Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Remaster issues on PC and in AP (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=68146)

Svartsalf December 18th, 2023 08:47 PM

Remaster issues on PC and in AP

Hi all,

I'm trying to make an OG P2 character in Hero Lab online on both ap and PC, and even un-checking the box it's only allowing me to make remaster characters. I own all the books so it's not that, I've tried emptying cache etc and that didn't fix it, now I'm just frustrated.

Thank you

Daniel V December 18th, 2023 10:33 PM

Per Paizo's treatment of content, anything printed with the same name is errata and has been applied as such. Alignment we've also removed across the board per the underlying system change, as many things that previously interacted with it were changed, and have instead increased the emphasis on edicts and anathema.

Making a remaster character allows use of the new content (anything with a new name) and the new versions of classes, whereas non-remaster will use the old versions of classes. Any errata (new printing of same name) will always be applied.

Other than the addition of spirit damage in place of aligned damage (and holy/unholy), it's basically a bunch of minor balance changes and a new coat of paint. Is there anything in particular you were looking for that you aren't finding?

Dami December 18th, 2023 10:33 PM

In case you don't check the other thread in which you asked the same question...
Note that some of the changes were considered ERRATA by Paizo - and those changes effect everyone regardless of whether you activate Remaster or not. There may still be bugs, which you can report.

From Release Notes 2023-11-17: "PF2 - Errata and compatibility changes for older books per Paizo's FAQ/Errata page have been applied."
From HL Discord: "After Paizo made their blog post about how the remaster content was going to be treated, I made an extensive post outlining how that was going to be reflected in HL, since it was quite different than our initial approach. The reprints are errata, thus we need to treat them as errata. Characters can adopt the remaster to use the additional content that got added: everything with new names, and the new versions of classes. The existing content is still viable except a tiny number of things tied to alignment or spell schools, old books can still be used. The game system still is what it is, just some things have new paint."

Svartsalf December 18th, 2023 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel V (Post 302681)
Per Paizo's treatment of content, anything printed with the same name is errata and has been applied as such. Alignment we've also removed across the board per the underlying system change, as many things that previously interacted with it were changed, and have instead increased the emphasis on edicts and anathema.

Making a remaster character allows use of the new content (anything with a new name) and the new versions of classes, whereas non-remaster will use the old versions of classes. Any errata (new printing of same name) will always be applied.

Other than the addition of spirit damage in place of aligned damage (and holy/unholy), it's basically a bunch of minor balance changes and a new coat of paint. Is there anything in particular you were looking for that you aren't finding?

Thank you I guess I was just weirded out, I thought that the alignment change wasn't errata as such. Just part of the remaster going forward not backdated. Not a big deal for me though, rather I'm joining a new group and they are using OG still so just have to nut that out with them.

Svartsalf December 18th, 2023 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 302682)
In case you don't check the other thread in which you asked the same question...
Note that some of the changes were considered ERRATA by Paizo - and those changes effect everyone regardless of whether you activate Remaster or not. There may still be bugs, which you can report.

From Release Notes 2023-11-17: "PF2 - Errata and compatibility changes for older books per Paizo's FAQ/Errata page have been applied."
From HL Discord: "After Paizo made their blog post about how the remaster content was going to be treated, I made an extensive post outlining how that was going to be reflected in HL, since it was quite different than our initial approach. The reprints are errata, thus we need to treat them as errata. Characters can adopt the remaster to use the additional content that got added: everything with new names, and the new versions of classes. The existing content is still viable except a tiny number of things tied to alignment or spell schools, old books can still be used. The game system still is what it is, just some things have new paint."

thank you I did see it, I wasn't sure which was the better page and tried to remove this one after posting the other one

Kethoth December 24th, 2023 06:01 AM

It would be nice if there was a setting in my profile to 'never Remaster content ever'.