Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Extinction Curse Content (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=65911)

jariath May 14th, 2021 08:02 AM

Extinction Curse Content

I am wondering if the Blood Wolf will be put in as an Animal Companion Ancestry option.

H2Os May 14th, 2021 02:49 PM

Are you asking if it's currently in? or if it will be added? I can check if I know where to look, if that's is what you are asking.

Thrawn82 May 18th, 2021 12:06 PM

If it isn't i would put in a bug report. That is a player thing and should be included in the stuff currently available. They were verty responsive previously when folks pointed out the resonant reflections weren't available.

charlieluce May 18th, 2021 02:58 PM

Since the Blood Wolf Animal Companion is defined by how it differs from the regular Wolf, you can easily modify a Wolf Animal Companion to represent a Blood Wolf:

1) Select a Wolf Animal Companion.
2) Under Modifications > Added Abilities > Permanent Abilities add Darkvision.
3) Under Modifications > Adjustments > Permanent Adjustments > Resources add Hit Points and set it to +2.
4) Under Modifications > Adjustments > Permanent Adjustments > Resources add Skill Increases, set it to +1 Trained, then under Skills set Intimidate to Trained.
5) Under Modifications > Adjustments > Permanent Adjustments >Skills/Proficiencies add Override Proficiency Level and set it to Untrained for Survival.
6) Under Profile > Race Appears As enter Blood Wolf.

Hope that helps!

Mathias May 18th, 2021 03:27 PM

When you're asking about content, book names and page references really help. Typing in "blood wolf" into Archives of Nethys doesn't bring up anything, so I'm not sure where to look to double-check the original version for this. I haven't had a chance yet to open up 6 pdfs and search through those.

mototom May 19th, 2021 10:33 AM

It's in the first book on page 43.

It's just statted up as a creature; I didn't see any specifics about animal companions. Should every animal be available as an animal companion? I honestly haven't explored animal companions much in 2nd edition but was under the impression that they had specific properties when used as animal companions.

Mathias May 19th, 2021 12:06 PM

Boy, is that hidden - the second paragraph under Freeing the Wolf on the right-hand side mentions the animal companion variation. Ok, we missed that - when we're searching through these books, we're scanning quickly for headers that identify new content - usually things in large, bold text, with underlines. I've added this to our to-do list.

mototom May 19th, 2021 03:38 PM

Oh geez. I can see how you missed that!

Daniel V May 19th, 2021 06:51 PM

Yeah, I was pretty surprised it was EC1, I thought I caught everything there. Fiery Leopard at least wasn't this under the radar lol.

jariath May 20th, 2021 12:36 PM

Yeah, Fiery Leopard was pretty up front, this just had a paragraph without the bold highlights. Players in both EC games I am running are taking the rescued wolf as a companion.