Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Death domain validation error (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=66144)

Jayhova July 20th, 2021 10:00 PM

Death domain validation error

I am building a cleric of Wee Jas and discovered that the death domain through out a validation error "Death: Your deity does not offer this domain." This seems to be an error.

Dami July 20th, 2021 10:50 PM

*Deleted*

Dami July 20th, 2021 10:54 PM

While Wee Jas originally had Domains: Death, Law and Magic, in both the 3.0/3.5 Players Handbook, and the Living Greyhawk official listing of Deities v1.3 (2003), it was later changed.
I'm quite sure the original d20 HL did not have deities, and the current file is based on the 'Living Greyhawk Official Listing of Deities v2.0 (2005)' which lists the Domains as Domination, Inquisition, Law, Magic, Mind and Repose.

You have three options:
1. Select Death and ignore the "error";
2. On the Background tab, select "None" in the first "Deity" field, type "Wee Jas" in the field underneath and select Deity Alignment "Lawful Neutral" - this will allow you to select ANY domains you want on the Cleric tab;
3. Use the editor to add "Death" as a domain to Wee Jas in the deities HL user file.

Jayhova July 25th, 2021 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 295917)
3. Use the editor to add "Death" as a domain to Wee Jas in the deities HL user file.

That was easy. I just checked the box and fixed it.

Sendric July 26th, 2021 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayhova (Post 295966)
That was easy. I just checked the box and fixed it.

Please note this will need to be done with each Community update. Alternately, you can create a new version of the deity in a new user file that replaces that community version.

Jayhova July 27th, 2021 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 295970)
Please note this will need to be done with each Community update. Alternately, you can create a new version of the deity in a new user file that replaces that community version.

I wish there was a better way of doing this. I have no interest in the newer rules and I should not have a character that was perfectly valid when I created her be invalid because of a change in a source I care nothing about.

Sendric July 28th, 2021 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayhova (Post 295988)
I wish there was a better way of doing this. I have no interest in the newer rules and I should not have a character that was perfectly valid when I created her be invalid because of a change in a source I care nothing about.

It's actually pretty simple to create a new copy in a new file. All you need to do is open the editor, create a new file, then use New (Copy) to create a new version of the deity. Give it whatever thingid name you like. Put the old version's thingid in the Replaces thing id text box and voila.