Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Newbie to HlO - how do I increase weapon damage? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=66669)

Eranthius January 8th, 2022 12:39 PM

Newbie to HlO - how do I increase weapon damage?

Hey fam - new user here. How do I increase weapon damage? I have a champion player and I can't figure out how to increase her weapon damage from a d8 to d10 due to it being her champions chosen weapon.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks a ton!

E

Parody January 9th, 2022 11:42 AM

Getting the obvious questions out of the way, is this their deity's favored weapon? Is the favored weapon an unarmed strike or simple weapon? (See the Champion's Deific Weapon ability.)

I tried champions of Pharasma with dagger and Abadar with crossbow (one of the few simple weapons with a d8) and both had the increased damage die.

mototom January 10th, 2022 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eranthius (Post 297921)
How do I increase weapon damage? I have a champion player and I can't figure out how to increase her weapon damage from a d8 to d10 due to it being her champions chosen weapon.

Parody summarized the things to verify.

It should be automatic if it qualifies. The weapon may not get the increased damage die. Which weapon is it?

Eranthius January 12th, 2022 01:01 PM

It is indeed the Champions Deific weapon ability! I had to crete Osiris since I don't own those books yet, I don't think. I have tried both 'flail' and 'gnome flickmace' as the deity weapon in the manage & customize section - which is I think where I need to do that at.

Note - when I go to divine font and skill it also only gives me the weapon choices?

Ryan F January 12th, 2022 01:17 PM

Greetings,

Ah, yes, the Custom Deity form options, sadly those have some issues at the moment that present exactly the issue that you encountered. The issue is already one that we have documented for the team to have ironed out with a future patch where we focus on bug fixes.

In this case, there isn't a real need for it but whenever you might run into a bug or weirdness that you don't expect please do feel free to contact us via the email address for our support inbox that you can find in my signature and we will see about walking through the situation and get it documented for review and correction should it present as a bug like the Custom Deity problem.

Thanks!

Eranthius January 12th, 2022 01:22 PM

Hey Ryan! Thanks for the prompt reply - I appreciate that. I'll drop a note to the support email, easy day.

Is there another way to increase the damage dice?

Ryan F January 12th, 2022 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eranthius (Post 297957)
Hey Ryan! Thanks for the prompt reply - I appreciate that. I'll drop a note to the support email, easy day.

Is there another way to increase the damage dice?

Yes indeed, there is!

Open the Character that is thusly impacted, ensure that you have the Weapon added that you intend to raise the Weapon Damage Die to your Weapon Tab/Sheet and then locate the Adjustments Tab from the Navigation sidebar, from there you will click the + Button on the Permanent Adjustments Table and search for "Override Weapon Damage Dice" which will give you a special Adjustment where you can modify the Damage Die, number of Dice, and the type of the Weapon Damage (Melee or Ranged) that you're modifying along with a dropdown that enables you to select the Weapon you want to be changed.

It's not exactly the automatic and ideal way to get this tweaked for the kind of customization that we were intending for but in the meantime, while we work on fixing the underlying bug, this should suffice to get your Stats added to the Character as desired.

Hope it at least helps a bit for now, thanks!

Parody January 12th, 2022 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eranthius (Post 297955)
I have tried both 'flail' and 'gnome flickmace' as the deity weapon in the manage & customize section - which is I think where I need to do that at.

You're doing custom things anyway, but I'll point out that neither of those are an unarmed strike or simple weapon and thus don't normally get the increase. (Flail is Martial and Gnome Flickmace is Advanced.)

I tried making a custom diety with a Club and that got the increase automatically.

Eranthius January 15th, 2022 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parody (Post 297959)
You're doing custom things anyway, but I'll point out that neither of those are an unarmed strike or simple weapon and thus don't normally get the increase. (Flail is Martial and Gnome Flickmace is Advanced.)

I tried making a custom diety with a Club and that got the increase automatically.

Oh very true! Thank you Parody!

Eranthius January 15th, 2022 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan F (Post 297958)
Yes indeed, there is!

Open the Character that is thusly impacted, ensure that you have the Weapon added that you intend to raise the Weapon Damage Die to your Weapon Tab/Sheet and then locate the Adjustments Tab from the Navigation sidebar, from there you will click the + Button on the Permanent Adjustments Table and search for "Override Weapon Damage Dice" which will give you a special Adjustment where you can modify the Damage Die, number of Dice, and the type of the Weapon Damage (Melee or Ranged) that you're modifying along with a dropdown that enables you to select the Weapon you want to be changed.

It's not exactly the automatic and ideal way to get this tweaked for the kind of customization that we were intending for but in the meantime, while we work on fixing the underlying bug, this should suffice to get your Stats added to the Character as desired.

Hope it at least helps a bit for now, thanks!

Thanks Ryan - I'll give that a shot. Is there a formula I need to know here? Or is it pretty intuitive?