Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

Illyahr April 2nd, 2021 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayhova (Post 294469)
I am looking for the Vestment of Many Styles out of Races of Eberron. I check to make sure the source was check but no dice. Was this missed or have I screwed up somewhere? >Newbie<:D

Hmm. Must've missed that one. I'll put it in and drop it in the community submission thread

Jayhova July 1st, 2021 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 294482)
Hmm. Must've missed that one. I'll put it in and drop it in the community submission thread

Thanks

Jayhova July 25th, 2021 12:39 PM

I noticed I could not add the weightless scabbard to my PC. I went and looked and noticed the "Arms and Equipment Guide" user file has 0 wonderous items in it. What's up?

Dami July 26th, 2021 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayhova (Post 295967)
I noticed I could not add the weightless scabbard to my PC. I went and looked and noticed the "Arms and Equipment Guide" user file has 0 wonderous items in it. What's up?

There are a very large number of 3.0 and 3.5 rulesbooks, from WotC, and evne more when you consider other publishers. Content from nearly all these books is provided by users. This means that stuff that has been done is mostly by people who wanted it for their own game, put it in HL and shared the file. There are very few people using the editor to work on content, and so not everything has or can be put into HL.
433 items of equipment from that book have been done. I consider that amazing... but no-one's got to the magic item part. (Some items may have been updated for 3.5 and been entered in another "book".)

Jayhova July 27th, 2021 09:02 AM

I thought somehow it got missed or my version was screwed up or some other thing, IDK. Is there a tutorial of how to create items and place them in the .user files?

Edit: Found some info and copied a glove of storing which is functionally similar to the A&EG Weightless Scabbard I wish to create. Is there a way (easy or not) to limit the items that can be stored in this container i.e. bladed weapons such as swords and daggers and limit it to one item? Also what conventions exist for assigning a unique ID to an item?

Sendric July 28th, 2021 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayhova (Post 295989)
I thought somehow it got missed or my version was screwed up or some other thing, IDK. Is there a tutorial of how to create items and place them in the .user files?

Edit: Found some info and copied a glove of storing which is functionally similar to the A&EG Weightless Scabbard I wish to create. Is there a way (easy or not) to limit the items that can be stored in this container i.e. bladed weapons such as swords and daggers and limit it to one item? Also what conventions exist for assigning a unique ID to an item?

Thanks to some (relatively) recent updates, thingid's now allow up to 17 characters. Typically when you create a new thing, the editor will automatically provide the first two characters. These are used to give the user an easy way to identify what kind of thing the thingid is referring to, but it's not required that you keep it.

If you are making items for yourself it doesn't really matter what convention you use for creating unique ideas as long as they don't clash with existing ones. In general, though, we try to have them make sense and capitalize letters at the start of words. So, for something like the Weightless Scabbard, it could look like this:

ioWeightScabbard

I drop the "less" of Weightless here because it's too long to fit, and try to keep the "words" being clear. You could also do:

ioWeightlessScabb

Though I think the first one might be easier to understand what it is.

Jayhova July 29th, 2021 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 295996)
So, for something like the Weightless Scabbard, it could look like this:

ioWeightScabbard

I drop the "less" of Weightless here because it's too long to fit, and try to keep the "words" being clear. You could also do:

ioWeightlessScabb

I went with the earlier convention and named it ioWeigScab.

If I wanted to do the rest of the wondrous items in the A&EG and contribute them to the community, how would I do that?

Should I even worry about limiting the scabbard to one bladed weapon?; assuming that is even possible.

Sendric July 30th, 2021 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayhova (Post 296000)
I went with the earlier convention and named it ioWeigScab.

If I wanted to do the rest of the wondrous items in the A&EG and contribute them to the community, how would I do that?

Should I even worry about limiting the scabbard to one bladed weapon?; assuming that is even possible.

If you can figure it out, great, if not make a note and I'll look into it when I get the chance.

There's a thread for providing files to the community set here:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=65384

If you have any trouble attaching any files, let me know.

Provos October 24th, 2021 04:40 PM

Arms and Equipment guide is missing Quick-escape armor add on.

Spyderbane April 14th, 2022 02:05 PM

Not sure if anyone is aware but Lyric Thaumaturge from the complete mage appears to be a blank class.

Dami April 14th, 2022 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyderbane (Post 298808)
Not sure if anyone is aware but Lyric Thaumaturge from the complete mage appears to be a blank class.

It looks like someone started it but didn't finish. The basics are there for the class with the requirements, but not any of the class features gained.

Sendric April 15th, 2022 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 298809)
It looks like someone started it but didn't finish. The basics are there for the class with the requirements, but not any of the class features gained.

Well, crap. I'll get that fixed as soon as I can.

Spyderbane April 22nd, 2022 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 298816)
Well, crap. I'll get that fixed as soon as I can.

Nightmare Spinner also looks blank.

Denricht April 29th, 2022 03:06 PM

Classe from complete Divine: Seeker of the Misty Ile
the classe right now as a full spell progression but level 5th and 10th should not be spell progression levels

and the classe dosent add the spell domain (Travel and Magic) to the main classe option
Thanks

Provos May 15th, 2022 07:30 PM

Mule/donkey encumbrance is incorrect. Not sure if the mule was marked as being a large creature like it says in the monster manual.

Spyderbane May 18th, 2022 03:37 PM

Song of the White Raven Feat doesn't appear to show an increase to Inspire Courage with Warblade or Crusader.

Sendric May 25th, 2022 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 299074)
Mule/donkey encumbrance is incorrect. Not sure if the mule was marked as being a large creature like it says in the monster manual.

It's only off by a slight margin, which I'll admit is weird, but I'm not sure it's worth fixing. In fact, I worry the fix might just make things worse since I'm not really sure where all the numbers come from. In any case, there's an Encumbrance adjustment that can be applied to change the total weight carried.

The mule is tagged as large.

Sendric May 25th, 2022 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyderbane (Post 298888)
Nightmare Spinner also looks blank.

I'm not seeing this. What is it and where is it from? Are you sure it's part of the community set?

Sendric May 25th, 2022 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denricht (Post 298971)
Classe from complete Divine: Seeker of the Misty Ile
the classe right now as a full spell progression but level 5th and 10th should not be spell progression levels

and the classe dosent add the spell domain (Travel and Magic) to the main classe option
Thanks

Thanks. I've fixed the spell progression problem. The spell domain issue will take me a little more time.

Spyderbane May 26th, 2022 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 299126)
I'm not seeing this. What is it and where is it from? Are you sure it's part of the community set?

Well, this is embarrassing. Looks like I was working on it and forgot about it. It's in my own personal file.

Sendric May 26th, 2022 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyderbane (Post 299135)
Well, this is embarrassing. Looks like I was working on it and forgot about it. It's in my own personal file.

Well, at least you know who to blame. :)

Illyahr June 25th, 2022 01:15 PM

A few bug reports before the next release:

Special: Sudden Strike (xMalSudden, Tome of Magic) needs to have xSudStrike bootstrapped
Feat: Reckless Rage (Races of Stone) adjust prerequisite to new Rage thing
Class Ability: Fey Transformation (Swanmay, Book of Exalted Deeds) timing for typechange condition needs to be First 450
Custom Special: Incarnum Blast (Magic of Incarnum) script needs to be a "childfound"
Feat: Unnatural Will (Heroes of Horror) prereqs not set
Race: Shifter (Eberron Campaign Setting) need the Humanoid type and Shapechanger subtype
Skill: Perform (weapon drill) (Complete Warrior) need endif's after each line, not calculating properly
Class: Shugenja (Complete Divine) secondary spells need to be set by cMagicLev and not level count
Feat: Dead Eye (Dragon Compendium) doesn't function
Class: Tattooed Monk (Complete Warrior) 4 skill points/level
Feat: Open Chakra Helper (all three) (Magic of Incarnum) timing needs to be at post-levels
Class: Eldritch Theurge (Complete Mage) 2 skill points per level
Variant: Warforged variants (Races of Eberron) need sources tagged
Item Power: Nimbleness (Magic of Faerun) increases penalty instead of reduces, change to Add Once
Class Ability: Endurance (Ranger2, Player's Handbook) not populating feat
Class Ability: Sudden Strike (Shadowblade, Tome of Magic) Value rounding up instead of down

Spyderbane June 27th, 2022 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 299136)
Well, at least you know who to blame. :)

I bugged that lazy person and got him to finish the file. :)

Sendric June 30th, 2022 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 299413)
A few bug reports before the next release:
Item Power: Nimbleness (Magic of Faerun) increases penalty instead of reduces, change to Add Once

While there is a source for Magic of Faerun, there is no actual file or content from this book in the community set.

I have otherwise fixed all the listed issues. I do want to take a closer look at the Open Chakra feats. I don't like how they were implemented.

Illyahr July 2nd, 2022 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 299460)
While there is a source for Magic of Faerun, there is no actual file or content from this book in the community set.

You sure? I have the file 'FR - Magic of Faerun' and it isn't one that I did.

Also, Drow Skirmisher (fDroSkirm, Races of Eberron) needs to have the timing set to pre-levels

Sendric July 2nd, 2022 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 299482)
You sure? I have the file 'FR - Magic of Faerun' and it isn't one that I did.

No, I'm not sure. I'm blind.

Quote:

Also, Drow Skirmisher (fDroSkirm, Races of Eberron) needs to have the timing set to pre-levels

got it.

Sendric July 5th, 2022 07:21 AM

Quote:

Actually, what issue is being caused by the current timing? I don't see any problems.

Illyahr July 7th, 2022 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 299501)
Actually, what issue is being caused by the current timing? I don't see any problems.

It isn't a problem with the feat itself, some other feats/abilities aren't recognizing the weapons properly with the current timing.

Sendric July 8th, 2022 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 299510)
It isn't a problem with the feat itself, some other feats/abilities aren't recognizing the weapons properly with the current timing.

Can you give me an example?

Illyahr July 8th, 2022 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 299518)
Can you give me an example?

The Drow Long Dagger is its own exotic weapon but is treated as a shortsword with the feat. However, things like Weapon Focus that search for "IsWeapon.wShortswd" don't identify it as such because they usually happen at post levels, before the tags are applied.

Sendric July 9th, 2022 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 299523)
The Drow Long Dagger is its own exotic weapon but is treated as a shortsword with the feat. However, things like Weapon Focus that search for "IsWeapon.wShortswd" don't identify it as such because they usually happen at post levels, before the tags are applied.

Ok, I'm not seeing this problem. The script to add those tags is running at First/100 so moving it up to Pre-Levels doesn't seem necessary. If you are still seeing this problem then we need to figure out what else is going on that could be causing an issue.

Illyahr July 9th, 2022 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 299531)
Ok, I'm not seeing this problem. The script to add those tags is running at First/100 so moving it up to Pre-Levels doesn't seem necessary. If you are still seeing this problem then we need to figure out what else is going on that could be causing an issue.

*facepalm* I was thinking something else.

Things running at First/100 don't register when referencing other things. The earliest I've seen something run properly, other than setting the Value of itself, is First/500

Sendric July 9th, 2022 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 299532)
*facepalm* I was thinking something else.

Things running at First/100 don't register when referencing other things. The earliest I've seen something run properly, other than setting the Value of itself, is First/500

Yes, it's probably earlier than it needs to be, and could mess things up if bootstrapped to something else with a conditional. At this point, though, it works and I don't see any real need to change it.

Illyahr July 9th, 2022 06:57 PM

So I accidentally left a test class in Fortunes and Winds. The class "a" is a test thing and needs to be deleted

Spyderbane July 22nd, 2022 12:10 PM

Sublime Chord's Song of Arcane Power from the Complete Arcane has the wrong short description. It currently says "Break Enchantment on a single target within 30 feet." This ability allows the next spell they cast to gain a bonus to their caster level based on the result of the perform check

Trion July 29th, 2022 02:34 PM

Hi !
I have a Druid 5, Planar Shapherd 2 character, however my animal companion only has 2 bonus HD according to Hero Lab.
Shouldn't it be 4, as the PlS level stacks with the Drd level for the purpose of the Animal Companion ?

EDIT : just made a test, if I change my PlS levels for Drd levels, I get the bonus HD for the animal companion. Could there be somehting wrong in the script that adds PlS levels to Drd levels ?

Sendric July 30th, 2022 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trion (Post 299665)
Hi !
I have a Druid 5, Planar Shapherd 2 character, however my animal companion only has 2 bonus HD according to Hero Lab.
Shouldn't it be 4, as the PlS level stacks with the Drd level for the purpose of the Animal Companion ?

EDIT : just made a test, if I change my PlS levels for Drd levels, I get the bonus HD for the animal companion. Could there be somehting wrong in the script that adds PlS levels to Drd levels ?

Yup. Change the second line to the following:

Code:

bonus = hero.tagcount[Classes.PlanShep]

Spyderbane August 8th, 2022 01:52 PM

I noticed that Paladin's Divine Grace is stacking Crusader's Indomitable Soul (Tomb of Battle)

Code:

Indomitable Soul (Ex): Beginning at 2nd level, you draw upon the power of your unwavering faith to steel yourself against the enemies you face. Your personality, energy, and dedication to your faith make it possible for you to shrug off attacks that target your willpower.

You add your Charisma bonus (if any) as a bonus on Will saves. This bonus does not stack with that from a paladin's divine grace ability.

Illyahr August 15th, 2022 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyderbane (Post 299731)
I noticed that Paladin's Divine Grace is stacking Crusader's Indomitable Soul (Tomb of Battle)

Code:

Indomitable Soul (Ex): Beginning at 2nd level, you draw upon the power of your unwavering faith to steel yourself against the enemies you face. Your personality, energy, and dedication to your faith make it possible for you to shrug off attacks that target your willpower.

You add your Charisma bonus (if any) as a bonus on Will saves. This bonus does not stack with that from a paladin's divine grace ability.

On it. I've made a couple adjustments that I missed in the file anyway :)

Illyahr August 16th, 2022 02:51 PM

Hey Sendric, can you look at the Discipline Weapon Focus ability for the Swordsage (Tome of Battle)? I got it to apply Broadcast.WepFocus to each of the discipline weapons but when I tried to assign WepFocus.eachweapon to the hero it kept giving an invalid tag error