Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

Sendric February 12th, 2019 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 275656)
Looks like OA wasn't adjusted and I haven't modified Rokugan so I should be fine

I'm making notes of the various bug reports, but will hold off on making any changes to OA (or L5R) until I get an update from you.

Illyahr February 12th, 2019 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monteparnas (Post 275698)
The Courtier Class from Rokugan Campaing Setting, the abilities that grant Feats aren't adding the feats.

Timing issue. I fixed it on my end and will send to Sendric once I'm done with the files for next release.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monteparnas (Post 275732)
Oriental Adventures source, Iaijutsu Master PrC:

The ability Canny Defense should add the Int modifier to the Dex modifier for calculating AC, but it isn't doing anything at all.

Oops. Forgot to code this one entirely. :D
Scripted as a Dodge bonus when "katana" are equipped. Will forward to Sendric when I'm done with the files.

Thanks for the reports :)

benuker February 12th, 2019 10:46 AM

Hello again.
In the Swiftblade, the AC dodge bonus obtained by swift surge does not stack with the dodge bonus from the dodge feat required to become a Swiftblade. Dodge bonuses, as explained in page 93 of the PH under the “Dodge” feat, should stack.
Could you take a look to it?
Tnx!

Illyahr February 12th, 2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benuker (Post 275757)
Hello again.
In the Swiftblade, the AC dodge bonus obtained by swift surge does not stack with the dodge bonus from the dodge feat required to become a Swiftblade. Dodge bonuses, as explained in page 93 of the PH under the “Dodge” feat, should stack.
Could you take a look to it?
Tnx!

Dodge provides a situational bonus, not a static one, so it doesn't get calculated. It only applies a +1 bonus against a single chosen target

benuker February 12th, 2019 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 275758)
Dodge provides a situational bonus, not a static one, so it doesn't get calculated. It only applies a +1 bonus against a single chosen target

Ah OK! Perfect, then!
Thank you!

Monteparnas February 20th, 2019 02:33 AM

Paragon Creature, from Epic Level Handbook, gives +10 on every skill.

It is also giving 10 free Skill Tricks if the Tricks are made available, what it shouldn't do. It does not have similar issue with Speak Language.

Skill Tricks are from Complete Scoundrel.

Sendric February 20th, 2019 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monteparnas (Post 276001)
Paragon Creature, from Epic Level Handbook, gives +10 on every skill.

It is also giving 10 free Skill Tricks if the Tricks are made available, what it shouldn't do. It does not have similar issue with Speak Language.

Skill Tricks are from Complete Scoundrel.

Fixed. Thanks for the report.

Monteparnas February 20th, 2019 05:56 PM

Necklace of Natural Weapons, from Savage Species.

It is supposed to affect one or more natural weapons, but instead it is just figuring its own Attack bonus and no damage, without changing the relevant entries, so no actually useful math is being made.

Also, it costs 600 in the descriptive text, but is costing 300 in the actual system.

Sendric February 21st, 2019 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monteparnas (Post 276033)
Necklace of Natural Weapons, from Savage Species.

It is supposed to affect one or more natural weapons, but instead it is just figuring its own Attack bonus and no damage, without changing the relevant entries, so no actually useful math is being made.

Also, it costs 600 in the descriptive text, but is costing 300 in the actual system.

I'll look into it. Thanks.

Monteparnas February 23rd, 2019 04:27 PM

Heroic Destiny, a feat from Races of Destiny, is appearing two times with just slightly different descriptions.

Gauntlets of Extended Range, from Magic Item Compendium, should double the range increment for throwing weapons (even improvised as such), but it isn't being computed.

Sendric February 25th, 2019 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monteparnas (Post 276113)
Heroic Destiny, a feat from Races of Destiny, is appearing two times with just slightly different descriptions.

Gauntlets of Extended Range, from Magic Item Compendium, should double the range increment for throwing weapons (even improvised as such), but it isn't being computed.

Both fixed. Thanks for the report.

Monteparnas March 4th, 2019 11:44 PM

I do imagine it was left behind because it is too hard to code and too broken for any sane game, but in the source Unearthed Arcana there is missing the feat Item Familiar.

enjeruookami March 12th, 2019 01:17 AM

Natural Bond Issue

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,

I am a new user to the Hero lab d20 system. I was recently creating a druid with the ability to taking a black bear attempting to use the Natural bond feat. With my first attempt at just using the hero lab installed items I wasn't able to find the natural bond feat in the listed feats. I sent an email to support and as I await a reply i found the forums with the secondary source material. I followed the steps and nothing happened. I found the manual import files and I manually imported what I believe to be the current files and that is the Lawful_G_d20(v1.24) files and d20_StockP(v1.01) files. Upon uploading these items a bunch of things that was missing appeared, as well as the natural bond feat (yay). But now the feat isn't interacting as it is supposed to do and my hero lab shows my bear at being only lvl 1. I started as a lvl 1 druid and I just recently leveled up my character but the bear is still just lvl one and because it doesnt fully recognize the validity of the feat to the bear it says lvl 0+3 and thinks that there are too many levels or if you look at the bear profile it says bear lvl 1-3. Did I do something wrong? I have attached my .por for those to view and tell me whats up.

Sendric March 12th, 2019 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjeruookami (Post 276616)
Hello,

I am a new user to the Hero lab d20 system. I was recently creating a druid with the ability to taking a black bear attempting to use the Natural bond feat. With my first attempt at just using the hero lab installed items I wasn't able to find the natural bond feat in the listed feats. I sent an email to support and as I await a reply i found the forums with the secondary source material. I followed the steps and nothing happened. I found the manual import files and I manually imported what I believe to be the current files and that is the Lawful_G_d20(v1.24) files and d20_StockP(v1.01) files. Upon uploading these items a bunch of things that was missing appeared, as well as the natural bond feat (yay). But now the feat isn't interacting as it is supposed to do and my hero lab shows my bear at being only lvl 1. I started as a lvl 1 druid and I just recently leveled up my character but the bear is still just lvl one and because it doesnt fully recognize the validity of the feat to the bear it says lvl 0+3 and thinks that there are too many levels or if you look at the bear profile it says bear lvl 1-3. Did I do something wrong? I have attached my .por for those to view and tell me whats up.

Natural Bond only increases your effective Druid level if you have class levels in something other than Druid. So your character's Druid level is 2 with or without Natural Bond. You cannot increase your Druid level to something above your character level even with this feat.

Hope that answers your question and welcome to Hero Lab!

enjeruookami March 12th, 2019 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 276625)
Natural Bond only increases your effective Druid level if you have class levels in something other than Druid. So your character's Druid level is 2 with or without Natural Bond. You cannot increase your Druid level to something above your character level even with this feat.

Hope that answers your question and welcome to Hero Lab!

Snedric,

Thank you for responding to my question. With regards to how Natural Bond is supposed to work in regards to being able to take the alternate animal companion is the negative and positive modifiers are simultaneous. You can apply your modifiers in the most beneficial order. Outside of standard order of operations (remember, addition and subtraction are simultaneous). When you summon a bear there is a -3 to your effective druid level (not actual subtraction from physical level, but just a balance modification if you will). When you take the Natural Bond feat you gain a +3 effective druid lvl. This feat has nothing to do with your lvl stats but just your effective druid lvl. So you take the penalty for summoning a bear, and then the feat give you a bonus that puts you back up.

Illyahr March 12th, 2019 09:29 AM

The feat states it can never make your effective druid level exceed your character level. If you are level 2, it can't raise you past that

enjeruookami March 12th, 2019 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 276635)
The feat states it can never make your effective druid level exceed your character level. If you are level 2, it can't raise you past that

You are correct. The feat doesn't make my effective druid level exceed my character level. The -3 penalty from the bear drops me from a level 2 effective druid level to a -1 effective druid level and then then feat brings me up from a -1 druid level to a lvl 2 druid level.

Sendric March 12th, 2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjeruookami (Post 276629)
Snedric,

Thank you for responding to my question. With regards to how Natural Bond is supposed to work in regards to being able to take the alternate animal companion is the negative and positive modifiers are simultaneous. You can apply your modifiers in the most beneficial order. Outside of standard order of operations (remember, addition and subtraction are simultaneous). When you summon a bear there is a -3 to your effective druid level (not actual subtraction from physical level, but just a balance modification if you will). When you take the Natural Bond feat you gain a +3 effective druid lvl. This feat has nothing to do with your lvl stats but just your effective druid lvl. So you take the penalty for summoning a bear, and then the feat give you a bonus that puts you back up.

Hmm....that's a good point that wasn't factored into the equation. Let me look into what it would take to resolve that.

enjeruookami March 12th, 2019 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 276642)
Hmm....that's a good point that wasn't factored into the equation. Let me look into what it would take to resolve that.

Cool, Thanks. Might I suggest that instead of the animal companion checking to see if the druid level meet the requirements but instead apply the actual penalty to the effective druid level and then allowing the feat to correct that?

Monteparnas March 12th, 2019 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjeruookami (Post 276639)
You are correct. The feat doesn't make my effective druid level exceed my character level. The -3 penalty from the bear drops me from a level 2 effective druid level to a -1 effective druid level and then then feat brings me up from a -1 druid level to a lvl 2 druid level.

The actual wording of Animal Companion on this regard is:
"Should she select an animal companion from one of these alternative lists, the creature gains abilities as if the character's druid level were lower than it actually is."

As similar as it seems to be, this is not a penalty. It isn't taking out your Druid level to let you get the Companion, it is teaching you how the Companionacquires benefits, while Natural Bond gives you a bonus to effective Druid level.

You cannot use Natural Bond to offset this.

enjeruookami March 13th, 2019 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monteparnas (Post 276662)
The actual wording of Animal Companion on this regard is:
"Should she select an animal companion from one of these alternative lists, the creature gains abilities as if the character's druid level were lower than it actually is."

As similar as it seems to be, this is not a penalty. It isn't taking out your Druid level to let you get the Companion, it is teaching you how the Companionacquires benefits, while Natural Bond gives you a bonus to effective Druid level.

You cannot use Natural Bond to offset this.

Please click this link to get exact quote of natural bond feat from complete Adventure book.

https://realmshelps.net/charbuild/feat/Natural_Bond

Sendric March 13th, 2019 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjeruookami (Post 276669)
Please click this link to get exact quote of natural bond feat from complete Adventure book.

https://realmshelps.net/charbuild/feat/Natural_Bond

Monteparnas may be right. The difference here is that taking more powerful companions requires a certain level. For example, you must be 4th level to take a black bear. Natural Bond doesn't increase your effective druid level beyond your character level, so you cannot take a black bear as your companion until you've reached 4th level even with Natural Bond. That said, there seems to have been many debates about this online. Has anyone ever seen an official answer to this?

Monteparnas March 13th, 2019 08:54 AM

Without an official answer (and actually, even with one), we need to go for a solution that leave enough room for customization. Is it possible to add an Adjustment just for raising the character's Effective Druid Level for Animal Companion?

Enjeruookami, I read both texts, Animal Companion and Natural Bond in the original source, and I stand my interpretation. Outside an official answer on the matter, I stand my interpretation of the RAW, although I'm not necessarily against your interpretation as a valid option. But we need to code RAW here, not common sense.

Sendric March 13th, 2019 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monteparnas (Post 276679)
Without an official answer (and actually, even with one), we need to go for a solution that leave enough room for customization. Is it possible to add an Adjustment just for raising the character's Effective Druid Level for Animal Companion?

Enjeruookami, I read both texts, Animal Companion and Natural Bond in the original source, and I stand my interpretation. Outside an official answer on the matter, I stand my interpretation of the RAW, although I'm not necessarily against your interpretation as a valid option. But we need to code RAW here, not common sense.

Actually, I think I have an idea that will work. I can place an option in the In-Play tab to allow this feat to do what Enjeruookami is asking. Since not everyone agrees that is correct behavior I don't want to make it the default, but having the option for those who do want it seems a reasonable solution.

Monteparnas March 13th, 2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 276680)
Actually, I think I have an idea that will work. I can place an option in the In-Play tab to allow this feat to do what Enjeruookami is asking. Since not everyone agrees that is correct behavior I don't want to make it the default, but having the option for those who do want it seems a reasonable solution.

Agreed. Since the whole point of Hero Lab is being a tool, not a judge, if this is possible it will be the most desirable path.

Provos April 12th, 2019 09:32 PM

Tiefling source is set to Races of Destiny instead of monster manual for some reason so it doesn't show up when it isn't selected.

Illyahr April 26th, 2019 08:16 PM

Master of Shadows (Drow of the Underdark) is supposed to add one to each of the drow sla but only adds to one. Coding has the 'done' line after each "if" so the code stops there and doesn't add charges to the other two abilities.

The Talent class ability (Courtier class, Rokugan Campaign Setting) should apply to Intelligence and Wisdom based skills as well as Charisma based ones.

Gotrek April 28th, 2019 05:55 AM

hi,
Travel Domain doesn't grant Survival as Class Skill.

Sendric April 30th, 2019 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 278475)
Master of Shadows (Drow of the Underdark) is supposed to add one to each of the drow sla but only adds to one. Coding has the 'done' line after each "if" so the code stops there and doesn't add charges to the other two abilities.

The Talent class ability (Courtier class, Rokugan Campaign Setting) should apply to Intelligence and Wisdom based skills as well as Charisma based ones.

Fixed and fixed. Thanks.

Sendric April 30th, 2019 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotrek (Post 278501)
hi,
Travel Domain doesn't grant Survival as Class Skill.

Fixed. Thanks

Sendric April 30th, 2019 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 277969)
Tiefling source is set to Races of Destiny instead of monster manual for some reason so it doesn't show up when it isn't selected.

Fixed. Thanks.

Triskelion May 1st, 2019 05:15 PM

Hey everyone,

First post on here. I bought this program today and am trying to figure out how to build gestalt characters. Has anyone got any advice on where i find that?

TIA
Triskelion

Nokowi May 3rd, 2019 07:35 AM

I noticed that when equipping two weapons, the offhand weapon does not get highlighted in the magic item summary tab.

Thanks!

Illyahr May 3rd, 2019 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triskelion (Post 278590)
Hey everyone,

First post on here. I bought this program today and am trying to figure out how to build gestalt characters. Has anyone got any advice on where i find that?

TIA
Triskelion

There isn't a fully-implemented way to do gestalt with the system. Your best bet is to make a class variant that adds the abilities of one class to another. You'd have to make a separate one for each combination you wanted to use though

Nokowi May 3rd, 2019 01:56 PM

Swordsage + Master Thrower give improved crit

It's possible to incorrectly get improved critical effect when taking one level of Master Thrower (complete warrior) and one level of Swordsage (tome of battle).

1. Make a Level 1 Swordsage, Level 1 Master Thrower character.
2. Purchase a dagger, and note the crit range as 19-20.
3. Choose Shadow Hand for Discipline Focus cSwoDFWF
4. Go to feats and select dagger for weapon focus fWepFoc

The crit multiplier will change to 17-20.

NOTES:

Removing either the Shadow Hand discipline (Shadow Hand) choice or the feat weapon focus dagger choice will remove the increased threat range for daggers.

Without a level of Master Thrower, this does not happen.

When the (incorrect) threat range is increased, no improved critical feat is ever listed on the player tab.

Illyahr May 6th, 2019 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nokowi (Post 278662)
It's possible to incorrectly get improved critical effect when taking one level of Master Thrower (complete warrior) and one level of Swordsage (tome of battle).

1. Make a Level 1 Swordsage, Level 1 Master Thrower character.
2. Purchase a dagger, and note the crit range as 19-20.
3. Choose Shadow Hand for Discipline Focus cSwoDFWF
4. Go to feats and select dagger for weapon focus fWepFoc

The crit multiplier will change to 17-20.

NOTES:

Removing either the Shadow Hand discipline (Shadow Hand) choice or the feat weapon focus dagger choice will remove the increased threat range for daggers.

Without a level of Master Thrower, this does not happen.

When the (incorrect) threat range is increased, no improved critical feat is ever listed on the player tab.

This may be a byproduct of the Critical Throw ability for master throwers. They get it at level 5 but it might be triggering at level 1 for some reason Sendric

Sendric May 6th, 2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 278711)
This may be a byproduct of the Critical Throw ability for master throwers. They get it at level 5 but it might be triggering at level 1 for some reason Sendric

You are correct. Easy enough fix, but I'm concerned there may be more cases like this in Complete Warrior as most of these were done a long time ago.

Thanks for the assist!

Sendric May 6th, 2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monteparnas (Post 275655)
What is happening now, though, is that the Chahar-Aina isn't adding the bonus to armor as it should. I didn't tested the other properties yet, but I do remember long ago it adding the +1 to AC if no Armor was worn (similar to Bracers of Armor, maybe).

When I add Chain Shirt and Chahar-Aina to a character, the AC bonuses from both stack and the character receives the appropriate AC. Are you still able to reproduce this error, and if so, how?

Nokowi May 6th, 2019 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 278711)

That's my belief. I tried rogue fighter swordsage and master thrower and I believe only the the combo of master thrower & swordsage caused the issue.

Illyahr May 7th, 2019 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 278719)
You are correct. Easy enough fix, but I'm concerned there may be more cases like this in Complete Warrior as most of these were done a long time ago.

Thanks for the assist!

I'll go through CW after the next update. It's one of the books I have