Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

ted11 June 14th, 2013 01:15 AM

Chord of Distraction bardic feat has the summary text from a different feat--main description is fine though.

CptCoots June 14th, 2013 04:15 AM

The hellreaver PrC from Fiendish codex is throwing this error at me:
Invalid tag expression specified for 'foreach' statement
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseClHelp' (Eval Script 'Calc cSpecial') near line 80

Sendric June 14th, 2013 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ted11 (Post 159508)
Chord of Distraction bardic feat has the summary text from a different feat--main description is fine though.

Fixed. Thanks for the report.

Sendric June 14th, 2013 05:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CptCoots (Post 159510)
The hellreaver PrC from Fiendish codex is throwing this error at me:
Invalid tag expression specified for 'foreach' statement
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseClHelp' (Eval Script 'Calc cSpecial') near line 80

I see it, too, but I have no idea where its coming from. There isn't a foreach loop on the class or any of its specials. I'll keep digging and see what I can come up with.

Edit: I still have no idea what's wrong, but I rebuilt the class and that has resolved it. The new file is attached to this post if you want to use it right away. There is another class with a similar issue (Force Missile Mage). I will fix that one as well. For anyone who wants to use this file and has already created a portfolio with this class, you will probably have to rebuild it.

CptCoots June 14th, 2013 12:51 PM

Thank you Sendric, I was in the middle of rebuilding it LOL.

ted11 June 15th, 2013 02:18 AM

The Agility, Improved Agility, and Greater Agility Item Powers, for armor, don't seem to have scripts to add the Reflex save bonuses.

Sendric June 17th, 2013 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ted11 (Post 159577)
The Agility, Improved Agility, and Greater Agility Item Powers, for armor, don't seem to have scripts to add the Reflex save bonuses.

Fixed for the next release. Thanks for the report. Looks like there are a few others missing their scripts as well. I'll make the changes.

bordercount July 9th, 2013 05:49 AM

I just downloaded the Lawful_G files, and now Weapon Specialization appears to have disappeared. It doesn't show up in my list of feats (looked under a couple of different Fighters). Curiously, it also doesn't show up as a pre-requisite error for Greater Weapon Specialization (it lists as a valid option for a Fighter 12 who doesn't have Weapon Specialization), but it DOES show as a validation error for having Greater Weapon Specialization without Weapon Specialization.

Sendric July 9th, 2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bordercount (Post 160578)
I just downloaded the Lawful_G files, and now Weapon Specialization appears to have disappeared. It doesn't show up in my list of feats (looked under a couple of different Fighters). Curiously, it also doesn't show up as a pre-requisite error for Greater Weapon Specialization (it lists as a valid option for a Fighter 12 who doesn't have Weapon Specialization), but it DOES show as a validation error for having Greater Weapon Specialization without Weapon Specialization.

It appears the feat was accidentally sourced to Complete Scoundrel. You can either turn on the source or go into the "Custom - Core Book Mods.user" file in the editor and remove the source. I'll fix this for the next release. Thanks for the report.

GLBIV August 17th, 2013 09:50 AM

Greetings,

I noticed today the Extra HD class isn't adding BAB or saves according to creature type as it once did. The CR counter is working however.

Sendric August 19th, 2013 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLBIV (Post 163374)
Greetings,

I noticed today the Extra HD class isn't adding BAB or saves according to creature type as it once did. The CR counter is working however.

Did this actually use to work? The code doesn't seem to be there for it. I'll take a look and see if I can work something out.

Araris November 9th, 2013 08:14 AM

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place or not. However the "Dread Pirate" class has the prereq of the skill Profession: (Sailor). However the community content didn't include that skill. I can do the "other" for profession and fill it in, however it doesn't recognize it when I select Dread Pirate.

bodrin November 12th, 2013 01:45 AM

Scout Battle Fortitude

The Battle Fortitude (Ex) ability of the Scout (Complete Adventurer) isn't adding it's bonus to the initiative and fortitude saves on a single classed lvl 5 scout character.

Sendric November 12th, 2013 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodrin (Post 169009)
The Battle Fortitude (Ex) ability of the Scout (Complete Adventurer) isn't adding it's bonus to the initiative and fortitude saves on a single classed lvl 5 scout character.

It is for me. Is your character wearing medium/heavy armor or carrying a medium/heavy load?

bodrin November 12th, 2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 169015)
It is for me. Is your character wearing medium/heavy armor or carrying a medium/heavy load?

Probably. I'll double check on a new character just to make sure. :-/

TobyFox2002 November 27th, 2013 11:51 AM

Chosen Foe (Lawful_g)

The Chosen foe summary text has a typo in it, It reads:

Quote:

Free, vs chosen foe gain +1 insight bon to att/AC, but -2 vs all others.
I'm assuming it should be:

Quote:

Free, vs chosen foe gain +1 insight BONUS to attack/AC, but -2 vs all others.
Sorry if this wasn't the right thread for this.
Chosen Foe, Lawful_g dataset, Drow of the Underdark, Faerun.

vsteel November 27th, 2013 04:27 PM

I think I might have originally posted this in the wrong thread.

I have a problem with the monk stunning fist. Ki straps and the extra stunning feat don't change the DC or the times a day. I didn't find anything in my searches referencing these issues. I have even been able to recreate the bug by just taking a NPC level 13 monk and trying to add the feat and equipment. Also, I have been able to get around it but I also can't get the feat "ability focus" to select stunning fist.

Sendric November 29th, 2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 (Post 170354)
The Chosen foe summary text has a typo in it, It reads:

I'm assuming it should be:

Sorry if this wasn't the right thread for this.
Chosen Foe, Lawful_g dataset, Drow of the Underdark, Faerun.

Thanks. I'll look into it.

Sendric November 29th, 2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsteel (Post 170373)
I think I might have originally posted this in the wrong thread.

I have a problem with the monk stunning fist. Ki straps and the extra stunning feat don't change the DC or the times a day. I didn't find anything in my searches referencing these issues. I have even been able to recreate the bug by just taking a NPC level 13 monk and trying to add the feat and equipment. Also, I have been able to get around it but I also can't get the feat "ability focus" to select stunning fist.

Is this item from MIC? I'll look into it for the next release. Thanks.

vsteel November 29th, 2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 170454)
Is this item from MIC? I'll look into it for the next release. Thanks.

Yes, the Ki straps are from the MIC pg 113.
The extra stunning feat is from Complete Warrior pg 98
Ability focus feat is from the Monster Manual 1 pg 303

Thank you for taking the time to look into this. I very much appreciate it.

Sendric November 30th, 2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsteel (Post 170493)
Yes, the Ki straps are from the MIC pg 113.
The extra stunning feat is from Complete Warrior pg 98
Ability focus feat is from the Monster Manual 1 pg 303

Thank you for taking the time to look into this. I very much appreciate it.

Thanks for the info. A lot of stuff from MIC is missing scripts to perform their actual functions. I'll make sure to bump this item to the top of the list.

Sendric December 2nd, 2013 06:31 AM

Regarding the Chosen Foe feat from Drow of the Underdark, it appears whoever entered this used their own summaries instead of those provided by the book. I've fixed this one, but I'm not going to change the others at this time. I may do this at a later date.

Sendric December 2nd, 2013 06:35 AM

Breaking this up into three separate bugs, and putting all notes concerning them here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsteel (Post 170373)
Ki straps don't change the DC or the times a day.

Fixed for next release. There was no script. Added one to indicate the higher DC in the livename.

Quote:

The extra stunning feat doesn't change the DC or the times a day.
Fixed for next release. The script's timing was incorrect. Moved it to Post-Attributes/5001 so that it occurs after Stunning Fist feat eval script. I also added in to this script to modify the name so that will appear correct as well.

Quote:

Also, I have been able to get around it but I also can't get the feat "ability focus" to select stunning fist.
This is a known issue, and one that is on my to-do list.

Sendric December 5th, 2013 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Araris (Post 168890)
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place or not. However the "Dread Pirate" class has the prereq of the skill Profession: (Sailor). However the community content didn't include that skill. I can do the "other" for profession and fill it in, however it doesn't recognize it when I select Dread Pirate.

Sorry. Just noticed this as I was perusing the thread. I'll add this skill and the pre-req for the next release.

Edit: The skill is there, but it is sourced to Legends of the Twins. I'll update this so that it's always available.

bodrin December 9th, 2013 12:40 PM

Probably because it's a situational it isn't actually classed as a bug but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

The improved skirmish feat isn't adjusting the skirmish ability displayed on the scout with its extra bonus AC and DAMAGE if a move of 20' is made.

It only appears in the feat description table.

I can't remember if the append text macro is used in the D20 system either.

Sendric December 10th, 2013 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodrin (Post 171771)
Probably because it's a situational it isn't actually classed as a bug but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

The improved skirmish feat isn't adjusting the skirmish ability displayed on the scout with its extra bonus AC and DAMAGE if a move of 20' is made.

I don't believe there is an append text macro either. There also isn't situational modifers in d20. However, I could possibly use the charge effect to modify the text when its active.

Sendric January 7th, 2014 10:42 AM

The function "compare" doesn't seem to be working in the d20 system. I get some very strange results from:

Code:

if (compare(C1thing,C2thing) = 1) then
    C1thing = C1thing & "ation"
    elseif (compare(C1thing,C3thing) = 1) then
    C1thing = C1thing & "mutat"
    endif

With this, when C1thing = C3thing, it adds "ation" to the end of C1thing, but nothing happens when C1thing = C2thing.

This code, which should effectively be the same, works as intended:

Code:

if (C1thing = C2thing) then
    C1thing = C1thing & "ation"
    elseif (C1thing = C3thing) then
    C1thing = C1thing & "mutat"
    endif

Probably not a big deal, but I thought I would mention it.

Mathias January 7th, 2014 10:52 AM

Sendric, you should always use either <> 0 or = 0 when testing with compare(). You cannot be certain that the number returned will = 1, just that it will either be 0 or be something other than 0.

Quote:

number compare(string str1, string str2)
Compare the two strings str1 and str2. If the strings are identical, the value 0 is returned. If str1 would appear before str2 in an alphabetical sort (based on the ASCII code of each character), a value less than 0 is returned. If str1 would appear after str2 in an alphabetical sort, a value greater than 0 is returned. Note that all uppercase characters are sorted before lowercase characters

Sendric January 7th, 2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 173720)
Sendric, you should always use either <> 0 or = 0 when testing with compare(). You cannot be certain that the number returned will = 1, just that it will either be 0 or be something other than 0.

Ah. Well, that certainly explains it. Thanks.

Though, I feel I should point out that in your Pathfinder scripting 104, you say:

"compare(A, B)
TRUE/FALSE - this will return the number 1 if A and B are identical (capitalization counts), and 0 if they are not."

Maybe that's just for Pathfinder, but its why I was using "= 1"

Beowulfe January 10th, 2014 08:06 AM

Incorrect Animal Companion effective HD

I was working up character concept as follows:
Barbarian (Beast Totem and Mad Dog) 2
Rogue (Survivalist) 3
Cleric 1

I chose feat Boon Companion
The animal companion shows up as a 6 HD creature until I add the Animal domain to the cleric. Then HL drops it to a 4 HD creature. If I remove the domain, it jumps back to 6 HD.

Sendric January 10th, 2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beowulfe (Post 173828)
I was working up character concept as follows:
Barbarian (Beast Totem and Mad Dog) 2
Rogue (Survivalist) 3
Cleric 1

I chose feat Boon Companion
The animal companion shows up as a 6 HD creature until I add the Animal domain to the cleric. Then HL drops it to a 4 HD creature. If I remove the domain, it jumps back to 6 HD.

Thank you. I believe what you are looking for, though, is the Pathfinder bug report thread, found here: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=24976.

Beowulfe January 10th, 2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 173832)
Thank you. I believe what you are looking for, though, is the Pathfinder bug report thread, found here: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=24976.

Thanks. I will post it there.

Bloodwolf January 18th, 2014 07:17 PM

I have been working on developing a Psion and I don't see where the Psion Discipline Powers are showing. I am working on an Egoist and don't have the Thicken Skin given.

Also I don't see anywhere to add gems. Would that just be custom gear?

Sendric January 20th, 2014 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodwolf (Post 174276)
I have been working on developing a Psion and I don't see where the Psion Discipline Powers are showing. I am working on an Egoist and don't have the Thicken Skin given.

I don't follow. I added a level of Psion - Egoist to my portfolio, looked in the power list and found Thicken Skin. It's listed with the other powers. If you are still having trouble, can you let me know what exactly you have done so far?

Quote:

Also I don't see anywhere to add gems. Would that just be custom gear?
Yes. Use custom gear for gems. You could create specific gems in the editor if you want, but gems are typically not held for very long so its not usually worth the effort.

Bloodwolf January 20th, 2014 03:15 PM

Sorry I was looking at the Psion wrong. I was mistakenly thinking that the disciplines were like cleric domains. You are right it is there.

I did however find that the Deflection Field Psion-Egoist 1 description in the summary of Spells & Powers, not the full description print out, comes up with the description for Deaden Blow. On the full description version it prints out correctly. And actually has the fullest printout of the powers that I have.

Sendric January 20th, 2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodwolf (Post 174383)
Sorry I was looking at the Psion wrong. I was mistakenly thinking that the disciplines were like cleric domains. You are right it is there.

I did however find that the Deflection Field Psion-Egoist 1 description in the summary of Spells & Powers, not the full description print out, comes up with the description for Deaden Blow. On the full description version it prints out correctly. And actually has the fullest printout of the powers that I have.

Ah yes, I had the summary wrong. That's what I get for duplicating. Thanks for reporting this. It's been fixed for the next release.

Bloodwolf January 20th, 2014 03:49 PM

No problem. Love the stuff so far. And I'm finding out that a Psion/Psychic Warrior is a BAD A!

Sendric January 28th, 2014 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodrin (Post 171771)

After taking another look at this I am wondering if the effort required to put this in effect is worth the reward. I could put in some charge effects associated with the Skirmish (AC) ability that would improve the AC by the listed amount depending on whether you moved 10' or 20'. I could also put in a script that modifies the Skirmish damage bonus if you move 20'. If people think this would be useful, I'll put it in. Personally, I'm not sure it would really improve things or just muddle them up.

GLBIV February 8th, 2014 08:05 AM

No sources

Greetings,

I just loaded the 1.10 release and now no user defined sources will load. I had a lot of my own custom files that conflict with some of the new ones, but I removed them and am having the same problems. How can I roll back or fix this?

Thanks,

GLBIV February 8th, 2014 08:25 AM

Crisis averted. I just had to remove the five new FR user files from my data folder.