Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

Sendric August 22nd, 2014 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirtos (Post 190974)
That's what I meant when I said I would require both. In reality the weapon is in essence giving you a very specialized quick draw.

Well, then I guess we agree.....um...so there?

Bloodwolf August 24th, 2014 11:45 AM

I'm doing a quick comparison of tags for Eldritch Blast and Rapier. Can't seem to find anything that would indicate a reason why it is unselectable as a weapon. The reason given when hovering over the non-selectable symbol says I'm not the right size. Oh well I was hoping to assist with fixing this bug.

Unfortunately I did find a bug too. I'm making a new version of my Rogue/Warlock and tried to pick the Thay trait. As a result I also picked the Mind Over Body free feat. It gave me the feat but shows that I do not meet the requirements of race. It is also not using the ability that I selected for my HP modifier. I tried both and neither work. Is this because I don't meet the requirements?

Sendric August 25th, 2014 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodwolf (Post 191207)
I'm doing a quick comparison of tags for Eldritch Blast and Rapier. Can't seem to find anything that would indicate a reason why it is unselectable as a weapon. The reason given when hovering over the non-selectable symbol says I'm not the right size. Oh well I was hoping to assist with fixing this bug.

Yea, this is actually intentional. I can probably make it selectable, but I didn't see a reason for doing that since you can't really "wield" it. I suppose since you can't use it while holding a weapon, it could be useful?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodwolf (Post 191207)
Unfortunately I did find a bug too. I'm making a new version of my Rogue/Warlock and tried to pick the Thay trait. As a result I also picked the Mind Over Body free feat. It gave me the feat but shows that I do not meet the requirements of race. It is also not using the ability that I selected for my HP modifier. I tried both and neither work. Is this because I don't meet the requirements?

What is your race? The eval scripts on the trait and feat both appear to be looking at your race. The hp bonus appears to be tied to how many Metamagic feats you have. Do you have any?

TobyFox2002 August 30th, 2014 09:24 AM

Darkvision Error

I remember someone posting about the dark vision error before, but I don't remember any fix or eta on one. It is really getting aggravating, and making it hard to test new content is there any word on the status of the fix?

Sendric August 30th, 2014 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 (Post 191782)
I remember someone posting about the dark vision error before, but I don't remember any fix or eta on one. It is really getting aggravating, and making it hard to test new content is there any word on the status of the fix?

Actually, I was running into it myself these past few days. I hadn't realized how much of a problem it was. I have several fixes in for this that will be in the next release. Not sure if I've captured all of them, though.

TobyFox2002 October 2nd, 2014 12:35 PM

According to the Monster Manual the Half-Dragon type changes the type of the base creature to "Dragon." But does not recalculate Base Saves or Base attacks.

The Half-Dragon, is not correctly applying the Dragon Type to characters in hero labs. As a result, it is giving back prerequisite errors when dealing with dragon feats/spells/abilities and dragonblood feats/spells/abilities.

Sendric October 2nd, 2014 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 (Post 194488)
According to the Monster Manual the Half-Dragon type changes the type of the base creature to "Dragon." But does not recalculate Base Saves or Base attacks.

The Half-Dragon, is not correctly applying the Dragon Type to characters in hero labs. As a result, it is giving back prerequisite errors when dealing with dragon feats/spells/abilities and dragonblood feats/spells/abilities.

Thanks for the report. I'll check it out.

Update: This looks like a core issue. I'll throw is Shadow's way.

GoldenBlue October 23rd, 2014 12:42 PM

Warblade - Wall of Blades prerequisites incorrect?

*nevermind*

Sendric October 23rd, 2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenBlue (Post 195828)
*nevermind*

Another satisfied customer. :D

TobyFox2002 October 24th, 2014 05:13 AM

*rofl*

GoldenBlue October 24th, 2014 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 195840)
Another satisfied customer. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 (Post 195886)
*rofl*

Well when I read more carefully I discovered the thing I thought was a bug was not. :D

Although there is another issue I am wondering about, (might be a bug). So in the Expanded Psionics Handbook, the Thri-Kreen's racial bonuses are somewhat different from the ones in the data set. Is this a bug? I only have a handful of 3.5 books so maybe the data set's stats are valid and from a different source? I did discover the editor today and made a copy of the Thri-Kreen and changed it to match what it says in my EPH but I probably messed something up.

Also, Complete Psionics has something called Racial Classes. Are those implemented somewhere?

Thanks in advance!

Jimbo420 October 24th, 2014 10:58 AM

I apologize if this is not the correct place to be doing this but I think I may have come across a bug.

When playing a Paladin before when you marked off a use of your channel ability then it would automatically mark off two uses of the lay on hands, as it should per the core rule book. I think it started in the update when the the button to reset abilities after nights rest that is no longer happening automatically.

Sendric October 24th, 2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenBlue (Post 195912)
Although there is another issue I am wondering about, (might be a bug). So in the Expanded Psionics Handbook, the Thri-Kreen's racial bonuses are somewhat different from the ones in the data set. Is this a bug? I only have a handful of 3.5 books so maybe the data set's stats are valid and from a different source? I did discover the editor today and made a copy of the Thri-Kreen and changed it to match what it says in my EPH but I probably messed something up.

I took a look. The adjustments provided in the editor appear to have been done to match the ability scores of the Thri-Kreen entry. For example, the Thri-Kreen on page 213 has an Dexterity score of 15 (+5 like the editor), but the entry for Thri-Kreen as a character grants only a +4. I think it probably makes sense to make it match the Thri-Kreen as a character entry instead. I'll make the changes.

Quote:

Also, Complete Psionics has something called Racial Classes. Are those implemented somewhere?
No, not at this time. I'll look into what it would take to implement that.

Sendric October 24th, 2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbo420 (Post 195918)
I apologize if this is not the correct place to be doing this but I think I may have come across a bug.

When playing a Paladin before when you marked off a use of your channel ability then it would automatically mark off two uses of the lay on hands, as it should per the core rule book. I think it started in the update when the the button to reset abilities after nights rest that is no longer happening automatically.

The Paladin is a core class, so this should probably be reported in the 5.3 release thread (which is also serving as a bug thread for that release).

Jimbo420 October 24th, 2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 195921)
The Paladin is a core class, so this should probably be reported in the 5.3 release thread (which is also serving as a bug thread for that release).

I will post it there then.

GoldenBlue October 24th, 2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 195920)
I took a look. The adjustments provided in the editor appear to have been done to match the ability scores of the Thri-Kreen entry. For example, the Thri-Kreen on page 213 has an Dexterity score of 15 (+5 like the editor), but the entry for Thri-Kreen as a character grants only a +4. I think it probably makes sense to make it match the Thri-Kreen as a character entry instead. I'll make the changes.

No, not at this time. I'll look into what it would take to implement that.

Thanks for your good work on these data files! BTW, see page 14 of the EPH for the full race description for players.

ShadowChemosh October 24th, 2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbo420 (Post 195918)

These terms are for Pathfinder paladins not for 3.5 paladin. 3.5 Paladin does not get "uses per day" for Lay on Hands. They also don't have Channel Energy.

So make sure if you report this you report this for Pathfinder not d20. :)

GoldenBlue October 25th, 2014 01:36 PM

Another Bug - Knight Starting HP

I think I found another bug. My wife created a knight character and it doesn't seem to be added the max hit dice at first level. Her HP was only her con modifier (3). It should have been 15, right? (d12 + con mod?)

Sendric October 26th, 2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenBlue (Post 195993)
I think I found another bug. My wife created a knight character and it doesn't seem to be added the max hit dice at first level. Her HP was only her con modifier (3). It should have been 15, right? (d12 + con mod?)

Yep. That's a bug. It's an easy fix. If you open 3.5 - Players Handbook 2 in the editor and go to the Class tab and select "Knight". Enter 12 for "Hit Dice # Sides", save and test. This will resolve the issue. In the meantime, I'll make the fix for the next release. Looks like this class could use some touch-up anyway.

GoldenBlue October 26th, 2014 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 196030)
... In the meantime, I'll make the fix for the next release. Looks like this class could use some touch-up anyway.

Yup, that fixed it. Thanks a bunch!

GoldenBlue October 30th, 2014 08:30 PM

Bug in Warblade

So my character is a Half-Orc Warblade at level 4. He should have no special bonuses to his Reflex Save except that granted by the Battle Clarity class feature. His Int is 14 (+2) and his Dex is 16 (+3) so by my (admittedly often flawed math) his Reflex save should be 6 = 1 (from the warblade class table) + 3 (dex mod) + 2 (granted by Battle Clarity). The software is reporting 8. Perhaps the software is adding his warblade level [4] to the Ref save instead of min(IntMod [2], WarbladeClassLevel [4])?

Let me know if I'm crazy and a fix if you can,

Thanks!

Sendric November 1st, 2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenBlue (Post 196279)
So my character is a Half-Orc Warblade at level 4. He should have no special bonuses to his Reflex Save except that granted by the Battle Clarity class feature. His Int is 14 (+2) and his Dex is 16 (+3) so by my (admittedly often flawed math) his Reflex save should be 6 = 1 (from the warblade class table) + 3 (dex mod) + 2 (granted by Battle Clarity). The software is reporting 8. Perhaps the software is adding his warblade level [4] to the Ref save instead of min(IntMod [2], WarbladeClassLevel [4])?

Let me know if I'm crazy and a fix if you can,

Thanks!

Yep. It's a bug. If you open the Tome of Battle user file and find Battle Clarity in the Class Special tab, you can change that last line of the eval script to this:

Code:

#applybonus[BonInsight, hero.child[vRef], bonus]
That should resolve it. Thanks for the report.

Bloodwolf November 1st, 2014 12:54 PM

Ok here is a quick list of the MM1 monsters that have feat issues that are used for Summon Monster I and II.
All seem to have Unarmed Strike even if they have claws. Is this a hard coded item?

Badger supposed to have Track, Weapon Finesse. Has Track, Weapon Finesse, and Agile.

Monkey supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Agile.

Owl supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Alertness.

Hawk supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Alertness.

Raven supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Alertness.

Small Viper Snake supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Improved Initiative.

Eagle supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Alertness.

Medium Viper Snake supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Improved Initiative.

Wolf supposed to have Track and Weapon Focus Bite. Has Track and no Feats available. When Weapon Focus Bite added the Weapon Focus Bite added twice bootstrap issue.

I'll go through and find the rest later and post them too.

GoldenBlue November 2nd, 2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 196428)
Yep. It's a bug. If you open the Tome of Battle user file and find Battle Clarity in the Class Special tab, you can change that last line of the eval script to this:

Code:

#applybonus[BonInsight, hero.child[vRef], bonus]
That should resolve it. Thanks for the report.

Yep, that fixed it. Thanks again Sendric! However you didn't let me know if I am crazy :)

Sendric November 2nd, 2014 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenBlue (Post 196520)
Yep, that fixed it. Thanks again Sendric! However you didn't let me know if I am crazy :)

Aren't we all just a little crazy? ;)

Sendric November 6th, 2014 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodwolf (Post 196440)
Ok here is a quick list of the MM1 monsters that have feat issues that are used for Summon Monster I and II.
All seem to have Unarmed Strike even if they have claws. Is this a hard coded item?

Everyone gets Unarmed Strike. It's hard-coded. For animals, I usually just ignore it.

Quote:

Badger supposed to have Track, Weapon Finesse. Has Track, Weapon Finesse, and Agile.

Monkey supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Agile.

Owl supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Alertness.

Hawk supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Alertness.

Raven supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Alertness.

Small Viper Snake supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Improved Initiative.

Eagle supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Alertness.

Medium Viper Snake supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Improved Initiative.
So I just looked into this. According to the errata, this is correct. All of these animals (plus a few others) obtained Weapon Finesse without having the proper pre-requisite. The errata indicates that because of this, Weapon Finesse should be treated as a bonus feat (so that it can ignore the pre-req) and then they each gain an additional feat, as you've pointed out.

Quote:

Wolf supposed to have Track and Weapon Focus Bite. Has Track and no Feats available. When Weapon Focus Bite added the Weapon Focus Bite added twice bootstrap issue.

I'll go through and find the rest later and post them too.
Probably the same issue where the bootstrapped weapon has the Weapon Focus tag applied. There's no way to force a selection when bootstrapping a feat, which is why I suspect the original author did this. It probably makes sense to have the player select the appropriate weapon, though so I'll make the correction.

Update: I can't force the selection, but I can limit it. Seems like a reasonable solution here.

ShadowChemosh November 6th, 2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 196825)
Probably the same issue where the bootstrapped weapon has the Weapon Focus tag applied. There's no way to force a selection when bootstrapping a feat, which is why I suspect the original author did this. It probably makes sense to have the player select the appropriate weapon, though so I'll make the correction.

Update: I can't force the selection, but I can limit it. Seems like a reasonable solution here.

Are you using a custom version of Weapon Focus? I fixed Weapon Focus two versions back to support the "Target.?" tag which allows you to set the target of the weapon focus when you bootstrap. So just looked and the CORE wolf has Weapon Focus - Bite when selected.

XML example:
Code:

<bootstrap thing="fWepFoc">
      <autotag group="Target" tag="wBite"/>
      </bootstrap>

Sendric November 7th, 2014 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 196867)
Are you using a custom version of Weapon Focus? I fixed Weapon Focus two versions back to support the "Target.?" tag which allows you to set the target of the weapon focus when you bootstrap. So just looked and the CORE wolf has Weapon Focus - Bite when selected.

XML example:
Code:

<bootstrap thing="fWepFoc">
      <autotag group="Target" tag="wBite"/>
      </bootstrap>

Neat. I wasn't aware of this. Maybe if I was better at reading documentation...

Thanks for the info. I'll have to test this out. It will certainly make things much easier.

mirtos November 15th, 2014 06:38 AM

This may have already been brought up, but we have a bug with things stacking that shouldnt.

For example, I do an adjustment, Armor Class (deflection to a character who already has a ring of protection +2, and they stack. they shouldnt. I did this adjustment to simulate a protection from evil spell.

I tested this by doing two different deflection bonuses as well, both on adjustments... and they stack.

Sendric November 16th, 2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirtos (Post 197421)
This may have already been brought up, but we have a bug with things stacking that shouldnt.

For example, I do an adjustment, Armor Class (deflection to a character who already has a ring of protection +2, and they stack. they shouldnt. I did this adjustment to simulate a protection from evil spell.

I tested this by doing two different deflection bonuses as well, both on adjustments... and they stack.

I believe this is actually intended. An adjustment is meant to take your existing deflection AC and change it however you wish. What we really need is more spell adjustments, which wouldn't stack. I'll add this to the to-do list.

mirtos November 17th, 2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 197467)
I believe this is actually intended. An adjustment is meant to take your existing deflection AC and change it however you wish. What we really need is more spell adjustments, which wouldn't stack. I'll add this to the to-do list.

seems odd to me to have them stack. i guess ill have to create some specific adjustments for my game that dont use the "adjustment" but i would expect that a deflection adjustment under the temporary adjustments to follow the normal rules of stacking. if they are meant to ignore the stacking then there is very little difference to AC and AC (Deflection)

ive always used the temporary adjustments as a quick and dirty way to do an effect that doesnt fit a spell that will be reused ("for 5 rounds you get a +3 deflection bonus because the god smiled upon you").

Sendric November 17th, 2014 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirtos (Post 197540)
seems odd to me to have them stack. i guess ill have to create some specific adjustments for my game that dont use the "adjustment" but i would expect that a deflection adjustment under the temporary adjustments to follow the normal rules of stacking. if they are meant to ignore the stacking then there is very little difference to AC and AC (Deflection)

ive always used the temporary adjustments as a quick and dirty way to do an effect that doesnt fit a spell that will be reused ("for 5 rounds you get a +3 deflection bonus because the god smiled upon you").

I could be wrong. To be honest, I'm making an assumption since I didn't create the adjustments myself. Either way, I think we do need to add spell conditions like Pathfinder has.

mirtos November 18th, 2014 07:37 AM

I agree with you on spell conditions. I've created some of the more common ones that I use. I will look and see what they are and whats missing, and if you're interested, include them. Im hoping your wrong on adjustments though. Because I think adjustments should still followthe normal "stacking" rules to help DMs like me that do things off-the-cuff.

Sendric November 18th, 2014 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirtos (Post 197610)
I agree with you on spell conditions. I've created some of the more common ones that I use. I will look and see what they are and whats missing, and if you're interested, include them. Im hoping your wrong on adjustments though. Because I think adjustments should still followthe normal "stacking" rules to help DMs like me that do things off-the-cuff.

I'm more than happy to include anything you want to provide. Thanks!

OverTheSwamp December 1st, 2014 10:50 PM

In reference to a bug as follows:
Adjust tab
Temporary or Permanent Adjustment
Power Attack

Adjusting this modifier affects the Attack modifier, and Armor Class? :/
My work around is to have separate weapon and damage adjustments.

Sendric December 2nd, 2014 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverTheSwamp (Post 198696)
In reference to a bug as follows:
Adjust tab
Temporary or Permanent Adjustment
Power Attack

Adjusting this modifier affects the Attack modifier, and Armor Class? :/
My work around is to have separate weapon and damage adjustments.

Cheers

Yep. That's not right. I'll get that fixed. Thanks for the report.

Update: I have fixed this with one caveat, which I noted in the adjustment description. When using a double-weapon as a double weapon, the damage bonus is being applied to the second attack. Based on my interpretation of the feat, this should not happen. The second attack of a double-weapon is considered light so the damage bonus from Power Attack doesn't apply. Unfortunately, I can't figure out a way to avoid the damage bonus being added so users will need to make note of that. Otherwise, it seems to be working.

Neddy January 12th, 2015 11:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone ,I notice when I do my Mage Drow Whit the Tainted Scholar Prestige Class it have to many spell Slot. I put in attachment.
It have 18 in depravity that and 14 in corruption. Check It if you have the time. I made customs adjustments for the moment.

Sendric January 12th, 2015 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neddy (Post 201346)
Hi everyone ,I notice when I do my Mage Drow Whit the Tainted Scholar Prestige Class it have to many spell Slot. I put in attachment.
It have 18 in depravity that and 14 in corruption. Check It if you have the time. I made customs adjustments for the moment.

Thanks for the report. Looks like I may need to work on my script some. I'll let you know if/when I come up with a fix.

Update:

I have a fix. I wasn't properly calculating the ability score bonus for spell casting. The fix will be available in the next release, however if you want it sooner you can apply the following change:

In the 3.5 Heroes of Horror .user file, find Tainted Spellcasting in the Class Specials tab. In Eval Script #1, change the following code:

Code:

~determine bonus spell score
var bonspell as number
bonspell = 10 + hero.childfound[pDepravity].field[pAdjust].value

foreach pick in hero from BaseClHelp where class

~determine chosen class's spell-casting attribute bonus
 var att as number
 att = eachpick.field[cSplAttVal].value-10
 att = round(att/2,0,-1)

bonspell -= att
 eachpick.field[cSplAttBon].value += bonspell

nexteach

to:

Code:

~determine bonus spell score
var bonspell as number
bonspell = hero.childfound[pDepravity].field[pAdjust].value
bonspell = round(bonspell/2,0,-1)

foreach pick in hero from BaseClHelp where class

~apply attribute bonus to chosen class
 eachpick.field[cSplAttBon].value = bonspell

nexteach

That should resolve the problem. Let me know if it doesn't or if you see any other issues. Thanks again for the report.

simonb530 January 14th, 2015 04:42 PM

I think I have found two bugs:

1) The wolf's damage on bite should be 1.5x Str Mod. as stated in the MM(pg. 6). I haven't seen this error with other Monsters.

2) The Crusader class adds the charisma modifier to saving throws.

Also side, note is there a way to have fractional BaB and saving throws taken into account.

Thank You

TobyFox2002 January 18th, 2015 10:26 AM

Sorry for the delay.

1) It sounds like an issue with the bite of the wolf not being counted as a primary, shouldnt be too hard to fix..

2) It is adding the Cha mod to will saves (maybe it was already fixed).

3) Fractional base saves is very complicated. I do not think anyone has tackled this issue. I'd take a crack at it but I am absolutely horrible at math.