Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Noob Question: Enabling (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=66952)

Diaz Ex Machina April 21st, 2022 02:07 PM

Noob Question: Enabling

How can I enable an option even if I don't have activated the official source for it? I want to make so that my custom source "The Shackled City" enables the use of Traits without having to activate "Unrestricted Traits" in the "House Rules" section. Is it possible?
Thank you in advance for your help and time.

ploturo April 21st, 2022 08:52 PM

Assuming you just want the Traits section to show up on the Feats tab and don't actually need any of the rules changes from the Unrestricted Feats house rule source, there is a tag on the Hero which determines whether to show it.

Code:

perform hero.assign[Dependant.UseTraits]
If there are one or more copies of that tag on the hero, the Traits section is shown.

Diaz Ex Machina April 21st, 2022 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ploturo (Post 298866)
Assuming you just want the Traits section to show up on the Feats tab and don't actually need any of the rules changes from the Unrestricted Feats house rule source, there is a tag on the Hero which determines whether to show it.

Code:

perform hero.assign[Dependant.UseTraits]
If there are one or more copies of that tag on the hero, the Traits section is shown.

Follow-up with another noob question: how do I add tags to a hero in the editor?

ploturo April 21st, 2022 10:43 PM

If you are making your own copy of the traits Mechanic in order to override the number of traits, you can just add a new script to that.

The timing doesn't seem to matter for adding that tag (as far as I know), so I would just set the timing on the script to First 100.

The line of scripting code you need is what I posted in my other reply.

Diaz Ex Machina April 21st, 2022 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ploturo (Post 298872)
If you are making your own copy of the traits Mechanic in order to override the number of traits, you can just add a new script to that.

The timing doesn't seem to matter for adding that tag (as far as I know), so I would just set the timing on the script to First 100.

The line of scripting code you need is what I posted in my other reply.

Ok, that toggled the Traits, but now every trait I choose it gives me a warning "You may only have a single faction or campaign trait", no matter if I choose only one trait. The trait counter also stays at 0/1.

ploturo April 21st, 2022 11:54 PM

Do you have any traits bootstrapped or automatically added?

Diaz Ex Machina April 21st, 2022 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ploturo (Post 298876)
Do you have any traits bootstrapped or automatically added?

Not automatically added, nor I think there are any bootstrapped traits in my source.

ploturo April 22nd, 2022 12:36 AM

I can't duplicate the problem on an unlicensed copy of Hero Lab with just the core pathfinder data files, but I also don't need to manually add the Dependant.UseTraits tag because it looks like Ultimate Campaign has an active source that adds it even if Ultimate Campaign is not purchased.

Sometimes you may run into issues where you need to close the editor to save your work, and then choose Quick Reload Data Files from the Develop menu to fully reload everything. There are some changes that just don't work right using the quick test button. Could that be the issue?

Diaz Ex Machina April 22nd, 2022 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ploturo (Post 298879)
I can't duplicate the problem on an unlicensed copy of Hero Lab with just the core pathfinder data files, but I also don't need to manually add the Dependant.UseTraits tag because it looks like Ultimate Campaign has an active source that adds it even if Ultimate Campaign is not purchased.

Sometimes you may run into issues where you need to close the editor to save your work, and then choose Quick Reload Data Files from the Develop menu to fully reload everything. There are some changes that just don't work right using the quick test button. Could that be the issue?

No, that's not it. I've opened/closed both the editor and HL many times, the issue is still there. Tried also the Quick Reload Data options, with no luck.

Diaz Ex Machina April 22nd, 2022 04:01 AM

Ok, progress (but maybe not in the right direction):
HL now says that my choice of Trait is invalid, marks it as error and ignores it.
https://i.imgur.com/5L5IG4l.png
What should I do?