Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Army Builder (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Server Crash! (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=6337)

rob July 28th, 2006 02:14 PM

Server Crash!

This one is important, since it affects all purchases, all licensing matters, AND all access to the Updates mechanism within AB.....

Due to the record heat wave here in California and the regular power outages we've been experiencing (i.e. no air conditioning), our in-house server died last night. This is the server that handles everything regarding secure orders, license administration, and data file updates information. Needless to say, all those services are currently DOWN. :-(

We're in the process of recovering everything and getting a new server operational. We hope to have the new server running sometime this weekend. In the meantime, please be patient with us and don't flood the support queue with requests about this issue. We'll let everyone know as soon as we've got the replacement server configured and running securely.

Thanks, Rob

Bluefool July 29th, 2006 11:15 AM

You mean.....

I have a *reason* I can go paint models instead of doing this weeks update??

Take your time. Have a cool adult beverage. Have several. Maybe go for a swim.

Paint and glue, here I come!

jlong05 July 31st, 2006 05:22 AM

Re: Server Crash!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob
This one is important, since it affects all purchases, all licensing matters, AND all access to the Updates mechanism within AB.....

Due to the record heat wave here in California and the regular power outages we've been experiencing (i.e. no air conditioning), our in-house server died last night. This is the server that handles everything regarding secure orders, license administration, and data file updates information. Needless to say, all those services are currently DOWN. :-(

We're in the process of recovering everything and getting a new server operational. We hope to have the new server running sometime this weekend. In the meantime, please be patient with us and don't flood the support queue with requests about this issue. We'll let everyone know as soon as we've got the replacement server configured and running securely.

Thanks, Rob

Dude that sucks, Sorry to hear that the server went down. Hope you guys don't get too flooded with support requests. Good luck!

theshadowduke August 1st, 2006 11:20 PM

so is there a way i can get ahold of my second licence without the licencing server? If not thats ok, but it would sure be nice to get AB on my new laptop.

rob August 2nd, 2006 11:28 PM

Server Crash!

The new server is finally up and operational. It took us six solid days to get it fully configured, properly secured, and running all of our custom mechanisms - only about double what I had originally expected. :-(

Thank you for your patience while we got through this painful process.

-Rob

At 03:15 PM 7/28/2006, you wrote:

Quote:

Due to the record heat wave here in California and the regular power outages we've been experiencing (i.e. no air conditioning), our in-house server died last night. This is the server that handles everything regarding secure orders, license administration, and data file updates information. Needless to say, all those services are currently DOWN. [img]../images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

Thanks, Rob

rob August 2nd, 2006 11:30 PM

Server Crash!

If it has to do with licensing, it requires the licensing server. Fortunately, the new server is now up and running.

-Rob

At 12:20 AM 8/2/2006, you wrote:

Quote:

so is there a way i can get ahold of my second licence without the licencing server? If not thats ok, but it would sure be nice to get AB on my new laptop.

harkan August 3rd, 2006 01:33 AM

I bet there weren't many swear words being uttered during those days!!! Thanks for all the works guys

rob August 3rd, 2006 03:09 AM

Server Crash!

Just a few.....

....every 10 minutes. :-(

-Rob

At 02:33 AM 8/3/2006, you wrote:

Quote:

I bet there weren't many swear words being uttered during those days!!! Thanks for all the works guys