to be the easiest.

That works too.

Aaron July 22nd, 2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 188043)
Thank you, but make no mistake, I am not alone. TobyFox has really stepped up of late and added a bunch of stuff, and of course without Shadow and LawfulG himself (now cleverly disguised as Aaron), this never would have gotten started in the first place. Others have contributed as well, and I always try to make sure they get the credit they deserve when announcing the new release.

Tim, they've made us, leg it!

ShadowChemosh July 22nd, 2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 188287)
Tim, they've made us, leg it!

Ahhhh You used my real name! Now I have to run!!!!! :eek:

Aaron July 22nd, 2014 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 188293)
Ahhhh You used my real name! Now I have to run!!!!! :eek:

Now don't you regret telling it to me at GenCon last year?

ShadowChemosh July 24th, 2014 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 188317)
Now don't you regret telling it to me at GenCon last year?

Yes... Yes I do! Karma is a bitch... ;)

Bloodwolf July 25th, 2014 09:09 PM

I have a player running a Sorcerer/Wizard and HL is not allowing him to take Alacritous Cogitation saying that he doesn't prepare arcane spells. It must not be registering that he is a Wizard.

Sendric July 26th, 2014 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodwolf (Post 188583)
I have a player running a Sorcerer/Wizard and HL is not allowing him to take Alacritous Cogitation saying that he doesn't prepare arcane spells. It must not be registering that he is a Wizard.

Ah. I see the problem. The pre-req was set up to specifically set up to not validate if you are a spontaneous caster. I can fix that. If you want to fix it on your end you can replace the current pre-req script with this:

Code:

@valid = 0
  if (hero.tagis[Hero.Arcane] <> 0) then
        if (hero.tagcount[Hero.Spellbook] <> 0) then
          @valid = 1
        endif
  endif

I made this quickly, so I will need to make sure this is the proper fix but it will work for your player's character for now.

Greylin July 31st, 2014 07:40 AM

Lawful_G dataset in v5.3?

My Hero Lab 5.2 was working fine, but I foolishly updating to 5.3. Now I can't see the Lawful_G datasets, and character files are riddled with errors.

I did a full clean re-install, including D20 dataset, Lawful_G dataset, and our campaign .user file.

To say I am mad at myself for updating is an understatement.

Can anybody offer any suggestions? I am a very novice user.

With best regards,

J

TobyFox2002 August 1st, 2014 08:54 PM

When trying to add feats (or do just about anything), I receive the error:

Attempt to access non-live pick 'rDarkVis' from script
Location: 'per-requisite rule' script for Thing 'fPiercDark' near line 1

Now, I've tried to see if I can fix it but I can't the feat Pierce the Darkness from Races of the stone appears to be working perfectly. Whats more I'm not even trying add this feat and it lists it as an error... Not quite sure what to make of this.

mirtos August 1st, 2014 11:53 PM

did you guys try getting the patch release 1.12?

Sendric did a patch release.

TobyFox2002 August 2nd, 2014 02:56 AM

Yes, I did the community data patch.

Sendric August 2nd, 2014 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greylin (Post 189023)
My Hero Lab 5.2 was working fine, but I foolishly updating to 5.3. Now I can't see the Lawful_G datasets, and character files are riddled with errors.

I did a full clean re-install, including D20 dataset, Lawful_G dataset, and our campaign .user file.

To say I am mad at myself for updating is an understatement.

Can anybody offer any suggestions? I am a very novice user.

With best regards,

J

The Lawful G dataset 1.12 and HL 5.3 work together. I suggest removing the campaign .user file and seeing if HL compiles correctly. If it does, then the issue is in the campaign file. Are there any classes in it? If so, they may need to be re-compiled with Test Now. It would also help if you could post the error message (you can right-click on the error window to copy the message to the clipboard).

Sendric August 2nd, 2014 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 (Post 189190)
When trying to add feats (or do just about anything), I receive the error:

Attempt to access non-live pick 'rDarkVis' from script
Location: 'per-requisite rule' script for Thing 'fPiercDark' near line 1

Now, I've tried to see if I can fix it but I can't the feat Pierce the Darkness from Races of the stone appears to be working perfectly. Whats more I'm not even trying add this feat and it lists it as an error... Not quite sure what to make of this.

This looks like a problem with the feat itself. I went into the feat and changedd every instance of rDarkVis to rDarkVis2 which improved things, but I may need to do more with it. It seems to work fine if you choose a race with Darkvision.

Anyway, I cannot reproduce the error without selecting the feat, so I can only suggest that you must have it somewhere in your portfolio. I'll log this as a bug and see what I can do with it when I have more time.

Update: Fixed.

DeltaMasterMind August 2nd, 2014 05:51 AM

I got the updates all installed and noticed (Yay!) that Gestalt has been added in. Oddly though is it suppose to be considered Work In Progress or in a release for use state? so far it only shows cleric on custom abilities that I can add to it and no other info with the cleric listing. Since I admittedly didn't scope out the changelog yet, I may be posting something you already know and I do apologize. If there is a developers link (assuming it is a WIP) showing some doctrine on it could someone please post it or pm me where it is?
Thank you in Advance.

Sendric August 2nd, 2014 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind (Post 189207)
I got the updates all installed and noticed (Yay!) that Gestalt has been added in. Oddly though is it suppose to be considered Work In Progress or in a release for use state? so far it only shows cleric on custom abilities that I can add to it and no other info with the cleric listing. Since I admittedly didn't scope out the changelog yet, I may be posting something you already know and I do apologize. If there is a developers link (assuming it is a WIP) showing some doctrine on it could someone please post it or pm me where it is?
Thank you in Advance.

Well, that was unintentional. Sorry to get your hopes up. The Gestalt class isn't ready, and was included by accident. Can't say I'm surprised. Been that kind of week.

TobyFox2002 August 2nd, 2014 09:36 AM

The Natural Werewolf has Weapon Focus Bite as a granted feat, but hero labs tells me the hero does not meet the +1 Base Attack requirement. But the hero already has the required base attack.

Sendric August 2nd, 2014 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 (Post 189224)
The Natural Werewolf has Weapon Focus Bite as a granted feat, but hero labs tells me the hero does not meet the +1 Base Attack requirement. But the hero already has the required base attack.

Thanks. Should be an easy fix. I'll log it.

Update: Took a look at this. The template is not in the community set. Its in the base HL, so this is actually a core bug, which means I'll pass it on to Shadow.

DeltaMasterMind August 20th, 2014 10:54 AM

I found an issue with the custom weapons option. when I select to make a small weapon it becomes a medium sized weapon once added to the gear list. Although this shouldn't be an issue since the standard weapons add as they should. The item I wanted to make was a Gnomish repeating crossbow (heavy) with capacity yet no options for this exist as of yet.

Sendric August 21st, 2014 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind (Post 190785)
I found an issue with the custom weapons option. when I select to make a small weapon it becomes a medium sized weapon once added to the gear list. Although this shouldn't be an issue since the standard weapons add as they should. The item I wanted to make was a Gnomish repeating crossbow (heavy) with capacity yet no options for this exist as of yet.

I can't seem to duplicate the size issue here. Can you tell me what steps you are taking to cause this? I would also recommend making sure that the size drop-down menu is set to small if you want the item to be small.

As for the other issue, if you want to make a weapon a holder, try adding the tag thing.holder in the editor. To do this, click on the Tag button in the upper right and add "thing" as the Group ID and "holder" as the Tag ID.

DeltaMasterMind August 21st, 2014 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 190880)
I can't seem to duplicate the size issue here. Can you tell me what steps you are taking to cause this? I would also recommend making sure that the size drop-down menu is set to small if you want the item to be small.

As for the other issue, if you want to make a weapon a holder, try adding the tag thing.holder in the editor. To do this, click on the Tag button in the upper right and add "thing" as the Group ID and "holder" as the Tag ID.

It seems my client of Herolab (or a setting in windows itself) doesn't like to register what is currently selected in the menu option, which after I select it (been clicking on a random size option then back) it works. I will admit I have been playing with the HL Editor alot last night adding my own variants for some home-brewed games. Could it be possible that when I do a test in the editor that it might (somewhere/somereason) mess with the GUI of HL a bit?

Also I got this question.
I noticed that Sword-bows don't register on the weapon focus list. Currently using the Scout class for my build with the sword-bow. Is there a possible function I am missing here or is it a bug? If the ladder I hope its not a big issue.

Thanks for the input!

Sendric August 21st, 2014 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind (Post 190882)
It seems my client of Herolab (or a setting in windows itself) doesn't like to register what is currently selected in the menu option, which after I select it (been clicking on a random size option then back) it works. I will admit I have been playing with the HL Editor alot last night adding my own variants for some home-brewed games. Could it be possible that when I do a test in the editor that it might (somewhere/somereason) mess with the GUI of HL a bit?

It's certainly possible. Test Now sometimes changes things depending on what's been changed in the editor. CTRL-R will change things if you choose not to save, meaning it will revert back to whatever was chosen in the drop down the last time you did save.

Quote:

Also I got this question.
I noticed that Sword-bows don't register on the weapon focus list. Currently using the Scout class for my build with the sword-bow. Is there a possible function I am missing here or is it a bug? If the ladder I hope its not a big issue.

Thanks for the input!
I don't see any sword-bows entered in the community set. Do you have a weapon called sword-bow that you are trying to use?

mirtos August 21st, 2014 08:24 AM

i believe sword-bow is from the Magic Item Compendium. probably hasnt been entered yet.

its a magic item.

DeltaMasterMind August 21st, 2014 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirtos (Post 190906)
i believe sword-bow is from the Magic Item Compendium. probably hasnt been entered yet.

its a magic item.

As Mirtos stated, it is in the Magic item compendium (verified) and is available as a magic weapon (its considered a two handed martial weapon), most of the menus through-out the d20 builder do see or recognize this weapon except when I choose feat weapon focus (menu entry missing for this weapon); not a build breaker by any means, just curious. :rolleyes:

On a side note getting the Meteor Hammer weapon to even show up within the character builder portion of the program is almost without a cause. This is another weapon I found available within the Editor (snooping through the available dataset files provided from Lawful_G community files, only set of dataset files I have for d20), but through normal means just wants to be fussy. :confused:

I ask if any other members want to check for themselves the issues I have reported. This way at least we can trace it to a data file or just my client's setup. I really never experience problems with my client or system, but this is the first time I dug deep into the builder for my characters since every one of my characters has at least one main component about them that is not available currently. Good news is I got all three of my main campaign characters entered after building a few races. :D

Sendric August 21st, 2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind (Post 190922)
As Mirtos stated, it is in the Magic item compendium (verified) and is available as a magic weapon (its considered a two handed martial weapon), most of the menus through-out the d20 builder do see or recognize this weapon except when I choose feat weapon focus (menu entry missing for this weapon); not a build breaker by any means, just curious. :rolleyes:

Ok, I see it now. I wasn't looking under specific magic weapons. Specific magic weapons don't show up under Weapon Focus. The description doesn't say anything one way or the other, but my guess is that if you took Weapon Focus (longsword) you would gain the benefit while this item is in longsword form, and the same for taking longbow as your weapon focus. The others would work the same with the greatsword, shortbow, etc. I have put in a fix to allow this to work (use the Counts as Weapon... button in the editor).

Quote:

On a side note getting the Meteor Hammer weapon to even show up within the character builder portion of the program is almost without a cause. This is another weapon I found available within the Editor (snooping through the available dataset files provided from Lawful_G community files, only set of dataset files I have for d20), but through normal means just wants to be fussy. :confused:

I ask if any other members want to check for themselves the issues I have reported. This way at least we can trace it to a data file or just my client's setup. I really never experience problems with my client or system, but this is the first time I dug deep into the builder for my characters since every one of my characters has at least one main component about them that is not available currently. Good news is I got all three of my main campaign characters entered after building a few races. :D
You need to have the source Pathfinder - Legacy of Fire checked in your configuration window. Meteor hammer will then appear as a normal weapon.

mirtos August 21st, 2014 10:25 AM

Actually, Sendric is 100% right. Its a sword that changes into a bow, and a bow that changes into a sword. Its not a special item that you would have to be trained in. Its in effect, two different weapons.

So you would have to have Weapon Focus: longsword, and Weapon Focus: longbow to have the weapon focus in either form.

i imagine coding this would be difficult, so it would be up for the player/dm to remember which one is active...

Sendric August 21st, 2014 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirtos (Post 190932)
Actually, Sendric is 100% right. Its a sword that changes into a bow, and a bow that changes into a sword. Its not a special item that you would have to be trained in. Its in effect, two different weapons.

So you would have to have Weapon Focus: longsword, and Weapon Focus: longbow to have the weapon focus in either form.

i imagine coding this would be difficult, so it would be up for the player/dm to remember which one is active...

It's actually done already. Bodrin entered the weapons some time ago, and when he did he created two weapons (one that you select, and another that gets bootstrapped). The only thing he missed was to make each of these items properly count as a longsword or longbow. I've made the appropriate changes for each of the swordbow weapons, and added a note to my to-do list to go through all of the specific magic items and check to see if they have the same issues. My guess is at least some do.

mirtos August 21st, 2014 12:07 PM

makes sense as bootstraps. which is the default or the weapon? I guess it doesnt matter. because as a DM, I would require someone to have both weapon focuses to be able to get the weapon focus in either form.

DeltaMasterMind August 21st, 2014 02:16 PM

Thanks for clearing that up Sendric and Mirtos.

Sendric August 21st, 2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirtos (Post 190950)
makes sense as bootstraps. which is the default or the weapon? I guess it doesnt matter. because as a DM, I would require someone to have both weapon focuses to be able to get the weapon focus in either form.

Both versions of the weapon are present in the weapons tab. You just select which one you are holding. I think this makes sense because you can use both versions of the weapon in a single round. For me, I think it would make sense to just treat it like two weapons. When its a longsword, you get the bonus from weapon focus (longsword) and when its a longbow you get the bonus from weapon focus (longbow). I wouldn't require both, but certainly you don't get the bonus for one if you don't have the weapon focus for it.

mirtos August 21st, 2014 04:47 PM

That's what I meant when I said I would require both. In reality the weapon is in essence giving you a very specialized quick draw.