Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   D&D 5e Community Pack (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55090)

ShadowChemosh March 4th, 2016 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mergon (Post 225500)
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't D&D 5e Community Pack (v1.2) what you are looking for???

To be fair that list of "downloads" keep growing especially if you have the Pathfinder URL installed also.

This is an area I am "hoping" to have a "search" feature where a person could type in 5e and see just the 5e downloads. ;)

Note: Colen is most likely cursing my name right now....

solomani March 4th, 2016 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mergon (Post 225500)
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't D&D 5e Community Pack (v1.2) what you are looking for???

Doh! I am crazy, thank you. Is it possible to retroactively add this to an existing character or I need to re-create the character from scratch?

ShadowChemosh March 4th, 2016 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solomani (Post 225545)
Doh! I am crazy, thank you. Is it possible to retroactively add this to an existing character or I need to re-create the character from scratch?

Open your character and press "CTRL-K" in the "Configure Your Hero" window check mark at least the "5e Players Handbook". Feel free to turn on other sources if you want. Once check marked your existing character will be able to see the new Things. :)

solomani March 4th, 2016 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 225546)
Open your character and press "CTRL-K" in the "Configure Your Hero" window check mark at least the "5e Players Handbook". Feel free to turn on other sources if you want. Once check marked your existing character will be able to see the new Things. :)

Thank you sir!

Lord Gorchnik March 4th, 2016 04:19 PM

I have been making so much good use of this so far. One question I have is do you happen to plan on adding the Death divine domain for cleric characters along with the spells it offers from the DM guide? I GM ruled my brother to play with that domain and was sad to see it not in the list Divine Domains.

No big deal if not but that would certainly be amazing!

Mergon March 4th, 2016 04:23 PM

I posted a suggestion on the GIT site for materials from the DMG. I'd requested Eldarin, Aasimar, and Death domain. So far we ahve recieved Eldarin and Aasimar. :)

I created the Death domain for my own use. I'll have to take another look at what I created and see if I used too many fast kludges. :)

daplunk March 4th, 2016 04:34 PM

If you have created the Death Domain already send it over and I can get it added in the next pack.

ATM were are busy trying to add the 105 missing monsters which is time consuming to say the least ;)

This applies for anything you want added guys. If you have done it already and think it belongs in the community pack send it to me and we can update it for everyone.

Lord Gorchnik March 4th, 2016 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mergon (Post 225555)
I posted a suggestion on the GIT site for materials from the DMG. I'd requested Eldarin, Aasimar, and Death domain. So far we ahve recieved Eldarin and Aasimar. :)

I created the Death domain for my own use. I'll have to take another look at what I created and see if I used too many fast kludges. :)

That would be fantastic. He has the book but always forgets what Ray of Enfeeblement does since it isn't in the spell list of Hero Lab. You guys are amazing, keep up the fantastic work for the community!

cryptoknight March 5th, 2016 07:20 AM

I'd be more excited to get the Swashbuckler in there.. and to find a way that I can put the missing text... I get that you have placeholders so as to avoid WotC issues, but I'd like to find a way to put in all that text because it's annoying to have to look it all up in books.

Gwaithador March 5th, 2016 10:50 AM

This is extraordinary work.

daplunk March 5th, 2016 11:09 AM

Instead of putting the text back in. Which is going to be a pain to individually maintain. Paraphrase text and send it to us via a github issue. It needs to be min 20% different from original text.

This way the whole community benefits .

seffer March 6th, 2016 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 225635)
Instead of putting the text back in. Which is going to be a pain to individually maintain. Paraphrase text and send it to us via a github issue. It needs to be min 20% different from original text.

This way the whole community benefits .

Hi.

Total noob here. Can you please point me to a page that shows exactly how to do this? Or if there isn't a good resource, would you please provide more specific instructions? I'd like to contribute some of the missing fluff/placeholder text (which I'll be sure to change up a bit).

Thanks!

ShadowChemosh March 6th, 2016 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seffer (Post 225698)
Hi.

Total noob here. Can you please point me to a page that shows exactly how to do this? Or if there isn't a good resource, would you please provide more specific instructions? I'd like to contribute some of the missing fluff/placeholder text (which I'll be sure to change up a bit).

Thanks!

I would recommend reading the Glossary of Terms for the Editor. Then check out FAQ#2 for all the places to learn about the editor including YouTube videos.

The first YouTube video HERE would be very good as it shows how to open the editor do some basic editing.

daplunk March 6th, 2016 01:09 PM

If easier and if you are just writing fluff text I'm happy for you to submit it to us in a text document / word document.

Name of Thing: What is the fluff text written for
The Fluff Text: Ensure is it min 20% diff from original.

Then simply raise a new issue over HERE. You can drag your file straight into the ticket and it will upload and attach.

I will then take care of the replacement in the editor.

seffer March 6th, 2016 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 225704)
If easier and if you are just writing fluff text I'm happy for you to submit it to us in a text document / word document.

Name of Thing: What is the fluff text written for
The Fluff Text: Ensure is it min 20% diff from original.

Then simply raise a new issue over HERE. You can drag your file straight into the ticket and it will upload and attach.

I will then take care of the replacement in the editor.

This is just the sort of thing I was hoping for. I'll submit something in the next couple of days.

Thanks!

daplunk March 6th, 2016 03:10 PM

Mechanics are ok btw and don't need to be changed.

cyberqat March 6th, 2016 06:37 PM

MOdifying Unarmed Strike weapon

HI,
In my world, Unarmed Strike is a finesse weapon (you cna use STR or DEX with it.)

What do I need to edit to make that chnage? Can I do it in the Tools->editor or do I need to edit raw xml?

Mick McKee March 7th, 2016 01:53 PM

Thank you for all the hard work that's been put into this :)

I have some questions/issues about:

-Jack of All Trades(player's Handbook 54). Should it not, in most cases, add that bonus to Initiative?

-Additional Magical Secrets(Player's Handbook 55). This should not count against the number of bard spells known by the Bard.

daplunk March 7th, 2016 02:10 PM

If you need to log issues / queries for Community Pack content please do it through the GitHub. This will ensure your issue gets addressed and tracked.

https://github.com/Sklore/HL_DD_5e_Colab/issues/new

Fierce Rabbit March 12th, 2016 02:38 PM

I can't get this to work. I follow the instructions in the pdf, but the updates don't show up when I restart and check for updates. When I go to Manage Third Party Updates, it says there are none installed.

Ghaleon March 12th, 2016 02:49 PM

Ipad

having a tough time with this content on ipad, followed the instructions but the info does not display, any suggestions for what i am missing?

Mergon March 13th, 2016 07:07 AM

Make sure that your go the the character tab, click on Configure Hero, then check off the components you want to use.

ShadowChemosh March 13th, 2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghaleon (Post 226140)
having a tough time with this content on ipad, followed the instructions but the info does not display, any suggestions for what i am missing?

As Mergon says. If that fails then we need "more" information. What part are you stuck on? Did you get the download onto the iPad? Did you get the URL entered? Are you in 5e and not Pathfinder? Are you getting any errors....

Pictures are always great so that we can see what you see...

Aaron March 14th, 2016 06:30 PM

Daplunk, for the Duel Wielder feat, your script appears to be assigning the wrong version of the tag. Helper.TwoWpLight is meant to be assigned to weapons to exempt them from the "off hand weapon must be light" rule. Since you want to exempt all such weapons, you are correctly working in the hero context, but in that case, you need to assign Hero.TwoWpLight.

daplunk March 14th, 2016 06:33 PM

Thanks, i noticed this error in my game on Friday night. Will raise an issue and get the team to look into it.

ShadowChemosh March 14th, 2016 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 226246)
Daplunk, for the Duel Wielder feat, your script appears to be assigning the wrong version of the tag. Helper.TwoWpLight is meant to be assigned to weapons to exempt them from the "off hand weapon must be light" rule. Since you want to exempt all such weapons, you are correctly working in the hero context, but in that case, you need to assign Hero.TwoWpLight.

Confusion was from the original post HERE where you said use Helper.TwoWpLight.

The release notes do say "Hero" not Helper. So confusion all around. :( Thanks for getting back to us. :)

Mergon March 14th, 2016 08:28 PM

Btw, Duel Wield should be Dual Wield . . .

Spelling error. :)

sothron March 19th, 2016 09:02 AM

When will the duergar subrace be added? I'm kinda surprised all the subraces from the books have not been added yet.

Mergon March 19th, 2016 09:06 AM

I am not certain, but I think duergar has been added to the 5e Community pack, but just not released yet. I think it will be in the 1.3 release, but I may be confusing it with a different subrace.

sothron March 19th, 2016 09:39 AM

I hope it has. I am trying to get character sheets together for my group and I need the duergar for my own paladin. Really appreciate whoever put it in there if it is in there.

daplunk March 19th, 2016 10:36 AM

Which book has the Duergar in it? This was pretty high on my to do list as my party were deep in the under dark until some wish magic went wrong.

Mergon March 19th, 2016 10:38 AM

It's in Sword Coast Adventurers Guide (SCAG).

I thought I'd done it for my own use, but had it confused with the Deep Gnome which I have done.

daplunk March 19th, 2016 10:41 AM

I'll make sure it's done today. Pretty keen to have Scag complete. I just added all the class options in so race options are up next.

Mergon March 19th, 2016 10:46 AM

Just working on my SCAG stuff atm. Want me to post a Zip of my user file to GIT when I have finished?

Arcane domain, Tiefling variant material.

Warning: Some of the Tiefling traits (Cateyes, 6 fingers, ect. have been house rulled so you may want to make them conform to the SCAG rules).

daplunk March 19th, 2016 10:47 AM

Send it over and I'll have a look. :)

Mergon March 19th, 2016 10:49 AM

Like I said, working on it atm. Not sure if I got the bugs out of Arcane Mastery for the Arcane Mastery feature.

I know i was having issues with it and got side tracked by a different issue. Can't remember if I got back to it. :)

Buildign a 17th level character to test it atm.

sothron March 19th, 2016 10:50 AM

Thank you so much for making sure the duergar are added as a subrace option. :) Can I ask when it will uploaded for all to use?

Mergon March 19th, 2016 10:56 AM

I was right, I hadn't finished the Arcane Mastery feature. I'm up to the point where I can select the appropriate spells and they are added to the cleric's spell selection, but when you add them, they are not begin added for free.

Up to now the scripts were working fine, but they were for lower level spells, not 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th . . .

<Troubleshooting cap time>

Mergon March 19th, 2016 11:01 AM

Anyone know if the Helper.Free tag can be used on spells over 5th level? The Eval Rules script I'm using works fine up to 5th level spells, then it seems to not work.

daplunk March 19th, 2016 11:08 AM

Not sure on a public release date however you can always download the files from the link below and copy them into your 5e files.
https://github.com/Sklore/HL_DD_5e_Colab