Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Imports and Existing Content (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=62851)

ri_gamer June 28th, 2019 08:09 AM

Imports and Existing Content

So, I am rebuilding my main realm, since I've still had no response from LWD on my issues submitted, and looking for suggestions on best way to export/re-import data.

My realm uses 5E Ruleset, content market imports include:
5E SRD
Tomb of Beasts
Rise of the Runelords (PF)

I exported from a backup of my previous realm:
All SRD modifications and additions I made (i.e) missing spells, names, etc
Modifications to the Runelords adventure to convert it to 5E

Any suggestions on the best order to re-import these to preserve my changes? With the rules, I found I had to import the SRD first or got a "Attempt to commit a transaction after a rollback occurred" error. (Error submitted, but expect no response)

Thanks for the support from the community.

Farling June 28th, 2019 09:35 AM

Usually LWD respond quite quickly (have you checked your spam folders?).

Importing the published stuff first is probably best.

ri_gamer June 28th, 2019 09:39 AM

Farling, the response was "We are referring this to our development team", which based on my open ticket from over a month ago means, I'm on my own.

Thanks for your response

Grey Mage June 28th, 2019 10:12 AM

RJ,

I know it seems that sometimes nothing is happening... but I have had more than a couple of issues that took several weeks to get resolved, but, in every case, they knocked it out of the ballpark for me. Took a while but they got it done.

Before you do ALL that work, give them a chance. Check in with them (via email) if you need an update. That is what I do.

In either case, hope you get your stuff fixed soon...

ri_gamer June 28th, 2019 10:52 AM

Grey Mage, I did reach out on the status - heard the sound of crickets. Since I need to prepare for a game, I don't have the luxury of waiting.

Not that I am necessarily knocking their tech support, I've had some good experiences with them. And as a software professional, I understand the challenges of development in a small shop. If nothing else, this will let me come up with a proven process going forward.

Thanks.

kbs666 June 28th, 2019 01:25 PM

Your best bet, and I'm basing this on no experience trying to import changes to CM material, import the CM stuff first and then try to import your backup realm. I have rather significant doubts that it will work however.

ri_gamer June 28th, 2019 01:38 PM

Seemed to work ok, got some cleanup to do, but I was able to get a "clean" realm without some of the pre-SRD imports I had added. It would be nice to have the ability to delete an import, but sure that's low on the dev schedule.