Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Automatic calculations help??? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=65160)

WhyteOne December 2nd, 2020 04:21 AM

Automatic calculations help???

So, I am trying to create an automatic calculation for unique subclass i am creating. Basically, I need a calculation that goes like this:

1+attribute bonus/2 (rounded down if possible)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

dungeonguru December 2nd, 2020 04:35 AM

In the editor's local help files you can find an example in the eval scripts link:

Quote:

field[abValue].value = round(field[abValue].value, number of decimals, round behavior)

rounds the value of the field to some number of digits (defined by the second aspect in the parenthesis, 0 meaning to whole numbers). Round behavior of 0 means "round up if .5 or greater", 1 means "always round up", and -1 means "always round down". The first aspect can include some manipulation of its own.
In your specific case it would be something like this for Intelligence:

field[abValue].value = 1 + round(#attrmod[aINT]/2,0,-1)

you might want to make it cleaner looking by declaring a variable that grabs the attribute modifier first before putting it into the math.

var attrbonus as number
var answer as number
attrbonus = #attrmod[aINT]
answer = 1 + round(attrbonus/2,0,-1)

WhyteOne December 2nd, 2020 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dungeonguru (Post 292153)
In the editor's local help files you can find an example in the eval scripts link:

In your specific case it would be something like this for Intelligence:

field[abValue].value = 1 + round(#attrmod[aINT]/2,0,-1)

you might want to make it cleaner looking by declaring a variable that grabs the attribute modifier first before putting it into the math.

var attrbonus as number
var answer as number
attrbonus = #attrmod[aINT]
answer = 1 + round(attrbonus/2,0,-1)

Ok, so I am trying to link this to the Charisma modifier. So would this be correct?

field[abValue].value = 1 + round(#attrmod[aCHA]/2,0,-1)

WhyteOne December 2nd, 2020 06:22 AM

So, I have watched every tutorial video i can find and no where is it covered how to add something like this to the automatic calculations list. Am I missing this somewhere?

Fenris447 December 2nd, 2020 11:34 AM

You won't be able to add this to the automatic calculations. Those dump their result into the trkMax field. Are you doing this calculation to get a number of uses for a particular feature? That's what the trkMax field is for.

So instead of using the automatic calculations, do it with an eval script. I'd set the phase so time time Post-Attributes or later. Instead of dumping it into abValue (which is just a free-floating variable for use in abilities and their scripts), send it to that trkMax field.

Code:

field[trkMax].value = 1 + round(#attrmod[aCHA]/2,0,-1)