Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

ShadowChemosh October 30th, 2015 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulh (Post 218390)
EDIT: Oh, I see what's happening. When I equip 1st and 2nd in a stack of axes, it assumes I'm wielding a single axe with both hands, not an axe for each hand.

This here!

This is also the same behavior as Pathfinder so I think its more of a way of HL works not just d20. :)

paulh October 31st, 2015 12:37 PM

Dragonwrought Issues

There seems to be two issues related to Dragonwrought.

1. The feat description indicates that type should be changed from 'Humanoid' to 'Dragon'. This does not happen.

2. Dragonwrought should satisfy the pre-requisite for Dragon Wings, but does not.

paulh October 31st, 2015 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 218025)
Update: Apparently, I hard-coded the ? with the intention of changing it with a script. After taking another look at it, I decided it's probably not necessary to have the Inspiration points in the Specials tab, so I've removed it.

It would be nice if the Inspiration Points displayed somewhere. Do they show elsewhere on the character sheet?

Sendric November 1st, 2015 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulh (Post 218428)
There seems to be two issues related to Dragonwrought.

1. The feat description indicates that type should be changed from 'Humanoid' to 'Dragon'. This does not happen.

2. Dragonwrought should satisfy the pre-requisite for Dragon Wings, but does not.

I'll take a look. Thanks.

Sendric November 1st, 2015 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulh (Post 218429)
It would be nice if the Inspiration Points displayed somewhere. Do they show elsewhere on the character sheet?

Yes. The In-Play tab.

paulh November 1st, 2015 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 218455)
Yes. The In-Play tab.

Aha, thanks!

saturn082 November 2nd, 2015 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 218363)
If these are 0-level cantrips from the community set that uses Helper.Obsolete tag then this is fixed in the next d20 release. I discovered this same issue this last weekend. It has to do with the fact that they where bootstrapped at one time and so exist inside the .por file. You can use the .por file as a test when you get the Beta version to make sure the issue is fixed.

Ah, gotcha. Looking forward to the next release!

paulh November 15th, 2015 02:38 PM

Extra Invocation does not provide an extra invocation for Dragonfire Adept as one might expect. I didn't see a way to adjust for this in the Adjust tab, either.

TobyFox2002 November 15th, 2015 05:26 PM

The EXTRA INVOCATION feat was part of the Complete Arcane supplement which predates Dragon Magic, as a result when it was created it was coded to work on Warlock class, at the time it was the only class with invocations.

I don't see any reason why it would be exclusive to the Warlock. If no one else is working on the Complete Arcane I will try and have this fixed for the next release.

But I will have to find out if anyone else is working on the Complete Arcane first. In the mean time I suggest you just add an additional invocation and ignore the error. Use the Custom feat as a placeholder until then.

Sendric November 16th, 2015 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 (Post 219141)
The EXTRA INVOCATION feat was part of the Complete Arcane supplement which predates Dragon Magic, as a result when it was created it was coded to work on Warlock class, at the time it was the only class with invocations.

I don't see any reason why it would be exclusive to the Warlock. If no one else is working on the Complete Arcane I will try and have this fixed for the next release.

But I will have to find out if anyone else is working on the Complete Arcane first. In the mean time I suggest you just add an additional invocation and ignore the error. Use the Custom feat as a placeholder until then.

I'm not aware of anyone working on Complete Arcane. Feel free to make a fix if you are so inclined.

TobyFox2002 November 16th, 2015 10:35 AM

This has been fixed, and will be in the next community update.

paulh November 17th, 2015 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 (Post 219167)
This has been fixed, and will be in the next community update.

That's great, thanks.

paulh November 18th, 2015 04:29 AM

The Age Category permanent adjustment doesn't seem to do anything. Is it supposed to?

Sendric November 18th, 2015 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulh (Post 219346)
The Age Category permanent adjustment doesn't seem to do anything. Is it supposed to?

Yes, if you are a dragon. No, if you are not.

Aaron November 18th, 2015 11:02 AM

Curse my short-sightedness. Perhaps it should be renamed "Dragon Age Category" for clarity then?

paulh November 18th, 2015 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 219352)
Yes, if you are a dragon. No, if you are not.

Ahh, does this go back to Dragonwrought kobold not being changed to dragon type?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 219377)
Curse my short-sightedness. Perhaps it should be renamed "Dragon Age Category" for clarity then?

The description mentions Dragon Age Category, so it's probably clear enough IMO.

Sendric November 19th, 2015 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulh (Post 219393)
Ahh, does this go back to Dragonwrought kobold not being changed to dragon type?

Um..I don't think the two are necessarily related. The Age Category is for true dragons. I wouldn't expect it to do anything to a Kobold or other creatures of the dragon type, such as the Wyvern. The purpose of this adjustment is to allow the user to select what age the dragon is (Juvenile, Adult, Ancient, etc).

saturn082 November 24th, 2015 01:34 PM

Edit: Fixed

Dami December 4th, 2015 01:03 PM

Unusual error noted with the Wraith (Monster Manual 1) - if you produce a stat-block it shows as having 5d8 HD not 5d12. HP's are correct. The Dread Wraith does the same - reporting d8 HD not d12.

Sendric December 9th, 2015 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 220141)
Unusual error noted with the Wraith (Monster Manual 1) - if you produce a stat-block it shows as having 5d8 HD not 5d12. HP's are correct. The Dread Wraith does the same - reporting d8 HD not d12.

I don't think HL really differentiates between the various HD, so all races with hit dice will likely be displayed as having d8's. It doesn't effect the number of hit points, so it should just be ignored.

Sevisin December 27th, 2015 06:30 PM

Agile Shield Fighter

The feat replaces the penalties of mainhand and offhand attacks to -2 when using a shield. Instead, it's a -6/-10 instead of a -2/-2.

-S

Sendric December 28th, 2015 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevisin (Post 221134)
The feat replaces the penalties of mainhand and offhand attacks to -2 when using a shield. Instead, it's a -6/-10 instead of a -2/-2.

-S

What feat?

Sevisin December 28th, 2015 09:01 PM

@Sendric
I guess the title of my post didn't show.
Agile Shield Fighter.

-S

Dami December 28th, 2015 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevisin (Post 221134)

-S

I'm getting a -4/-4 penalty when testing this, instead of the -2/-2 that it should be, as if the ASF feat isn't active - so something is wrong. I only get the -6/-10 penalty that you have if my character doesn't have 2-Wpn Fighting. (Tested with a heavy shield and Hvy Shield Spec.)

The Agile Shield Fighter feat isn't Community created - I'd report this as a Lone Wolf bug.

Sendric December 29th, 2015 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevisin (Post 221185)
@Sendric
I guess the title of my post didn't show.
Agile Shield Fighter.

-S

Yes, you can't title posts within a thread. Also, when posting a bug please also include the source of the feat/class/spell/etc. It makes it easier to locate for fixing. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 221189)
I'm getting a -4/-4 penalty when testing this, instead of the -2/-2 that it should be, as if the ASF feat isn't active - so something is wrong. I only get the -6/-10 penalty that you have if my character doesn't have 2-Wpn Fighting. (Tested with a heavy shield and Hvy Shield Spec.)

The Agile Shield Fighter feat isn't Community created - I'd report this as a Lone Wolf bug.

Thanks for the research, Dami. Are you certain this isn't community created? Looks like it's from PHB2 which would have to be a community-created feat. Either way, I'll take a look when I get the chance...probably next week.

ShadowChemosh December 29th, 2015 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 221195)
Thanks for the research, Dami. Are you certain this isn't community created? Looks like it's from PHB2 which would have to be a community-created feat. Either way, I'll take a look when I get the chance...probably next week.

It don't show up on a search of d20srd and if its not there I can't add it. PHB2 where I just found it is a no go. :(

Sevisin December 29th, 2015 08:41 PM

If I find more feat/items/ect bugs, shall I post them here? There have been a number of bugs I located through out my fiddlings with the program.

-S

Dami December 29th, 2015 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 221195)
Thanks for the research, Dami. Are you certain this isn't community created? Looks like it's from PHB2 which would have to be a community-created feat. Either way, I'll take a look when I get the chance... probably next week.

Yes, you're correct - it IS community content. I did a web search on the feat to check the details, which said it was D&D 3.5 and I noted that it wasn't in the Players Handbook 1 community file. I didn't think to check PH2. I've looked at it in the editor now (thank goodness for holidays!):

The feat as defined, is little more than a description. There's really only checks on prerequisites - no script, etc to actually make it treat a shield as a light weapon. EDIT: I note that you have added it to the list of things to be fixed.

Sendric December 30th, 2015 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevisin (Post 221229)
If I find more feat/items/ect bugs, shall I post them here? There have been a number of bugs I located through out my fiddlings with the program.

-S

Yes, please. This is the community set bug thread so it is the perfect place to report any issues. Thanks.

ShadowChemosh December 30th, 2015 03:17 PM

Sendric. My current plan is I am going to be adding official Shield Bash's into d20 hopefully in this next update. At that time I can create a new "Helper.xxx" tag that will mimic the behavior you need for "Agile Shield Fighter" using the components. That will make things very easy on your side (ie perform hero.assign[Helper.ShieldTWF]) and less overhead if the background components take care of it correctly.

I can't add the actual "feat" or text but I can add the logic into d20. Will that work? You will also be able to remove the "shield" bash fixes you have in the community pack then.

During this change I think I am going to be adding a new "weapon group" type tag into the system. Something to group together common weapon types like shields, bows, and crossbows. Would it be worth it to expand to blades, maces, polearms? Does anything in 3.5 break down the weapon types like this that you know of? This does mean to have everything work right you may need to go through all the community weapons and "tag" them as the right types. Well at least the shields at first. Thoughts?

Sevisin December 31st, 2015 12:04 AM

Swordsage Shadow Hand stance type-o. "Asassin's Stance" should be "Assassin's Stance"

Dragonwrought feat should change the type to Dragon instead of Humanoid. Due to the lack of dragonblood subtype, Dragon Wings and Dragon Tail are red in the feats. Another note on the Dragonwrought feat, it doesn't give the proper skill bonus to the associated dragon of the feat. I built that list. How would you like for me to send/share it?

I already mentioned the Dragon Tail not adding a natural attack in the weapon section In this thread. Sendric and ShadowChemosh already know about it.

Regenerate Adjustment doesn't regen hp each round. Though it can be managed manually, it was something I didn't notice for a few sessions.

When modifying a custom magic item, I'm unable to charge the character with the modified gold. I have to sell the item at full cost then recreate it exactly how it was plus the new ability to get the proper amount used. Otherwise, I get a pop-up window saying "attempt to access transaction pick from script when no transaction context exists" after I equip/remove it.

On the top of my head, that's all I can think of. I'll post more when they come about.

-S

Sendric December 31st, 2015 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 221261)
Sendric. My current plan is I am going to be adding official Shield Bash's into d20 hopefully in this next update. At that time I can create a new "Helper.xxx" tag that will mimic the behavior you need for "Agile Shield Fighter" using the components. That will make things very easy on your side (ie perform hero.assign[Helper.ShieldTWF]) and less overhead if the background components take care of it correctly.

I can't add the actual "feat" or text but I can add the logic into d20. Will that work? You will also be able to remove the "shield" bash fixes you have in the community pack then.

That works for me. Thanks! Happy to remove the Shield Bash fix too since it was incomplete anyway (didn't work on specific magical weapons if I recall correctly).

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 221261)
During this change I think I am going to be adding a new "weapon group" type tag into the system. Something to group together common weapon types like shields, bows, and crossbows. Would it be worth it to expand to blades, maces, polearms? Does anything in 3.5 break down the weapon types like this that you know of? This does mean to have everything work right you may need to go through all the community weapons and "tag" them as the right types. Well at least the shields at first. Thoughts?

I can't think of anything off the top of my head that groups blades, maces and polearms together, but that doesn't mean there isn't something. Perhaps deity favored weapons, which I haven't looked at. If anyone knows of anything, please post about it. In any case, I would go with the bows, crossbows and shields for now unless someone else comes up with something.

Sevisin December 31st, 2015 04:32 PM

I just remembered, there is a bug when it comes to coin conversion. For example, I made a character start off with 100 pp. I bought and sold some equipment. Then I went back to CTRL+K and took out the platinum and converted it into gold (so 1000 gp). It says I'm in the negatives in platinum thus making my cash red.

-S

cardshof January 1st, 2016 04:30 PM

Psychic Rebirth troubles

If you choose the Rebirth psychic discipline, your phrenic pool does not adjust for Charisma bonus; nor is there a place to choose the extra spell gained from Mnemonic Esoterica.

Sendric January 2nd, 2016 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevisin (Post 221309)
I just remembered, there is a bug when it comes to coin conversion. For example, I made a character start off with 100 pp. I bought and sold some equipment. Then I went back to CTRL+K and took out the platinum and converted it into gold (so 1000 gp). It says I'm in the negatives in platinum thus making my cash red.

-S

If this is a bug, then it's a core bug, not a community bug. That said, I suspect this may be user error. You can have negative PP and positive GP that results in a positive amount of money, but HL doesn't add them together so if you have a negative amount of PP, it will pop an error.

Aaron January 3rd, 2016 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardshof (Post 221338)
If you choose the Rebirth psychic discipline, your phrenic pool does not adjust for Charisma bonus; nor is there a place to choose the extra spell gained from Mnemonic Esoterica.

I believe you want the Pathfinder Forum. Also, report bugs through the sticked thread at the top of that forum, to our automated system.

Sevisin January 3rd, 2016 11:05 PM

It seems that there is a bug in the window when you create an intelligent item. As I was creating the staff, the purpose and power bars stretched all the way across the window an interfering with other windows (much like the magic item creation and the abilities overlapping the delete/info buttons). In fact, the powers go into the same place as the languages overlapping one another.

-S

Sendric January 4th, 2016 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevisin (Post 221423)
It seems that there is a bug in the window when you create an intelligent item. As I was creating the staff, the purpose and power bars stretched all the way across the window an interfering with other windows (much like the magic item creation and the abilities overlapping the delete/info buttons). In fact, the powers go into the same place as the languages overlapping one another.

-S

This would be a core issue. Please post any problems with the core software or core data set here: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54293

Sendric January 5th, 2016 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevisin (Post 221272)
Swordsage Shadow Hand stance type-o. "Asassin's Stance" should be "Assassin's Stance"

Fixed

Quote:

Dragonwrought feat should change the type to Dragon instead of Humanoid. Due to the lack of dragonblood subtype, Dragon Wings and Dragon Tail are red in the feats.

Fixed

Quote:

Another note on the Dragonwrought feat, it doesn't give the proper skill bonus to the associated dragon of the feat. I built that list. How would you like for me to send/share it?

Fixed

Quote:

I already mentioned the Dragon Tail not adding a natural attack in the weapon section In this thread. Sendric and ShadowChemosh already know about it.

Fixed

Quote:

Regenerate Adjustment doesn't regen hp each round. Though it can be managed manually, it was something I didn't notice for a few sessions.

I don't know what this is. There is no adjustment in the core data set or community data set called "Regenerate". Also, I would advise against using scripts to modify HP's. HL isn't a fan.

Quote:

When modifying a custom magic item, I'm unable to charge the character with the modified gold. I have to sell the item at full cost then recreate it exactly how it was plus the new ability to get the proper amount used. Otherwise, I get a pop-up window saying "attempt to access transaction pick from script when no transaction context exists" after I equip/remove it.

Can you provide a process to reproduce this issue? I would think this would be a core issue, but I'd like to see it first.

Quote:

On the top of my head, that's all I can think of. I'll post more when they come about.

Thanks. Feel free to post whatever you come across. Also, just a reminder, please include source information for feats, classes, etc. It makes it a lot easier to locate things that way.

Sevisin January 5th, 2016 09:28 PM

@Sendric
To reproduce the issue, create a custom magic weapon or armor. You don't have to add any magical traits (+'s, enchantments, ect). So long as the item is in your inv, the stage is set. When you select the hammer/wrench button to add/modify the magic item. After adding/modifying the item and the amount is changed, when I push the "Set" button, the bug is set. When you equip (or de-equip) the item, a bug window pops up. The window reads "Attempt to access transaction pick from script when no transaction context exists" four times (separated with three dashes). No gold has been taken out of (or given to) the character's file.

I'll report potential bugs in the appropriate forum. I didn't realize this was a community forum.

In regards to the Regenerate adjustment, I realized it was an unfinished adjustment on my personal file (for the trolls [not internet], vigor spells, ect). Ops

Thanks for your time in fixing the bugs I reported.

-S