Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

Dami September 13th, 2015 01:54 AM

Error noted with "Archon, Hound" from the Monster Manual 1.user file. The special abilities: Aura of Menace, Constant Magic Circle Against Evil, Constant Tongues, and Greater Teleport, all occur twice on the Special tab. They have been assigned as special abilities, but they are already assigned as part of the Subtype: Archon.

Sendric September 14th, 2015 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 215775)
Error noted with "Archon, Hound" from the Monster Manual 1.user file. The special abilities: Aura of Menace, Constant Magic Circle Against Evil, Constant Tongues, and Greater Teleport, all occur twice on the Special tab. They have been assigned as special abilities, but they are already assigned as part of the Subtype: Archon.

Thanks. This has been fixed and will be available with the next release.

Landryan September 27th, 2015 11:51 AM

Draconian, Baaz

Hi - I believe the Baaz Draconian is missing his bonus Martial Weapon Proficiency in Longsword (only).

Thanks so much for including the Dragonlance books in the community created data set.

Sendric September 29th, 2015 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landryan (Post 216432)
Hi - I believe the Baaz Draconian is missing his bonus Martial Weapon Proficiency in Longsword (only).

Thanks so much for including the Dragonlance books in the community created data set.

Alright. I'll take a look at this. You're welcome? To be honest, the DL stuff was already there by the time I took this over. I've been meaning to take a look at it and clean it up, but just haven't gotten around to it. This should be an easy enough fix though.

Update: Just about all of the Draconian Races from that source appear to have been given the Run feat. I'm not sure why since it doesn't seem to be mentioned in the race entries in Dragons of Krynn. I think I'm going to remove that feat and just make sure each of these races has the correct set of armor/weapon proficiencies.

Aaron October 1st, 2015 03:07 PM

I'm a huge fan of Dragonlance. The Baaz may have had the Run feat in the campaign setting book maybe? Not that that wasn't superceded by later published rules for them.

Sendric October 1st, 2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 216654)
I'm a huge fan of Dragonlance. The Baaz may have had the Run feat in the campaign setting book maybe? Not that that wasn't superceded by later published rules for them.

Doesn't look like it, but I imagine it's from somewhere. In any case, the community set now matches the source. I also like Dragonlance, and I would love to dive into the data for that. I just haven't had the time. :(

Landryan October 2nd, 2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 216655)
Doesn't look like it, but I imagine it's from somewhere. In any case, the community set now matches the source. I also like Dragonlance, and I would love to dive into the data for that. I just haven't had the time. :(

It's from the original Dragonlance Campaign setting sourcebook, which describes the Draconian as a monster. The Dragons of Krynn sourcebook then went on to describe draconians in a Monster Race style more befitting of 3.5.

All Draconian "monsters" in the Campaign Setting were given the Run feat. The Baaz was given Toughness, which I assigned has his feat in the Hero Lab template.

The run feat is not mentioned anywhere in the Dragons of Krynn sourcebook. I can check over at the Dragonlance forums if you like, find out if it should still apply or if it's been superseeded.

thanks again!

Landryan October 2nd, 2015 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landryan (Post 216704)
It's from the original Dragonlance Campaign setting sourcebook, which describes the Draconian as a monster. The Dragons of Krynn sourcebook then went on to describe draconians in a Monster Race style more befitting of 3.5.

All Draconian "monsters" in the Campaign Setting were given the Run feat. The Baaz was given Toughness, which I assigned has his feat in the Hero Lab template.

The run feat is not mentioned anywhere in the Dragons of Krynn sourcebook. I can check over at the Dragonlance forums if you like, find out if it should still apply or if it's been superseeded.

thanks again!

Got it! In Dragons of Krynn the Run feat is mentioned in the Base Draconian entry (i.e. properties of all draconians).

Text as follows:
HTML Code:

Gallop: Winged draconians are exceptionally swift, and gain Run as a bonus feat.
So please keep the run feats in - thanks!

Sendric October 3rd, 2015 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landryan (Post 216707)
Got it! In Dragons of Krynn the Run feat is mentioned in the Base Draconian entry (i.e. properties of all draconians).

Text as follows:
HTML Code:

Gallop: Winged draconians are exceptionally swift, and gain Run as a bonus feat.
So please keep the run feats in - thanks!

Ah. Ok. Thanks for finding that. I'll make the appropriate adjustment.

Aaron October 5th, 2015 01:57 PM

Vindication, huzzah!

Sendric October 8th, 2015 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 216900)
Vindication, huzzah!

Yes, indeed.

I've created a new special that can be attached to all Draconian races that in turn bootstraps all the common specials. This includes the Gallop ability which now bootstraps Run as a bonus feat. Should be all set now.

Dami October 17th, 2015 10:48 PM

Having downloaded and imported the new community set, I'm getting a string of "duplicate record encountered" errors relating to "3.5 Dungeon Master Guide.user" file (all poisons) and "3.5 Fiendish Codex_2.user". Am I correct in thinking these two files should be deleted by the update? (Either my system didn't do the delete, or it wasn't part of the update procedure.)

Before the update we had:
3.5 Dungeon Master Guide.user
3.5 Dungeon Master Guide 2.user
3.5 Fiendish Codex_2.user

The update has added these three files:
3.5 Dungeon Master Guide 1.user
3.5 Fiendish Codex 1.user
3.5 Fiendish Codex 2.user

Sendric October 18th, 2015 05:36 AM

Those files may have been deleted in a previous release. I didn't do anything to those files in this release. You should move '3.5 Dungeon Master Guide.user' and '3.5 Fiendish Codex_2.user' out of your data folder and recompile. That should remove your compilation errors.

Dami October 18th, 2015 10:47 PM

Sounds like I missed something at some point, but easily fixed. Thanks!

paulh October 22nd, 2015 11:52 AM

Problem with Cloistered Cleric Variant Class

Hi all,

I am having an issue with a multiclass character I have created. It started out as a cloistered cleric. Among other things, the cloistered cleric is only proficient with light armor. When I add a fighter class, I would expect that the fighter feats/proficiences would also be included, such as Armor (Medium), Armor (Heavy), and shield proficiency. Unfortunately, they do not.

I tried to work around the issue by adding permanent adjustments for armor and shield proficiency, but that didn't work, either.

Interestingly, Weapons (All Martial) was included as a feat when I added fighter.

Sevisin October 22nd, 2015 07:18 PM

I noticed that none of the named shields can shield bash. For example, Shield of the Winged Crusade, a heavy steel shield, does not give the option to shield bash. When I create a standard heavy steel shield (with and without magical properties), I get the shield bash option.

Sendric October 23rd, 2015 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulh (Post 217981)
Hi all,

I am having an issue with a multiclass character I have created. It started out as a cloistered cleric. Among other things, the cloistered cleric is only proficient with light armor. When I add a fighter class, I would expect that the fighter feats/proficiences would also be included, such as Armor (Medium), Armor (Heavy), and shield proficiency. Unfortunately, they do not.

I tried to work around the issue by adding permanent adjustments for armor and shield proficiency, but that didn't work, either.

Interestingly, Weapons (All Martial) was included as a feat when I added fighter.

The Cloistered Cleric variant removes some weapon/armor proficiencies. It looks like these profs stay removed even when you add a fighter class, which is probably incorrect. Unfortunately, this is a core issue, and not one for the community set. I will post this issue in the core bug thread.

Sendric October 23rd, 2015 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevisin (Post 218008)
I noticed that none of the named shields can shield bash. For example, Shield of the Winged Crusade, a heavy steel shield, does not give the option to shield bash. When I create a standard heavy steel shield (with and without magical properties), I get the shield bash option.

Yea, I was having some issues with that when I implemented Shield Bash a while back. I'll take another look at it. Maybe I can come up with something else.

paulh October 23rd, 2015 07:48 AM

I'm not sure if this is a community set or a core issue, but...

I am working on a 1st level Factotum. It looks like the Armor Class calculation is incorrect. It looks like it's adding my Intelligence modifier to AC, which is what Cunning Defense provides... only, Cunning Defense 1) isn't available until 3rd level, and 2) requires the use of Inspiration Points (in other words, it's not "on" all the time).

paulh October 23rd, 2015 07:50 AM

Another Factotum quirk - The Special tab shows "Inspiration (Factotum)," and then shows inspiration point total: ?. Should Hero Labs calculate and display inspiration points?

Sendric October 23rd, 2015 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulh (Post 218023)
I'm not sure if this is a community set or a core issue, but...

I am working on a 1st level Factotum. It looks like the Armor Class calculation is incorrect. It looks like it's adding my Intelligence modifier to AC, which is what Cunning Defense provides... only, Cunning Defense 1) isn't available until 3rd level, and 2) requires the use of Inspiration Points (in other words, it's not "on" all the time).

Probably an oversight on my part when I implemented this class. I'll take a look and get it fixed.

Update: This issue was caused by Improved Cunning Defense and has been fixed. I've also improved a few other class specials.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulh
Another Factotum quirk - The Special tab shows "Inspiration (Factotum)," and then shows inspiration point total: ?. Should Hero Labs calculate and display inspiration points?

Probably? I'll take a look and try to figure out what I did here.

Update: Apparently, I hard-coded the ? with the intention of changing it with a script. After taking another look at it, I decided it's probably not necessary to have the Inspiration points in the Specials tab, so I've removed it.

paulh October 23rd, 2015 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 218025)
Update: This issue was caused by Improved Cunning Defense and has been fixed. I've also improved a few other class specials.

Update: Apparently, I hard-coded the ? with the intention of changing it with a script. After taking another look at it, I decided it's probably not necessary to have the Inspiration points in the Specials tab, so I've removed it.

That was quick! Thanks for the fixes.

paulh October 23rd, 2015 09:38 PM

The Dragontouched feat is supposed to allow you to select draconic feats as if you were a sorcerer of your character level. This doesn't seem to work.

Example: Draconic Heritage requires Sorcerer level 1st, but is not a valid selection for non-Sorcerer that has Dragontouched.

bryandet October 24th, 2015 11:31 AM

Huge problem - please help

So, my computer crashed a couple months ago, had to replace hard drives, couldn't mirror much of my old data. Anyway, reloaded Herolab, reset the secondary update sites, got everything loaded, then tried to open a portfolio on a character that I had saved in my email that I'll be playing with, and got this:

The following sources are not present for 'Kirildhoran', which may cause problems during load: 'CompMage', 'CompPsi', 'CompScound', 'CompWarrio', 'DMGPoison', and 27 others
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Advanced Bestiary'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Book of Exalted Deeds'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Complete Adventurer'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Complete Arcane'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Complete Champion'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Complete Divine'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Complete Mage'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Complete Psionics'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Complete Scoundrel'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Complete Warrior'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Dungeon Masters Guide Posions'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Dungeonscape'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Draconomicon'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Dragon Compendium'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'FCodex2'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Frostburn'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Heroes of Battle'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Libris Mortis'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Lords of Madness'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Magic Item Compendium'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Miniatures Handbook'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Monster Manual'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Monster Manual 2'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Monster Manual 5'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Player's Handbook 2'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Races of the Dragon'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Sandstorm'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Spell Compendium'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Stormwrack'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Races of Stone'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Races of the Wild'
Pick 'pACharging' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '87'
Pick 'pPsiFocus' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '88'
Pick 'pcnAwakeUn' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '89'
Pick 'pcnHaste' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '105'
Pick 'sWizAciSpl' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '118'
Pick 'sWizAmaneu' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '119'
Pick 'sWizArcMar' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '120'
Pick 'sWizCaltro' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '121'
Pick 'sWizDanLig' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '123'
Pick 'sWizDaze' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '124'
Pick 'sWizDetMag' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '125'
Pick 'sWizDetPoi' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '126'
Pick 'sWizDisrUn' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '127'
Pick 'sWizElJolt' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '128'
Pick 'sWizFlare' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '129'
Pick 'sWizGhoSou' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '130'
Pick 'sWizLaBolt' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '132'
Pick 'sWizLaItem' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '133'

I have no clue where to start with all of this. Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot

Sendric October 24th, 2015 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulh (Post 218085)
The Dragontouched feat is supposed to allow you to select draconic feats as if you were a sorcerer of your character level. This doesn't seem to work.

Example: Draconic Heritage requires Sorcerer level 1st, but is not a valid selection for non-Sorcerer that has Dragontouched.

Thanks for the report. I'll take a look when I get the chance.

Sendric October 24th, 2015 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryandet (Post 218098)
I have no clue where to start with all of this. Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot

Usually, this kind of thing is caused by an error in compilation. Did you receive any errors prior to opening your portfolio? If so, please copy and past it here.

Sendric October 26th, 2015 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulh (Post 218085)

Looks like an over-sight specific to Draconic Heritage. This issue has been resolved.

Nightfox October 26th, 2015 03:10 PM

Possible bug with the Power Attack issue. It seems like power attack is being handled in two places now. There's the adjustment which is user added and on the In-Play tab when the feat is added. Here are the two issues I'm now seeing.

1) From the in-play tab, it appears that the bonus damage is not adding correctly when wielding a 1-handed weapon in two hands. I haven't looked at the code, but the Adjustment does factor correctly now, so most of that code could probably be copied to solve the problem with the feat's code.

2) This is more of a notation, but the penalty and bonus from both the adjustment and in-play are being stacked. If we're going to keep both in the community files, we may want to add a warning, or better yet, add an eval to check for the existence of the other and see which one is adding the higher penalty/bonus. Perhaps something like:
Code:

~ find out if the other "Power Attack" is active
if (hero.childfound[1P].field[1F].value <> 0) then
~ if it is active, and the adjustment higher then ours then stop
  if (hero.childfound[1P].field[1A].value >= hero.child[2P].field[2A].value) then

Where 1P & 2P are the picks for the feat and adjustment, 1F & 2F are the activation check boxes, and 1A & 2A are the adjustment values. And the ">=" should be just ">" on one of them so that if both values are the same, one would be used, and the other would be disabled.

ShadowChemosh October 26th, 2015 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfox (Post 218182)
1) From the in-play tab, it appears that the bonus damage is not adding correctly when wielding a 1-handed weapon in two hands. I haven't looked at the code, but the Adjustment does factor correctly now, so most of that code could probably be copied to solve the problem with the feat's code.

The next official version of d20 has a bunch of fixes for Power Attack including the 1H issue, double weapons, and ranged weapons. Its just taking longer to get out then expected.

I apologize for that.

As for the adjustment from the community it maybe time to deprecate it now that an official version is out. :)

Nightfox October 26th, 2015 03:45 PM

No stress, just did not see where anyone else had mentioned it, so I thought I'd point it out lest it end up forgotten. :)

Sendric October 26th, 2015 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 218183)
As for the adjustment from the community it maybe time to deprecate it now that an official version is out. :)

Oh, yea I guess I should probably do that. :o

Nightfox October 26th, 2015 05:37 PM

I'm not sure if this should be mentioned here, or if it would be a bug at all, but I've been noticing a lot of problems with my NPC's qualifying for prestige classes because of pick requirements and the lack of HasFeat tags.

For example the Favored Soul gets proficiency with a weapon at first level and weapon focus with that weapon at third. However, even though the weapon focus tag is being broadcast to the weapons, the HasFeat tag is not being generated so the Favored Soul doesn't qualify for prestige classes that require weapon focus, such as Pious Templar.

The other side of this is that several prestige classes have pick requirements either using the Pick-req to specify a specific feat (for example: Occult Slayer, Dread Pirate or Frenzied Berzerker), or the Pre-req with specifications like:
Code:

@valid = pickexists[fQuickDraw]
In these cases, even if the character has the appropriate HasFeat tag, they still do not qualify unless they have the specific pick.

My latest is a grizzled crusader turned hellreaver who is hunting after the party. The intention was to use Stone Power to gain temporary HP every round so he could last longer against the over powered PC's. Stone power states, "can be used in place of Power Attack to qualify for a feat, prestige class, or other special ability" and even though the HasFeat tag is present, the "Power Attack required" still shows up under the validation.

Sendric October 27th, 2015 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfox (Post 218189)
For example the Favored Soul gets proficiency with a weapon at first level and weapon focus with that weapon at third. However, even though the weapon focus tag is being broadcast to the weapons, the HasFeat tag is not being generated so the Favored Soul doesn't qualify for prestige classes that require weapon focus, such as Pious Templar.

This issue is caused by the Favored Soul ability. In this case, the ability is acting like Weapon Focus, but is not informing HL that the character has the Weapon Focus feat. I'll take a look at how to improve this.

Update: Resolved this issue. Also updated the Weapon Specialization ability to match.

Quote:

The other side of this is that several prestige classes have pick requirements either using the Pick-req to specify a specific feat (for example: Occult Slayer, Dread Pirate or Frenzied Berzerker), or the Pre-req with specifications like:
Code:

@valid = pickexists[fQuickDraw]
In these cases, even if the character has the appropriate HasFeat tag, they still do not qualify unless they have the specific pick.

I'll take a look at these three classes. In general, the process works, but there may be certain issues. If you have specific issues, feel free to list them out if that's not unreasonable.

Quote:

My latest is a grizzled crusader turned hellreaver who is hunting after the party. The intention was to use Stone Power to gain temporary HP every round so he could last longer against the over powered PC's. Stone power states, "can be used in place of Power Attack to qualify for a feat, prestige class, or other special ability" and even though the HasFeat tag is present, the "Power Attack required" still shows up under the validation.

Looking for the pick and looking for the HasFeat tag are two different things. I'll take a look a the Stone Power feat. I can probably bootstrap Power Attack, then silence it so that the pick exists but isn't shown on the character. This would likely be easier than changing all the pick-req's that are looking for Power Attack.

Update: OK, I lied. Apparently there is a downside to switching from the #hasfeat look-up to the pick-req. Feats that count as another feat (such as Stone Power for Power Attack) won't qualify with the pick-req method. Lesson learned. This issue is fixed for Power Attack.

Thanks for the reports.

saturn082 October 27th, 2015 03:16 PM

Not sure if this is working as intended but my sorcerer/incantatrix seems to have manifested a bunch of additional level 0 spells, specifically:
  • Amaneunsis
  • Caltrops
  • Electric Jolt
  • Launch Bolt
  • Launch Item
  • Repair Minor Damage
  • Silent Portal
  • Sonic Snap
  • Stick

They appear greyed out in the spellcasting tab, and print with the abilities printout.

bryandet October 28th, 2015 08:41 AM

All fixed

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 218109)
Usually, this kind of thing is caused by an error in compilation. Did you receive any errors prior to opening your portfolio? If so, please copy and past it here.

Hey Sendric- I uninstalled Hero Lab, did a clean reinstall, reloaded only the most recent community files, now everything is working. Thanks for your willingness to lend a hand!

Nightfox October 29th, 2015 05:01 PM

Sendric, I was going to ask how you bootstrap something (like a feat) and "silence" it, but if you're having problems with it, it may be beyond my crude skills.

Sendric October 30th, 2015 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saturn082 (Post 218256)
Not sure if this is working as intended but my sorcerer/incantatrix seems to have manifested a bunch of additional level 0 spells, specifically:
  • Amaneunsis
  • Caltrops
  • Electric Jolt
  • Launch Bolt
  • Launch Item
  • Repair Minor Damage
  • Silent Portal
  • Sonic Snap
  • Stick

They appear greyed out in the spellcasting tab, and print with the abilities printout.

Sorry. I missed this. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this. I suspect it has something to do with the new Helper.Obsolete tag, but I can't be sure. Could you post the .por file here so I can take a look at it?

Sendric October 30th, 2015 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfox (Post 218340)
Sendric, I was going to ask how you bootstrap something (like a feat) and "silence" it, but if you're having problems with it, it may be beyond my crude skills.

I never even got that far, actually. Once I took a look at it, I realized my mistake in moving feat pre-reqs to pick-reqs. In any case, I was going to start with the Helper.FtDisable tag, though I think that leaves the feat grayed out so it may not have been ideal anyway.

ShadowChemosh October 30th, 2015 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 218358)
Sorry. I missed this. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this. I suspect it has something to do with the new Helper.Obsolete tag, but I can't be sure. Could you post the .por file here so I can take a look at it?

If these are 0-level cantrips from the community set that uses Helper.Obsolete tag then this is fixed in the next d20 release. I discovered this same issue this last weekend. It has to do with the fact that they where bootstrapped at one time and so exist inside the .por file. You can use the .por file as a test when you get the Beta version to make sure the issue is fixed.

paulh October 30th, 2015 04:55 PM

There's a calculation issue with two weapon fighting when using two of the same weapon that are stacked.

For example, a single throwing axe in primary hand, I have +7 melee/+7 ranged. If I equip a second axe in that same stack, I still have +7 melee/+7 ranged.

If I equipment 1st axe from one stack, and 2nd from a different stack, it properly calculates +5 melee/+5 ranged.

I may not have explained that well. I could do screen shots if necessary.

EDIT: Oh, I see what's happening. When I equip 1st and 2nd in a stack of axes, it assumes I'm wielding a single axe with both hands, not an axe for each hand.

So, perhaps not a bug.