Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

Sendric July 15th, 2019 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 280229)
I'm working in Races of Eberron and it showed up in the warforged paladin variant. I don't know what triggered it but it goes away when I don't have it remove class skills

I'm not seeing what class skills you need to remove for this variant so I can't reproduce it right now. I'll take a look when you submit it, or sooner if you want to pass the file along before then.

Gotrek July 26th, 2019 03:10 AM

Improved Natural Attack is considered "not suitable" for Monk's Improved Unarmed Strike.

Quote:

A monk’s unarmed strike is treated both as a manufactured weapon and a natural weapon for the purpose of spells and effects that enhance or improve either manufactured weapons or natural weapons.

Gotrek July 27th, 2019 12:36 AM

Ur-Priest PrC takes as required only Malign Spell Focus instead of Spell Focus (Evil).
Seems like you evaluated the Ur-Priest PrC from Book of Vile Darkness , p. 72 (3.0 edition) instead of the same PrC from Complete Divine, p. 70 (3.5 ed).

Sendric July 29th, 2019 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotrek (Post 280490)
Improved Natural Attack is considered "not suitable" for Monk's Improved Unarmed Strike.

I'm not sure a feat qualifies as a spell or effect for this purpose. I feel like that's illegal. Is there an official ruling on this somewhere?

Gotrek July 29th, 2019 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 280608)
I'm not sure a feat qualifies as a spell or effect for this purpose. I feel like that's illegal. Is there an official ruling on this somewhere?

I quoted the Monk's Feature.. :) PHB

Sendric July 29th, 2019 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotrek (Post 280609)
I quoted the Monk's Feature.. :) PHB

Yes, I realize that. I'm just not sure that includes feats. I'd have to look into it more.

PS This appears to be a much debated topic that is house-ruled in for some players and not others. If you want to create your own version, feel free, but it doesn't look to me to be a "bug" in Hero Lab.

Gotrek July 29th, 2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 280610)
Yes, I realize that. I'm just not sure that includes feats. I'd have to look into it more.

PS This appears to be a much debated topic that is house-ruled in for some players and not others. If you want to create your own version, feel free, but it doesn't look to me to be a "bug" in Hero Lab.

From Official FAQ (LINK), p.41:

Can a monk take Improved Natural Attack (MM 304)
to improve his unarmed strike?

Yes. As stated on page 41 of the PH, a monk’s unarmed
strike “is treated as both a manufactured weapon and a natural
weapon for the purpose of spells and effects that enhance or
improve either” which includes feats such as Improved Natural
Attack.
Barring multiclassing, the earliest a monk could take this
feat would be at 6th level (due to the base attack bonus
prerequisite), at which point her unarmed strike damage would
improve from 1d8 to 2d6 (which represents an average increase
of +2.5 points of damage). The same monk at 20th level would
deal 4d8 points of damage with her unarmed strike.

Pirogoeth August 1st, 2019 01:14 PM

Small bug I noticed, Spontaneous Healer Feat (Complete Divine) does not register Favored Soul as a class that can cast Cure Wounds spells. (Which is a prereq for the feat) Thank you in advance!

Lj Stephens August 1st, 2019 07:14 PM

Hi Pirogoeth! Thanks for letting us know. What would really help us out, is if you'd write to support@wolflair.com with a detailed account of how you found the bug.

Thanks again!

ShadowChemosh August 1st, 2019 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lj Stephens (Post 280752)
Hi Pirogoeth! Thanks for letting us know. What would really help us out, is if you'd write to support@wolflair.com with a detailed account of how you found the bug.

Thanks again!

Community Pack bug reports should not be sent to LW.

The community members working on d20 will take care of the issues.... :)

I assume Lj is just working late at Gen Con and didn't notice which forum she was in....

Illyahr August 3rd, 2019 04:25 PM

Soulmelds acquired with the Shape Soulmeld feat (MoI) can't have essential assigned to them. xEssentia sets the hTotal, but only to soulmelds that have a SpecSource of a meldshaping class.

Illyahr August 10th, 2019 10:10 AM

Has anyone else noticed that Wild Shape isn't showing up, or is that just me?

Sendric August 13th, 2019 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 281146)
Has anyone else noticed that Wild Shape isn't showing up, or is that just me?

Do you mean the Wild Shape Adjustments? Do you have the source checked off?

Gotrek August 18th, 2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 276680)
Actually, I think I have an idea that will work. I can place an option in the In-Play tab to allow this feat to do what Enjeruookami is asking. Since not everyone agrees that is correct behavior I don't want to make it the default, but having the option for those who do want it seems a reasonable solution.

I think that this solution is someway bugged.
If i select "Negate -3 penalty" on a Druidi with Natural Bond with Dire Boar (-6 penalty) HL consider 9 level (or add 6 HD if you prefer) instead of 6 (and 4 HD)

Sendric August 19th, 2019 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotrek (Post 281340)
I think that this solution is someway bugged.
If i select "Negate -3 penalty" on a Druidi with Natural Bond with Dire Boar (-6 penalty) HL consider 6 level (or add 4 HD if you prefer) instead of 3 (and 2 HD)

What level is the driud?

Gotrek August 19th, 2019 05:08 AM

Druid 11. So, considering the -6 for the Wild Boar and +3 for the (optional) Natural Bond, you have to check the table for Druid 8.
https://i.imgur.com/UizvqnW.png

PS: I edited my original post since i mistyped the numbers

Sendric August 20th, 2019 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotrek (Post 281366)
Druid 11. So, considering the -6 for the Wild Boar and +3 for the (optional) Natural Bond, you have to check the table for Druid 8.

PS: I edited my original post since i mistyped the numbers

Yea, something is definitely wrong. I'll see what I can do.

Edit: Ok, I see the problem. You can fix this by making the following changes to the eval script for Natural Bond in the Complete Adventurer user file:

1 - change timing to First/499
2 - change the '-' symbol on line six to '+'. This line should now look like this:

Code:

hero.childfound[cAnimComp].field[CompLevAdj].value += 3

Sendric August 20th, 2019 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotrek (Post 280523)
Ur-Priest PrC takes as required only Malign Spell Focus instead of Spell Focus (Evil).
Seems like you evaluated the Ur-Priest PrC from Book of Vile Darkness , p. 72 (3.0 edition) instead of the same PrC from Complete Divine, p. 70 (3.5 ed).

The Ur-Priest currently included in the community set is the one from BoVD so the pre-req is correct. I'll take a look at updating for the CDiv when I get a chance.

Sendric August 20th, 2019 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirogoeth (Post 280734)
Small bug I noticed, Spontaneous Healer Feat (Complete Divine) does not register Favored Soul as a class that can cast Cure Wounds spells. (Which is a prereq for the feat) Thank you in advance!

Thanks for the report. The feat is for prepared spell-casters so imo doesn't apply to Favored Souls who are already spontaneous casters. At this time, I consider this not a bug.

Illyahr August 30th, 2019 04:35 PM

Inspired (tsucora spirit) from Eberron Campaign Setting has feats attached to it and loses regular feats. I can only guess that someone set it up to be exactly like it lists in the book but now you can't make an NPC with the race.

Sendric September 3rd, 2019 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 281701)
Inspired (tsucora spirit) from Eberron Campaign Setting has feats attached to it and loses regular feats. I can only guess that someone set it up to be exactly like it lists in the book but now you can't make an NPC with the race.

This is a common problem. Looks like it also needs some psi-like abilities. I don't seem to have the ECS on hand at the moment. Once I track that down I'll fix this up.

Illyahr September 5th, 2019 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 281790)
This is a common problem. Looks like it also needs some psi-like abilities. I don't seem to have the ECS on hand at the moment. Once I track that down I'll fix this up.

I can make the adjustment on my end and send you the file

Provos September 27th, 2019 01:54 AM

Divine Might feat from Complete Warrior (pg 106) has a prerequisite of Str 13, turn or rebuke undead ability, Power Attack. I can select the feat without the Power Attack feat.

Pool of Healing class variant from Complete Champion (pg 47) requires you to sacrifice a 4th level spell slot, also 7th level. You can select it early on and not sacrifice a slot.

Sendric September 27th, 2019 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 282600)
Divine Might feat from Complete Warrior (pg 106) has a prerequisite of Str 13, turn or rebuke undead ability, Power Attack. I can select the feat without the Power Attack feat.

Pool of Healing class variant from Complete Champion (pg 47) requires you to sacrifice a 4th level spell slot, also 7th level. You can select it early on and not sacrifice a slot.

Thanks. I'll address these as soon as possible.

Provos December 13th, 2019 11:06 PM

My character has received a permanent attribute bonus to intelligence. Logically I would put that under Adjustments/permanent but that doesn't seem to trigger the skill point update. I know I can just adjust the base attribute but is just seems odd to me so I wanted to point it out.

cshadow133 December 16th, 2019 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 284460)
My character has received a permanent attribute bonus to intelligence. Logically I would put that under Adjustments/permanent but that doesn't seem to trigger the skill point update. I know I can just adjust the base attribute but is just seems odd to me so I wanted to point it out.

You are speaking of the bonus to skill points starting at your next level, or your previous levels?

Sendric December 16th, 2019 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 284460)

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, this appears to be a core issue. You can get around it one of two ways. First, use the mod Ability Score (Starting) to change your ability score. Second, use the Ability Score (Permanent) and the Total Skill Points mod to change your skill points. The first option will be easier to deal with unless there's some other reason why you can't use it.

Provos December 16th, 2019 11:10 AM

@cshodow133 yes the skill points from previous levels seem to be missing.

I just unchecked the Adjustment left it there with a note for myself and changed my score manually.

Dami December 16th, 2019 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 284490)
@cshodow133 yes the skill points from previous levels seem to be missing.

I just unchecked the Adjustment left it there with a note for myself and changed my score manually.

According to the PHB, page 10: "Changing Ability Scores", last paragraph - You do not get skill points added for past levels, only new levels gained after the Int increase.

Sendric December 17th, 2019 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 284503)
According to the PHB, page 10: "Changing Ability Scores", last paragraph - You do not get skill points added for past levels, only new levels gained after the Int increase.

Thanks, Dami. That certainly seems to answer that question.

cshadow133 December 17th, 2019 09:40 AM

That is why I asked the question that I did. You only get skill points going forward after the Int adjustment. Only thing that goes retroactively is Con with hit points.

Congrats on the permanent adjustment though.

Provos December 19th, 2019 03:29 PM

Too much pathfinder messing with my memories of rules.

Illyahr January 15th, 2020 04:59 PM

The spellcasting of the Duskblade gets borked if you enter a prestige class. You still keep gaining spells per day as appropriate but no longer get spells known as it uses a special to allow you to pick your level of spell. However, this special is tied to class level instead of effective level as adjusted by the prestige class.

The feat Master of Knowledge (heroes of horror) has a timing issue. It's set at Post-Attributes and needs to be set earlier.

Sendric January 17th, 2020 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 285008)
The spellcasting of the Duskblade gets borked if you enter a prestige class. You still keep gaining spells per day as appropriate but no longer get spells known as it uses a special to allow you to pick your level of spell. However, this special is tied to class level instead of effective level as adjusted by the prestige class.

The feat Master of Knowledge (heroes of horror) has a timing issue. It's set at Post-Attributes and needs to be set earlier.

Thanks. Both fixed.

Gotrek January 20th, 2020 10:42 AM

Dread Witch (Heroes of Horror) should have 2+Int Skill Points/level (now is 0+int).

Sendric January 21st, 2020 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotrek (Post 285084)
Dread Witch (Heroes of Horror) should have 2+Int Skill Points/level (now is 0+int).

Thanks. Fixed.

Illyahr January 26th, 2020 01:07 PM

The Binder's Binding ability (Tome of Magic) is getting the calculation wrong again. It's getting half level first and that screws with the calculation for the binding check bonus.

It needs to calculate full level to set the first part of the summary (EBL = level)
It then needs to calculate checks for the summary (1d20 + level + charisma)
It's only after that that level gets cut in half for the summary (10 + 1/2 level + cha)

Sendric January 27th, 2020 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 285300)
The Binder's Binding ability (Tome of Magic) is getting the calculation wrong again. It's getting half level first and that screws with the calculation for the binding check bonus.

It needs to calculate full level to set the first part of the summary (EBL = level)
It then needs to calculate checks for the summary (1d20 + level + charisma)
It's only after that that level gets cut in half for the summary (10 + 1/2 level + cha)

Try this:

Code:

var level as number
      var check as number
      var difficulty as number
      level = hero.childfound[xBind].field[Value].value
      check = level + #attrmod[aCHA]
      difficulty = 10 + #attrmod[aCHA] + round(level/2,0,-1)

Illyahr January 27th, 2020 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 285319)
Try this:

Code:

var level as number
      var check as number
      var difficulty as number
      level = hero.childfound[xBind].field[Value].value
      check = level + #attrmod[aCHA]
      difficulty = 10 + #attrmod[aCHA] + round(level/2,0,-1)

That'll do it :)

Spyderbane February 1st, 2020 05:48 AM

Obtain Familiar is throwing an error

"Attempt to access non-lice child pick 'cArcFamil' from Script Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'fOFamiliar' (Eval Script '#2') near line 5"

Also the Dark Template is giving the wrong Hide in Plain sight