Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Timeline for Secrets of Magic Addition (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=66231)

Kysa August 19th, 2021 08:58 PM

Timeline for Secrets of Magic Addition

I am just wondering what the timeline is for Secrets of Magic being added? I am starting a new campaign and have players looking to play the new classes they added.

Thanks!

Thrawn82 August 20th, 2021 04:58 AM

The Devs and community managers have been expressly forbidden to even estimate about timelines by the head of LW, but I'm not them so heres some back of the envelope math based on previous APs

The last one that came out was a half AP, Abomination Vaults, released on 6/17/21. The first abomination vault book came out in the last week of January 2021, the final volume came out last week of march 2021. That's the only one I bought the day it was available so I'm not sure about the release date of any of the other, but i feel like it was a similar three month lag (except Agents of Edgewatch, which is still pending.) Based only on the timeline for that one AP I think the best we could hope for is Player stuff available sometime in March of 2022.

dacoobob August 20th, 2021 05:25 AM

Secrets of Magic is a rulebook, not an AP. It includes two new classes (Summoner and Magus), new rules, and tons of new spells.

Hykim August 20th, 2021 05:30 AM

Mwangi Expanse was shipped to me by Paizo on June 24th and released for purchase in HLO on July 7th.

However, Mwangi Expanse had significantly less content to convert (no new classes if nothing else), so I'm not expecting Secrets of Magic to be that quick, but I can hope :)

Thrawn82 August 20th, 2021 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dacoobob (Post 296319)
Secrets of Magic is a rulebook, not an AP. It includes two new classes (Summoner and Magus), new rules, and tons of new spells.

DOH, my bad. thats what i get for foruming before coffee. I read "secrets of Magic" and by brain said "Strength of Thousands"

Rulebooks usually come out on the release date, or on the next major patch day (thursdays?)

Hopefully it'll be next week. They have been commenting without being explicit a lot about all the stuff that's been back-burnered to get the new rulebook stuff ready, which presumably means Secrets of Magic and Guns & Gears.

Daniel V August 20th, 2021 04:50 PM

As Thrawn indicated, as a general rule hardcover rulebooks are always our top priority, and we aim to get those out as close to release date as we possibly can. Sometimes snags happen that necessitate a delay, or we have to do two part releases (I think Character Operation Manual for SF was two part, due to the limited time we had for entry not all was done at release date), but just in case there's issues and we have to delay a bit, we don't like slating solid release dates. But in general though, that's what we shoot for, and other content (like the mentioned Strength of Thousands) does take backseat to getting you guys the major content drops asap.

Kysa August 23rd, 2021 03:30 PM

Thanks everyone! This is my first time really getting into use HLO as my group is just ramping up to play a PF2 game. We've been doing 5e for a while and use a different resource for that. I just had a couple of players interested in the new classes, but it looks like they are going with the current options in HLO. :)

Thrawn82 August 25th, 2021 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kysa (Post 296351)
Thanks everyone! This is my first time really getting into use HLO as my group is just ramping up to play a PF2 game. We've been doing 5e for a while and use a different resource for that. I just had a couple of players interested in the new classes, but it looks like they are going with the current options in HLO. :)

Good luck on your first PF2e campaign! I hope you love it. Good news is based on the announcement they made yesterday, it looks like LW has Secrets of Magic was ready for release today and they are only waiting on paizo to clear them to release it on the street date because it got pushed back to the first at the last minute. I think it's reasonable to expect it to be available for us the 1st or 2nd (paizo customer service sounds pretty confident sept 1 is a firm release date now)

Invelios September 1st, 2021 12:23 PM

Any updates on this? I know it released today and they had a scheduled downtime.

H2Os September 1st, 2021 12:35 PM

It appears the downtime has been postponed. How long, only Lone Wolf knows.