Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - User Projects (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   [Modiphius 2d20] Star Trek Adventures (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58838)

PGoodman13 March 3rd, 2019 11:11 AM

Creating a Main Character
Step 1: Species

Set to Human

Step 2: Environment
Homeworld option

For this particular option, you get to increase one of the Attributes your species allows you to raise during the first step. Humans can increase any of the six Attributes in step 1. However, when you get to step 2, the only options you get are the three Attributes you chose during step 1.

Per Nathan Dowdell, the system developer, however, the intent for step 2 was for Humans to be able to raise any of those six Attributes, whether they'd been increased in step 1 or not. I'll try to find you the Facebook post where he told me this.

SSiron March 3rd, 2019 04:07 PM

I noticed this problem as well, although I wasn't sure exactly how to change it or bring it up.

I think the best way to fix this (although possibly more complicated coding wise) would be to have a drop-down selection tab on the Environment page for the 'Your Homeworld' and 'Another Species Homeworld' that would allow you to select which species homeworld it is. Then have that selection determine what attributes are available to choose from.

PGoodman13 April 21st, 2019 04:58 PM

Any news on when we might see an update with Sciences included?

TCArknight April 23rd, 2019 09:32 AM

Howdy!

I was getting ready to release an update last night when I found an issue with a couple of things. I fixed them, but want to wait until tonight or tomorrow night to be sure I caught everything.

I’ll go through too and check my notes on what got fixed, etc...

TCArknight April 24th, 2019 05:01 AM

New version 1.6 should be available which includes the Sciences Division items. Please let me know if have any issues. :)

Farling April 25th, 2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCArknight (Post 278387)
New version 1.6 should be available which includes the Sciences Division items. Please let me know if have any issues. :)

It didn't flag as an update.
It was listed as 1.6 in the update window.
After downloading, before import it showed 1.5 at the end of the first line (top left corner of import window).

PGoodman13 May 28th, 2019 08:38 AM

Okay, apparently I'm an idiot. How do I add a species to this?

TCArknight May 28th, 2019 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGoodman13 (Post 279218)
Okay, apparently I'm an idiot. How do I add a species to this?

No, I probably am for not including it on the editor. I’ll check when I get to my laptop tonight.

PGoodman13 May 28th, 2019 09:00 PM

It doesn't help that the editor is kind of arcane, and I haven't had much luck figuring it out. Is it possible to add a user data set that sits alongside this? Say I wanted to create my own "sourcebook" of third-party options that I allow in-game?

TCArknight May 29th, 2019 05:39 AM

Sure, you can copy and modify into another file with the .user extension, or if you need to copy a source selection say to select “House Rules” option on the config hero screen those would go in a .1st file, that help? :)