Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Hiding Core stuff (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51644)

Aldaron December 17th, 2014 12:13 PM

Hiding Core stuff

Is there any way of hiding core races (for example) in the HL editor?

I'm currently building a Dragon Age version of Pathfinder, and I want to be able to create two versions of the Elf race: Elf (City) and Elf (Dalish), but ONLY have the new versions appear as Elf racial options, not all three.

Of course, it's not a huge deal to just not select "Elf", but it would be nice if there was a way to hide it in the editor. The same will apply with "Half-Orc" and numerous others.

Mathias December 17th, 2014 12:50 PM

The *Preclude tab in the General grouping is how you can hide certain things while you've got a certain set of sources turned on.

ShadowChemosh December 17th, 2014 02:38 PM

My thought about different elves would be do maybe instead do the changes you need as an ART (Alternate Racial Trait) or even an Ethnicity instead. Then have the ART make the changes or additions to the base race. Then other things like Archetypes, feats, spells, magic items from Pathfinder will still work with the "Elf" race better.

Just a thought...

Aldaron December 18th, 2014 03:44 PM

Excellent - thanks guys. Just as a heads-up, too, I've duplicated the whole Pathfinder RPG in HL and named it "Dragon Age", so I can muck about with it without affecting my "real" PFRPG.

Next question: ( :) ) I'm creating the "Mage" class using Sorcerer as a base. All seems good, however it doesn't seem to carry over the Bloodline ability. I can see it in the Mage class, but if I click on the "Add More Bloodlines (choose 1)" button, I get a message saying there is nothing to choose from.

I've looked in the scripts, and see:

if (hero.findchild[BaseCustSp,"SpecSource.cHelpSor"].field[usrChosen1].ischosen <> 0) then
perform hero.findchild[BaseCustSp,"SpecSource.cHelpSor"].field[usrChosen1].chosen.forward[BloodEner.?]
endif

Now, I've tried swapping out "cHelpSor" for "cHelpMge" (the ID for my new class), to no avail. Is there some bit of hard-coding in the Core that would prevent the Bloodline ability being assigned to anything other than the Sorcerer class? Or am I missing something really obvious?

Cheers, and thanks again.

RavenX December 19th, 2014 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aldaron (Post 199848)
Excellent - thanks guys. Just as a heads-up, too, I've duplicated the whole Pathfinder RPG in HL and named it "Dragon Age", so I can muck about with it without affecting my "real" PFRPG.

Next question: ( :) ) I'm creating the "Mage" class using Sorcerer as a base. All seems good, however it doesn't seem to carry over the Bloodline ability. I can see it in the Mage class, but if I click on the "Add More Bloodlines (choose 1)" button, I get a message saying there is nothing to choose from.

I've looked in the scripts, and see:

if (hero.findchild[BaseCustSp,"SpecSource.cHelpSor"].field[usrChosen1].ischosen <> 0) then
perform hero.findchild[BaseCustSp,"SpecSource.cHelpSor"].field[usrChosen1].chosen.forward[BloodEner.?]
endif

Now, I've tried swapping out "cHelpSor" for "cHelpMge" (the ID for my new class), to no avail. Is there some bit of hard-coding in the Core that would prevent the Bloodline ability being assigned to anything other than the Sorcerer class? Or am I missing something really obvious?

Cheers, and thanks again.

The problem here is that the Bloodlines are Custom Abilities for the class. Each has an "Available to Class..." selection for sorcerer. So if you want them to show up you need to have your class register as a sorcerer I think.

Aldaron December 21st, 2014 03:10 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Much appreciated.