Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - 4th Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   DDI Downloader (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=19157)

tpkurilla February 17th, 2012 09:53 PM

DDI Downloader

I've had to reload my system due to hard disk failure.

So I download HeroLab, and install it. But I can't find the DDI Downloader at all! I've followed the instructions in the "View Manual" button on the character page.

Trouble is, it says to go to C:\herolab\data\4e, but that directory does not exist.

What's the actual method of getting/using the DDI Downloader now?

Thanks in advance,

-Thomas

tpkurilla February 18th, 2012 08:43 AM

I've downloaded the ddidownloader.exe from the google code web site.

When I run the program, it dies claiming that it could not find a mapping file.

I've even re-downloaded, and re-installed HeroLab, and I *still* do not have a data directory.

Was the DDI downloader removed from the distribution for some reason? Or am I missing some step?

I swear that I didn't have this issue any other time I installed...

Please, can anyone help?

-Thomas

tpkurilla February 18th, 2012 09:00 AM

I poked around manually, and found the ddidownloader.exe in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Hero Lab\data.

Seems like the manual needs to be updated.

What is mind-blowing is that I did a search of the entire drive for ddi*.exe, and it wasn't found. I'm assuming that the Application Data folder is hidden, thus preventing me from finding the file.

Of course, I have "show hidden files" selected, so it should have worked. I'm sure that Microsoft knew that I didn't really want to search that area, and helped me out... :rolleyes:

Running it now. Hopefully I don't have the issues others have been having...

SAbel February 22nd, 2012 04:51 PM

DDI updated the heroes of the elemental chaos today.
So there will be some changes plus what ever else they did in the program.

RavenX February 22nd, 2012 09:17 PM

Yeah whenever Compendium updates Colen or someone else has to go in and fix things. Be patient please.

Takeda April 3rd, 2012 07:05 AM

re-downloaded everything, won't work. Tried again but erased original files, won't work. Apparently it cannot find multiple files so here is an example:

Thing 'fRGeCaussl' - Bootstrap thing 'pRacAciSur' does not exist
Thing 'fRgeCindsl' - Bootstrap thing 'pRacFirede' does not exist

Etc.

So because this won't resolve I cannot fire up my 4e at all. It just pops back to the select system screen.

Colen April 3rd, 2012 08:56 PM

Do you have a current D&D Insider subscription? If you log into the Compendium and look at the Genasi race, say, does it show you the complete race details, or a "you need to subscribe" page?

DavidGonterman May 7th, 2012 07:42 PM

My question has to do with the Downloader and having a two-computer system. I took advantage of the second license to have HeroLab on my laptop so I can take it with me. I have 4ED on both, but I'm currently doing the whole DDI database. Is it possible for me to just copy the resulting DDI_ directory from one computer to another and have it work without having to use the downloader again?

Colen May 10th, 2012 08:54 AM

You can just copy the entire "4e" directory from one computer to another, and it should work without any problems.

TehBagder May 10th, 2012 07:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm running into a problem using the Mac version of the downloader. It keeps crapping out on me with a Trace/BPT Trap. I've attached a screenshot. I've got an active DDI subscription.